Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Two birthdays! Henry is a child- will be a teenager in six days- and his little sister Aria(birth-name Ariel) is a toddler! Mama is pregnant with baby #3 but I'm not sure what to name him.
    Pics
    Henry's birthday and CAS pic
    50440815608_161661444c_h.jpg
    50441689517_1199d757ba_h.jpg

Aria's birthday and CAS pic
    50441505826_c2256d5697_h.jpg
    50441689202_316dfdfba9_h.jpg

she looks so cute
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • clairakittyclairakitty Posts: 578 Member
    It's always so exciting once they reach teenagerhood (and adulthood, to a lesser extent). You get some idea of what they look like as toddlers and children, but you don't get their real facial features until teenagerhood. On that note, my sims' first and only daughter just reached her teen years! She turned out super cute I think. At first I was worried all three kids would look the same (they all got Angelina's hair), but now that they're all big I can see the difference! As a reminder, here are the moms and the oldest brother:
    gkiy2bm8aur36d9zg.jpg?size_id=8
    70ylc4m42esj0swzg.jpg?size_id=8
    x5eikjkb7x9nb9zzg.jpg?size_id=8

Ryan just hit adulthood and is looking snazzy:
    69hcplaseaz0c5izg.jpg
    j5hea1bd61r143ezg.jpg

And Axel as a teen!
    2dcq281slg8cij8zg.jpg
    g77gl7tcet09lsjzg.jpg

The genetics are definitely the best part of Sims imo. It's why they always end up having so many children in my games :P

@HillyBeth the kids looks so cute!! Such pretty eyes.

@Nikkei_Simmer Aaron looks so happy playing with his blocks! He looks like a good mix of mom and dad, which is always ideal.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @clairakitty I find that the toddler stage is often a good indication of which parent they most favour unless you use toddler CC that changes their faces to make them "cute". The child stage is useless for telling genetics because kids' features are not defined enough unless they are descended from sims with extreme slider positions. I have been using a Random Genetics mods from MTS for my current save and I am loving it. Instead of whole features being inherited, the kids are getting blended features :)

Ryan looks great as a YA and Axel is very cute :)
  • clairakittyclairakitty Posts: 578 Member
    @Mikezumi makes sense! I like the idea of a random genetics mod. I think one of the NRAAS mods I have (Story Progression maybe?) does something similar, but I'm not sure if it's the same. Either way, I love seeing how they turn out :) Speaking of, Orpheus, the son of Ashton and Cid, just reached teenhood, and he looks cool! The black hair must've come from Ashton's mom I guess?
    This is Orpheus:
    lm8nojpq8g4bgowzg.jpg

These are his parents:
    uxmh08mfeluf94dzg.jpg
    j16ddxyd3h5w01qzg.jpg
    edited October 2020
    @clairakitty I have used Cid as a baby daddy before. His kids turned out great! :) Orpheus is a good looking boy :)
    I love Nraas mods but even with the settings changed to extremes for genetics you still get whole features passed on. The Random Genetics mod actually blends the slider positions for the features from both parents which is something I thought they should have done from the beginning!
    This is one of the first kids born in my current save compared to his parents Jason and Eddy. The son is the one in the middle. As you can see, although he looks like genetic offspring of his parents, he hasn't inherited a single complete feature from either.
    49852720103_39f0cb61cd_o.jpg

This is one of the kids (middle) from the next generation.
    49959881562_996c4bced8_o.jpg
    Now that Jean (second 5th generation spare) and Roger's kids are YA, it is time for the family composite pic.
    50468280168_0960d3dbdd_o.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Well, it may not be the pics I announced before, but the surprise quadruplets of Morgana (Wolff) and Marcus (Stout, my SV founder) aged up to teens, which means we are still dealing with generation 2. Morgana and Marcus only had one child before (who has children on his own), so I guess it's not too bad.
    Morgana and Marcus
    33p3uLM.jpg
    Stella
    rufXHfD.jpg
    Irene
    k7eTY0D.jpg
    Henrik
    vNEwSgL.jpg
    Helena
    l7YBc6X.jpg

All four of them had IF's who had become real, in groups of 3 and 1, and who had their birthdays at the same time. The first three I gave to some mean-spirited guy who has zero chance of reproduction, and I mixed them with Christopher Steele as second parent. The guy in the background is Brant Hatch, son of Emma Hatch and Abraham Finkel and father of the three former IF's.
    Celeste
    rP78qNO.jpg
    Babette (sorry for the dark pic; she slept all the time and immediately ran out of the house when she woke up_
    WREG6vy.jpg
    Finn
    Gb7qeA9.jpg

The fourth IF went to a split couple, a Sandy French/Frio mix father with a River McIrish/Stiles McGraw mix mother, here with Finn from above:
    Jemima French
    50xYRsY.jpg
    Here it's already hard to recognize any of the SV originals anymore.
    @Turjan The quads look like siblings without being the same so that is good :)
    I could immediately see that Brant was from Emma! Long ago she had kids in one of my saves and had some handsome sons! I can't remember who she married.
    It's good you mix townie genetics for the IFs because I would have nightmares about all that pudding running around the town producing more pudding! :confounded: although I don't know why who have them in the first place but each to their own ;)
    @Mikezumi Emma and Abraham had 4 kids in my game, but for some reason, their adult kids didn't get kids of their own. I found Brant the best-looking of the bunch, which is why I chose him as father, and as I don't play his family, his "mean-spirited" doesn't do any damage to the kids. Just now, Brant's sister Yvette suddenly decided to get a kid from Feisal Keaton, who's very close to death and the son of Justine and Marty from the beginning of the game (actually not too bad looking), so there's some other Hatch offspring in the making.

