Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing I will never get over...

Is when my pregnant sim goes into labor and even if I take control of her husband and click "take her to the hospital" she is the one that ends up driving! I am just picturing the conversation being like:

Him: "Honey you are in labor perhaps I should dri-"
Her: "Shut up and get in!"

tenor.gif
tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I agree. And then they take a taxi home, even though the father could drive.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    :D:D
    Or when the soon-to-be-mummy hops on her bike and rides to hospital..... :o

And stops off at a dance club and then a bowling alley for a quick game and a snack along the way because they still have plenty of time. (I might be just imagining these things...) :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I agree. And then they take a taxi home, even though the father could drive.

lol yep that's what happened in my game. The pregnant wife hopped in the ol clunker of a car. Husband who I had clicked and said "take to hospital" got in as passenger. Rode to the hospital and accompanied her inside. When they emerged with their baby boy, he's all "okay let me dri-" she said "Nope I'd rather take a taxi. Come"

XD
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    My sim gave birth to twins a few days ago. She drove herself to hospital and left the husband behind. He had to follow in a taxi. :D
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sim gave birth to twins a few days ago. She drove herself to hospital and left the husband behind. He had to follow in a taxi. :D

wow talk about putting him into a dog house
    "You messed up big time. I will meet you at the hospital. No witnessing your child birth in the delivery room for you!"
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    It bothers me too. :persevere:
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I once had a laboring sim who had a choice between her husband's motorcycle and the family car. She chose the motorcycle. :D
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    my game is slightly broke so i don't play 3 as much anymore but once my female sim went in to labor and my male sim went all the way home from work to get her. which is sweet but a little crazy. he worked at the hospital so he was there already.
    my game is slightly broke so i don't play 3 as much anymore but once my female sim went in to labor and my male sim went all the way home from work to get her. which is sweet but a little crazy. he worked at the hospital so he was there already.

I found nraas mods have done a ton to fix the game so it doesn't break. You could try installing its patches to the game and could potentially repair your game.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I laughed too much at work reading all these posts, anyway the husband always drove in my game, but after the spouse gave birth they always take a taxi indeed.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Reading these makes me realize home birth is the ONLY way to go! Home births also give an immediate relationship boost between the baby and the "mother". Only males have babies in my game, hence the quotes :D
    49845444812_93a900ec11_o.jpg
    49845139746_f4d568da05_o.jpg

I do vaguely remember a couple going to the hospital in my early days of simming but that wasn't by choice - my sims up and left and I couldn't cancel it :unamused: I have read other horror stories about sims going into the hospital to give birth who keep popping out babies one after the other until the game crashes :confounded:

I didn’t know they could have a baby at home. I think I will have my sims do that next time they have a baby.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Reading these makes me realize home birth is the ONLY way to go! Home births also give an immediate relationship boost between the baby and the "mother". Only males have babies in my game, hence the quotes :D
    49845444812_93a900ec11_o.jpg
    49845139746_f4d568da05_o.jpg

I do vaguely remember a couple going to the hospital in my early days of simming but that wasn't by choice - my sims up and left and I couldn't cancel it :unamused: I have read other horror stories about sims going into the hospital to give birth who keep popping out babies one after the other until the game crashes :confounded:

Why is he looks so familiar..

is he an Ian Somerhalder sims?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @izecson That's Eddy Mullis from the university world.

He...did something with his hair or someone introduced him to a bottle of conditioner? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2020
    @igazor It's amazing the difference conditioner makes! I remember the early 60s when we got our first bottle of Tame. We were either too poor to buy conditioner or it didn't exist in Australia before then (we were always a few years behind the rest of the world back then). No more sitting (and crying) while my mother tortured us getting the tangles out!

@izecson I have made an Ian Somerhalder sim and I can see a slight likeness to my version of Eddy Mullis!
    49426967461_70230c918c_o.jpg
    He really does look a bit like Ian Somerhalder. I definitely see the resemblance in the screenshot above.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    This has never bothered me. Depending on the stage of labor and spacing of contractions, a person can still do many things normally. So if a Sim is driving herself, I just assume she is “in early labor” and feeling well enough to do so. Or he, in the case of pregnant male Sims. I’m more annoyed by couples going home in separate vehicles afterwards.

