Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

Hehe, now I'm curious as to who
    he is a lookalike.

@Jase

More great older sims.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited October 2020
    @emorrill: Hello

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@rubyskywalker: Hello

@CravenLestat: Awesome male sims

@Turjan: Hello

@Nikkei_Simmer: Hello

@Emily4331: Hello

@king_of_simcity7: Hello

@Sharonia: Hello

@HillyBeth: Hello

@Karritz: Hello

@Mikezumi: Hello

@lisasc360: Hello

@PalmArrow: Hello

@MamaSimTee: Hello

@coco: Hello

@Brandontaylor: Hello

@RedDestiny92: Hello

@bekkasan: Great chapter. Where did you find the cute beds?

@all: Thanks for letting me read your stories/videos/pictures. :)
    :) Smile!

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Snowflake Surprise

Damien was up late decorating the house to celebrate Snowflake day. He rummaged in the storage room over the garage and found the boxes that came with him from Riverview. Four of the ghosts were drafted to help him. Jamie also helped once he arrived home from his ghost-hunting job. Betty kept an eye on Mary to make sure she stayed asleep and didn't come down while they were putting out the decorations. Damien wanted to surprise her. They finished in record time with all of them working and were able to get a few hours of sleep. Damien dressed in a holiday sweater for the day and went downstairs to prepare a nice breakfast for everyone. Flipping pancakes is his favorite part of cooking other than eating them of course. He whistles and hums holiday songs as he fixes the meal.
    50445296423_45e705c9de_b.jpg
    50445988216_e03c158ee8_b.jpg

Jamie comes downstairs looking pretty fine in a winter sweater. "Happy Snowflake Day! It looks great Damien! Very festive."
    Damien walks over to light the fire. He says a silent prayer to the Fates, 'no fires today please'.
    "Happy Snowflake Day to you as well! Thanks so much for helping. We got it done pretty fast working together."
    50445987661_1250ae2fd7_b.jpg
    50445295693_8a266a67c5_b.jpg

Mary, hearing Jamie and Damien talking floated downstairs. She stopped and stared in wonder at the huge festive tree in the room with gaily wrapped gifts tucked around the tree and the lights twinkling in the foliage.
    "It's beautiful! When did you guys do this? You must have been up all night."
    Damien smiled at her. "It was a team effort and it didn't take long with all of us working together. We wanted to surprise you."
    "I am surprised and amazed and love it. Thank you so much! I remember the excitement and joy of Snowflake day celebrations as a little girl. This brings back many wonderful memories. Thank you so much, Damien and Jamie."
    50445295538_2e335ee34d_b.jpg
    50445987316_ea62eb1ec8_b.jpg

Damien had found a few mismatched chairs in the storage room as well as a table. He cleaned them up, and they now had a place for all three to sit and eat at one time. They enjoyed the pancakes and talked about their favorite Snowflake day memories from their childhood while they ate. He asked Mary to invite Emmaline and anyone else she wanted to a gift-giving party that is to start at 1 pm. He has already invited the house ghosts to be present for the party. The three of them play a few rounds of dominoes which they all remember enjoying with their families on Snowflake Day's in the past.
    50446170167_b8479b3d6d_b.jpg
    50445295313_5af349b357_b.jpg

Emmaline arrives on time for the party. She thanks Mary for the invitation, and Mary introduces her to Damien. They chat about Mary and Emmaline thanks Damien for trying to assist Mary.
    "It is my pleasure to help Mary," Damien replies.
    Emmaline, who has the gift of sight stares into Damien's eyes. She nods apparently satisfied with what she observes.
    She cryptically informs him, "You must maintain the faith, keep your mind open and follow your heart."
    She blinks and tells him she must leave for work, despite it being Snowflake Day. She hands him a card. "Mary told me you required some help renovating the house. Rebecca is not frightened of ghosts or any other occult. Rebecca is a talented builder and artist and would do wonders on this house."
    Damien thanks her for coming and asks her to visit Mary anytime. "She needs her friends and considers you a true friend. Emmaline agrees and goes over to say goodbye to Mary.
    Damien looks at the card. Rebecca Renovates. No job too small or too big. Fully licensed for all your construction needs. He tucks it into his pocket to call after the holiday.
    The house ghosts arrive, and the party is in full swing.
    50445294763_622031cd25_b.jpg
    50445294723_768937b58a_b.jpg

