Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires pack - on the fence

So, I've been wondering if I should grab the Vamp pack on sale, but despite watching several review vids, I still have a few questions.

I play realistically, but I like the dark world of Forgotten Hollow. I might also like the vampire features in a separate save, but not as part of my main game. I do play a complex community including old nobility, so a vampire-ish family would not be wrong, I just don't want to focus on the vamp features as in game play. Besides, I play rotationally and don't want to see my vampires burn to death as they show up as NPCs.

So...

1. Would you say the pack is worth 50% off for mainly the world and some of the BB&CAS?

2. If I have no vampires living in any house, would there still be game generated NPC vamps?

3. Will the CAS face details be available only to vampire sims?

4. Can garlic be used for anything but keeping vampires away?

5. Can vampire stop being a vampire, and if so, will s/he keep those perks earned?

6. Do vampires live forever? If so, the family photo wall might be kinda limited as they hardly need to reproduce... Or does it vary, or can it be activated/deactivated like a perk?

7. Are any features restricted to the Forgotten Hollow world?

Anything else I should know?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    1. Would you say the pack is worth 50% off for mainly the world and some of the BB&CAS?

Yes the Victorian Cas is good. No I'm not crazy about the world personally. It's small and I personally do not like the design. You can see a good view on youtube or google images to see if you would like it. It's my least used world. Worth 50%off? Definitely!

2. If I have no vampires living in any house, would there still be game generated NPC vamps?

Maybe someone else has a different experience but I have no had that problem. Only vamps I see speed running by are the ones I made and put around.

No. Vamps only. But there is a mod to allow it if you use mods.

4. Can garlic be used for anything but keeping vampires away? I guess you could eat it?😅😅😅

5. Can vampire stop being a vampire, and if so, will s/he keep those perks earned?

Yea you can turn human again either through a long process of making a cure or cheats. You will not keep the perks sadly.

6. Do vampires live forever? If so, the family photo wall might be kinda limited as they hardly need to reproduce... Or does it vary, or can it be activated/deactivated like a perk?

Uhhhhhh good question. Someone can answer this since I only play with eternal life for all sims and no one ever dies or gives birth. But if my memory serves me correctly they just have a longer life span than humans

Yes. Night time lasts longer in forgotten hallow but I think that's it.

8.Anything else I should know?

It's an AESOME pack. Just my personal opinion but as a realistic and fantasy player I don't think vampires are intrusive at all. It's to a point where I co exist with them and wouldn't even know who was a vampire if they didn't hiss occasionally or speed run past my screen. And like I said it has been my vampires only. Maybe someone else has a different experience.
    If you do get it I think you will enjoy it.
    I don't know many people who don't like this pack 🤭definitely the best done occult we have.
    I love how you can make them as weak or as powerful as you want with the perks. And nice variety of powers
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    @Simmerville

Yes, 100%. The world is cool, but the cas/bb is incredible and I would heartily recommend, especially on sale.

I think so, but as I always leave the premades in I'm not sure.

No, other occults can access them as well.

Yes - like with all plants you can make money from gardening it, and it also is used in most of the drinks and recipes that come with the pack.

Yes vampires are curable, no they will not keep their perks.

Yes, vamps live forever - once they reach young adult they stop aging (but can still be aged up with the cake, like any other sim). As a compensator, they're pretty easy to kill.

Not really - the plants from the pack exclusively spawn there, and the day/night cycle is different, but asides from that no.

Anything else I should know?
    It's the best pack for the Sims 4, if you like occults at least. Vampires are super fun to play, and they have a weakness system that makes it so that there's actual fun challenge to the gameplay. And an update a few months ago made it so that you can turn off vampire attacks for certain households, which nullifies the main aspect of the pack that people didn't like.
    banner.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Since your main questions are already answered, I'll just put in the 'Anything else'...

I bought the vampire pack on release and only had a brief play of vampires to satisfy my curiosity. I am not a big vamp fan, so I don't play them any more. But I do leave the pre-made vampires in the world, as well as the vampire couple I created to play with originally. They do knock on my sim's doors from time to time, but I don't have to let them in if I don't want to (you can set your doors to exclude vampires). I don't find them intrusive at all.

I play rotationally so I may well go back to playing a few of them eventually. I have a sim who is friends with one of the vampires, when she visits she turns into a bat to go home :D

The BB stuff is awesome and I use it a lot.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think most questions have been answered, so I will just share my thoughts. Vampires is my favourite pack and I highly recommend it. I admit I am biased though since I have always loved vampires. TS4 vampires are so well done too and very versatile and fun to play, but easy enough to avoid if you want to in my experience. I also think the pack is worth it for the world and CAS/BB items alone, particularly if you like Victorian gothic style. Forgotten Hollow is small but eerily beautiful, and there are lots of really nice CAS/BB items. If you feel it will add something fun to your game, I say go for it!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited October 2020
    Thanks @Babykittyjade @SquirrelTail15 @elanorbreton I'm convinced and am already planning to add the pack :) I have a few stories ready that will connect some of my nobility families with Forgotten Hollow. And just for fun, I might try to have a galic farmer with tough produce delivery claims being turned into a vamp. Wonder if a vamp can grow garlic... might be a fun challenge.

