Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 complete collection is currently $750, is it worth the price?

I was watching this interesting video from this person. She mentioned that the current price of TS4 with all EP, GP, SP (including star wars) is $750.

https://youtu.be/WDvV7OVBv0M

My question is, was it worth the price to have all DLCs?

And share your thoughts why it's worth it... or not!

The Sims 4 complete collection is currently $750, is it worth the price? 174 votes

Yes
27%
Frn0731IcewolfIceyJTheSpotted_CSimburianFigwitDOLLDRMS1elanorbretonsimgirl1010friendlysimmersstilljustme2LizzychicagoMissyHissysmurf45bluemordarlarelelunicyBabykittyjadepammiechickAnnLee87lasummerb 48 votes
No
72%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213GoldmoldarJoBass24uswinkeljohn78bandit5alexspoom13sims2freak737MartinvColorist40KorglyCamkatBreeNillasuetoopimhappyEvilWitch83sam123RoffeyGleshbabajayne 126 votes

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No
    Wow, I would rather have the money. The only 2 things I don't have is EL and Bauta (or whatever the star wars thing is). I plan on getting EL when it goes on a big sale.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    No
    As much as I enjoy the sims in an ideal world I don't think any game is worth that.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    No
    i have all the dlc for sims 4 but did not get on sale just brought some on cd keys which is cheaper than 750 for all
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Would pay 100 times over 😃 I'm really getting my money's worth based on how many long hours of fun i have with it almost daily. I spent about 700 for a vintage dollhouse one time so yea... 😅 same thing for me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Given the number of packs it was bound to get expensive over time, but I guess it comes down to how much enjoyment you get from it, how many hours you play and how expensive it is compared to other forms of entertainment. It bothers me that there are things still missing from the game, even after all the many packs released for it.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Would pay 100 times over 😃 I'm really getting my money's worth

Just curious, was The Sims 4 your first game or have you played older sims games? Either way, glad you're enjoying The Sims 4
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I just want to know where she's getting that figure from? I have every EP, all but 2 GP's, and at least 2/3 of the stuff packs--I'd estimate I paid roughly half of that, if not less. I guess maybe if you paid full price for everything? Even then, I'd be skeptical...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Yes
    Bought them all over the 6 plus years and have had my monies worth so far. Always something new to do in my worlds.
    edited October 2020
    I just want to know where she's getting that figure from? I have every EP, all but 2 GP's, and at least 2/3 of the stuff packs--I'd estimate I paid roughly half of that, if not less. I guess maybe if you paid full price for everything? Even then, I'd be skeptical...

She mentioned this as in full price games without sales. And maybe the currency is different (her currency is dollars)
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bought them all over the 6 plus years and have had my monies worth so far. Always something new to do in my worlds.

Glad you're enjoying the game! Also curious, have you played the older sims game?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2020
    No

If you buy all packs at release, then you have paid around that much for the game and all the dlc. It's pretty easy to see on steam, they have a list on their store page with all the dlc.

As for if $750 is worth it. Maybe if the game was complete in the beginning and did not have so many bugs, and if all their packs were good, but they are not, and we keep getting new bugs with every patch so no. I am still liking the sims4 but no way I would pay $750 for all packs.

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    no it's not, to me at least it's not worth it. i see the price and it's ridiculous.
    the value people gives to things is relative, but to me, ts4 ain't even worth the gb in my disk space lol.
    i've also seen many people wait for a sale but i think they're still expensive. of course not everybody buys the entire game, but at least what the sims team could've done is making a solid base game and few expansion packs, but they're just separating content into more and more packs. ea is just exploiting wealthy people and people who finds comfort buying and buying.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    For comparison sake, I think it's well over $1000 if you bought all the Sims 3 packs plus the Store content. I had it figured out one time but I've since forgotten.

It's likely most of us long-time Sims 4 players (those around since 2014/2015 or so) didn't lay out all that money at once. We spent it $10, $20 or $40 at a time, more or less (and I'm using US dollars since that's where I am). Maybe some of the packs we got on sale, or we got lucky and won a giveaway, or had a good friend who got the content for us.

