Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Cry Foul!

Yesterday I was able to go offline and then get into my game. My plan was to wait until the mods I used are all either cleared (compatible already) or are updated. Today, I decided I would just go into my game and build the castle I wanted to use, since I have the 'plans' on graph paper as a guide. However, I had to go back online to access my game. Then, I accidentally clicked on the update (there's two) one is where you would normally click to start the game. Sheesh. I had to shut down Origin, so I could pull my mods folder! Now, I'm patched. I'm furious. EA, that was a dirty, stinking, rotten thing to do to us! Why could I start my game one day, offline, but not the next day?

If this game save gets borked AGAIN. We're going to have to have words. This time the Cantrell kids were set to graduate UNI. Yeah, I was that close to where I was before the EL patch set me back to the STONE AGES. If I'm shouting, it's because I'm a redhead of Irish Descent. And I'm raging hot ANGRY at the moment.

P. S. I have been a loyal customer since June 2005.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    This! This is why I'm spending the 20 bucks to reinstall TS3. We've already gone through the trials with it, and I can fully enjoy my game (mostly) without issues like this. So sorry to hear this happened. I'm disappointed.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    This! This is why I'm spending the 20 bucks to reinstall TS3. We've already gone through the trials with it, and I can fully enjoy my game (mostly) without issues like this. So sorry to hear this happened. I'm disappointed.

We now have to pay to reinstall Sims3? I've got all of the disks.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

We now have to pay to reinstall Sims3? I've got all of the disks.

Oh, no. I just have to pay again because I initially played on console, and am now switching to PC. I believe if you have all the discs you don't have to pay.
    WweQvgh.gif

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    However, I had to go back online to access my game.

You play via Origin when you are offline (not from desktop icon)? Thru your game library? Sometimes if you have left Origin on as offline for long , the large "Play" button disappears. Is that what happened?

I have had it several times, always if it has been on (as offline) for longer time. I have always closed the Origin client, opened it and logged in again, then marked myself as offline, and the button is back there.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had all of my TS3 packs and almost all of the store worlds when was on Steam, when had to transfer to Origin it lost all of my paid store worlds, Im having to rebut them, cant find them on my Steam account anymore either.....

In regards to TS4, I finally stupidly did this patch and one before it after I was purposely avoiding them. I always run a repair after patch or new pack, that repair is taking hours instead of minutes now. On my husbands older but can still run Sims 4 and mods and any CC I wanted if I wanted wont load mods or show theyre installed, the only 2 i use, or save the settings I change it back to, it works on my Omen gaming one but I cant count on that one, we've been trying to fix it for over a year now, I lost everything on it all my saves, on my husbands I had been using it wont keep at least my settings, I tried the help in diff post and those steps didn't work on his and it was fine till this new patch.

They need to stop, and please fix things, I have no games I can play now after all my work ( over a year on mine gone, and now cant get into the new ones I had on my hubby's) ugh, sorry about yours, its painful losing what you work so hard on/for. This is my outlet, I have bipolar and I need this game, if I cant play it bc someone doesn't fix it to be playable please, Ive paid full price for everything only pack I don't have is Star Wars, Im not buying anything else bc I have so many bugs if I enable EL that I have to keep it disabled and I really want to play it.

They haven't fixed Freelance Careers and you need a mod for that to fix, maybe they should just hire modders to do bug fixes and repairs, they can do it and they don't have resources EA or who the hell ever it is anymore, so maybe they need to stop not fixing things. TS4 isn't the first one in this franchise or other EA games that ate left bug ridden and sometimes still unplayable without all kinds of work arounds, mods or such, and all they do is wave info for a new pack or patch with features and too many go looking like its glitter. How do you expect that new glittery stuff to not break when they gotta get past the mountains they've created by not addressing issues when it could have been easier.

