May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

  • GordyGordy Posts: 1,901 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 26, so just a smidge out of that target audience they were looking for. If I knew they were listening to me, I would have made more demands for stuff last year.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited August 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm 26, so just a smidge out of that target audience they were looking for. If I knew they were listening to me, I would have made more demands for stuff last year.

    I don't think they are listening to any demands from anyone. Maybe they listen, but they decide what they want to include in the game and when. It's just a bonus if they have new, younger players who play the game.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Z3t487Z3t487 Posts: 14 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Sorry, it seems i can't yet create a thread, so here i post my wish for a mod that does this:

    I want a mod that exactly tell me how old ( in years, if possible even months and days) my sim is, instead of saying... 81 days left, then you turn Adult... (young adult with 81 days left before turning Adult is about a 24 years old person btw, according to my calculations).

    I just want the game to tell me i'm 24 years old and not 81 days left of Young Adult.

    In real life we have:

    Newborns: 0 days-28 days old
    Toddlers: 28 days- 1 year old
    Childs: 1-2 years old
    Still child: 2-6 years old
    Again still child: 6-9 years old
    Puberty and Teens: 10-22 years old
    Young Adult: 22-39 years old
    Adult: 40-59 years old
    Elder: 60-75
    Very Elder: 75-90
    Legendary Elder: 91+

    So...

    Considering the long life span of 364+ days that is 4 times the normal life span of 91 days and considering 1 day in game = 1 year for our sims with normal life spans so they live at least 91 years (not too far off from the average life span of 72.6 years old worldwide in real life).

    I thought: ok, i chose long life span, so 4 days in game = 1 year for the sims.

    In game we have with long life spans:

    Newborns: 0-12 days
    Toddlers: 32 days
    Child: 56 days
    Teeen: 56 days
    Young Adult: 94 days
    Adult: 94 days
    Elder: 40+ days


    So to understand how long for our sims a day is ( in a certain life stage)...well, it depends on how long that life stage is in real life.

    So...

    Doing the maths:

    Newborns: 12 in game days/28 real life days means... 1 in game day as Newborn= 0.42857143 real days

    Toddlers: 32 in game days / about 11 in real life months means... 2.90909091 in game days = 1 life month for a Toddler, so 1 in game day = 10.31249999677734 real days

    Child: 56 in game days / 8 real life years means 7 day in game as Child = 1 real year as Child, so 1 in game days = 54.14285714285714 real days

    Teen: 56 in game days / 12 real life years means 4.666666666666667 in game days = 1 real year as Teen, so 1 in game day = 78.21428571428571 real days

    Young Adult: 94 in game days / 17 real life years = 5.52941176 in game days = 1 real year for Young Adults, so 1 in game day = 66.01063835405161

    Adults: 94 in game days / 19 real life years = 4.94736842 in game days = 1 real year for Adult Sims

    Elder goes from 60 to 91+ so 31+ real life years so...

    Elder: 40+ in game days so... at least 40 in game days / 31 real life years means 1.29032258 in game days = 1 year for him ( if the elder lives 40 in game days).


    So... how old is a Young Adult with 81 days left before turning Adult (with long life span selected)?

    He completed newborn so: 12x0.42857143 days

    plus

    He completed Toddler: 32 x 10.31249999677734 days

    plus

    He completed Child: 56 x 54.14285714285714 days

    plus

    He Completed Teen: 56 x 78.21428571428571 days

    He entered Young Adult: (you enter with 94 days left, he got 81 days left so 13 in game days passed.

    So as Young Adult 13 x 66.01063835405161 days passed.

    So he is 12x0.42857143 + 32 x 10.31249999677734 + 56 x 54.14285714285714 + 56 x 78.21428571428571 + 13 x 66.01063835405161 DAYS OLD.... (about 24 years).
  • dawnmayerdawnmayer Posts: 33 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    22 here :)
  • Z3t487Z3t487 Posts: 14 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    No comment on my idea of mod or future content by EA for base game about the real age of sims?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 2,496 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    18. (legally an adult in my country, not a minor anymore)
    When I was a kid I was obsessed with MySims and had all of those games, then when I was a teenager I was obsessed with TS3, now I'm obsessed with TS4. Think I first started playing the proper Sims games in around 2012.

