Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Oops, that square is a mistake. Go ahead and delete it.
    Question: Is the single square on the left considered part of the foundation, or can it be deleted?

kE53BKu.png
    0o2CUKN.png

image.png
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited October 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #142 - Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Clousinators
    ORIGIN ID: Clousinators
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oakenstead
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2241773A0B3511EB840052514E992084?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $10,000
    GALLERY COST: $202,564
    TOTAL COST: $212,564
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vwVMLdZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made it under budget with no problems this time! lol I wasn't sure if we had to use the EXACT shade of green on the swatch or not so I decided to just use it as much as possible in every room. I've also gotten wiser and used all debug for the landscaping to save some money. I mentioned it in the slideshow but there was a random floor square on the right and a random piece of fence in the back, I wasn't sure if we could remove them so I kept them and made them blend in.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fGUnYL1.png
    TpmhVYg.png
    If anyone else is unsure, random squares and fencing can definitely be removed! And you can use any shade of the color you pick.
    image.png
  • xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    Quick question. Are we allowed to use debug and live edit objects?
    Quick question. Are we allowed to use debug and live edit objects?

Yes.
    image.png
  • xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    I just started building and I realized I have another question. Can wall heights be changed unlike the foundation?
    I just started building and I realized I have another question. Can wall heights be changed unlike the foundation?

Yes, wall heights can be changed.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #141 - A Small Family in Need
    Your results are now available here
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dresden House in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: The Fall Family Log Home
    LOT COST: $12,000.00
    GALLERY COST: $176,047.00
    TOTAL COST: 198,047.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Fall Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: For this challenge I chose to use the orange colored swatch to create a large luxury two story family log home decorated for fall. I used the orange color scheme throughout the home in the wood on the floors, beams, doors, and as an accent color in each room. The home is a 5 bedroom, three bathroom home with a three car attached garage, great room, study, large country kitchen with a large dining room as well. It has a mud room and main floor laundry room, as well as master bedroom and ensuite. It has 4 children's bedrooms on the second level with a play area for the children and a cozy family room for the sims to enjoy together. Outdoors there is a swimmable fishing pond, gazebo with a hot tub, garden, basketball hoop, fire pit, and lots of room for the children to play. My favorite feature of this home is the sun room located off of the dining room.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    AKQ5DJK.png
    xvJKqN1.png
  • soloushensoloushen Posts: 41 Member
    FORUM ID: Soloushen
    ORIGIN ID: Woofhoof
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bailey-Moon Manor (Del Sol Valley)
    NEW LOT LINK: Paradise Palms Estate
    LOT COST: $30,000
    GALLERY COST: $219,533
    TOTAL COST: $249,533
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Fall Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: While this build may be on one of the more ‘pricier’ lots, it’s entirely worth it when you glance up from your morning coffee and see the spectacular views before you. This is a modern build, characterised by a boxy vibe and big windows with plenty of outdoor space to maximise the superb location. Comprised: 4 Bedrooms, 2 ½ Bathrooms, Lounge, Spa, Gym, Kitchen/Dining/Living, Laundry Room, Study, Indoor Pool and Outdoor Pool.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/louise.sutherland.9235
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    nOwAjUJ.jpg
    vXF364j.jpg

bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #141 - A Small Family In Need

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited October 2020
    @BuildnShare
    I have an issue- and am searching for answers.
    OR
    I will re-build my whole Creation.

It seems I Can Not Upload my Entry to the Gallery- I am being told it is too BIG..

If anyone can Help - I would so, so , so much appreciate it..

I have the album ready. All was Good to go until I tried to upload it..

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @Pinkusfamily try again to upload later or another day but the main thing is the slideshow as that's what the judges go by :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @Pinkusfamily, does your build have a ot of cc? That's the only way I can see it being too big, if it's not just a gallery issue But yes, try again another time.
    image.png
    edited October 2020
    Thank you @masajo & @SimTresa - I am going over it now.

And have even gone to The Gurus..

I will have this fixed By the dead line..