Of course the more stuff you add not only can it make issues worse, or harder to find even, but make new issues too. They gotta find a way to stop listening to the, we are ready for new stuff, why cant we have new packs, and instead fix it right, test it thoroughly with other packs added not just base game ( that's part of the problem there) and not put anything out till its really at least best they can do. Make ppl learn to be patient, i want new stuff too but I would rather it work the best it can when i get it, even if it takes longer to get. There will always be some issues, its technology, technology doesn't exist without issues. But at least folks try to force them to take longer, work longer on making the quality better and when bugs are there work longer on fixing them. Oh and also they said they'd be more into talking to us more about stuff, they should already have started that, let us know what ones they ate trying to get to at least.

Sorry this is long, Ive been around since 1, just didn't get to play 2 only. Im not happy, and I just want to play my game and constantly have to start over losing saves and having to disable packs ( that's ridiculous) why sell them if you wont be able to use them. Sorry my rant is over now too. I feel the same as OP, sorry about your loss, that's so much work
    edited October 2020
    I have just spent the entire day trying to get things to work. Essentially, I wasted a day. The past week and a half has been a total roller-coaster ride for me, emotionally. My daughter went into premature labor, about two weeks after her five year old daughter fell about seven feet out of a tree she was climbing to smack a flagstone on the back of her little head. Fractured her skull and has a concussion. Happily, they didn't have to do surgery. She's going to be fine and is finally out of the hospital.

Then my daughter went into labor. She was in the hospital for two days with them just trying to get her labor to stop. Baby wasn't due until November 27th. Daughter came home last Wednesday, only to have to go back to the hospital on Monday. We have a tiny baby girl in the Nick-U, as a result. Both mother and baby, praise God, are doing fine. Then the president of my country tests positive for Covid-19 and once again, I'm back on that roller-coaster. I also need this game to help simmer me down. I wasn't going to patch. I really wasn't going to patch, yet. But, it's been rigged that you can't get into the game in offline mode when a patch is pending, except perhaps the first time you play after it's been released. Like I said, I played yesterday and my Sims finished their final Term in Uni.

I ended up having to save my game and then exit when my hubby got home from work. He brought pizza, for dinner and I was famished. I figured, no worries, I'll finish up tomorrow, which is now today. What a joke! If I have it set to allow for mods/cc the game save won't load. It will if I untick the boxes. But every time, but once, it let me into that last save (I do the Save As) to set up their party, it indicates the dorm is missing essentials. I click on it but the only option is to build/repair. Where are my Sims? :open_mouth:

Then I thought, well, as hard as it was and as tired as I am, I'll just have to take them through that final Term again. But, I'd have to do it without the mods — the only ones of which I have in the folder have been deemed compatible by their creators. What the heck?

I was so close. So close to being back where I left off in the previously defunct game save, corrupted by a patch for EL (which I didn't want or need) and now it looks as if I'm going to have to start a fresh game save. Again.

This was the only way I could get things to work again after the debacle of the EL patch.

I would burst into tears, but I'm just too tired.

I really have been enjoying Sims4, too. The Sims are livelier than they were in Sims3, not quite as silly as they were in Sims2 (where I started), but so much more like I expected them to be in Sims3. If I can't have MCCC and Road to Fame (which allows me to have my singer Sim back), it's just not worth playing. I'm at my wit's end. Stuck in a tape loop playing it over and over and over and over and over again without respite. Just to have the save become corrupted (through, hopefully, no fault of my own) and to have to do more than a game repair, or refresh the game folder more than once. I suppose I could chance an uninstall/reinstall. That's about all I haven't tried this time around. Oi!

Thanks for listening. You're the best.
    However, I had to go back online to access my game.

You play via Origin when you are offline (not from desktop icon)? Thru your game library? Sometimes if you have left Origin on as offline for long , the large "Play" button disappears. Is that what happened?

I have had it several times, always if it has been on (as offline) for longer time. I have always closed the Origin client, opened it and logged in again, then marked myself as offline, and the button is back there.