In a short while, it is time to open the gifts. All the gifts were very thoughtful. Everyone enjoyed the laughter and fun of guessing what was inside and opening the packages. Damien had set out a few snack platters and those were soon emptied by the eager guests. Jamie winked at Damien and told the ghosts he was taking them to the festival for the rest of the day. Jamie wanted to give Damien and Mary some time alone.
    Betty set her hands on her hips. "You know we can't leave the lot."
    "You can if I take your gnomes with us." He and Damien hauled the gnomes to the truck that he borrowed. The ghosts followed and settled in the truck on each other's laps and in the bed of the truck.
    They arrived at the festival lot and scattered to enjoy their favorite winter activities.
    50445986006_a7807fcbaa_b.jpg
    50445293958_c10c9cb972_b.jpg
    50445293898_26afc871e3_b.jpg
    50446168447_4afa3c6126_b.jpg
    50445985381_7ec771cd57_b.jpg
    50446167962_d57fd22db2_b.jpg
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    Well, today Josie had been thinking on her friend group as well as her boyfriend. Josie has few friends by choice, but the ones she had were Jessi Bannister and Asher Dunes, who she met and had an instant attraction to, which was interesting to say the least. Her boyfriend, Timothy Landgraab, well she's had good times with him, but lately she's been feeling distant from both him and Jessi. It's like Jessi never wants to stick around to chat long, and Timothy and her felt off. Eventually, Jessi and her became distant friends.
    Screenshot-188.jpg
    Meanwhile, Asher has been sending Josie letters, declaring feelings for her and wishing she'd give him a chance. She went on an outing with him and it was incredibly fun. They clicked easily, leaving Josie conflicted.
    Screenshot-159.jpg
    Deciding that maybe it was best for a split, Josie invites Timothy out to the park. (I hadn't realized it was the one they went on their first date at the ice skating rink until I got there :o ). Timothy tells Josie he was having a bad day, which was sad considering the circumstances of the outing. But when Josie tried to console him, he lashed out at her.
    Screenshot-248.jpg
    Screenshot-249.jpg
    Screenshot-250.jpg
    Screenshot-251.jpg

Their relationship was already suffering, from him having bailed on their date before, and not showing up another time, now lashing out and not conversing really. So Josie ended their relationship there. Since, she's gone out with Asher, again finding them easily clicking. The two are now dating.
    Screenshot-267.jpg
    Screenshot-276.jpg
    Screenshot-277.jpg

As for Jessi, she tried once more to keep the bond they'd made, as she was the first friend she had in Oasis Landing...but it was like something between them just wasn't vibing.
    Screenshot-180.jpg

Interestingly enough, she meets a man named Gregor Planeson (which made me chuckle, because I just knew he was a parody of George Jetson from The Jetsons :D), and finds out he has a daughter named Judith. The funny part is, Josie met this girl a bit ago, but could never find her again. Sparking a conversation, the two became fast good friends.
    Screenshot-292.jpg
    Screenshot-293.jpg

Josie also got promoted in her self-employed career as a Bot Builder. She's nearly at the top at her young age. Her ultimate goal is to create a humanoid android with full sentience. Lastly, Josie managed to make enough funds from her job to build her own home just near the Wasteland of Oasis Landing. She lives there with her bot Rosie II and her three pets: a Spotted Sixam named Hedwig, an Iridescent Shieldtail Snake named Salazar and an Ancient Dragon called Rhaegal.
    Screenshot-239.jpg
    Screenshot-201.jpg
    Screenshot-254.jpg
    Screenshot-232.jpg

PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @CravenLestat OMG Thank you. I wish I had known. How can I move them to a new save without losing anything? It's a family I've been working on for a while and don't wanna go back a few saves and have to replay everything. @igazor ?

Hi. I'm not sure what @CravenLestat or @igazor will tell you but I move my sims around to new games occasionally. For example my household for the Isla Paraidso Bunch videos has just been moved to a new save. The old one was so corrupted it has been unplayable for over a year now but I finally bit the bullet and moved them.

First I tried to send them to a new town. That didn't help at all and I lost connections to some sims and the game was almost as bad with crashing and error 12 as previously.

The way I have done it with other households in the past was to save the household, or the household with house, to the library and start a new game and place them in it but this loses all the relationships they had with other households.

So to keep the relationships I use NRAAS Porter mod. I pack all of the sims from the town into a single library file. The trick is you have to have ALL connecting sims to maintain family trees. So if sims have died and they are the connection with other related households you must take their tombstone. Their ghost must be one of the sims you are packing into the Porter mod file.

