Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 complete collection is currently $750, is it worth the price?

Comments

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Yes
    Yes, that is a lot of content for the game. I purchased the packs over time and not all at once. I feel like I've definitley been getting my money's worth of play out of them and will continue to do so over time.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Yes
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    It wasn't 750 at one time and trust me my friends - my beer budget is a lot higher than my sims budget ;D

I'm glad you have your priorities straight! I've had many beer-fueled TS4 episodes....

Hmmm....that explains a few things. lol
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    Image of the cost from two years ago and how I calculate the price too taking it in sections like that and adding it up:
    djflsitehl811.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i think it depends on if the game is worth it to someone. i think its to be expected over years of content. but to get it all at once would be really hard so getting a few packs here and there is the better option. also sells happen and getting them on sell is an option. but i think a lot of us have spent that much over 6 years.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    EPs: 9 X $40 = $360
    GPs: 9 X $20 = $180
    SPs: 17 X $10 = $170

So total for DLC is $710 plus $40 for the base game now is $750.

But initially the base game was $50 when it came out, so it is $760 if purchasing back from 2014. Then if you buy the collector's edition that was priced at $100.55, that makes a total of $800.55, so yep just over $800. https://simsvip.com/2014/01/06/sims-4-collectors-edition-exclusive-game-uk/

For those interested in how much memory it takes so far it is 45GB: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/h8fzza/sims_4_all_dlc_download_size/

Base game alone is 16.2GB.

My documents folder for the Sims 4 alone is at 8.36 GB while Sims 3 is at 3.21 GB.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes
    Sort of. It should be about $500.00 max.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    No
    Only reason why I even have as many packs as I do is because EA has to put this game on Sale every few months. Some Expansions and Game packs I'll buy at full price but I haven't spent anywhere near $750 on all the stuff I got.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Could I invest the money in something and see better returns sure. On the other hand I've spent pennies per hour for entertainment and what price to charge for that?
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Yes
    If I divide it over the hours I've played then I can play 6 hours for 1 dollar/euro, that's not very expensive. I've played dozens of games that I payed 10 euro for and I finished those in 2 hours. Of course I do have one or two games that I've played even more hours for 1 euro, but overall, the sims 4 is good value.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bought them all over the 6 plus years and have had my monies worth so far. Always something new to do in my worlds.

Glad you're enjoying the game! Also curious, have you played the older sims game?

why do you keep asking if people played the older sims games it shouldn't matter if they played the other games or not
    your thread is about if they feel sims 4 is worth it also I have played the other games and I think sims 4
    is better and if you add everything from the sims 3 store it cost way more then 4 does I looked it up and this how much you pay for all sims 3 dlc $74,486.50. just want to add I'm sure if someone is willing to get every for the game they must
    really like it and feel its worth the money same goes for the sims 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    My spendings until now sit around 300 I think
    but thats cause i unwisely bought few eps while they were full price and should have waited for 50% off

now I only lack eco from eps
    star wars from gps (not going to buy)
    and few of the sps (i have like 6)
    (most likely not buying all of those either but few i might if its 50% off or more)

basically i think im not going to spend another 300 on this game unless its for doubling the amount of gps/eps released (and me liking the themes of those packs enough)

so pricetag 750 sounds very much off to me at the moment and not worth it

like despite the fun of playing thats just way off
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited October 2020
    Bought them all over the 6 plus years and have had my monies worth so far. Always something new to do in my worlds.

Glad you're enjoying the game! Also curious, have you played the older sims game?

why do you keep asking if people played the older sims games it shouldn't matter if they played the other games or not
    your thread is about if they feel sims 4 is worth it also I have played the other games and I think sims 4
    is better and if you add everything from the sims 3 store it cost way more then 4 does I looked it up and this how much you pay for all sims 3 dlc $74,486.50. just want to add I'm sure if someone is willing to get every for the game they must
    really like it and feel its worth the money same goes for the sims 4

It's just curiosity. I know some don't like the sims 4 due to previous series having certain features missing. But glad you answered my question though, it's good to know you like it even if you have played previous series!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    This is how much all DLC costs right now on steam in euro.

lARxH5L.png

If you look at a simple currency converter, that's even more than $750. I went back and checked on my origin account, I have bought every pack at release until Tiny Living and I have spend something around $700.

