Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No rumors, Guru teasers, leaks or anything regardin the next DLC?

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited October 2020
    Just something to bridge the gap. The Patch tomorrow, a couple of new Cas items and those murals, tables, chairs, grills with new recipes ... and the pergola which I will certainly find useful.

Was that a new platform they gave us too or just something to put the pergola on?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Was that a new platform they gave us too or just something to put the pergola on?

That's just the regular foundation tool on the lowest height.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    He's still redacted I see... I wonder what it is

The Next Expansion Pack is why he's still redacted.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Just something to bridge the gap. The Patch tomorrow, a couple of new Cas items and those murals, tables, chairs, grills with new recipes ... and the pergola which I will certainly find useful.

And 2 new songs on the popular station one is called Chocolate.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Chocolate, huh? Aren't the Swiss known for chocolate?

Swiss Alps world confirmed!!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wow, this update looks awesome! <3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

Chocolate, huh? Aren't the Swiss known for chocolate?

Swiss Alps world confirmed!!

Maybe, but you could alway take your choice too of the countries where the cocoa bean is grown for it! West Africa is where it is most grown now though it originally comes from South American countries, Brazil mostly.

I suggested in "Ideas" some time ago that a hot drink of cocoa could be used for giving to and reviving freezing Sims, not in a group, at festivals to stop them dying so maybe they have used it for a cold world. I'd love that but doubt it.

We used to have an advert in the UK of a person going home in the snow with the mantra,"Hot chocolate, drinking chocolate" all the way through, to them drinking it and eventual Aaaaah! I still tend to use it going home in the cold. :D<3
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I'm guessing all of the food posts were a hint for the new food items we got with the October patch. Or it was just a luckily timed coincidence...?

I agree with Simburian chocolate is likely a reference to South America. If I remember correctly, Europeans took chocolate back to Europe after consuming it in South America. Just a little side note, Mexican hot chocolate is so freaking good.

I'm sad that we still have no hints (that we know of) for the upcoming EP. We're also possibly getting another stuff pack, and I'm wondering which one we'll learn about first now.
    George is still posting food, and I don't think this is related to the October patch. Maybe with the October patch foods they tried to see how enthusiastic people are for new foods and the next EP is indeed food related?

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    George is still posting food, and I don't think this is related to the October patch. Maybe with the October patch foods they tried to see how enthusiastic people are for new foods and the next EP is indeed food related?

Is it possible that Favorites Feature will return at the same time?
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns

Is it possible that Favorites Feature will return at the same time?

That would be amazing! Hope it includes more than just foods. :)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I really hope this isn’t a Dining Reality Show/ Cooking Game Show pack. We have enough dining and food related stuff in the game already, we don’t need more. I think it would also count as something nobody asked for.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I think all the hints are moving toward the reality cooking show. I wouldn't mind that at all but I know it's not a popular theme. :/
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    It's interesting that he called it a 'Poppy Seed Role' when it is infact roll. Intentional typo perhaps? The word role goes hand in hand with either the Reality theme or the Showtime theme that has been rumoured.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    It's interesting that he called it a 'Poppy Seed Role' when it is infact roll. Intentional typo perhaps? The word role goes hand in hand with either the Reality theme or the Showtime theme that has been rumoured.

I just figured it was a typo when I read that, my fingers often work faster than my brain when typing and I've made very similar grammar errors when replying or creating a post (as a matter of fact, in a recent discussion I typed "hole" instead of "whole" and didn't notice it until the next day.

So I'm not real sure that's a hint, now if he had put that word in quotation marks, I would be more apt to believe it was a deliberate play on words.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think a reality show pack could be very interesting. I just hope it's not only food related. I want big brother, bachelor and all that. Cooking reality show is not enough for an EP.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I think a reality show pack could be very interesting. I just hope it's not only food related. I want big brother, bachelor and all that. Cooking reality show is not enough for an EP.

As long as it actually adds features that will improve the base game (attraction, favorites, a hobby system), I'd be down for it.

However, if it's just reskinned objects, recycled animations and no new gameplay (aka. Island Living), then count me out.
    Unfortunately, I suspect it would be the second option, seeing as how slim The Sims budget is :(
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    Deleted: wrong topic
  • DestinycrowDestinycrow Posts: 36 Member
    Ooo, a cooking reality TV show might be good. I'll wait and see if I can at least partially recreate Cutthroat kitchen in it, though...
    But a regular reality TV show pack? Nah.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Honestly... I’m kinda of surprised there hasn’t been a single leak about the next expansion. Have they actually kept it a secret?
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Honestly... I’m kinda of surprised there hasn’t been a single leak about the next expansion. Have they actually kept it a secret?

Probably because they know it might not be well received. Assuming it’s another pack no one has ever mentioned or wanted.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member

I agree! They dont have to focus on the reality aspect and the fame. The theme could be game competition in general and dramatic relationships (such as being angry with someone specific or in love, jealous etc)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I can’t stand the wait anymore! Just let my hopes down already!!!
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I can’t stand the wait anymore! Just let my hopes down already!!!

Same. I need something to look forward to and I'm ready to put up my Next Official Countdown Thread.

I'm ready for a count down thread to
    more for sim kids and more drama please