One of the sims from each household gets the entire household inventory for their household stashed in their personal inventory. I find this is usually a pet or toddler if one is available. Probably because the mod might assume those sims are less likely to have a lot already stored in their personal inventories.

When you get them to their new world the mod will unpack each household into a different empty house in the new world - if empty houses are available. I find they don't necessarily end up in appropriate houses. A family of 8 often ends up in a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom house and a single sim can end up in a multi bedroom/bathroom mansion. So it takes a bit of work to move them all around into appropriate housing.

Getting things out of the personal inventory of the sim that has had all the stuff for their household stored in their personal inventory can be tricky. But if you have Master Controller there is an menu option for Master Controller that allows you to Transfer To and Transfer From. With the sim with the household inventory in their personal inventory as the active sim, click on the roof of the house (or a wall if the roof doesn't give you the menu option you need) and choose Transfer To. That will pop up a list of items in that sim's inventory and you choose which ones you want transferred to the new household inventory.

Sometimes things get messed up and I find high school diplomas and imaginary friends for example can all end up in one household. Since I like to play with IFs I get my sims who are missing their Imaginary Friend dolls to click on the roof of the house with extra dolls in their household inventory and choose the Master Controller option to Transfer From. This pops up a list and you pick what you want out of that households household inventory. As for the diplomas. That's another mess. I finally decided to just delete them and use Debug Enabler to give all the sims without a high school diploma a new diploma.

With some games I keep a spreadsheet and I evict sims from their houses and save their house with all contents to the library and keep a list of the house and which household it belongs to. Before I unpack the Porter file I place all of these houses into the new world and keep a note of the address of each house. Then when I unpack the sims I know which house to move them into. I do this because part of my game play is to customise each house for each household and I don't want to lose the progress I've made when I move them to a new world.

That's about it.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Great update as always!
    I like Damien´s pullover, so Christmassish (yepp, it´s no word, but it fits :D )
    Further comment on your story thread!

I don´t do the cliffhangers on purpose! It´s just so that they happen.... :p Somehow.... ;)
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    *waves to @king_of_simcity7 and @Puddinroy * Nice to see you back.

I think I'm going to jump in game today. Not sure what I feel like doing. Build. Start a new save....we shall see.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2020
    @bekkasan Quick question,is all them ghosts just quick created for story or are they all spawns from the ghost gnomes.

And my luck with the spawns it mostly gives me fire death sims too another reason I asked to see if there is a pattern.

Waves @mamasimtee

I finally got your guys halloween sims backstory idea in my head but still making her I want her to be a cutie

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @bekkasan I tried all eyes in game.For some reason they all look like this.I don't know if something got installed that replaced eyes or not,
    but its annoying.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @CravenLestat They are the ones that spawned from all the gnomes. 3 fire, 1 lightning, and the one water. They ended up not showing up anymore after several days of playing. So, I went back to a previous save, saved them all to the library. Instant house ghosts at my beck and call for the story. :grin: They are apparently glitchy as so much stuff is. :smirk:
    I'll be back to playing soon...just trying to find a world.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan I am waiting for the government announcement today to see what happens.

@Puddinroy hello!

@MamaSimTee Thanks for the comment :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It does not take long for Natasha to start poking her nose in. She is simply jealous that Becki has a boyfriend and she does not

PbFMoBo.jpg

Natasha starts telling lies about Becki

G6d7dfY.jpg

Daryl is now paranoid

bpJ968D.jpg

Becky is actually innocent though

PFG5zQb.jpg

Some of the other guys seem to be fighting over Abi

Z1tkKzF.jpg

HeW33uX.jpg

Daryl is still concerned about what Natasha had been telling him

Isc5hfd.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

Lovely Mary update, I love those Christmas sweaters they
    are great and I use them in-game too.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Meet my young fairy Mathieu!

AWqzRqZ.jpg

He moved from Barnacle Bay to Dragon Valley and built a cozy fairy house on a small island.

lYIx6vB.jpg

Mathieu wants to be an alchemist and a farmer.

jscBqa2.jpg

I sailed to the city hall to register himself as an alchemist.

EjmHvNZ.jpg

Then he visited the beautiful beach at sunset.

B0qB3yU.jpg

Will Mathieu find the man of his dreams? And should I create a fairy, a wizard or a werewolf for him?

I love the magic cauldron from the Store! It's the funniest and most beautiful magic item in the game.

D1TVsQE.jpg

Though TS3 Supernatural is a phenomenal pack, it's not complete without the cauldron and the fortune teller's glass bowl from the store. So a little bit of the "My first pet" concept has always been in the Sims ;) .
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    So first hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well given Covid and a second wave on the horizon.

