Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think that its high time for the sims5?

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    yes
    Spot on!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    yes
    Yes, only if isnt just a reskinned TS4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    yes
    the sims 4 is a good sims game dont get me wrong but there was so much potential left behind which makes me sad. this is why i wish for the sims 5 to be at least announced soon or for the sims 3 to get the 64-bit update it desperately needs. again the sims 4 isnt a bad game in fact its a good game but compared to other sims game i just cant help but underwhelmed. i hope the next pack in the sims 4 is going to be focused on more gameplay and activities, i would die for a freetime kinda pack tbh
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    yes
    In keeping with the dead horse analogy... I'd say adding more packs to Sims 4 is like flogging a dead horse. You might get some enjoyment out of beating it, but the dead horse...well, it's still dead.
    tenor.gif

Thank you. It's like people think that one day they are going to wake up and the game will be this perfect fun thing with cars, open world, personalities, free babies etc. This just won't happen and even if it does it will be done in this downgraded Sims 4 way.

The Sims 4 is dead and if we want a better game we won't get it out of the Sims 4 anymore. Maybe we won't get it out of the Sims 5 either, who knows. But it's better to go looking for a new horse to beat than just keep beating the dead one.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    other ideas for sims 5 please post
    But it's better to go looking for a new horse to beat than just keep beating the dead one.

That’s pure animal cruelty.😢
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    yes
    In keeping with the dead horse analogy... I'd say adding more packs to Sims 4 is like flogging a dead horse. You might get some enjoyment out of beating it, but the dead horse...well, it's still dead.
    tenor.gif

Thank you. It's like people think that one day they are going to wake up and the game will be this perfect fun thing with cars, open world, personalities, free babies etc. This just won't happen and even if it does it will be done in this downgraded Sims 4 way.

The Sims 4 is dead and if we want a better game we won't get it out of the Sims 4 anymore. Maybe we won't get it out of the Sims 5 either, who knows. But it's better to go looking for a new horse to beat than just keep beating the dead one.

isnt the sims 5 going to be online? that scares tbh im not sure many people including me will like that but we have to wait and see i guess. also i remember hearing that the sims 4 was originally going to be online but then they decided to remake it into a singleplayer game within a time frame with the same engine which is why the game has limitations, im not sure but that would clear alot of things
  • jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    yes
    Yes it is time for the Sims 5 to come out. Hoping it won't be an online version though. Tired of Sims 4 now, we need change, and the platform we have now can't handle the type of things people are asking for. Sims 2 and 3 can still entertain me but I find 4 bores me in a very short time.
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    yes
    Assuming Sims 5 will be better than the previous Sims games, yes, I want the Sims 5 after the Sims 4's glitches are fixed. A lot of problems people have with the Sims 4 are hard to fix/add because of it's engine, so it will be easier for the Sims 5 to have what people want since it won't have the engine that's holding the Sims 4 back.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited October 2020
    other ideas for sims 5 please post
    TS4 is so broken, yet given current trends in the mainstream gaming industry especially with EA, I am afraid TS5 will end up incorporating those features and skimping on the needed ones.

Yes, TS4 needs a replacement, but I fear TS5 will be a microtransaction laden, online-always mess.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited October 2020
    no
    They are probably waiting to see what Paradox Tectonic comes up with to spoil its' sales by announcing it at the same time or just before. :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited October 2020
    yes
    If Paradox Tectonic has someone who worked on the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 heading the team *cough* ahem Rod Humble; the chances of it (if it is a life-simulation intent on taking market share from EA) being a darned sight better than the Sims "5" offering is astronomical.

If they even want a chance at beating PT...then they'd better drop the idea of an "always online" based off a MMO engine Sims 5 and get back to what made Sims great *NOT looking at you, Sims 4.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    yes
    adamzaid wrote: »
    the sims 4 is a good sims game dont get me wrong but there was so much potential left behind which makes me sad. this is why i wish for the sims 5 to be at least announced soon or for the sims 3 to get the 64-bit update it desperately needs. again the sims 4 isnt a bad game in fact its a good game but compared to other sims game i just cant help but underwhelmed. i hope the next pack in the sims 4 is going to be focused on more gameplay and activities, i would die for a freetime kinda pack tbh

It's amazing TS3 is still selling, over on the TS3 site, though we can't post EA still advertises TS3 and TS4. Go figure, why would they continue to advertise TS3 so much if they want people to buy TS4. It's like they have a fight going on between the two games, but TS3 is still being sold (and some not as reduced as much as TS4 packs get reduced) after six years. lol I can't remember how long TS2 EPs and comp packs were being sold after TS3 came out, maybe until 2011, but TS3 is still giving TS4 a run for it's money. All that money from TS3 and TS4 should go to TS5 for a bigger, better game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    no
    No definitely not. I would not want to see another version of the Sims franchise launched which has been rushed and not properly tested. I would much prefer to wait for a new version which has a stable, content rich base game which does not rely on future packs to make it enjoyable to play. I would also like to see player consultation prior to development rather than following the latest trends and imposing them on the community.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    no

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
    edited October 2020
    yes
    No definitely not. I would not want to see another version of the Sims franchise launched which has been rushed and not properly tested. I would much prefer to wait for a new version which has a stable, content rich base game which does not rely on future packs to make it enjoyable to play. I would also like to see player consultation prior to development rather than following the latest trends and imposing them on the community.