Then you take into account how much you played with that content -- how much you used it -- and that's the enjoyment factor. Some packs will have more of an enjoyment factor than others. For example, I haven't really gotten into EL gameplay yet; I haven't had a family live in Evergreen Harbor nor have they dealt with Eco Footprints. But I've been using other aspects of EL like the dumpsters and recycling machines (I put dumpsters behind a lot of my venues, especially restaurants), and I just started getting into candle making. Since I love having Sims that craft things I think I'll get a lot of use out of the pack even if I don't spend much time in that particular world. Some packs have a greater enjoyment factor than others, and each person is going to have a differing view of each pack. For example, it's popular to trash the Star Wars pack, and I agree it's a niche product. But it's going to be a good place for my Geek Sims to go on vacation (maybe after university graduation), or maybe some of my more deviant Sims can go join the First Order before they go off into the Criminal career. B) So even if I just send a Sim there to pick up a souvenir lightsaber and droid, it will at least have some enjoyment factor.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    No
    I have purchased maybe one pack for full price. I have never been willing to pay more than $5 for any stuff pack except Moschino, and all of the Game and Expansion packs I have bought on sale or in a bundle. I have never understood people who pay full price and then complain it isn't worth it... like maybe once or twice but after a while learn to wait for a sale? They happen at least three times a year. I pay what I think they are worth or don't buy them at all.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Yes
    You are missing the "Other" option.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    No
    Definitely not worth its total, but many of us bought packs on deep discounts and didn’t pay that much.

With that said it’s probably still not worth its total, especially when compared to other games that require a lot of DLC investment, like CK2. At least that game was expanded upon in meaningful ways.
    Yes

Just curious, was The Sims 4 your first game or have you played older sims games? Either way, glad you're enjoying The Sims 4

I was too little to remember playing sims 2 very well but I did actively play sims 3. Couldn't play too well on my old laptop without crashes though so I recently brought it again for my new computer. It was and still is an AMAZING game. And I totally understand where people are coming from when they talk about what ts4 is lacking and how much content you got.

I agree with many things too but personally I am really enjoying ts4 for what it offers and the things it does better than the older games. I'm playing as I type this lol just took a break.
    Basically I'm looking at the glass half full instead of empty.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,573 Member
    Yes
    It wasn't 750 at one time and trust me my friends - my beer budget is a lot higher than my sims budget ;D
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    For comparison sake, I think it's well over $1000 if you bought all the Sims 3 packs plus the Store content. I had it figured out one time but I've since forgotten.

It's likely most of us long-time Sims 4 players (those around since 2014/2015 or so) didn't lay out all that money at once. We spent it $10, $20 or $40 at a time, more or less (and I'm using US dollars since that's where I am). Maybe some of the packs we got on sale, or we got lucky and won a giveaway, or had a good friend who got the content for us.

Then you take into account how much you played with that content -- how much you used it -- and that's the enjoyment factor. Some packs will have more of an enjoyment factor than others. For example, I haven't really gotten into EL gameplay yet; I haven't had a family live in Evergreen Harbor nor have they dealt with Eco Footprints. But I've been using other aspects of EL like the dumpsters and recycling machines (I put dumpsters behind a lot of my venues, especially restaurants), and I just started getting into candle making. Since I love having Sims that craft things I think I'll get a lot of use out of the pack even if I don't spend much time in that particular world. Some packs have a greater enjoyment factor than others, and each person is going to have a differing view of each pack. For example, it's popular to trash the Star Wars pack, and I agree it's a niche product. But it's going to be a good place for my Geek Sims to go on vacation (maybe after university graduation), or maybe some of my more deviant Sims can go join the First Order before they go off into the Criminal career. B) So even if I just send a Sim there to pick up a souvenir lightsaber and droid, it will at least have some enjoyment factor.

I really like the interactions you get for completing the first order. I use it for my cyber police sims. They can now go around in their home world checking I.D's and recruiting other police to the first order. (A few others I forgot) And when you do that they stand around like soldiers with a blaster in their hands. And I used the pollution from ecoliving to set the dark grimy steampunk city vibe with cyber police patrolling. Totally awesome 😁😁😁 I never go to Batu but I use everything it came with. Oh and don't forget the awesome saber fights.

Okay I don't know why that is censored... there were no bad words....
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yes
    It's cheap entertainment. $750/5500 hours played is less than 15 cents an hour. I have actually played 5538 hours! I don't even have to leave my house which is not recommended right now.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    It wasn't 750 at one time and trust me my friends - my beer budget is a lot higher than my sims budget ;D

I'm glad you have your priorities straight! I've had many beer-fueled TS4 episodes....
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Yes
    As I said the "other" option is missing, so my answer is Yes, then.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    I basically use it to build things that I can upload to the Gallery for other people to play with, so... no. If I enjoyed all the features of the game as much as I enjoy building, it might be, but that wasn't the question.

No.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    It is more than that especially if people have been purchasing it from the beginning. Over $800 now. For any gamer, I would recommend purchasing a new gaming computer over buying the full collection because buying a cheap computer and having games be worth than it makes me wonder if every electronic they own is maxed out in memory like their computers are. Sims 4 is not light in memory especially with all the DLC installed and pictures on top of that, so unless you are willing to invest with a 64 bit gaming computer, no purchasing the complete collection won't be worth it and will end up overclocking your system and breaking it over time. Also interesting GPs and SPs are labeled as microcontent in EA Desktop now which is fitting to market them like that.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No
    N.. Oh..
    ihavemultiplegamertags