Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use Mods? (Mods, no CC)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yes
    I add a lot more realism to my game. University takes 5 sim weeks, 20 credits, and is WAY more expensive (about $50-70k in loan debt at the end). I have a bank account with direct deposit, my sims go grocery shopping, food takes a lot more ingredients to make (like Mac n' cheese actually takes pasta, milk, and cheese).

Without mods, I'm too bored and unchallenged.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    Yes
    The game is unplayable without mods.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    No
    like every console player, nope, I can't.
    Would if I could though.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    No
    The sims forums are so preoccupied with mods, it’s puzzling. The game is still in development, and the ones who manage the bug forum say that too few click Me Too on the bug reports; never come back to answer questions; and don’t share saves enough. I think it's odd to first look for a fix for an issue that could still be fixed in the game proper; and EA never stops producing new packs adding new gameplay.

The game is what it is, but I knew that when I bought the base game; and I have trouble understanding why anyone would have an illusion that such a large game company, with the production and behaviour history they have got, to produce a properly interesting game for a more mature, older, audience. I really appreciate a lot of features in the game, especially building, but if I wanted substance I would not have bought it in the first place. And so I do not need to compensate for any way the game is lacking, and if I'm bored, I think it is time to read a book instead to have some proper stimulation.

Also, I find it pushy, the way mods are peddled here, and have this bad trait of instantly reacting with antipathy when too encouraged; wanting to do the opposite.

Other games, when out of development, with less features soon discovered, are more easy to add mods to; with the sims games I just never experience all that is offered in game.

I do not have the need to add mods to TS3, even if some seem very interesting for added story and gameplay; so I think I won't need any for TS4 either, when it is done updated. If I did, I think those that fix smaller annoyances would be my choice, like turning off that mobile phone.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    I use a few small mods, maybe around 15... my most needed one is the university less/more credits.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Yes
    I use mods to temporarily fix issues in the game and I take them out as soon as the issues are corrected by the Sims team. So once they fix the freelancer career, I'll take out the freelancer fix mod, etc.

I would like this mod could you please provide a link? Thank you.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Heavens, yes. At first it was to add new features or tools to the game (MCC Command Center, for instance), but these days we depend on modders to fix the patches. :D
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Somewhat
    Haven't really gotten into too much outside of Meaningful Stories and that's because I wanted the emotions to actually felt like they mattered.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Somewhat
    I only used the mod to add/remove hidden lot traits and items for apartments. I removed the mod after it was done.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Yes
    Only one. UI Cheats for needs as I sometimes get do engrossed in my game that I don't want to focus on mundane things such as sleeping, hygiene, and bathroom breaks.

I could do with a mod for this in real life 😂
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No
    Only Sims 4.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes
    MCComander, couldn't do without it. I have a lot of stuff for building, and stuff to make the sims look better so they don't all look the same.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Somewhat
    Just MCCC.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Just because......
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Somewhat
    I have a couple minor mods, like brittpinkiesims's prom, but I'm not sure it even works anymore, as I generally forget to turn mods and cc back on after updates, and end up playing without them. I don't even know what other mods I have. There's an automatic thermostat! I love that thing. I try to keep it minimal, since I mostly build anyway.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    InessaMaximovaInessaMaximova Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes
    I am more of a hard-worker than cheater, but I use some minor mods.
    LittleMissSam's auto thermostat for Seasons (saves lives I swear)
    Merta/Marticore's Polish names (because I am from Poland and the diversity of in-game names is... meh, and can't play TS4 in English)
    KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life (I threw out personality system because I think enneagram is crap and it's impossible to label eight billion people in sixteen labels, let alone sims), but I think drunk system is broken, like, getting drunk after one drink? WTH?
    I think I also planned to download "Go for walk" mod and "Rollerskate everywhere" mod, but somehow never downloaded them.
    Surprisingly I don't use MCCC for few reasons. 1. Polish translation seems horrendously wooden and I wasn't able to change language, 2. It's mostly a cheat console and I avoid cheats at all costs, I use them unless forced to, 3. Haven't found any options that would work with my style of gameplay.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I should probably go back through my mods folder and see if I still need everything in there, honestly.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    MCCC, UI Cheats, Meaningful Stories and some smaller mods like one that keeps the game from overgenerating CL and IL names (and now JtB), LMS' Auto Employees so my parks get people to work the food stalls, and some others I can't think of right now. While I wait for my two key mods to be updated (MCCC and UI Cheats; both usually get the updates done really quickly), I work on building or Sims creation depending if there's new CAS, or I'll play my test save to try out new features.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    I only use MCCC, I find it impossible to play without it, I get so frustrated.
    I have MCCC, but use it solely to stop my sims from losing their relationships whilst I rotate away for weeks on end, as it takes me a loooong, looooooong time to go all the way around all of my households.

Do you play with aging on? Or just the household you're playing at the time?

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No
    I used to use CC but got tired of it breaking with updates. I've never used Mods, but I have been thinking of trying MCCC.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes
    Yes, loads. The game just isnt playable or enjoyable without them.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Yes
    So many. One of the main issues I don't have that many complaints with the game is if something breaks, I can get a mod to fix it, generally!
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Somewhat
    I have tried a few mods but I've either uninstalled them or not reinstalled when I changed computers. I guess I've never found a mod that I wanted to keep.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I have some.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums