Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use CC (No Mods, but CC)?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No
    Just Sims 4 games.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Yes

Yes, CAS cc is a must for me. I don't use any mods.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    No
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My game is completely vanilla and always will be.

Same :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    No
    I don't know how to add CC (I saw an instruction video talking about folders etc and I mentally switched off as I am not technically minded at all!) I used to use in Sims 3 in CAS, my daughters friend did something to it and it worked - but not in sims 4 (plus I wouldn't know how to take it off and back on again when an update happens)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes
    My game just doesn't feel complete if I don't have a variety of content from The Sims community. I view it like art. Its not necessary, but its desired and adds flavor and beauty to my game that I wouldn't have without stuff made by all the wonderfully creative sims community members.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Yes
    When a new collab comes out, I shovel my mods folder full of it, and then try it all out. Then I get paranoid and take it out because one set of CC managed somehow to wipe out every save I had and the swearing I had to do about that wasn't covered by pretty pink flowers.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    No
    I probably should have selected yes because although I currently have no CC in game I have used it in the past and will again.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Yes
    I have 33GB of CC, so I'm going with a hard 'yes'.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    There are some really talented artists out there that not only create really beautiful things but things that I think should be in the game, like fingernails! Thank you, talented creators, for sharing your wonderful work! I also use some fantastic mods. For both these reasons, I have a dedicated 128 gb flash drive to which I keep my game backups or at least the saves and tray files. You never know when a mod can ruin your day after all.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Yes
    Because the game lacks diversity in so many ways (until recently) I HAVE to use CC to enjoy my game
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Yes
    I have maxis match CAS cc. I download mostly hair. When I get bored with some of them I just remove it. But I have to keep my default replacement eyes, skin overlays and eyelashes. I have a few items of clothing as well.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No
    No CC; never have in Sims 4. Never saw the need, tbh (also CC in Sims 3 caused so much havoc for me).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Yes
    I went 5 years going without CC (yes on game-play mods). I decided to just give it a go last year and am never going back!
    It just makes the game seem more personalized and exciting. :)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Absolutely, CC shopping is one of my most favorite past times! It's relaxing and I imagine stories of what my sim will be doing while wearing that outfit or hair. I actually spent the last few days D/Ling wayyyyy too much CAS stuff! My game will probably take a year to load!

I have 30+GB of alpha CC on my external HD, but I've recently started collecting Maxis Match CC to use now.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Yes
    I only use custom tattoos and body hair for CC.

I also use some mods like MCCC and Meaningful Stories.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Yes. I have both build/buy or CAS cc. I find it hard not to use cc given the few options we have in terms of content and swatches (they keep giving us weird colors we'll never use when we just want basic colors....even the white swatches are often grey).
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Yes
    yes at the moment I have over 10,000 pieces of cc one can never have too much cc
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    I was using some CC windows and doors until the last patch broke them. I've gone back to all the buildings that had them and replaced them with Maxis stuff.

The CC that I use is Maxis Match. I have about 8 CC male hairstyles. I use a skin overlay to smooth the textures of Maxis skin-tones, two lip colors, a cheek contour, two hairlines, chest hair, and one male bracelet. I have several pieces of clothing for male Sims, four sets of walls by various creators, and I use two CC sheer curtain panels.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    No
    I considered it ages ago, but I decided not to. I don't exactly know whether it works like mods or not (if it needs updating, etc.)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes
    Hair and clothing are a must.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Especially for hairstyles, clothes, buy & build and goth stuff.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    No
    No, but I might give it a shot for some new hairstyles. I feel like we've been getting a lot of the same styles in the last few packs and it's probably my main complaint with CAS, which is an aspect of the game I'm generally content with.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Yes. Not a lot -- just some hair & clothes. I prefer more more casual clothing than the game provides (the wardrobe as a whole is very 'dressy'), and since TS2 I've relied on modders for better natural hair for some sims.
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    No
    No, although there are some really nice cc I like, but I don't want to risk my game getting glitched.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    I do but not as much as I thought I would. I mostly have custom children's bedrooms because I'm big on family play and in my main rotational save, I don't want all the children's rooms to look the same. That and Maxis Match hairs. Can never have too many of those!
    Aside from most of peacemaker's content, I don't have that much installed right now! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png