Yes, I play via Origin, but even if I use the desktop icon, it goes through Origin. I went offline yesterday and played. I saved then I exited. It was only offline for the hours I played and then overnight. That doesn't seem to be too long. Normally, I play online so I can access the Gallery when I need to. I'm vexed. Exhausted and vexed.
    I have just spent the entire day trying to get things to work. Essentially, I wasted a day. The past week and a half has been a total roller-coaster ride for me, emotionally. My daughter went into premature labor, about two weeks after her five year old daughter fell about seven feet out of a tree she was climbing to smack a flagstone on the back of her little head. Fractured her skull and has a concussion. Happily, they didn't have to do surgery. She's going to be fine and is finally out of the hospital.

Then my daughter went into labor. She was in the hospital for two days with them just trying to get her labor to stop. Baby wasn't due until November 27th. Daughter came home last Wednesday, only to have to go back to the hospital on Monday. We have a tiny baby girl in the Nick-U, as a result. Both mother and baby, praise God, are doing fine. Then the president of my country tests positive for Covid-19 and once again, I'm back on that roller-coaster. I also need this game to help simmer me down. I wasn't going to patch. I really wasn't going to patch, yet. But, it's been rigged that you can't get into the game in offline mode when a patch is pending, except perhaps the first time you play after it's been released. Like I said, I played yesterday and my Sims finished their final Term in Uni.

I ended up having to save my game and then exit when my hubby got home from work. He brought pizza, for dinner and I was famished. I figured, no worries, I'll finish up tomorrow, which is now today. What a joke! If I have it set to allow for mods/cc the game save won't load. It will if I untick the boxes. But every time, but once, it let me into that last save (I do the Save As) to set up their party, it indicates the dorm is missing essentials. I click on it but the only option is to build/repair. Where are my Sims? :open_mouth:

Then I thought, well, as hard as it was and as tired as I am, I'll just have to take them through that final Term again. But, I'd have to do it without the mods — the only ones of which I have in the folder have been deemed compatible by their creators. What the heck?

I was so close. So close to being back where I left off in the previously defunct game save, corrupted by a patch for EL (which I didn't want or need) and now it looks as if I'm going to have to start a fresh game save. Again.

This was the only way I could get things to work again after the debacle of the EL patch.

I really have been enjoying Sims4, too. The Sims are livelier than they were in Sims3, not quite as silly as they were in Sims2 (where I started), but so much more like I expected them to be in Sims3. If I can't have MCCC and Road to Fame (which allows me to have my singer Sim back), it's just not worth playing. I'm at my wit's end. Stuck in a tape loop playing it over and over and over and over and over again without respite. Just to have the save become corrupted (through, hopefully, no fault of my own) and to have to do more than a game repair, or refresh the game folder more than once. I suppose I could chance an uninstall/reinstall. That's about all I haven't tried this time around. Oi!

I am so, so sorry. The Sims should not be an escape from reality, not another cause of stress. My sympathies and prayers reside with you and your family.
    WweQvgh.gif

I'm so sorry about your daughter, and her little girl, I'm glad they are both okay. I really hope that you can get your game to work, I understand the need for it as an outlet. Hugs, I am so sorry
    Thank you all for your kind words. I'm sorry I dumped it all on you, but I had to vent, else I would have imploded. This Community is the BEST.
    Thank you all for your kind words. I'm sorry I dumped it all on you, but I had to vent, else I would have imploded. This Community is the BEST.

So many hugs, that's a lot to go through, hoping for the best.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This horror has happened to me many times in the past. I hate the way they put the update right in my face. It should be hidden so I can right click and update if I want. I now learn to go offline through origin first then hit play or either only use the ts4 icon on desktop.
    I'm still scared I'll accidentally hit update one day lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Origins offline mode is a bit iffy, reminds me of how bad Steam's offline mode used to be before they rewrote Steam to work on OSX.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
    Thankfully, I was able to save my current game save without any story-breaking mishaps. Erik lost his savings, but I can cheat that back to him. LOL Next time, I'll be certain to leave the data. package of SNB in the Mods folder so that won't happen again.