Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Honestly the joycons seem very poorly (I think specifically cheaply) designed. I guess what basically happens is when the analog sticks move they have the potential to flake off some plastic which gunks them up and causes drift. It can happen to any controller with an analog stick (so pretty much all of them) but the switch is very prone to it for some reason. And it is sooooo common that Nintendo will fix them free of charge you just contsct support and have them mailed away. If their repair centers are reopened yet which they probably are now. Though being without then for a while would suck.

Honestly eventually I want to pick up a spare pair in case I ever have to send mine away. Or just so I can learn to repair them myself but not risking breaking a working pair. They're also cheap and apparently not that complicated to repair but electronic repairs make me nervous lol.

Thankfully I haven't had drift but the locks on my joycons broke which is also fairly common apparently because they're just cheap plastic that breaks off. Of the 2 I'd rather have the broken locks though. They are annoying because I often have to dig one or both joycons out of cushions or blankets after getting a snack or whatever or wander around the house trying to find where one fell out when I was going to a different room lol. But as long as I'm playing it's not a big issue whereas drift is a big issue while playing. But yeah cheap plastic seems to be an issue with the joycons.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Haha I may have hid some of the gifts around my island too hard. After two days of having people visit and look for as many presents as they can, there's still 42 left hidden.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Haha I may have hid some of the gifts around my island too hard. After two days of having people visit and look for as many presents as they can, there's still 42 left hidden.

Holy moke, I thought I'd found them all! I couldn't find another single one :joy:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Holy moke, I thought I'd found them all! I couldn't find another single one :joy:

Haha And make that 45, I found 3 more after typing that!

I got Clay's photo!!! That's photo #2 for me!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Well I chose a villager on my first island. Charlise. She's a sisterly bear and since there are only 24 sisterly villagers I decided to grab her so I could learn her reactions.

Congratulations!

Ok, so I decided the secret to getting villagers photos would be to gift them stuff they can't wear (socks, shoes, bags, etc). Well, I just gave three villagers in a row socks and none of them gave me a gift back. If this is "socks as gifts" humor, I love it. :lol:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Congratulations!

Ok, so I decided the secret to getting villagers photos would be to gift them stuff they can't wear (socks, shoes, bags, etc). Well, I just gave three villagers in a row socks and none of them gave me a gift back. If this is "socks as gifts" humor, I love it. :lol:

Haha yes gifts have to be worth a certain amount to get gifts back! I always do furniture or things they can wear though cuz I like to see them using the gifts! I spend time each day picking the perfect gift in their Fav colours and styles haha
    edited October 2020

Congratulations!

Haha yes gifts have to be worth a certain amount to get gifts back! I always do furniture or things they can wear though cuz I like to see them using the gifts! I spend time each day picking the perfect gift in their Fav colours and styles haha

I went through and made sure they were all worth 700b or more. But thanks for the reminder! :smile:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Congratulations!

I went through and made sure they were all worth 700b or more. But thanks for the reminder! :smile:

yw! If it's just sock humour then that's hilarious :)

Hey how many HOA points do you all have? I love my house but HOA seems to hate it haha, I'm at 68k points ish. They always complain haha
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member

Congratulations!

Hey how many HOA points do you all have? I love my house but HOA seems to hate it haha, I'm at 68k points ish. They always complain haha

I have 144,000. They always complain about diys I have on the floor or say my furniture isn’t the same color. I got the trophy for 150k a couple weeks ago, but then I put my house back the way I Iike it and the points went down again.

Congratulations!

I have 144,000. They always complain about diys I have on the floor or say my furniture isn’t the same color. I got the trophy for 150k a couple weeks ago, but then I put my house back the way I Iike it and the points went down again.

Haha wow you have double mine though :) I try to make mine an adventure house, the main room is the inside of a ship, and then each room is a place it visits, under the sea, outer space, desert, garden and tropical island haha. But there's not a lot of furniture that I like to make these work properly (Even if I do have a huge light house in my house haha) and I want it more open, less clutter, so while I like it, it scores super low. Oh well.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    My score this morning was 166,000.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Lol I think I have like 42,000 points or something. I haven't really done much with my house lol.

This week is probably worse too I haven't played yet but I left turnips all over and forgot all about them, I woke up at like 12:30 and realized I missed turnips for the day and then realized I never sold mine from last week. But I hardly played all week, it's been a long rough week.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i completly forgot about the hh today. still trying to get all the photos. especially now i wanted clydes but he moved before i got it. so just al and peewee.