;)
    I got it It was some art from the Gallery that was too big ! Here is the link if anyone has this problem again.
    lot file size too big
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
    edited October 2020

FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Del Sol Valley, on the "Baily- Moon Manor Lot".
    NEW LOT LINK: Fall in Del Sol Valley
    LOT COST: $ 30,000
    GALLERY COST: $ 219,795
    TOTAL COST: $ 249,795
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: Located in Del Sol Valley, on the "Baily- Moon Manor Lot". I Chose a Modern Style using the Orange & Yellow swatches on the exterior along with white Brick and a wood texture to bring together a style with the use of color, texture, shape and finish. I picked a More expensive location because I have Never built up in the Pinnacles, of Del Sol Valley before. The Lot is 50 x 40 , with a dramatic skyline view. Inside I used several of the wall swatches as inspiration for Style in each room, and even as mood lighting. The home is furnished in an eclectic style through out. There are 4 separate bedrooms each with their own en-suite bath. ( a Master suite with a Spa & Sauna. A little Girls bed room, Little Boy's bed room & Teen's bedroom.) With a total of 5 bath rooms in the home. There is an eat in Kitchen, a Formal Dining room. A Library. A Gym. A Laundry room . And a craft room with many skill building objects included. Art through out created by SimSationalToo, ThePlumBOBSims, Juwels64, AlJay2000 Takissis & EmmaKuiper64 in the Gallery.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art through out created by SimSationalToo, ThePlumBOBSims, Juwels64, AlJay2000 Takissis & EmmaKuiper64 in the Gallery.

122500808_2855063701380369_7310365554391124447_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=EcIVIoatOfkAX9ZoLMS&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e5e25405c134d1a6f6cc14fc886a058b&oe=5FC1A5E9

122747698_2855877317965674_6413065019147902214_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=pGC1NBDzkWEAX-3yH-x&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=37ea0e7bbbdb0fb1515dc8cdcfa7cc88&oe=5FBFF2AA
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID:KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID:KitelDesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5349EA0316E211EB857CD434B4652DF6?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 8500
    GALLERY COST: 241353
    TOTAL COST:249853
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Kcq4mX2
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC

Color picked: Orange

This large family estate has traditional and modern elements through out. A grand 2 -story entrance welcomes you to this home. The first floor has been redecorated for fall, with fall colors throughout. We have a large kitchen, garage, dining, living and parlour. 3 1/2 baths on the lower floor for all guests to use. Upstairs boasts 4 bedrooms, a master suite, and play room. Upper and lower floor balconies take advantage of the gorgeous river views.

ndpYTlw.png
    zuhNmyS.png
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2020

FORUM ID: SimmerShen
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oakenstead

NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Link - Oakdale Farmhouse

LOT COST: $10,000
    GALLERY COST: $238,919
    TOTAL COST: $248,919

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Oakdale Farmhouse Slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS: Oakdale Farmhouse is an Autumn inspired build, with orange being my chosen colour to feature throughout. There's a total of 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, a large open plan farmhouse kitchen with a greenhouse inbuilt only a few steps away from it, a formal and an informal sitting/living room, a play room for the children, a study and a craft room. There's also a covered porch area outside, perfect for sitting and relaxing. The garden is fully landscaped with some special features including a sunken garden, farming fields, a pergola style feature, a water fountain, neat and tidy lawn and a little shed. There's also ample parking available and a mature front garden.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    10-21-20_11-04-20%25C2%25A0PM.png

10-21-20_11-23-22%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Post edited by RachelShennan on
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    edited October 2020
    CHALLENGE #142-Fall Designer Showdown
    Forum ID: MaryKup
    Origin ID: MaryKup
    Level: just starting out in BnS
    Link to lot: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/808417E01AE811EB8D9B6119CC9F00CD?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    Lot cost 10000

Gallery Cost: 213183
    My build cost: 223180
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/f1FWpvN

I decided to try a Southwestern theme for this house. I picked one of the colors in the pallet and used it as the color throughout the interior. Went with mostly that vibe but threw in a few non Southwestern items in there just for fun.

