Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Latest Patch Rant

There are two things that folks think were bugs that weren't an issue:
  1. You pay your new bills, all the new bills, keep track of all the bills. We think you can do it. So, hope you like this update too as we have adjusted Lot Taxes to be more appropriate per Lot.
  2. Had a good talk with Sims that had neglected their duties with their Toddlers. They can go back to Potty Training and Read to Sleep to their little angels.

Lot Taxes were not an issue for me. I was really annoyed with the fact that the game taxed you for every thing you purchased in perpetuity. Yes a larger lot should pay more than a smaller house, but I shouldn't pay 8,000 per week because I have more stuff in an smaller house. Sheesh - I could've lived with this "bug" - what I can't live with are the gardening bugs and the rummage trash bugs WHICH were not fixed!

Also the potty training thing, wasn't a "bug" either. They got parenting skills, the kid got potty trained and the sim could move on to something else. No need to sit there listening to potty noises for hours.

Other things not fixed - bugs with clubs and planning events with club members in attendance that causes the game to crash to the desktop.

So basically, I still cannot play any of my saves because they didn't fix any of those bugs

grumble grumble
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I have not updated my game since the patch after Eco Lifestyle comes out. It seems that the bugs in the game are getting worst and worst :((. Since EP10 is around the corner, my expectation is like all of the other Mega Bug Fix Patches that we got every year, it is going to come with the pre-ep patch this november
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I have not updated my game since the patch after Eco Lifestyle comes out. It seems that the bugs in the game are getting worst and worst :((. Since EP10 is around the corner, my expectation is like all of the other Mega Bug Fix Patches that we got every year, it is going to come with the pre-ep patch this november

What is EP10 ???
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    In my game, the bills bug caused exactly what you said, small houses and mansions were paying the same, so i considered it a bug and was glad it was fixed, but i hope they look into your issue with taxes and items in small lots. I agree with you about other things too, and i also have club bugs but idk when are those getting fixed, it seems like not many reported having them. I got rid of all the social clubs in my game anyway, my sims were getting bored too often if i dont hold a gathering regularly and i dont like that. I want to play them whenever i feel like it and not be forced to hold a gathering just because.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    Well I for one am very pleased to see that these things are fixed. Hopefully they will get to the gardening bug and fix the N.A.P’s soon as well.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

What is EP10 ???

@catmando830 we don't know yet. On September 3rd SimGuruLyndsay said they would be sharing info on EP 10 in just a matter of weeks. So hopefully we'll hear something soon.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    im glad the taxes are fixed. My sims were paying like 600 and living in a mansion.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I am glad bills were fixed, I struggle as it is to find things for my sims to spend money on. Im happy sims can teach children how to potty again, the great thing about that is you can have your sim walk off and the toddler will stay on the potty, so no real harm done as you can choose whether or not to teach them.

I definitely agree with you about gardening and stuff though, the game is riddled with horrible bugs and it doesn’t look like a fix is coming any time soon because there are so many things they are focusing on
  • SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    I was so annoyed today when I was playing and my sims bills were $10,000. The thing that frustrates me with this game is that it’s always one or the other, there’s rarely any balance.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I agree @SimsSlay. That is one thing they could've left broken. So it looks like they increased bills instead of making them realistic.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I liked the lower taxes too, that said, I also like the Motherlode cheat a lot, so it's not going to count either way in my game if my Sims get taxed too much, I'm going to just motherlode them up. I read the OP's rant and thought I agree entirely, taxes should depend on lot size rather than things on the lot now that we have a water/electric system in game. Lets face it, in rl the rich don't pay enough bills, half of them are in tax havens and the other half dodging taxes, so for me the low tax system really reflected the current climate. I hadn't realized it was a bug lol
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Oh crap, they fixed the bills bug? Guess that means my sims are gonna freeze/overheat in the house again.

I've also encountered lag for the first time since this patch. Any tips?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I never noticed anything buggy about bills and toddlers. They’re not important in my gameplay.
    Of course I’m happy that the bugs related to these are fixed for those who notice the difference!

