Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since latest update No Mods will load. I will finish with the Sims if not fixed.

Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
edited October 2020 in Mods Bugs & Issues
Since the latest update even after ticking the Mods in settings, every time I re-start Sims4 the Mods are still disabled. If this cant be fixed I will have to stop playing the Sims. Some mods were my own creation. Sick to death of updates upsetting game settings, in other games and apps too.
Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I took out the only 2 mods I use (MCCC and one to make vampire weakness optional) before patch ( since I finally did last one figured I may as well get this too even if I haven't been playing) did repair like always, readded my 2 mods rechecked to allow them saved changes logged out even restarted laptop, and neither of mine will even show up as being there either. I even logged into a game ( only have 2 saves anymore on this laptop, mine doesn't work atm) save I had to double check and nope, no MCCC options. Has anyone gotten any mods to show back up in game after this patch yesterday? Sorry about yours, there are too many that are used to fix game issues, I hope mods can still be used its not really so playable, especially if you have all packs, without some if them
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2020
    Crinrict made a post about this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/09/changing-the-options-doesnt-stick/ you need to remove your options.ini file so that the game will generate a new one, then the game will able to save your settings.
    logion wrote: »
    Crinrict made a post about this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/09/changing-the-options-doesnt-stick/ you need to remove your options.ini file so that the game will generate a new one, then the game will able to save your settings.

Thank you so much, sorry I missed this elsewhere, going to do this now and I really appreciate you posting this so very much.

I tried this more than once, even took pics of the steps this last time and it is still not allowing mine to enable, and it is still reverting all of my settings back to different than I need them
    edited October 2020
    smurfy77 wrote: »

I tried this more than once, even took pics of the steps this last time and it is still not allowing mine to enable, and it is still reverting all of my settings back to different than I need them

I read somewhere, I can't remember where...that it could be your security settings. This is difficult to explain, especially since I am not a native english speaker, but if you are on windows, can you right click on the options.ini file, go to properties and then go to the security tab? You should have allow for all the users that are listed there, if you don't then you need to re enable it by going to edit.

Also, make sure that you don't have any files in your configoverride folder.

Apperantly, avast antivirus could be the cause as well, according to crinricts twitter.

I read somewhere, I can't remember where...that it could be your security settings. This is difficult to explain, especially since I am not a native english speaker, but if you are on windows, can you right click on the options.ini file, go to properties and then go to the security tab? You should have allow for all the users that are listed there, if you don't then you need to re enable it by going to edit.

Apperantly, avast antivirus could be the cause as well, according to crinricts twitter.

Thank you and you do a great job with English btw :smile: I will try this, i actually use Webroot but will try I thank you so much for trying to help me. My gaming laptop has struggled to work and Ive been trying to use my husbands 10 year old Asus but it was playing it and mods any CC if I wanted ( EL disabled for now) and I almost cried thinking after my husband already did a whole reset on mine and I lost all of my work, all my games, that I wasnt gonna be able to at least play on his. Will see if this works, thank you again! You are very nice to try to help me, thank you
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    My mods are working fine but have you ever considered on moving your mods folder to the desktop before you open origin to update your game then after the update is finished replacing your mods folder back into the Sims 4 folder?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

It still will not work on my husbands computer, I dont know what happened because I had been able to play the game (with the exception of EL as I have disabled) until that patch yesterday, really frustrating because I guess now I lose all of those games now since it will not let me keep my settings as I put them. My Omen gaming one (the one that was losing charge tho plugged in and crashing if I tried to play a game) seems to be keeping the Mods and Settings, so I guess its just something I have to figure out with my husbands laptop and find out why his wont, thank you so much for all of your help, it worked on the one, just not the other so thats a computer issue, thank you! Have a great nite!
    BMSO wrote: »
    My mods are working fine but have you ever considered on moving your mods folder to the desktop before you open origin to update your game then after the update is finished replacing your mods folder back into the Sims 4 folder?

