Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 complete collection is currently $750, is it worth the price?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Yes
    At 14 cents per hour of entertainment, I'd say yes. Got most packs on sale, though, so that's even cheaper.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    It wasn't 750 at one time and trust me my friends - my beer budget is a lot higher than my sims budget ;D
    It wasn't 750 at one time and trust me my friends - my beer budget is a lot higher than my sims budget ;D

I'm glad you have your priorities straight! I've had many beer-fueled TS4 episodes....

Dunno what else to add. 😂
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    I can play for hours with base game TS3 and have plenty to do. I bought most of the EPs when Steam had them for $5 each, but rarely run more than a couple at a time due to hardware limitations (cheap PC).

TS4 I have all EPs, every GP except the Star Wars mess, and all but about 4-5 SPs. I still feel there's a lot missing, and it's a mess. I think the TS3 packs gave players what they wanted. I feel the TS4 packs were put together by clueless marketing folks.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    No
    People who answered yes are out of their gorram minds.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Yes
    People who answered yes are out of their gorram minds.

How can you judge what's valuable or worth it to someone else? 🤔
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    Is it worth the price to you, is probably the right question here. That's what tend to discuss with my friends when talking about buying expensive things anyway.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Yes

Actually, this too. Although not so much lately, as I have health issues. And I've also spent more on yarn and knitting/crochet stuff the past 3 years. Sims is cheap compared to other hobbies I have/had. I also factor in that I got the entire TS3 at 75% off on Steam, so there's that.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bought them all over the 6 plus years and have had my monies worth so far. Always something new to do in my worlds.

Glad you're enjoying the game! Also curious, have you played the older sims game?

why do you keep asking if people played the older sims games it shouldn't matter if they played the other games or not
    your thread is about if they feel sims 4 is worth it also I have played the other games and I think sims 4
    is better and if you add everything from the sims 3 store it cost way more then 4 does I looked it up and this how much you pay for all sims 3 dlc $74,486.50. just want to add I'm sure if someone is willing to get every for the game they must
    really like it and feel its worth the money same goes for the sims 4
    That was a false number. It ended up be closer to $1,000 which is still expensive. But they used averages to do the math which wasn't accurate and did a false calculation.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    Still cheaper than a therapist and with everything going on in the real world it’s worth it to have one I can control myself.
    There are actually a lot of state programs and insurances that will cover that. I would suggest a life couch personally, but yes always check with a doctor for any health care matter since they are the professionals regarding it. Mental health is probably the most dangerous health concern during this pandemic. There are free resources here: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/find-help/index.shtml But know that it is ok not to be ok especially during this year. I lost a neighbor I grew up with to mental illness last year.

But yes most games I play are chill in the simulation genre. Stardew Valley is probably the most relaxing game I play now, but I enjoy water games like Subnautica and Raft and Sea of Thieves too since I was raised in a beach town.

Happy Simming or simulation playing. Keeping busy does help and learning a new skill, hobby, instrument, or language. I'm learning Spanish myself. Influent is a great game to learn languages on. Take care and sending you a virtual hug. We are all in this year together, so please don't feel like you are alone, because you aren't. You have a whole Sims community to support you along the way.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    No, it's not worth it when you consider all you got when your purchased all of the packs for TS3. In TS3 the amount of content made it worth buying. In TS4, you get about 1/2 what you used to for the same amount of money.

I do still enjoy some parts of TS4, it entertains me and de-stresses me, so I guess when you break it down by years or months and what that cost is, it's still pretty cheap entertainment. I know when I used to frequent bars all the time, it was nothing for me to spend $150-$200 in one night with nothing to show for it (besides a raging hangover the next day!).
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Yes
    It's worth it for me, because I enjoy playing it. That's the only thing that makes any game worth its price. If it's not worth it and 6 years later you're still not enjoying it, but you're still purchasing, playing and promoting it, well...
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    No
    No. In fact I only bought all the packs I still missed with the most recent Origin sale. I won't buy the Star Wars one though, even if it gets on sale later, not interested in that.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    No
    $750??! Oh my goodness gracious. 😂😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    it doesnt seem like much when i buy a pack. 10 here 40 there. but it sure does add up. and to think ive spent so much on all the sims game. so if i count the sims 1 through 4 ive spent a lot.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No
    I have to say no but then it comes to how much mileage each person gets out of it and for me it is not much. I do not pay full price on Sims 4 packs whereas it was different with older versions for I felt it was worth paying full price on older versions packs. I feel like SIms 4 packs are watered down.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    No
    I have every pack and that’s only because I’ve bought them as they came out over the years. I love the sims but I just don’t think it’s worth that much money. No way.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes
    The only pack I don't own is JTB at the moment. For the others, two were won in a giveaway and a lot of the rest were gifts from family for holidays and my birthday. The cost for me personally wasn't anywhere near $750-760. However, if I had bought all the packs myself at full-price I would still say it was worth it, to me personally! The enjoyment I get out of it, despite the frustrations at times with bugs/glitches, is priceless.

