Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    I did not know that Sims can analyze books, or eat a plate of macaroni and cheese, while out jogging. Perhaps this is an old observation, but there are some things I would never think to try.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited October 2020

“Do they do the fist pump first?“

Bahahhaha, I think they do....

As one would naturally do.
    Confutus wrote: »
    I did not know that Sims can analyze books, or eat a plate of macaroni and cheese, while out jogging.

As one would naturally do.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was playing a Sim with the Lazy trait and found out two things:

1. They never run; they always walk everywhere. Normal pace but no running.
    2. If you have Eco Lifestyle installed they get a Tense moodlet if you make them use the recycler; "They probably just throw this junk in the trash"
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I was playing a Sim with the Lazy trait and found out two things:

1. They never run; they always walk everywhere. Normal pace but no running.
    2. If you have Eco Lifestyle installed they get a Tense moodlet if you make them use the recycler; "They probably just throw this junk in the trash"

The news on the petrochemical/plastics industry and the dismal economic facts of recycling were hard to hear, in recent podcasts, alas. But yeah...the lazy Sims are correct, at least in the US. Most of it does now just end up in the landfill anyway, sadly, but hoping there will be a better economic and political approach, in the future.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • LeilathaLeilatha Posts: 24 Member
    I didn't know there is a hidden Grilled Cheese aspiration and that if you complete it you can summon grilled cheese without cooking. :D
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Did you know you can gift a bicycle to a child Sim and if they try to go somewhere far away from them they will take the bike out of their inventory and place it on the ground before running to their destination. 🤔🚸
    Ejk6lziU0AESjtJ.jpg

Did you know that townies will stock random items for the stock tables in City Living and Eco Lifestyle? Even hard to get/rare items?
    Did you know that you can use testing cheats codes to show hidden objects and live edit mode objects, and unlock gameplay entitlements, such that you can just take from the build/buy catalogue, pretty much anything the game has to offer, including hard to get and rare items, and things which are normally reserved for maxed out skill in an area, or the accomplishment of a challenge? Though this does not detract in any way from the previous post, because it's cool to know you can also randomly encounter such things on those tables. But yes...you can give your Sim as many deathflowers, potions to restore life or youth, special magic items, talismans (talismen? haha) party bots you didn't have to build first, etc.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Did you know that you can use testing cheats codes to show hidden objects and live edit mode objects, and unlock gameplay entitlements, such that you can just take from the build/buy catalogue, pretty much anything the game has to offer, including hard to get and rare items, and things which are normally reserved for maxed out skill in an area, or the accomplishment of a challenge? Though this does not detract in any way from the previous post, because it's cool to know you can also randomly encounter such things on those tables. But yes...you can give your Sim as many deathflowers, potions to restore life or youth, special magic items, talismans (talismen? haha) party bots you didn't have to build first, etc.

Yes but some are broken, like uncookable fish and undrinkable potions
    Did you know you can see Loch Ness Monster in Windenburg? :D
    Leilatha wrote: »

I saw that cameo of it in the Get Together teaser if I recall, and always wondered. How do you get to see Nessie?

xicwqMCm.jpg

I saw that cameo of it in the Get Together teaser if I recall, and always wondered. How do you get to see Nessie?

Spend a day at The Bluffs and look out onto the sea (to the right). If you wait long enough Nessie will appear.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Apparently it's called Emily.
    edited October 2020
    calaprfy wrote: »

Apparently it's called Emily.

I didn't know that :smiley:

I didn't know you can send the crystals to a goldsmith to have them polish up. :hushed:
    I just discovered that you can Copypasto the poster generathing boards from San Myshuno, and once placed in a house they continue to generate collectionable posters, to comfy collect them form home.
    After reading so many pages of this I feel it's hard to say that the Sims 4 is lacking. Am I wrong?
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    After reading so many pages of this I feel it's hard to say that the Sims 4 is lacking. Am I wrong?

The Sims 4 is definitely not lacking things we didn’t know!
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I only discovered Emily the Loch Ness monster recently. I usually send my sims to the Bluffs for Love Day and I spotted it there while staring at the water. I've since spotted it twice. If you go to the fire pit area on the Bluffs you might catch a glimpse!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Today i found out that when your sim takes a picture with someone they will immediatly raise their friendship score a lot. To the point of moving from a small friendship to good friends.
    I was watching some classic lilsimsie videos and I was absolutely surprised to see the pet bowl on the counter. So I didn't know that you could put the pet bowl on the counter if you have cats.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Alexciel wrote: »
    I just discovered that you can Copypasto the poster generathing boards from San Myshuno, and once placed in a house they continue to generate collectionable posters, to comfy collect them form home.

Where do they end up? The family inventory, I guess?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    Alexciel wrote: »

Where do they end up? The family inventory, I guess?

Yes! And that destroyed the mith that only inventory stuff can be copypasted. You just don't know till you try.

Also, a mage Sim trying to murder someone, can Zipzap the Murphy bed
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
    I didn't know while in the science career my sim could invent, upgrade and mass produce the sim-ray. Which could then be sold at retail with hopes of arming every citizen.. What I still don't know is if once they all own one if I'll see them randomly zapping eachother but, what I do know! is if I gift them to another unplayed sim once I play that sim its in his inventory.

just to be clear I knew that you could make the sim ray but, I didn't know that you can keep making an upgrading it over and over.

I also didn't know that with the "Always Welcome" trait from the reward store I can play as a Butler sim on unplayed lots

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top