That said, the vast majority of my Sims have home births.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Sometimes, I hide the cars so that they can only use taxis. XD
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

I've only had my sims give birth in the game a couple of times, once at the hospital and one at home birth. When I did the at home birth, I had set up some pictures of my Simself over at the medical clinic that I had built across the street from their house so that I could use the pose player and the "going in labor" poses that I got from MTS. On the day that she did have her son, she had it outside in her and her boyfriend's front yard.

This here is my pictures of the clinic that I've made. Because I didn't want other Sims coming into the clinic while I was setting up my poses, I made it a residence and put the mailbox behind the building and only had my SS, her boyfriend and 3 other Sims that I had created to be the receptionist at the front desk, a desk clerk, the doctor and her nurse... :)
    As you will see that I had used TS4 items converted for TS3 into my clinic... :)
    HUIXreVl.jpg
    0cj6aUil.jpg
    Bj64XLYl.jpg
    ld1AFoNl.jpg
    BLyulUel.jpg
    Gm8bla7l.jpg
    RP9Z4GRl.jpg
    y5Nyzsgl.jpg
    50FnsJ6l.jpg

And here is a picture of my SS going into labor. She had been dancing with her boyfriend as I didn't want her to be out and about on the town when she went into labor... :)
    kyn2SO3l.jpg

And these pictures will be the pose player poses that I had done a few days before she went into labor to give it somewhat of a realistic feel... :)
    Her boyfriend pushing her in a wheel chair into the clinic... :)
    SghdnE4l.jpg
    KLoont9l.jpg

Donny, her bf approaching the desk to have her checked into the clinic... :)
    MBFGrmNl.jpg
    CA0KZVsl.jpg

Donny and Lisa waiting to be called back to an exam room... :)
    Ji6Fnuhl.jpg

Donny pushing Lisa into the exam room... :)
    5dWyPrEl.jpg

The doctor telling Lisa to change out of her clothes and into the gown that's laying on the bed... :)
    nyqpHzDl.jpg

Lisa waiting for the doctor and the nurse to leave before changing her clothes... :)
    J1WlPhzl.jpg
    dGOXUGtl.jpg

Donny is sitting by her side waiting for the doctor and the nurse to return to help Lisa give birth... :)
    WwFooXJl.jpg

Lisa having a contraction... :)
    Djfkvk2l.jpg

Donny getting excited that Lisa is about ready to give birth... :)
    LINkl1xl.jpg

I thought this picture was pretty cute as the doctor was putting her hands on her stomach like she was pregnant or something. And yes, she did that on her own as that wasn't a part of the poses.. :)
    dX7AV2Zl.jpg

Here is Donny telling Lisa that she can do it while the nurse is helping Lisa sit up and the doctor telling her to push. And yes, the doctor made that face all on her own as well as it's not part of the pose set... :)
    sF5jhQal.jpg
    jeYkkawl.jpg

After she gave birth to a son... :)
    7fMgRkHl.jpg
    oDh99PYl.jpg

Being pushed out of the clinic to go across the street to their home... :)
    ryqzHzQl.jpg

Sorry for the picture spam which is why I had put them in a spoiler so that they wouldn't take up the whole page... :)
    Heh wish we could see actual birthing in sims 3. But hey I am pretty happy to take my sim to the hospital to give birth. Just is kinda funny seeing the one in labor doing all the driving even if it is the hubby who is supposed to take her to the hospital XD
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i just remembered i had a male sim go to the hospital but he forgot to take his in labor wife.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    It doesn´t really bother me... mostly it´s highly entertaining.

The majority of my sims have their babies at home, but the dad wasn´t living in the household, so she went to the hospital to meet him there. Let´s just say, there were other methods of transportation available. She chose this one.

Screenshot-x1465.jpg
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    A miracle happened in my game!
    Screenshot-15.jpg

The husband actually drove the wife to the hospital! I think I figured out why too. I set her prefered vehicle to be her scooter bike. And his is the car.