More input re misc stuff that might be good to know is welcome, I'll keep reading this thread.
    I have a sim who is friends with one of the vampires, when she visits she turns into a bat to go home :D

Haha! Sounds cool in a weird way ;)
    Thanks @annaliese39 , almost missed your post there :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    You shouldn’t be on a fence! They’re usually made of wooden stakes! :lol:

Totally worth it if you like Victorian architecture.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Few more Qs:

What is the difference between eating a plasma fruit and a plasma pack? Why bothering with making the pack from frogs if it's quicker eating fruit directly?

If I build a community lot in Forgotten Hollow, will my sims from all over the worlds stop by? Was thinking of a retail store specializing on plasma drinks and plasma fruits etc, but it will look quite dumb if normal residents from San Myshuno or Brindleton Bay stop by to shop...
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think there's some misinformation here in regard to vampire perks. Someone correct me if I am wrong since my game is heavily modded, but while your vampire does lose the perks if they are cured, they DO get back the spent perk points if they are turned again. You could easily just re-purchase all of the perks you lost once you turn back.

@Simmerville

I don't know the answer to your first question since I usually make my Sims drink from other Sims, but your second question, I think is yes. Mortal Sims, for me at least, have appeared in Forgotten Hollow multiple times.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Few more Qs:

What is the difference between eating a plasma fruit and a plasma pack? Why bothering with making the pack from frogs if it's quicker eating fruit directly?

If I build a community lot in Forgotten Hollow, will my sims from all over the worlds stop by? Was thinking of a retail store specializing on plasma drinks and plasma fruits etc, but it will look quite dumb if normal residents from San Myshuno or Brindleton Bay stop by to shop...

1. Plasma fruit will only fill their hunger a little bit. Just from memory, I think they need to eat about 5 or 6 fruits in a row to get full, where a pack will take them just a little under full. It's very hard to completely satisfy them with just fruits and packs, they much prefer to get the real stuff! but it can be fun to play a vamp that refuses to drink from a sim. The frog thing is just a nice little extra gameplay bit - imagine your vamp out in a pond trying to catch frogs, then breeding them. Gives a purpose to all the extra frogs you accumulate rather than selling them. Just don't do it in the sun! I killed off Vlad about four times because I could never get him back to his home in time! (and there's some sun options via potions, and perks too.)

2. I have an Arts Centre and a Museum in Forgotten Hollow, and yes sims from all the other worlds turn up at them.

The pack also brings the Organ skill, which is a nice touch if you want to add a church somewhere for your regular sims, I also have one in my Medieval style museum, and sims like to play on it autonomously. I have a Church and graveyard in Forgotten Hollow.

If you grow garlic and have high enough handiness skill you can also make garlic wreaths and a garland - string of garlic you can use as decor in your kitchen (?). And I think there's also some recipes that will use garlic, like Garlic Noodles in the Gourmet Cooking. Speaking of recipes, they also added some potions on the bar, so give your Vamp a bar, and there's a few recipes they can cook too using the fruits they grow.

I bought my Vampires half price about a year ago. It's the first time for me playing vamps (been playing sims games for 18 years), and I'm impressed with the thought and options they bring. I did notice the game was spawning a few vamp mixologists, waiters etc, but I have a mod for that now, so don't know if that's still a thing or not. Anyway, it was something fun and new and different for me, and now I play with all the supes and enjoy a bit more of the "darker" side. I think you'll enjoy a lot of the stuff that comes with the pack, but give the vamp bit a go too, it's quite in-depth and you might start to enjoy that type of play. Have fun.
    Thanks to latest comments. I got the pack last night, now busy with lots of planning and you-know-what. Always make background stories - and it was very fun and different making them for a few vampires ;)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    If you like vampire stories and situations you would have loved this pack. They were the best vampires of all the series. However, it's my understanding that many of the things that people loved still remain broken. I would wait to see if they ever fix the pack but you have already gotten it by the time I saw this. I know some things are still broken from three years ago. I hope you won't be disappointed with what is broken.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Vampire pack is about VAMPIRES, everything else is a nice addition. If you don't plan on playing vampires (Which you 100% should) - this is not for you. With that said...for 50% off I will say perhaps.

Yes.

Vampire CAS details are for vampires only.

Of course. It is a vegetable and therefore counts for "Any vegetable" requirement.

Vampires can be cured, but it is a bit bugged. Basically, first you want to make sure they are a clean slate in terms of their perks and weaknesses.

Vampires are undead and therefore immortal. This is not Sims 3.

Plants can be grown anywhere and in case of one specific plant - at any season. Vampires can live anywhere. Nothing stops you from having a vampire pack themed house in, say, Willow Creek.

Anything else I should know? Do you want the occult that is actually well made, that comes with downsides AND offers different play style? Vampires are for you. Do you want only items? Reconsider. There are CCs for that and some do not require vampire pack. With that said I do STRONGLY recommend it. Give vampires a chance. 100% best occult EAxis made for Sims 4.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think the pack is decent, not the best not the worst. If you're not into vampires its a bit pointless to be honest, if you really like the goth house you might get use of the build buy but otherwise probably not
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I love the pack, not only does it add all the stuff everyone else has said, it also makes it easier to have cemetaries/funeral homes. Youll end up using the pack in places youd never expect, the items really come in handy and the gameplay feels fully fleshed out. The world feels like it has a history and thats something very lacking in other sims worlds.