Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you share your sims with the world?

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    No, but I'd like to in the future
    I like to share my Sims on the Gallery and it makes me happy if people use them. I always use the builds of other people because I can't build myself and I'm very grateful for those who share their work, so I imagine there are players who don't like to spend the time to create Sims or find CAS too complicated and just want to download the Sims of others.

I'd kind of like to share some of my favorite Sims more on the Forums or somewhere too because sometimes I spend hours working on a concept to get it the way I want, and I tend to create stories behind them that I can't really express on the Gallery. I just wish we could upload directly to the Forums so it was easier.

I think I just like to share and talk about Sims stuff in general, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Other (Explain in comments)
    Sometimes I will but it’s very rare. I will usually share them with my friends.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Yes, I used to but not anymore
    Back in 2013/2014 when I was ... 13/14 , I had a sims youtube channel that got semi popular, (very small still.) I went by Arabella. Looking back I am so embarrassed about what a dumb kid I was. I really shouldn't have had a youtube channel at that age, especially not with a 10k audience. I cringe every time I think about it honestly. I quit due to my mental health issues which were only made worse by having such a public online presence as a young teen ... I am basically invisible on the internet now.

Now I play for me and only me. I mean, I've tried to come back a few times till I noped out a week later from stress, and I've started numerous simblrs that I've later deleted.

I just like my privacy and being able to play for me and only me, without 10 year olds yelling at me for everything I do and the constant hate comments and 5 hours of editing a day and aldmnxkskakfndj I can't even imagine what actual big sim youtubers go through because it is stressful, even though it was fun to share my stories.

But just as a humble-brag, I actually got to livestream with Lifesimmer once which is honestly to this day the closest I've gotten to talking to a celebrity, it was pretty great even though we were talking about YT drama in the stream YIKES. Honestly if I kept going I had a possibility of becoming a game changer as an adult, but I'm too much of an anxious mess for that.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Yes, I used to. I had a simblr some years ago (actually it still exists). I shared my stories, pictures, and even made CC. But well, now I don't have the time. It's a shame because I really truly enjoyed it.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I I use the sims to develop a story I've been writing for sometime now, but I don't know if I'll ever finish it, So I may share the story actually but not the Sims.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I used to blog about my sims from time to time. I kind of used it as a journal to keep track of my sims' genetics (it's always fun to see how the child look like), so it was more for my personal use. But life became busy and I haven't updated the blog for ages.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I do, but primarily for when I'm promoting my "Morgyn's Drag Race" on youtube. I'm terrible at maintaining a Simblr or a Blogger, though I do use both to share my sims.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    I don't share my sims on the gallery since I use CC, but I do post screenshots every now and then
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Yes, I do
    If by world you mean the gallery, then yes.
    I'm not an interesting enough person to do a gameplay on any of those media platforms, so I would never expand to the "outside" world.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited October 2020
    Not sure which one I picked, but once in a blue moon I will.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I post pics in these forums sometimes and share to gallery but that's it.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    All my sims are in the gallery. I have a couple of stories on YT with 3 other stories that I started recording & planned, but frankly with low viewership, low rankings on YT and the amount of effort it takes to record, edit, and produce a video I just shifted to playing w/o recording. But I am not playing the saves I started recording in case I decide to do it again. I did set up a blog & twitter to support the YT channel.

What is funny is I take a very poor video of a thunderstorm and get more views than a polished produced video - just funny. But it was good to jump start my creative juices.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I have shared some sims I've made to the gallery, shared a little bit of my playtime on my Simblr, but I've not any time to update that anymore. :neutral:
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes, I do
    I have a tumblr where I share what's happening in my game. It's mostly screenshots while I write something about what happened at that point in game, and sometimes I enrich it a bit by adding something of my own. It do it as a way to keep track of what happened ingame and to practice writing in English (it's not my native language).

And I share Sims (made in CAS and born ingame) and builds I made on the gallery too. People that follow my 'story' can download my Sims if they like to have familiar faces (as townies or to play with) in one of their saves. My builds are not really sophisticated, but it's stll nice to see that some of my builds or rooms get downloaded too. :blush:
    Post edited by Sassie on
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes, I do
    I mostly use my gallery to park households I want to keep without cluttering up my library, they don't get a lot of DLs because I'm not as creative as other simmers, but I'm happy to share them anyway.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I used to post regularly in the screenshot thread, but I just don't have time anymore. I will post occasionally if I have time. I do have a few Sims in my gallery. Some of them I've just uploaded for my own safe keeping and some of them were requested to be uploaded. I don't mind sharing :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yes, I do
    I share my sims and my builds on the gallery. (Wallsims4ever if anyone wants to check)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes, I do
    I put them in the gallery, but I don't share stories.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Yes, I do
    I share my households and builds on the gallery (same name as here) and I post my gameplay on my Tumblr blog (for shameless self-promo, click here). :blush:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No, and I don't want to
    I will occasionally post a screenshot on here or Twitter, or use a sim as an avatar on those platforms but that’s about it. I don’t load my sims on the gallery because frankly vanilla sims all kind of look a lot alike, and I don’t personally create any that are so amazingly unique that someone else couldn’t create the same sim or a very close facsimile themselves. In fact I have on occasion scrolled through the gallery and thought “hey, when did I post so and so”? Only to realize it’s someone else’s sim. No, they generally hang out in my library until the right part comes along for them or MCCC casts them as an extra in the background.
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have uploaded sims to the gallery a few times in the past, but I haven't really uploaded sims/households in quite a while. I do share some gameplay photos on my Simblr. I don't share sim download links, however, mostly because I don't yet know how.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I only share them on here or on the Sims 4 gallery. The gallery is a great place to share and find what you need.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I share certain interning SIMs but I Usually prefer to upload builds and download SIMs.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I don't share my sims, but mainly only because I use CC and I don't want to worry about listing everything I used to create them. I also use a lot of custom traits and aspirations and I understand that not many people want to download sims that need additional content. If I didn't use cc an custom traits I would definitely shared them in gallery.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I don't for 2 reasons, I only upload no cc lots to the Gallery once in awhile. It's very gratifying to have someone appreciate your work so much as to dl it. All of my builds, normally, and sims are loaded with cc...that's the way I prefer. I don't do it very much these days. I do not do social media of any kind, much too toxic nowadays.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.