Yeah went thru a year of doing that before my laptop started having issues, didn't gave any on my husbands until yesterdays patch, thank you
    Here is a post that worked from one user on Answer HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-activate-my-mods-after-new-update/m-p/9560277#M190494

Repairing the game did not the trick. But I realized that the GameVersion file in my Documents folder were not the same as the real game version.
    If you have the same problem, check in Documents>ElectronicArts>TheSims4 et find the GameVersion file. Open it, and see what number is written.
    Open you game. Check at the bottom of the home page of your game. If the game versions are different, change the one in the file you opened just before for it to match the one written in your game.
    Here is a post that worked from one user on Answer HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-activate-my-mods-after-new-update/m-p/9560277#M190494

Repairing the game did not the trick. But I realized that the GameVersion file in my Documents folder were not the same as the real game version.
    If you have the same problem, check in Documents>ElectronicArts>TheSims4 et find the GameVersion file. Open it, and see what number is written.
    Open you game. Check at the bottom of the home page of your game. If the game versions are different, change the one in the file you opened just before for it to match the one written in your game.

Thank you so much!!! I finally got a chance to try this on my husbands laptop, and tho I had done this patch and the previous ones it was actually a totally different Game Version Number in the documents than what the game said. It is now registering not just mods but saving settings. I cannot thank you enough!!!!!!!
  • TroliTroli Posts: 10 New Member
    I am having trouble enabling my mods after this stupid update. Every time when I enable my cc, save it, restart my game, it still doesn't appear in my game I know what to do with script mods but I just want to know how do I get my mods back because I really don't want to delete my mods folder. Also I play on windows 10.
  • MacyStarMoonMacyStarMoon Posts: 52 Member
    this problem happen again after the latest update today.i am going to stop playing the sims until it is fixed.
  • Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member

I have tried this by deleting the options.ini and changing the line in the file, but this time it makes no difference, still mods disabled.

I have tried this by deleting the options.ini and changing the line in the file, but this time it makes no difference, still mods disabled.

Here are some other suggestions that have worked for people:

Try a game repair (origin>right click on the game in your game library>repair)
    Check to make sure that you have full access to your user folder and that your antivirus is not blocking your changes. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
    Check to make sure that you don't have incompatible mods, try the 50/50 method where you move your mods away from your mods folder in order to find the one or several ones that need updating.
  • Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    I take back blaming EA for the Mods problem. It was AVG Anti-Virus, blocking the Users/Documents folder. In AVG settings I included an exception for the Documents Folder. I have allowed as safe the 2 Sims4 exe files, Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4. Corrected GameVersion. txt file. All mods are back, and have to re-mod Sims and Objects, bit annoying. Why is it AVG, and not other Anti Virus Apps?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I take back blaming EA for the Mods problem. It was AVG Anti-Virus, blocking the Users/Documents folder. In AVG settings I included an exception for the Documents Folder. I have allowed as safe the 2 Sims4 exe files, Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4. Corrected GameVersion. txt file. All mods are back, and have to re-mod Sims and Objects, bit annoying. Why is it AVG, and not other Anti Virus Apps?

Other Simmers have said that Avast is doing it too.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • crybabybullycrybabybully Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, can someone help me? I'm having an issue with my mods where only the ones that were in zip folders and then unzipped are showing in my game, none of my others (mainly .package, one .exe) are showing at all and it's really frustrating :(
  • crybabybullycrybabybully Posts: 2 New Member
    > @crybabybully said:
    > Hey, can someone help me? I'm having an issue with my mods where only the ones that were in zip folders and then unzipped are showing in my game, none of my others (mainly .package, one .exe) are showing at all and it's really frustrating :(

Also, if it helps, I'm currently using a MacBook Pro laptop.
  • TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    > @crybabybully said:
    > > @crybabybully said:
    > > Hey, can someone help me? I'm having an issue with my mods where only the ones that were in zip folders and then unzipped are showing in my game, none of my others (mainly .package, one .exe) are showing at all and it's really frustrating :(
    >
    > Also, if it helps, I'm currently using a MacBook Pro laptop.

1. TS4SCRIPTs cannot be no more than ONE subfolder deep. That means that TS4SCRIPTs can only be placed in Mods and Mods/(Name of any folder directly under Mod. (i.e. [Mods/Script] will work but [Mods/Override Mods/ModName] will not work)

2. All mod packages can be no more than 5 subfolders deep from the Mods folder (Default Rrsource.cfg)

Make sure you check where mods are located.
  • TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Also, I don't think any forms of.exe are mods, I'd highly recommend you move/remove them from the Mods folder.