Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone have home-schooled Sims?

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
Are your Sims homeschooled? Please consider sharing which mods you may have used and your experience.

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited October 2020
    I oopsed, anyway the mod is by Triplis, and it's Child or Teen can Quit or Rejoin School.
    There's also one for teens working adult jobs if they drop out of high school, get a jump start on a career if they want to.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    That’s a good point @Nushnushganay, but how do you do it?
    I don't think I'm allowed to link to Triplis' mod on that, but it's install-and-go. As for the actual way it's done in game? They can still do homework (at least, they could last time I tried it) in a gradeschool or high school textbook if they have one (or they can buy one in the bookshelf), go to the libraries, parks and playgrounds, work on the science or art table, perfect their violin or piano or other skills beyond their childhood aspirations (if they have completed all of those), and do things with friends and family. The only difference is their whole day isn't just...gone, without anything to show for it.

KawaiiStacie has an improved school mod also to make school actually count toward skills and such, but I haven't tried it. And I think there's a mod out there for a school you can actually accompany your kid sims to.

Hoping that answers the question of how homeschooling works. It's life, complete with skills and hobbies, with studying being something you do or have them do, as part of life.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited October 2020
    Thank you @Nushnushganay. I did a google and found what I think is the main Triplis page. Some of it is rather intriguing.
    Do your Sims have a ‘grade’ when they quit school? What I am especially interested in is the function of the homework for you. Does it count towards a grade, or just responsibility (from parenthood) and general realism?

I also have a vague feeling MCCC has similar can quit school functionality (if anyone knows?)
  • Dragon_KweenDragon_Kween Posts: 43 Member
    I had a peek, and the looks of things you can? I'm just unsure how it functions because I've never used it. It's under career cheats in the cheats tab.
    Cool story, needs more dragons - Cries in baguette

I have to go playtest this again now, because I just checked and my Sim kid has a homework book, but "do homework" isn't an option. It used to be. But then, I did just add a bunch of other mods at once (never a good idea) and my game is acting glitchy in some saves, so I may need to go through and remove everything to the desktop except the Quit or Join School one, and see how it functions then.

I'll check about the grades thing while I'm at it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    okay, so it looks like being able to do homework isn't available for Quit or Join School, regardless of whether that's a new thing, that's what it appears to be. I tried KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life for the phone interaction of "study at school" with the child not enrolled in school, and the child leaves the lot to a rabbithole and comes back a few hours later, with nothing I could see having changed.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Thank you for coming back to me @Nushnushganay. This is helpful.