I may have to mix Celeste again (I'm not 100% sure I pressed the random genetics button, as that one only appears on a reload after an age-up). Or I just wait whether her "Christopher face" mellows when she becomes a YA. At the moment, she looks like she got plastic surgery as a teen :lol: .

I like IF's for toddlers. They take some of the pressure away, as the toddlers forget about being hungry and have no social needs, so it's a bit easier for the parents with IF's at that stage. Of course, they get annoying as soon as they come to life, which is why I turn them real quickly. As soon as they become real, they usually leave the kids alone (actually, they lose all interest in their "best friends"). Also, this way I can perform genetic experiments. For example, at the moment, I try to think of what to do with the two IF's Adrian's kids (from the post before) turned real. I don't know which parents to pick yet.
    @Turjan I don't think Emma married Abraham in my game because I believe he is a homeless sim and they are not allowed romance in my saves. She probably married Jared Frio, Stiles McGraw, or Christopher Steel. They are the ones she often ended up with anyway.

I didn't realize IFs did all that for toddlers. I thought it was only a social thing. Using them for genetic experiments is a good idea, though! :D
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited October 2020
    It's official! There's a teenager in the Lowell household! Henry was on the verge of learning to drive when I quit. Send his dad some good luck! LOL!!!

Little Nicholas, who was finally born tonight, is a toddler and looks like Annabeth. Aria becomes a child in one day and Carson and Annabeth will be adults soon!

Henry:
    50507819823_e609f41a37_h.jpg

Nicholas:
    50508528581_41435cd76d_h.jpg

They'll try for baby #4 next time I load up.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth Congrats on Henry becoming a teen. Who would you say he looks like? Congrats also on the birth of Nicholas :)
    @Mikezumi I think he looks a lot like his dad, except for his eyes and skin.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited October 2020
    G-ma, look how lovely Claire and Jared's baby turned out! :bawling:

6nLGZmf.png

EDIT: I apparently can't tell the Frio Brothers apart or read. :lol:
    @Emily4331 (chan) Oh my gosh, but she is as cute as a button! <3 Of course, most of the credit goes to your clever use of CC and your presentation :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Emily4331: I love how there's no CC that can hide the Frio lips (A GOOD THING BTW)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Awesome daughter of Claire and Jared. Their girls tend to turn out pretty, but that's really remarkable.

I think I posted already a pic of Rashida, their daughter in my game. She's a YA now though, so I take that as an excuse to post an image of her again. No comparison to Emily4331's version, but I take what I get :wink: .
    W9CEqaQ.jpg

@Turjan Rashida is lovely! I agree that Emily's is stunning but I bet she could do wonders with Rashida if that was the look you are going for, although I suspect you are happy with your own style :)
    @Mikezumi Yeah, I'm fine with how things are in my game. I'm already happy that, nowadays, I just have to fix some clothes and maybe the hair.

In Twinbrook, Amy's and Randall's daughter Janet grew up to to teen. Here are the happy parents (plus one of Janet's half-brothers):
    RcaGxb3.jpg
    The faces to the left somehow reflect what could be seen directly after the age-up :smiley:
    1jreyxH.jpg
    Well, that fixed itself, and here's Janet after a short trip to the Stylist.
    I9S9jtY.jpg
    I guess she grins slightly, because the first thing she did was insult her mother.
    @Turjan I always laugh when I see that deformed face when sims age up! :D
    Janet is lovely and that hair suits her very well :)
    Aria aged up, though my game froze after getting out of CAS so I lost all that. This is why I go for weeks without playing sims 3
    50568551296_8195ff0a44_h.jpg
    50568683637_832b3730d9_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Sorry you have game issues. I seem to have very few problems with mine. Happy birthday Aria :) Who would you say she looks like?
    @Mikezumi her mouth is definitely her mother's. I think her eyes are shaped like her father(whose birthday I was getting ready for when the hoopla happened). At least I'd managed to save after Henry learned the rules of the road *with Dad clinging to the emergency break the whole time

*My dad did that when my sister was learning to drive. LOL!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Anderson and Adrian Ansari's sons aged up to teens. Adrian has Eddy Mullis as a father.
    The parents:
    Adrian
    rZgSjHI.jpg
    Anderson
    GfBoXtc.jpg
    Alexander
    8r1JzcK.jpg
    Harley
    4IlKm3h.jpg
    Hmm, I'd lie if I'd claim I see anything of Eddy in them.

I picked two parents for the two IF's, but those have to wait till the next trip to China to get their genetics adapted, as those seem to not be reachable in SV.
    @Turjan Adrian is very handsome! :) I can't see Eddy in Alexander and Harley either but their faces will change a little on aging to YA. They are good looking boys! :)