Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 complete collection is currently $750, is it worth the price?

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I always did the "build a bundle" thing, you can save a ton of money going that route
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    There's literally no reason to have everything.

Of course there is. I love the game and want it all. Not because of some completionist compulsion but because I actually enjoy playing. Just like I have everything from 1, 2, 3, TS2 store, and TS3 store.

I suppose if you genuinely have interest in every single pack its cool, but I feel like 99% of people aren't gonna be interested in every pack.

A lot of people just buy every single thing on release at full price even if it doesn't interest them and then complain about how much money they're spending, which is pretty stupid when they're the one that made the choice to spend that money on stuff they dont want. That'd be like me spending my life savings on a helicopter which I won't ever use and then moaning to the helicopter company about how much money I wasted. It's like if you do that you're the one that made the decision to waste that money, not the company, so there's only one person you can blame for that.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    No
    I can't believe people actually vote yes. They should play Star Citizen.

No game is worth that, especially for the content provided. We're 6 years past and the game doesn't feel anywhere near polished. That's over 100 quids every year, they basically managed to turn their solo offline game into the fabled live service they dreamt about, without having to provide the regular updates expected of an online game. Wow.

I too spend too many hours in The Sims 4 but it has never been worth *that* much. Maybe 300 tops, with the time it's been out. That's how much I'd pay for a game with many many DLCs, à la Paradox Interactive.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Yes
    For many of us, as others have said, the 750 is spread over years. If I just now discovered Sims - for obvious financial reasons, I would not just out of the blue buy the whole set. That's nothing to do with the quality of the content. If I didn't know Sims 4 existed and I started out fresh - I'd for sure buy base game, get to work, vampires, realm of magic and island living all in the first month. Then I'd wait for sales and things. I'd likely have the Star Wars pack pretty early just because so many people were triggered over it.

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    No
    I don’t even play with all of the DLC I own installed. I have Vampires and Discover University disabled because, although they’re very popular packs (hence why I got them), they made my game less fun and more anxiety-inducing.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    happyopi wrote: »

What’s that got to do with anything? 😂
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    You didn't put any "other" option so for me yes. If you've been here from the beginning and are excited about each pack as they came out, that's what you paid for the entertainment. If you were entertained .. as I have been, the price is worth it. Although I haven't paid full price for every pack either.
    If you weren't entertained and kept buying at full price all along.. umm you might need to rethink your priorities. Of course it's not worth it unless you make big bucks blasting a product on you tube or something.

If you started out later you can get the base game free or at a low cost at times .. you can get bundles.. there are oodles of half off sales. Frankly the newer simmer has it made price wise if they can shop by sales. No way are they paying that much unless they impulse buy or just have extra money to blow.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    When you think of it that way it is a bit shocking. But I think of it as I’ve gotten SO many hours of entertainment (literally like 1500 hours) so for me it’s worth it. For someone who doesn’t play often I could see why they’d want to use that money for something else.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No
    I'd rather spend the money on chocolate.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    No
    I said no, due to not enough ram on laptop. I think the sims3 is probably worth it in years to come.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    No

Well Star Citizen is another game that's failed to live up to its promise and can be staggeringly expensive. You can buy virtual spaceshipss that don't work properly and may never work properly for thousands of dollars.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    i'm lowkey glad that most of ts4 packs are shallow and unnecessary, makes not wanting to buy them lol.
    nonetheless they still make a lot of cash and i don't see any of it being invested into the game, at least not as much as it needs.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    I voted yes because the cost is spread over the years and also because I got most packs in a sale and some as gifts or giveaway prizes. I have counted my entertainment per hour cost earlier and it's a really low number. I don't own a full collection though, missing Nifty Knitting and Journey to Batuu.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Yes
    It's a hobby and hobbies can be expensive. I got almost every pack and I've enjoyed all of them and think it was money well spent. Sure it's been a bumpy ride, bugs, missing toddlers etc, but it's been a enjoyable ride nonetheless. If you're gonna count all the packs into one big sum then of course it's gonna be expensive. I've probably spend thousands on movies on other games as well.

And there's plenty of games that is even more expensive than The Sims 4.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Yes
    Yes I love the Sims. The entire franchise. Sims has literally saved my life. Depression and other things I won't go into here but because I could turn on Ts3 or ts2 and now ts4 I can ease my anxiety, I can get through dark days when I play with my families.