    Guess a lot of players my age group don't really use forums, I always used to be really active on other games forums when I was younger so it's normal to me. It's nice to be able to have more mature discussions, other social media is generally a screaming match nowadays
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited July 2020
    20-39 Years of Age
    Z3t487 wrote: »
    Sorry, it seems i can't yet create a thread, so here i post my wish for a mod that does this:

    I want a mod that exactly tell me how old ( in years, if possible even months and days) my sim is, instead of saying... 81 days left, then you turn Adult... (young adult with 81 days left before turning Adult is about a 24 years old person btw, according to my calculations).

    I just want the game to tell me i'm 24 years old and not 81 days left of Young Adult.

    In real life we have:

    Newborns: 0 days-28 days old
    Toddlers: 28 days- 1 year old
    Childs: 1-2 years old
    Still child: 2-6 years old
    Again still child: 6-9 years old
    Puberty and Teens: 10-22 years old
    Young Adult: 22-39 years old
    Adult: 40-59 years old
    Elder: 60-75
    Very Elder: 75-90
    Legendary Elder: 91+

    So...

    Considering the long life span of 364+ days that is 4 times the normal life span of 91 days and considering 1 day in game = 1 year for our sims with normal life spans so they live at least 91 years (not too far off from the average life span of 72.6 years old worldwide in real life).

    I thought: ok, i chose long life span, so 4 days in game = 1 year for the sims.

    In game we have with long life spans:

    Newborns: 0-12 days
    Toddlers: 32 days
    Child: 56 days
    Teeen: 56 days
    Young Adult: 94 days
    Adult: 94 days
    Elder: 40+ days


    So to understand how long for our sims a day is ( in a certain life stage)...well, it depends on how long that life stage is in real life.

    So...

    Doing the maths:

    Newborns: 12 in game days/28 real life days means... 1 in game day as Newborn= 0.42857143 real days

    Toddlers: 32 in game days / about 11 in real life months means... 2.90909091 in game days = 1 life month for a Toddler, so 1 in game day = 10.31249999677734 real days

    Child: 56 in game days / 8 real life years means 7 day in game as Child = 1 real year as Child, so 1 in game days = 54.14285714285714 real days

    Teen: 56 in game days / 12 real life years means 4.666666666666667 in game days = 1 real year as Teen, so 1 in game day = 78.21428571428571 real days

    Young Adult: 94 in game days / 17 real life years = 5.52941176 in game days = 1 real year for Young Adults, so 1 in game day = 66.01063835405161

    Adults: 94 in game days / 19 real life years = 4.94736842 in game days = 1 real year for Adult Sims

    Elder goes from 60 to 91+ so 31+ real life years so...

    Elder: 40+ in game days so... at least 40 in game days / 31 real life years means 1.29032258 in game days = 1 year for him ( if the elder lives 40 in game days).


    So... how old is a Young Adult with 81 days left before turning Adult (with long life span selected)?

    He completed newborn so: 12x0.42857143 days

    plus

    He completed Toddler: 32 x 10.31249999677734 days

    plus

    He completed Child: 56 x 54.14285714285714 days

    plus

    He Completed Teen: 56 x 78.21428571428571 days

    He entered Young Adult: (you enter with 94 days left, he got 81 days left so 13 in game days passed.

    So as Young Adult 13 x 66.01063835405161 days passed.

    So he is 12x0.42857143 + 32 x 10.31249999677734 + 56 x 54.14285714285714 + 56 x 78.21428571428571 + 13 x 66.01063835405161 DAYS OLD.... (about 24 years).

    This would be neat, but time in The Sims is never consistent. I mean, a female Sim is pregnant for 3 days (which equivalents to 9 months) , but at the same time she probably "aged" a few years, if you take into account that she'll be in her current agespan for like 24 days. It doesn't quite add up, so programming this might be too difficult and still won't be accurate. I prefer to just use my imagination.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 314 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Well, the results are surprising.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,086 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    Well, the results are surprising.