71hAiwu.jpg
    For those who remember the Baxter family, the winter holidays have finally come around again.
    RnjotAz.jpg
    Ryan Baxter has a 2 week holiday until Snowflake Day (as he is a high level lawyer with the Ministry Of Defence), but unfortunately his wife does not. So he gives her a kiss and a hug everyday before she goes.
    fv4NDrX.jpg
    maD2Sv4.jpg
    Wray the youngest (and a Genius) decides to put a prank literally in front of his father in the same room, I'm not quite sure he was thinking. A mild telling off is all he'll get this round, hopefully the warning will suffice.
    tLQofaF.jpg
    FzuVS4h.jpg
    Lauri is very happy, as she's been promoted to head of Sales in a multi-state company.
    58Z8882.jpg
    Lawrence goes and visits his friend Kenisha, I wonder if there's a special something going on?
    S3LFUN3.jpg
    A small visit to his Cousin Kimberly Baxter, her Brother is currently in an exercise as an Army Doctor, but he should be back for Snowflake Day.
    kQKaxZ5.jpg
    BmdL7L5.jpg
    Lauri's work has finally ended, and so they go spend the day snowboarding (about the closest I can get to a ski resort since unfortunately Sims 3 doesn't have them :disappointed: )
    So this part gets pretty ridiculous and is non-cannon in my head.
    fBXcJVA.jpg
    71OACON.jpg
    MzvuqQW.jpg
    So on the evening that they return from their ski Trip (no I'm not kidding) my first meteor happens to land, for some reason my sims couldn't understand my commands to run away from the home, but thankfully no one was killed. On top of that they couldn't understand my commands to run away from the housefire, as I was really scared that they would burn to death. After that connundrum was finished the house then get's burgled(all on the same night). That was an unusual set of coincidences.
    KTlAPjU.jpg
    xdlTfXY.jpg
    VoGKzX1.jpg
    Lawrence then goes to his Prom, as his final exams are on the first day of Spring.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    @bekkasan what a nice party, she easily seemed to develop with them it makes one wonder what would have happened if she never met them, I hope things continue to get better for her.
    @AnnaLoo91 ooh I love all the colors reminds me I need to add some more brightly colored tacky sims to lunar lakes.
    Awesomes out I was doing some random playing before I ended up on the farm again which I'll probably end up back again after work.

3rC9yxt.jpg
    Popped into Aurora Skies to finish setting them up...i think I have too many saves anyhoo Belan wanted to be a detective and she wanted to be in music so we'll see how they do they have a while before they do much considering how broke they are.

Him unsure how to handle a woman that's not afraid of him so has nothing to do with it.... :*
    FUhzHFh.jpg
    Cornelia feels her time is coming, who knows when but she has given Cassie her room and taken the old nursery since hers was bigger.
    DOMIIcH.jpg
    Alex being helpful, he's still just the cutest.
    LvUzBnR.jpg
    Since he had a snow day Mortimer dragged him out to play before work, he'd love to stay home with his family but he wants to do right by them in every way he can.

Cornelia thinks he should start with gloves...next time ha.
    a3nfi6G.jpg
    She also puts up her pain in the backside for adoption no reason for him to be there when she doesn't know when she won't be, Alex seems to really like his middle aunt there. That is they talked for a long time.
    B3S0oek.jpg
    They are just cute together, though I think Cassie is due for a birthday soon Bella would film her every move if she could no more kids for them.
    wQzBOG1.jpg
    I unpaused my game on the farm and Flo decided to play tag in the rain with Imelda for who knows why.
    gTUqQ8t.jpg
    Grandpa gnome had an attitude with the stove.

"Back in my day we ate nothing and we liked it you death machine!"
    xGk0x3O.jpg
    Grandma gnome is an optimist now.

"I see the future...I think, maybe a duck....or a seed on the ground........... well it's pretty whatever it is!"

xjaff42.jpg
    Unfortunately being the youngest Hayden ended up celebrating his birthday without most of the family.
    hrMnXfs.jpg
    At least he has Buddy...oh and his mama I guess :D
    7hlGS1Z.jpg
    With him keeping the nursery that leaves them with one free bedroom unless I have the last two kids share a room that would be the end.
    05HtLAP.jpg
    A close up, say what you will but Florence and Giacomo make lovely kids.
    JdW9DQ2.jpg
    Speaking of I found it was David's birthday too.
    aDPSDgh.jpg
    He's super cute, I'd like him to get with the mayor's daughter but we'll see, he's really only interacted with his family and he likes it that way.
    yZb0aRD.jpg
    Gia likes all his kids, even if they end up being weird.

