Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use Mods? (Mods, no CC)

As the title says...

I don't really use mods except for this:
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=540178

Due to popular demand, I have brought back the Justine Keaton option.
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Do you use Mods? (Mods, no CC) 121 votes

Yes
61%
IcewolfYunaColorist40AllearsBreeNillaSablesashaIsb917keekee53asimbsimSageRainWillowMariefoxprice83simgirl1010freindlylolWyrrenalejandro15039luthienrisingfruitsbasket101Simberella777SxcDannii202stilljustme2 75 votes
No
23%
BluegayleGoldmoldarKorglyNianamcruddcchant86AquariusMomJACKIEJOYCary1213foxybillyDoloresGreyFlapmusteniDeeTsimsHearts4uBusufujoRN1414MondayCharlotta11RavenSpit 28 votes
Somewhat
10%
TheSpotted_CCorkysPetalselanorbretonSeera1024phantasmkissPaulmarch76fiercephoenix91chidoriaidaPotterheadSimTamakiSakura84bellagorillaCheetahAlyssaHandel 13 votes
Justine Keaton
4%
CamkatMeteoraStormQueenMercyColton147147NobileIntento 5 votes

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Yes
    I only use one mod (for woohoo), and it's done strictly for comedic purposes
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Yes
    I use MCCC, KS SOL and Explore, a ton of littleMsSams mods, and a ton of mods that can not be named due to certain actions/substances, and a mod that has become just as needed as MCCC the UI cheats mods.

Come to think of it I have so many mods idk if I could ever play the game without them. It just wouldnt be fun.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Yes
    A few big gameplay mods like MCCC and one I can't name, and countless tuning and bugfixing mods (more than 60 from Bienchen and LittleMsSam alone) and loads of quality of life, annoyance-removing stuff.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Somewhat
    I use mods to temporarily fix issues in the game and I take them out as soon as the issues are corrected by the Sims team. So once they fix the freelancer career, I'll take out the freelancer fix mod, etc.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Yes
    Yes. They improve my game so much that I will never even consider playing without them.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes
    This captain controls the ship from the MC Command Centre.
    This captain also feels fortunate to be a grown up. o:)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    MCCC is a must for its wealth of features and controls.

And then there are an assortment of other, smaller mods that I consider essential because they fix long-ignored bugs, bad design choices, and/or annoying “features”.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Yes
    I use the woohoo mod and UI Cheats EXtension. The latter is simply because the Sims autonomy doesn't seem to lend to a sim taking care of themselves and it's not unusual to have a sim go into distress while you're focused on a different sim. Being able to click and fill a bar even a little is great for gameplay.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I use all kinds. MCCC and UI cheats are my must haves. I also use some for bugfixes or to stop certain autonomous behaviors, or ones to limit the amount of NPCs the game generates for roles. I also use ones that enhance existing features, like deadly siren's call, that kind of thing: But the majority of what I use are for bugfixes or less autonomy of things.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    No
    I play vanilla. This way, I don't run into issues relating to mods after patches; that and I just prefer it that way.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    No
    I am very happy with the game as it is, so I do not need any mods. I overlook the small bugs.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I use MCCC and Meaningful Stories.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    No
    No need for anything else but official content.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Yes
    I have a full mods folder and it keeps growing. I can't play the game without.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes
    It is necessary...or the game would be boring. Also need mods to fix problems that takes them 5 million years to fix.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Yes
    Yea I use the UI Cheats Extension by Weerbesu, MCCC (a must have) and a recently released mod for an attraction system.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Somewhat
    I have MCCC, but use it solely to stop my sims from losing their relationships whilst I rotate away for weeks on end, as it takes me a loooong, looooooong time to go all the way around all of my households.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I haven't used mods since TS2 days. Recently though, some of the bugs are really making me feel like I need some mods. :o
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I couldn't play the Sims 4 without mods. Meaningful Stories, NPC Control, MCCC and all he little bug fix mods are a must have for my game. I absolutely can't stand situation outfits and tons of new random townies spawning in my game every time I play.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    No
    To lazy and I aint feeling the monthly mod update dance.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Yes
    It's impossible to play the game without mods. All my mods either fix bugs, remove certain autonomy, or attempt to give my sims more personality.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Yes
    I've almost always played with mods. Not just Sims 4, but 2 and 3 as well. For me, mods add to the game because they bring in new ideas and systems that otherwise might never make it.
    Some are bug fixes which get removed when the bugs in question are fixed; others remove personal irritations and annoyances and others bring in new ideas, or tweak an existing idea to implement it differently. They feel like they enhance the game and always give me something new to play around with <3 Especially fun if there's a lull between packs I'm interested in! Like now, for instance, the Batuu pack didn't interest me so I installed some new mods recently which have given me some new, fun things to do.

I don't mind the patches either. I'm used to it from Sims 3 so it's just part and parcel of the game for me. Right now, I haven't installed the last two patches because I'm waiting for a few updates. Once those are done, I'll patch <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Takes a ton of mods to get the game to even be tolerable. MCCC to keep me from pulling my hair out, others to add content and features Maxis is too lazy to add. Others fix Sim behavior to not be as exaggerated. Other to add features that well, probably wouldn't allow the game to keep its "T" rating.

However, I have to limit the amount I have--a third-gen i7 is mediocre, even with 16GB of RAM. This was a cheap $300 refurb bought to do college work while I got things together to build a proper gaming PC.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Yes
    Just started using them a couple of months ago. I use like five and I've enjoyed having them so far, though I don't feel it's impossible to have fun without them yet.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Yes
    Only one. UI Cheats for needs as I sometimes get do engrossed in my game that I don't want to focus on mundane things such as sleeping, hygiene, and bathroom breaks.

Can't wait to try out all the other awesome mods when TS4 comes to an end.