But we really don't know how long they have been actually developing a new Sim game. We saw the ads for job openings for it in 2017, but just like all the othes they could have been thinking about it, designing an engine since the day TS4 was rushed out the door. Just like 2,3, and 4. The very first year of 2 and 3 they were building and working on the engines and ideas and plans. It's said TS4 was in development in 2010 one year after TS3, so, maybe it's been longer than we actually know for TS5.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    yes
    From what I've seen, after the "expected" packs have all been released the game starts to deteriorate and they move on to mediocre experimental packs. This is what's happened with the Sims 4, it'd be stupid to carry it on too much longer since these packs always suck.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    no
    No, not now. I really did not like Sims 4 in the beginning and frankly speaking - I am still upset that the whole traits and emotions system is not working. ...and, of course, I am missing an open world.
    However, after Get Together, Island Living, Selvadora, University and possibly Snowy Escape I have finally fallen in love with the building options and the look.
    I have spent so much money on Sims 4. Please make the effort to improve and fix it.
    Lest we forget - Sims 5 will be online. This means that many of us (me included) will refuse to play it. Unless EA is planning to loose many customers at once they better improve Sims 4 before developing Sims 5.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    edited October 2020
    no
    No, I would rather let EA take it's time with Sims 5. I would like for toddlers to be in the game.

Sims 4 was rushed probably because sims 3 has become too heavy for it's engine, players were furious, EA was very pressured indeed. There is no such rush now. Sims 4 is a bit laggy with all the packs, but not as laggy as sims 3 was.

And by the way, Sims was EA from the very beggining. The Sims 1 - it was EA, Maxis was part of EA since 1997. I think the Sims is EA's favorite baby, it's proud, joy and a cash cow. Sure, EA will milk it, companies exist to make money, but every sims game (sims 4 included) has a lot of details that show care and love.

Sims 5 will not be perfect and it will miss many things and it will be online. But I do hope it will be... playable? I hope. EA has a lot of experience when it comes to sims games. I am yet to see another life simulator that is.. finished. I'm ok with buying from EA, I pay and I play, fine by me. Not giving my money to something I can't play the same day, that's for sure.

And not in a rush to play a new base game, I love to have uni, season and pets in a life simulator :D
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Sims 5 will eventually come around sooner or later, but I don't have any trust of EA, and while I'm a large fan of the Sims 4, I understand a lot of the frustrations and disappointments to come out of it and I think Sims 5 will likely just get worse.

I do not look forward to a more "live-service" oriented Sims game.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Frankly, I'm not ready for the whining for generations/seasons/pets/university to start up again.
    yes
    Frankly, I'm not ready for the whining for generations/seasons/pets/university to start up again.

But if a basegame was as full as past basegames then it could be possible (if they want to spend the money) to add weather, a few small pets, and hands on school or degrees or something to a basegame. Think about it, they charged $60 for TS4 base and $80 if you bought the party pack thing with it at TS4's release. That was a huge price for as little as TS4 contained.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    no
    Nope! There are still a lot that of things that needs to be added and fixed to the current version of this series and there is already enough drama right now then the need to rush into another version. Nope, Nope.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    yes
    The Sims 4 has been tainted by "hate" since release date. I know why. It's fine. It's been a rough ride. It's time for a new version so I can create my TS5 happy bubble. I will not be part of that forum section. I will not watch YT or participate in anything about TS5. This way I can happily play the new version in my bubble and only go through official channels for information and any questions. I don't want others pointing out the good or the bad. My play style and opinions usually stray from the average player. I really want my TS5 bubble.

When I first played TS4 on release day I was loving the game. Then that evening I made the mistake of coming to this forum. It was like a plane crash and everything was on fire. The fire never went out and at times it's even more out of control and then just as the fire is almost out it flares back to a huge fire.

Right now when I play TS4 it's hard to ignore whispers in my head from that last opinion I read or heard. Or the thing I never noticed now taints my game. I don't want or need any more influence. I learned my lesson. I already have a USA news bubble and it's fine time I create some more for my health. I retired from my job early because of a pandemic and I am ready for bright new future of gaming.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    no
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 has been tainted by "hate" since release date. I know why. It's fine. It's been a rough ride. It's time for a new version so I can create my TS5 happy bubble. I will not be part of that forum section. I will not watch YT or participate in anything about TS5. This way I can happily play the new version in my bubble and only go through official channels for information and any questions. I don't want others pointing out the good or the bad. My play style and opinions usually stray from the average player. I really want my TS5 bubble.

When I first played TS4 on release day I was loving the game. Then that evening I made the mistake of coming to this forum. It was like a plane crash and everything was on fire. The fire never went out and at times it's even more out of control and then just as the fire is almost out it flares back to a huge fire.

Right now when I play TS4 it's hard to ignore whispers in my head from that last opinion I read or heard. Or the thing I never noticed now taints my game. I don't want or need any more influence. I learned my lesson. I already have a USA news bubble and it's fine time I create some more for my health. I retired from my job early because of a pandemic and I am ready for bright new future of gaming.

I hope you have a very happy retirement! My niece and nephew in law have done that too.

I feel like you that I really shouldn't have come back to the forum at the start of Sims 4 in 2014. I got mesmerised into reading everything and answering back and haven't got rid of the habit.

You are going to have to exercise great restraint not to do the same with any Sims 5. I wish you luck with it! :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    yes
    Yeah, this game has been a mess and mediocre for too long. They got away with it for 6 years but now that Twitter is what it is today with people draging TS4 (in total rights) and questioning this very low quality game that can't be saved anymore, they don't know how to act. Everything is disappointment upon disappointment.
    Lu4ERme.gif