"I'm Buddy."

'He can't hear you Buddy..'

"......I'M BUDDY!"

:p
    yDtUpcp.jpg
    I went for some more makeovers, Flo is rolling her eyes imagining her boy playing outside with his dog and pretending to rule the kingdom known as the dining room table...those days are gone he's a teenager with a computer you gave him, he's gone let go Flo. lol

Also like mother like son I was just looking how much he resembles her being more of a pretty boy and decided to keep it like that.
    tYjSgsN.jpg
    I bet Imelda will match her father but he's cute too so that's okay.
    fIB4Qof.jpg
    He adores his boy, maybe he'll get to teach him to drive in the fire truck if that's possible.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Enjoying a ballet class with the locals ... What a talent!

KSowBGL.jpg

And who is THAT? The new neighbour. What a surprise :D ! Time for a visit at night ... look at his black wings. Is he an evil guy?

Y9EU0UJ.jpg

Screenshot-68.jpg
    Liam Park from the ios game "Love Link." He became one of my favs from the APP, so I decided to recreate
    him in the sims for a new save

latest?cb=20200915191115
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Hello all. I'm delighted to say I finally finished the video I've been working on for over a week now. It's currently loading to YouTube. It'll be a few hours before it's ready to view and I'll post a link when it's done. This one is the final tomb under the Nectary in France. It's the Tomb of Jean Necteaux.

I also have done some more work on their house in Dragon Valley. I evicted everyone, saved the house to the library and started a new game in Dragon Valley again. Then placed the house. I added my new sim to the world in a small house.

Penny003.jpg
    Penny now lives in Dragon Valley too. She's on her own in a house near to the big house the IP Bunch live in. I'm thinking she might become part of the family. There are two unattached male sims in the IP Bunch household - although it seems Craig and Judy might have a budding romance in the air. The other unattached male, who might be interested in Penny, is Sam.

She became the active sim I used to properly extract the sims saved in the NRAAS Porter file. Having all of the extra sims in the same house was giving me a few problems. I got them there originally by simply placing the Porter file containing them all into the house without using the mod to unpack it.

At the end of the video I'm currently loading to YouTube you will see a short glimpse at the household in a special corner of their inner courtyard of their new house in Dragon Valley. I must say, it is the most smoothly running game with this household of sims I've played so far. I've tried them in a few worlds previously and it's always been a bit of a disaster. This is the first time I've packed them up using NRAAS Porter mod and started a brand new save so that might explain it.

The house has a flat roof.
    IPBunch-In-DV001.jpg

Now the Isla Paradiso Bunch household are the only sims in the new house.

Everyone but the babies are in this pic.
    IPBunch-In-DVAt-Home001.jpg

The two Alien mothers have been placed in a house on their own. I haven't checked up on them yet.

The Mermaid household, Triton King, Maya Ocean, Salty Seaworth plus a new mystery mermaid who tagged along with them, have gone to wherever it is they go to. I still have to verify if it's in another house in town or if they've gone to the mysterious place like the one in which they live in Isla Paradiso.

I'm not sure why we got a fourth mermaid in the mermaids household. Mia Azul is a ghost and her urn is in the Isla Paraidso Bunch home and she haunts it occasionally - she haunts most nights actually. It's wonderful to be able to play the whole household at home without constant freezing and crashing.

There are no dive lots in Dragon Valley. I might build a couple for them if I start playing this game again.

I may continue to play them occasionally but probably won't continue to do a full series of regular videos on them. At least not until I've got a few of the other video series I'm working on completed.

Happy Simming all.
    I have a packaged file in my game which is causing it to crash, I can't figure out which item in the file it is that is corrupted.I don't want to lose the entire package.
    @GraceyManor Sorry I'm a bit out of it Gracey, is the package file a mod file? And when did the issue start?
    jonny522 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor Sorry I'm a bit out of it Gracey, is the package file a mod file? And when did the issue start?

all package files are CC files.
    Tonight.And I haven't added anything new...its fine I will just get rid of the entire file.
    (I merge my package files together as it makes my game run faster)
    jonny522 wrote: »

all package files are CC files.
    Tonight.And I haven't added anything new...its fine I will just get rid of the entire file.
    (I merge my package files together as it makes my game run faster)

Ah ok. Sorry about that. I'm afraid with package files that are stuck together I'm somewhat useless. Good luck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top