That's awesome! You guys with super high scores need to share photos of your house haha

That's awesome! You guys with super high scores need to share photos of your house haha

i get bored cause isabelle won't let me have 5 stars ,so i build my house almost as soon as the last loan gets paid. isabelle is a fence snob. i have all of them already. :)

Congratulations!

I don't know what mine is cuz I always delete my letter right away because I don't care what it says cuz I like the way my house is decorated and I'm not changing it. I think I have the silver award?

My boy character's house only has a B ranking because I can't find stuff I like and I keep on accidentally just decorating it like my main house in different colors :joy:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Honestly the joycons seem very poorly (I think specifically cheaply) designed. I guess what basically happens is when the analog sticks move they have the potential to flake off some plastic which gunks them up and causes drift. It can happen to any controller with an analog stick (so pretty much all of them) but the switch is very prone to it for some reason. And it is sooooo common that Nintendo will fix them free of charge you just contsct support and have them mailed away. If their repair centers are reopened yet which they probably are now. Though being without then for a while would suck.

Honestly eventually I want to pick up a spare pair in case I ever have to send mine away. Or just so I can learn to repair them myself but not risking breaking a working pair. They're also cheap and apparently not that complicated to repair but electronic repairs make me nervous lol.

Thankfully I haven't had drift but the locks on my joycons broke which is also fairly common apparently because they're just cheap plastic that breaks off. Of the 2 I'd rather have the broken locks though. They are annoying because I often have to dig one or both joycons out of cushions or blankets after getting a snack or whatever or wander around the house trying to find where one fell out when I was going to a different room lol. But as long as I'm playing it's not a big issue whereas drift is a big issue while playing. But yeah cheap plastic seems to be an issue with the joycons.

i don't know if my orginals ever drifted. i turned the vibration feature off i love my new ones.
    Here's my house (pictures in spoiler because there's a lot)
    main room
    V54OTA8.jpg
    F6YM4NN.jpg

kitchen
    Ng5Z62b.jpg

bathroom
    fgceK0F.jpg

study
    lr17PI5.jpg

downstairs
    CKdkG7k.jpg
    yr0zvFQ.jpg

upstairs
    m4qNLZT.jpg
    jgldgpk.jpg
    Here's my house (pictures in spoiler because there's a lot)
    main room
    V54OTA8.jpg
    F6YM4NN.jpg

kitchen
    Ng5Z62b.jpg

bathroom
    fgceK0F.jpg

study
    lr17PI5.jpg

downstairs
    CKdkG7k.jpg
    yr0zvFQ.jpg

upstairs
    m4qNLZT.jpg
    jgldgpk.jpg

Looks awesome!!!!!!

Okay so I added a few more furniture items, changed my floor, and discovered the room I never go in was full of forgotten rotten turnips LOL. I ended up time travelling back a day and forward a day to get a new score and it went up to 95k!!! Bringing me from the lowest ranking (b) to the highest (A) but not enough for the first trophy yet at 100k haha. Gonna try and add a few more things for next week.

edited October 2020
    Found out a couple of things about villager photos today.

!) They are high points for HH score BUT only if the villager that gave it to you still lives in your village. Once they move out you lose points for the photo.

2) You can get multiple photos from each villager, take on average a couple months of constant gifting etc after you get your first one to get a second copy. This is great news cuz I want 2 copies of each for my house AND their yards haha! (Though for 8/10 villagers I'm still working on my first photo haha) Several people say that 64 is the magic number and that villagers have 64 gifts they have to give you afte the first photo to give you the second one)
    Okay here's my house pics, not so high scoring but only 5k away from bronze trophy haha!

mRlGkD8.jpg
    wAT5KMU.jpg
    yS796io.jpg
    DOqB7JY.jpg
    HIQuFPE.jpg
    NjMLtYN.jpg

Gates open to friends if anyone wants to shop. Buy anything from Nooks. Hippeux is crafting Golden Flooring at the time of my posting this.
    Okay here's my house pics, not so high scoring but only 5k away from bronze trophy haha!

HIQuFPE.jpg

Your house is amazing! I especially love this room!

HIQuFPE.jpg

Your house is amazing! I especially love this room!

Thanks :) I like that one a lot too but torn on my fav between that one, the one with stonehenge and the main room haha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top