Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS : THE ORIGINAL .. PLEASE READ EA TEAM!!

MaRiSimzMaRiSimz Posts: 26 Member
I'm not sure if The Sims game producers read these forums but I sure hope they do!

EA!! Why not allow us to download the original THE SIMS -- where it all began back in 2000 ???
That game is gold and it's the key point to your legacy!!!

Why not keep the memory alive by keeping the game as a playable game?

I've personally been dedicated to the game since day one in 2000!!!

I've purchased ALL of the content that you guys have put out from The Sims down through to the current The Sims 4 !!
Us day ones would LOVE this and as loyal fans we deserve a way to play!!

I have a pc with CD rom but as most of us, am using windows 10 and the game installs, but it just will not run AT ALL!!

Please help EA !!! Make your loyal fans happy and allow a download for the game with a windows 10 conversion !!

Sincerely yours with love,
A DAY ONE fan !!! <3
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope they do especially when switching to EA Desktop. I want them to make Sims 2 playable again too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Not gonna happen--video game companies only care about their latest release. Plus it would cost them a small fortune to make that game run on today's pc's, and they would not get a return on their investment
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Not gonna happen--video game companies only care about their latest release. Plus it would cost them a small fortune to make that game run on today's pc's, and they would not get a return on their investment

I would love it, never got a chance to play it, but I’m afraid this pretty much sums it up...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I want this. Eleventy trillion percent. It’s my favourite game of the entire series!
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Great idea! I wish there was an option to play the sims 2 as well! I started at ts3 but 2 sounds amazing. I contacted support a while back about where I could find it but no such luck! Would be great to be able to play all of them
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    They could release it on GOG, GOG provide abilities for custom patches to make it run well on modern machines,

I bought Fallout 3 on there and it ran on Windows 10 as soon as I install it(because it already has custom patches included)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The original sims is a bit too outdated for my tastes, the entire box set sits on my desk shelf looking pretty though :)

I would absolutely love a sims 2 version that can play on Windows 10. I have read about work-arounds for it, but never managed to get it to go properly on my PC since I switched from Windows 7.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Not entirely true though. There's a lot of original games over at GOG and EA could put TS1 and TS2 over there. I've bought and been able to play all the original Warcrafts and Diablo and those were around the same times as these games. EA just doesn't seem to want too, so while EA might only care about their latest games, there's a lot over at GOG who do care about their originals. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    They could do it if they wanted to do it. All they have to do is remove the SafeDisc copy protection from the coding which is on the CDs. Replace with Origin DRM. MS updated Windows 7 and built Windows 10 not to allow those type cds to run on any system with the Windows 7 patch and totally omitted the ability in Windows 10. ETA: MS claims the software allows a vunerablity in a system as a security risk. But we know it's because MS wants all software to be apps/DLC to data mine. As DLC that would not be a problem. Origin gives away a lot of old games so they can data mine your personal info shared with third party companies. That's how they make money on free games, so it's just a matter if they want to offer that game for free or not, and if the data mining would pay off.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member

This isn't strictly true. Remastering seems quite popular recently. Even EA has had a go 🤔
    The original sims is a bit too outdated for my tastes, the entire box set sits on my desk shelf looking pretty though :)

I would absolutely love a sims 2 version that can play on Windows 10. I have read about work-arounds for it, but never managed to get it to go properly on my PC since I switched from Windows 7.

I'm on your "side". Remastered TS2 with all Expansions would be it for me 👍🏼
  • MaRiSimzMaRiSimz Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you all for responding!!!
    I'm so happy to know I'm not alone..
    All of the original CDs (which I have) no longer work!!!
    I would also LOVE sims 2 as well!!!! 1 &2 were the BEST in terms of game play..
    I haven't heard of GOG before I wonder why EA hasn't signed over the rights then so people could play 😩

For me, with sims 3 & 4 .. I miss the whole VACATION pack I used to love that!
    Now its adventures 😒 which is cool... but not the same at all!
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I mean, even Starcraft in its original release is free to download despite the normally greedy Activision holding rights to it. I'd love to see The Sims 1 going free to download.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • MaRiSimzMaRiSimz Posts: 26 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I hope they do especially when switching to EA Desktop. I want them to make Sims 2 playable again too.

This would be AMAZING if they put ALL of the versions accessible on EA desktop!!!

Honestly I'm a sucker and would just REPAY for the games if I HAD to 😩
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah, that would be fun. I do have the complete original game, but it doesn't like my new computer
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I play Sims 2 The Ultimate Collection on Windows 10 with no problems.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    for me as a player i find the sims1 and sims2 outdated and you can also find the sims1 now on my abandonwear same for the sims2 i think
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Shae wrote: »
    I play Sims 2 The Ultimate Collection on Windows 10 with no problems.

Lucky you! I missed out on getting this and it's no longer available so a lot of us are just stuffed. :'(

It would be nice if they would just make it available.
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I mean, even Starcraft in its original release is free to download despite the normally greedy Activision holding rights to it. I'd love to see The Sims 1 going free to download.

You are right! It would be fantastic to see EA do the same thing with TS1. I'd pay for it but I'd obviously like free better!
    Origin ID: Peapod79