Post edited by MaryKup on
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rock Ridge Canon
    NEW LOT LINK: Ms. Plum's Estate
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST: 245,978
    TOTAL COST: 249,978
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: A delightfully witchy estate for a coven of spellcasters who like purple.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uDfj5qq.png
    JvpcTSM.png
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS142 Fall Designer Showdown is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2020
    fFH47CC.jpg
    You had fully intended to leave work behind today and just enjoy the charity fundraiser you had been invited to in recognition of all the good work you have done building homes, but you can’t help overhearing an interesting conversation between two of your tablemates.
    Setting aside your drink, you lean closer. “Excuse me, but did you say you’re opening a bed and breakfast?”
    The couple look over at you, surprised at having their conversation interrupted. “Yes, who -?” The muscular blond man’s blue eyes widen with recognition. “Wait, you’re the guest of honor, aren’t you? I’m Noah Wainwright, and this is my wife, Viviana.” He indicates the slender, dark woman beside him.
    “A pleasure to meet you.” You shake hands politely, but your curiosity is still piqued, wondering if you might be able to help in some way.
    “You asked about our plans for a bed and breakfast,” Mrs. Wainwright says once introductions are exchanged. “We’re actually planning to renovate my family’s old estate after selling off some of the land to raise money.”
    Mr. Wainwright nods. “We want to maintain the basic Colonial look of the exterior while modernizing the interior. We thought we could convert four of the six bedrooms into guest suites and keep the two attic bedrooms for the family.”
    “There will be a common kitchen and dining room as well as living space and other areas for guests to gather and enjoy themselves, of course,” Mrs. Wainwright adds.
    “That sounds like an ambitious project. Have you chosen an architect yet? I would love to lend my services,” you say, feeling a familiar excitement at the prospect of beginning a new project.
    “Don’t forget the guesthouses,” Mr. Wainwright reminds his wife with a nudge.
    “Oh those, they’re not really necessary, just a silly dream,” Mrs. Wainwright demurs.
    “Please tell me about them. I enjoy making dreams come true,” you prompt.
    “Well, if you insist….”
    “I do. At least, I can tell you if it’s possible to do anything with these guesthouses.”
    Mrs. Wainwright glances at her husband, who nods for her to continue. “All right. They’re really just some old one-room cabins used by field hands in the old days, I don’t think either even has plumbing. I thought it would be fun to renovate them into comfortable guesthouses for guests who want more privacy and a longer stay.”
    “That sounds very doable. When can I come have a look?” You ask.
    “Tomorrow? We can show you around, and discuss everything in more detail,” Mr. Wainwright suggests.
    "I'll be there," you promise.

The Brief:
    Build a Colonial style Bed and Breakfast and two guest houses
    At least 8 bedrooms total.
    A shared kitchen, dining room and living room.
    Space for guests to gather and enjoy themselves
    Lot size: 40x20 or larger.
    Budget: 350,000

Room Challenge:
    Design and furnish one of the two guesthouses. Budget is 15000

Sim Challenge:
    Create Noah and Viviana Wainwright and show them in their new Bed and Breakfast. Be sure to show all their outfits.

Challenge due Monday, November 30, 2020, no later than 23:59:59 Eastern Daylight Time/New York time.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi, I have a couple of quick questions about the B&B challenge.

1. For the build challenge, do we need to do exactly 2 guesthouses? Or can we have more than 2 guesthouses?

2. For the room challenge, is the 15,000 budget supposed to cover a living/dining/kitchen/sleeping space or all of that AND a bathroom?
    tatselk wrote: »
    Hi, I have a couple of quick questions about the B&B challenge.

1. For the build challenge, do we need to do exactly 2 guesthouses? Or can we have more than 2 guesthouses?

2. For the room challenge, is the 15,000 budget supposed to cover a living/dining/kitchen/sleeping space or all of that AND a bathroom?

1. If you.really want to do more and the budget allows, go for it.
    2. it covers e verything. You just have to delete a wall to upload as a room.
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Hi BnS Peeps! It's been a while, but I have been lurking and enjoying all your slideshows.

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #143 -Breakfast in Bed
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    ROOM: Gardener's Cottage
    GALLERY COST: 14944
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This stone cottage is a repurposed Gardener's cottage on a colonial estate. It has a kitchenette/sitting room, entry hall, back porch, bedroom and ensuite. Although whatever would have been there would have been gutted, I included some orangy warm wood tones as a nod to the Colonial style.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: art by Roseymow
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    nP5w5HU.png
    JqwONbK.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top