I did install the new update, but didn’t get a chance to run the game yet.
    The garden and the nano can were an issue. If that’s not fixed, I hope it will be soon.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

This may help:
    https://www.srslysims.net/2019/05/simulation-lag-fix.html
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

This may help:
    https://www.srslysims.net/2019/05/simulation-lag-fix.html

See when I see something like this I think why can't the Sims team recreate this? Or why can't they contact the modder and be like hey... How did you do that lol.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Well I for one am very pleased to see that these things are fixed. Hopefully they will get to the gardening bug and fix the N.A.P’s soon as well.
    That gardening bug is annoying. I was really hoping they would patch the NAP to be a placeable item only.

I do know about those bugs from the OP too. Bug report forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm glad the bills are a little bit more realistic again. I remember being annoyed by getting higher bills the more stuff I had, but I prefer that rather than getting symbolic sums to pay for a huge lot, which made no sense. :)
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    I have a problem, each time I send my sims to a skill, for example robotics; he instantly leaves it and tries to do another random thing, like clay or just a random skill.

The problem persists after ocotber 6 patch. I have all N.A.Ps disabled and don't know what to do.. Can't play correctly.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I haven't patched yet. Waiting for all of the mods I use to be compatible. Getting close. Waiting on word for two more. Of course, they're the essential ones. LOL Until then, I shall play offline. Bad thing is it means accessing the Gallery hard, but another player may well have given me the perfect workaround for that. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I disagree. Potty training and read to sleep were VERY much broken to me. With that said I must agree that there are STILL bugs that are NOT fixed. Keep your skintones and give me fixes, please thank you.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    There are two things that folks think were bugs that weren't an issue:
    1. You pay your new bills, all the new bills, keep track of all the bills. We think you can do it. So, hope you like this update too as we have adjusted Lot Taxes to be more appropriate per Lot.
    2. Had a good talk with Sims that had neglected their duties with their Toddlers. They can go back to Potty Training and Read to Sleep to their little angels.

Lot Taxes were not an issue for me. I was really annoyed with the fact that the game taxed you for every thing you purchased in perpetuity. Yes a larger lot should pay more than a smaller house, but I shouldn't pay 8,000 per week because I have more stuff in an smaller house. Sheesh - I could've lived with this "bug" - what I can't live with are the gardening bugs and the rummage trash bugs WHICH were not fixed!

Also the potty training thing, wasn't a "bug" either. They got parenting skills, the kid got potty trained and the sim could move on to something else. No need to sit there listening to potty noises for hours.

Other things not fixed - bugs with clubs and planning events with club members in attendance that causes the game to crash to the desktop.

So basically, I still cannot play any of my saves because they didn't fix any of those bugs

grumble grumble

I guess I can't relate completely because I don't have the gardening bug or rummage trash can bugs (I am unsure what those are) or the bugs with clubs and event planning. A crash to the desktop is usually caused when two different applications are trying to access the same file. This is not usually a game bug. However, I did have the potty training issue and most bizarre the bills I just paid for my sims was 8,012 simoleons. I am assuming this is a new bug because until this moment, I haven't actually had that one.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    In my game, the bills bug caused exactly what you said, small houses and mansions were paying the same, so i considered it a bug and was glad it was fixed, but i hope they look into your issue with taxes and items in small lots...

I believe the taxes are based on the value of a lot as a whole. A large house with a few items and a small house with a lot of items are going to be considered similar for tax purposes. You can have a small house worth 150k simoleons or a large house worth $150k. They should both pay the same taxes right?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2020
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    I disagree. Potty training and read to sleep were VERY much broken to me. With that said I must agree that there are STILL bugs that are NOT fixed. Keep your skintones and give me fixes, please thank you.

@ArcherDK I never had a problem with read to sleep. As long as there was adequate space around the toddler bed my sims were able to read to sleep and tuck in with no problem. So this patch IS a problem for me. Ah well, can't turn back the clock.

I do hope they fix gardening and NEVER create another pack/patch that touches gardening again since they keep breaking it. Also would like things to work fine for folks who don't purchase a pack. EL is a nightmare even for people like me who don't own it since the patches for EL and NK broke the dang on game.

@SimsLady2000 the taxes on houses in the game are stupid. You can have an apt in San Myshuno loaded up with stuff and your rent never changes. So, why should your taxes on your house be based on how much stuff you own.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    @troshalom

I completely agree in regards to gardening. I have TWO gigantic gardens and seeing everything in both revert to seedlings is very very annoying. As for EL- it just was not implemented very well. Some NAPs are okayish, though.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I keep seeing problems about gardening - what broke that?
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I keep seeing problems about gardening - what broke that?

The patch just before EL came out