Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes in build mode

Everytime I go in build mode on my mac I just click on an icon to build a pool or a basement and my game crashes. what am i supposed to do?

Comments

• TreasureIrelandTreasureIreland Posts: 16 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I also have this issue, is there a fix?

• BizkitBizkit Posts: 94
    edited February 2010
    In order to help you further we will need info about your system setup.

For Windows Vista
    1. Click on Start
    2. Type dxdiag into the search box
    3. Hit ENTER
    4. Wait for the report to generate then click "Save all info"
    5. Save it to your desktop
    6. Open the file then copy the whole thing
    7. Paste it into here.

For Windows XP Users
    1. Click Start
    2. Click Run
    3. Complete steps 2-7 above.

The report will be very long but we need to see all of it to see what may be causing this problem.
  • TreasureIrelandTreasureIreland Posts: 16 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Bizkit wrote:
    In order to help you further we will need info about your system setup.

For Windows Vista
    1. Click on Start
    2. Type dxdiag into the search box
    3. Hit ENTER
    4. Wait for the report to generate then click "Save all info"
    5. Save it to your desktop
    6. Open the file then copy the whole thing
    7. Paste it into here.

For Windows XP Users
    1. Click Start
    2. Click Run
    3. Complete steps 2-7 above.

The report will be very long but we need to see all of it to see what may be causing this problem.

It seems we are both Mac users, what do we do in this instance?

Thanks.
  • BizkitBizkit Posts: 94
    edited February 2010
    I'm sorry, I have no mac experience so I cannot answer that - Perhaps somebody else will be able to help you :) I'm sure somebody will come along who knows about macs soon :)
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi,

Instructions for obtaining a system profile report of your Mac hardware can be found here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/9393.page

Once you have the report, you can copy and paste it into this thread. Also, have you ever installed any mods, third party custom content, or items from the Exchange? Which Sims 3 games do you have installed currently? What version? And does the issue occur when starting a brand new game as in a brand new town?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Nasse85Nasse85 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2010
    we have the same problems but we found out that you if you already have a house on the lot you can not build pool or basement then the game will crash, basement or pool must be build before the house
  • TheodorableLTheodorableL Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a brand new MacBook pro and it is the third computer I have tried to run the sims 4 on but there are to bugs with bild mode one if I create an enclosed room ex: I will have to remove the ceiling a wall or mess around with the roof too it technically dosed cover the house or if the all mighty sims gods want to be nice to me rooms and floor tiles will hunt invisible letting me see in to the Abis or if its the second floor the one below it do you guys know what's up (I not that the date is from 2010 and I hope it just got it wrong or else this has to be a sims three thing) I also recorded the whole thing so if your interested I can show it to you
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    @TheodorableL - This is the TS3 section of the forum, this thread really was about TS3 for Mac, and was indeed from over ten years ago. For technical help with TS4 for Mac, the best place to turn would be EA's Answers.HQ board for TS4 as the TS4 tech and bug report boards on this forum have all been archived/made Read Only.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TheodorableLTheodorableL Posts: 2 New Member
    I know I realized just after I posted that