While I admit that I have had fun with the sims4 and that this is money that I have spent over 6 years, in order to pay this much that means that all packs must be worth full price, and I don't think that they were. Some of them are worth the money but not all of them. If you buy all these packs on sale...then I would say it is maybe worth it.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes. I Spend money on it because I enjoy it. Otherwise I would have reach buying the DLC's if I don't think the game is worth it. Why would I buy a game that I don't think is not worth it?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    Yes
    Yes. And that doesn't include all the packs I've purchased for giveaways. 😄
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    For me yes cause i have bought it on the go and not always at full price. So it was something like 40 euros one month, then 20 two months after that and 10 more another couple of months after that. At the end i don't regret having spent that money at all cause i play it everyday for hours.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I'm always looking for a sale in case it's a pack I'm not crazy about hehe
    he/him
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes

Played almost every Sims game since buying The Sims original in 2000, plus Sim Ant, SimCities 2000, 4, Castaways, Sims Medieval and SimCity5 and several on the original Xbox. I've still got all the floppies or discs for all except the last two as well.

I'm enjoying this one as I've filled every world to more than my total of Sims and finding out how the families evolve with story progression turned on, long lives and long seasons. I love building my own neighbourhoods and families. It works for me that way. :)

Nearly 6,000 hours now, so yes, it is worth the money for me.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    No
    I love it but no. The dlc model in place is just way too expensive overall.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    No
    I said no, but I'm not really sure of that answer. People who play mobile games/MMOs will often pay far more than that for their games. You're not paying it all at once, after all, and most people do not pay full price for the packs.

With the Sims 3, I own every pack + the store. I'm only missing the preorder bonuses. I know people have figured out the maximum you would pay for all that, but I can guarantee you I paid a fraction of that cost. I am one of the idiots who bought the most expensive (or cheapest depending on how you're looking at it) sim points. Twice. Between those, points from advertising, goodie boxes (and kind customer support people who would refund the repeats that were guaranteed to not happen), and complete your set, and this daily spin thing, I ended up with points left over which I ended up giving away to people so they could do their own CYS cascades (buy an item or a few items, then use those to get deeply discounted/free sets).
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    Still cheaper than a therapist and with everything going on in the real world it’s worth it to have one I can control myself.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    This is my hobby so I find every penny worth it. I also own all previous game and their additional packs. I should add I have been playing the Sims since 2000 so I have spent WAYYYY more than $750 :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yes
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    It wasn't 750 at one time and trust me my friends - my beer budget is a lot higher than my sims budget ;D

I'm glad you have your priorities straight! I've had many beer-fueled TS4 episodes....

HAHAHAHA I agree. Priorities are order Kerrigan. Good for you.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    To be honest I don't see why people think you have to get every pack. There's literally no reason to have everything.

Stuff packs are a waste of money imo, don't buy them and thats $170 off the price. Buy all the other packs on half price sales or online, that's a ton more money off aswell. Plus, not everyone is gonna like every pack so just buy the packs you're interested in and leave the others. Like its optional DLC, you don't have to buy everything. For example I haven't bought parenthood as family play and the focus of that pack doesn't interest me at all, someone who likes realism can just not buy packs like vampires, ROM, JTB, etc if they don't fit their playstyle. Literally nobody is gonna be really into every pack so buying them all is stupid and honestly you're just willingly wasting your money if you chose to buy packs you don't care for.

I have 3000+ hours of play in Sims 4, thats wayyyyy more than I have in any other game. Sims has always been my favorite video game franchise. I think for the amount of time I spend on the game I can mostly justify the amount I've spent on it. (However I have never bought a pack full price nor would I ever. Full price is too much. In my currency expansions go on sale at £17.50, or they're sold online for around £10. Game packs on 50% off sales are £8. I can justify that price point for what I get out of it)

Basically to cost up, I've bought every expansion and game pack at a reduced price. As a general estimate I've probably spent around £14 per EP, thats a total of £126. I have 7 GPs at an average of £10 each. That's £70. So in total I've spent roughly £200 on Sims 4 over many years. If you shop around and only buy what you want it's really not that much money and I think I easily get 10 bucks worth out of the individual packs I bought.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Onverser wrote: »
    There's literally no reason to have everything.

Of course there is. I love the game and want it all. Not because of some completionist compulsion but because I actually enjoy playing. Just like I have everything from 1, 2, 3, TS2 store, and TS3 store.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on