    I agree
  • EviemooEviemoo Posts: 2 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    30 now, I've been playing since I was 10-11 :D
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I'll just say I have been playing since the original The Sims back in 2000. Been a computer gamer since mid-80s.
  • GJGAMESGJGAMES Posts: 45 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    well im nearly 19 but i tought this game whould be played much more by people of young ages. but yeah i played it i think (cant quiet remember it) like 10 years ago when i had a nintendo WII i played i think sims2 im not sure i cant find the map on the google. it was a map with a hospital near the water you could drive around to your work you could kitesurf and there was a glitch with a fish and a freezer to get money.there was also a criminal career at the top left corner of the map next to a tunnel where you couldnt get into.

    and im 100% that i played my sims i made a lot inthere even thoug it wasnt my favorite game we had to search for apples to make apple paint wich was a nice feature.

    and i played simcity on the mobile but that wasnt my kind of game.

    and now im playing the sims 4 it was free like previous year ore even a year before that on origins but i could never play because my pc wasnt good enough.

    im sorry i moved a bit of topic but yes im 18. but offcourse those number are not 100% accurate since i think little kids wont sign up to forums. i mean atleast i didnt untill i was like 15 i guess. but yes nice hopefully we can play all togheter in the next game so we can build together and maybe we get like a fully openworld instead of using your phone to teleport to the library ore so.
    Im 19 and still lonely. Ooops this is the sims forum not a dating app
  • GJGAMESGJGAMES Posts: 45 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    i see a few problems in my text im dutch so sorry for my grammar
    Im 19 and still lonely. Ooops this is the sims forum not a dating app
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited July 2020
    13-19 Years of Age
    GJGAMES wrote: »
    i see a few problems in my text im dutch so sorry for my grammar

    You just missed a few capital letters and apostrophes ( some people who speak English as their first language make those mistakes )
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 3,834 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Been a fan of the game since my daughter discovered the Sims 3 back in 2011.
    I'm also a Civilization gamer since the 1990s.
    I even remember Amiga Compu way before
    Bill Gates came up with Windows.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 1,245 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started off on Sims 1, which I used to play loads (Superstar and Making magic were favourite packs). I enjoyed Sims 2 as well but only played 2 packs. I then had a long gap (skipped Sims 3 because I didn't like the look of the graphics) then picked up Sims 4 a couple of years ago. Been enjoying it ever since!
    cZkInMO.png
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2020
    60+
    I cannot figure out how to show my vote! Probably because I am in the over 60 group! See what a dummy I am - all I had to do was post for the age group to come up!

    A co-worker introduced me to Leisure Suit Larry in 1988 and the rest is history! My kids got the gaming consoles they wanted because I understood, and joined in. I started with Sims on PS1 and quickly switched to the PC version. Been hooked ever since.
  • lthshilthshi Posts: 5 New Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I was surprised by the results! I'm 18 and I thought most players would be around my age. But I'm happy to know I can still be playing this game in ten years and there will still be a community
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 2,789 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Ah yes. Just hit the mean big Forty. Who could have known? Luckily age and numbers don’t have anything to do with each other.
    I work in a University and the office ladies that don’t know me always give me suspicious looks whenever I casually stroll into their workspace to meet with their boss. They still regard and treat me as a (rather arrogant) student and on several occasions some even tried to kick me out of their office. So in that regard I still totally fit within the target audience.
    These days I purposely wear hoodies just to see the look on their face. Perhaps it’s time to get a decent haircut and wear Tweed.

    I first started playing the Sims (3) when I was 33 year old. I looked (and acted like) a smashing 17 year old back then. Still perfect for the intended age group.
    So here’s to hoping I’ll never outgrow the target audience. My experiments seem to work...
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,759 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Early thirties :blush:
    giphy.gif
    AWWWW YIBS!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,759 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Early thirties :blush:
    giphy.gif
    AWWWW YIBS!
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm on the upper end of the age range.
    I first tried The Sims on Gamecube way back when and didn't really gel with it. Then after watching a couple of Let's Plays two years ago I bought THe Sims 3 and a few months later I started collecting Sims 4 content. It's become my favorite game because it's so creative and I'm not stuck doing the same thing all of the time. I can build, I can mess around in CAS, and I can actually play my Sim(s). :)
  • Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    22 :)
  • DocPrivasDocPrivas Posts: 767 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I just turned 35 one week ago. I've been playing The Sims since 2000.
    Hndp4JR.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 267 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    In my 30's, only started playing TS4 since late last year but I've been playing TS3 (Console) since 2013.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top