More than that The Sims is a hobby ppl spend a lot more than $750 on hobbies over time. Why wouldn't a hobby you love so much not be worth what you're willing to pay for? I got S4 in 2016 with all DLC at the time for $100 on a super sale in November when CL came out. I have since gotten the entire collection buying all except a couple of the GPs when they launched, but eventually got on sale. So because I create stories, magazines, websites, story groups based on Sims I will do all that I want to support my hobby because I love The Sims. It's worth every single penny. Most def.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Yes and no! Is it worth that amount... Yes! I easily get that amount of game play out of it. It's by far my favorite of the series and I enjoy it a lot and will continue enjoying it for years to come. But no because it's on sale all the time and easy to get for much less than that so not really worth spending that amount on something if you don't need to.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Yes

Did that game ever come out? I stopped following it years ago and stopped supporting crowd funded games because of it.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Well Star Citizen is another game that's failed to live up to its promise and can be staggeringly expensive. You can buy virtual spaceshipss that don't work properly and may never work properly for thousands of dollars.

Sure. In other words:

!!BEEP!! “I can’t believe you all voted WRONG! Yes, you, you and you! You must be out of your mind! Don’t pay that for what you enjoy. Pay way more for a 10 year old, unfinished crowd funder of a completely different genre that you most likely won’t enjoy. Because let’s be honest, you’re that stupid.”

Conclusion~

Yes Voters who truly enjoy playing the Sims 4 must come to realize that they’ve been playing the wrong game all along. Why? Because it makes sense.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes
    The more I play it, the more I see elements of SimCity4 in it, especially since Eco Lifestyle. Just fill all the worlds, go to your limit of Sims or more, give them long lives, play on Rotation, make Seasons long and the more you do the more interesting it gets. Just give your Sims jobs, large families and you'll get less NPCs (except essential ones) walking around. I expect that is the reason for the small worlds in the first place.

You'll find the young ones growing up, becoming elders and then ghosts without playing them. It's another way of building a family tree if you edit the last one living to give them a new young family to fill the gaps.

It's not really a game for just one family to get through life on their own. These Sims need neighbours.

I'm having a lot of enjoyment out of one of my Saves just seeing what's been going on there.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    No
    It really depends how much you play it though to determine if it's worth it or not. It's not worth it for me.

Watered down content should have watered down prices, but that's just my opinion. I've only paid full price for 2 game packs and one EP and I feel like that was more fair for me. I only regret that I did pay full price for ROM, I should have waited for a sale on that one, but the other two (full priced) packs I feel happy with. I play the game a lot, despite it's flaws I still get a lot of fun out of it, but I'd struggle I think if I'd paid full price for everything this whole time. I'd be a lot angrier about the bugs too. At this point it seems like there's sales every few weeks anyway so you might as well save your money and wait for a sale, especially on the older packs.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    If things worked as they should then I would say yes it's definitely worth it but since the game is full of unfixed bugs and issues I'm going to say no at this present time. It's got to the point where the game has so many issues that I don't enjoy playing it anymore. This wasn't always the case for me, I used to enjoy it a lot. If I can't enjoy playing because of the unfixed issues then I consider it no longer worth the price I paid.

When packs come with broken features that don't get fixed that is an issue for me.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Yes
    I'll have to say as a fan of the sims since Sims 1, I never got most of the DLCs because I was broke. 20 years later and I have the money, so I've spent it and have all the packs.

The reason this is worth it for me is the added gameplay with each pack--especially with the EP's. Also, when I download amazing lots, I get the real deal--not a smattering of replacements like happened to me in Sims 3.

If there is a Sims 5 though, I'll wait with each pack to go on sale.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No
    Lately there hasn't been anything I wanted.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes
    I play this version as much as I did with sims 1&3 it’s one of my very few hobbies and even though it’s not perfect for me it has been worth every penny.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    No
    Sure. In other words:

!!BEEP!! “I can’t believe you all voted WRONG! Yes, you, you and you! You must be out of your mind! Don’t pay that for what you enjoy. Pay way more for a 10 year old, unfinished crowd funder of a completely different genre that you most likely won’t enjoy. Because let’s be honest, you’re that stupid.”

Conclusion~

Yes Voters who truly enjoy playing the Sims 4 must come to realize that they’ve been playing the wrong game all along. Why? Because it makes sense.
    Ah yes exactly what I said... not.

Inability to evaluate the actual worth of something someone's trying to sell you is not a cute personality trait, but at least capitalism loves you.
    You do you buddy.