It's helped bring out my creative side and build upon it for one thing. Interacting with other Simmers on the forum has resulted in a few friendships as well. I love that! However, even if I'd never found this forum in July, 2014 and only played the game instead, I'd still believe it was worth the price.

Out of curiosity I took the time to do a rough calculation breakdown dividing $750 by 6 years, then divide that by 12 months, and finally an average of 30 days per month, it worked out to around .35 cents per day as a cost to play TS4. I'd say that's a pretty cheap price to pay for all the fun I've had playing it over the years. You can't even buy a cup of coffee for that price anymore.

I love the Sims and have played it since the beginning in 2000. It's been a part of my life on a daily basis since then. Even if I were to add the cost of the three computers I've bought over the years to play this game, I still think it's been worth the price and my time. I've made a lot of friends, learned how to run a forum, make a video, create edits in Photoshop, be a better writer, and so, so much more as a direct and indirect result of playing this game. For me personally, $750 for TS4 alone is a small price to pay for the big benefits I've gained from it.

Just my own personal opinion, your results may vary, of course. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    It depends on how much use you get out of it. If you play only every now and then, maybe it's not worth it, but if you play very frequently, then I'd say so.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    I know what information you want just by reading how you worded the question. TS4 and all of its expansions and packs might have a $750 price tag on it today but only if someone buys everything at full price today. Has anyone really done that? I think that some people have, over a period of time, but I also think that a lot of players wait for sales or bundles to get things for their game. There are are some players who don't own every expansion or stuff pack and there are some who have paid a sale price for the content they do have. There are some players who got the base game when it was free. Is their game worth it to them? Yes, if they enjoy it. I know I do. However, I don't play TS4 every single day because, being a life simulator, it gets repetitious and that's just with one generation.

I wonder if anyone pays full price for anything like a new car, a house, or an appliance, or do people try to get the best deal that they can get?

I think I voted yes because the question is skewed. The base game and all of its attachments might be listed at $750 today. If someone can afford to pay $750 to buy everything today at full price today then I don't think they're going to quibble about paying that much for a game that's six years old.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    I got into the Sims 4 in late 2019, and bought all of the packs on sale -- it wasn't until joining the discussions within this community and experiencing disappointment with the development of the game, and the game itself firsthand that I felt like ($600 at the time), was not worth for what little you get.

I'd argue that if the game had more story development and personality ala Sims 2/3, and the DLC came with more stuff in them that'd it be a maybe/yes, but that's a moot point now. For what it's worth, I do love playing the Sims 4 and enjoy creating new sims and homes for them to live in, but the attitudes and lack of transparency of the dev team/gurus, seemingly endless cycle of come & go bugs, and the above mentioned missing personality have soured me a bit. I'd definitely say it's worth buying on sale, and playing with certain CC and mods can make it almost as good as TS3 for console.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited October 2020
    Would I spend $750 on a game in one transaction. The answer is NO.
    I have my priorities.

However, over the course of 6 years? First off, I bought a lot of TS4 packs on sale, and I’m not the kind of person who waits for bargains, unless I know it’s right around the corner e.g. Black Friday. If I can afford it I get whatever and whenever I want or need something.
    I’m willing to pay full price for anything, if I feel it will add to my quality of life. If that’s the monetary value of that product at that time, I will pay for it.
    If I was to review my expenses on DLC retrospectively, do I feel they are worth the money I spent? For this I need to compare the value of money against the level of enjoyment I got out of it. In that case the answer is YES.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Yes
    Tbh it is worth it imo.
    Sims is not even most expensives game and a lot of games that have microtransition sell one skin for 10e and even 20e per skin.
    It's hella expensive but people still buy them so 20e for game pack does not seem so expensive.
    Even tho i'm not always happy about quality of some packs.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    No

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    No
    And I’m only saying this because they do a 50% off sale like every few months ...
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Yes
    Bought them over the six years and definitely feel I'm getting my money's worth. The game's kept my interest held and I'm still enjoying it with a lot of things I haven't yet done in the game.

And for those who assume you can only enjoy Sims 4 if you haven't played the other games, I've actually played all four generations. This one holds my interest for longer than the others ever have. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png