Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So is this officially the worst year for sims 4 ?

124...Next

Comments

• PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    Well, I'm not sure about The Sims 4 because I may not played this iteration this year at all, but since OP mentiones franchise as a whole I'd argue that the worst year was 2014. It really felt like 2012's Skyfall lyrics "This is the end." for me haha. They broke one game and moved to something feeling like The Sims 0.5 at that time. I personally have much more faith in sims future this year than 2014.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited October 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    I still want an explanation from the people demanding "More elder gameplay" about what they actually mean.
    Stereotypical elder things, yeah. Obviously, not all old people are homebodies who knit all day - one of my grandmas took spin classes, while my other had dementia and would attack people with her slippers. Anyone at any age (except for babies) can enjoy knitting or partying. But low-key, low-tech and comfy hobbies would be a great way to set them apart from young adults and relax in their golden years.

I'm not asking for elder-exclusive hobbies, because as I said, most people can do whatever they want regardless of age. But I want comfy elder things for my low-key oldies. I don't care if it's stereotypical, I want them to enjoy those things.
    Definitely this. I think what most people want is something to make elder sims more unique instead of just young adults with gray hair. Regardless of what real life is like, this is still a game and a lot of people want something new when you reach a new life stage because YA and Adult life stages are already the longest and you've probably done it all by the time you become an elder. Knitting and rocking chairs was a good addition, but hobbies as a whole would do a lot of good. It doesn't have to be elder-specific, but just more "low-key, low-tech, comfy hobbies" like Gordy said :).
    Potsae wrote: »
    Well, I'm not sure about The Sims 4 because I may not played this iteration this year at all, but since OP mentiones franchise as a whole I'd argue that the worst year was 2014. It really felt like 2012's Skyfall lyrics "This is the end." for me haha. They broke one game and moved to something feeling like The Sims 0.5 at that time. I personally have much more faith in sims future this year than 2014.
    Lol, TS4 launch was so bad I didn't even remember buying the game. When I heard they added toddlers, I went to buy it and realized I already had it for 3 years :D . I think the problem with this year is the direction they've been taking (desperately trying to keep up with trends in order to bring in more players instead of satisfying the ones they have) and the loss of trust and hope after 6 years of waiting for things that should've been in the game at launch or by this point.

8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I would love for elders have game play.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I still want an explanation from the people demanding "More elder gameplay" about what they actually mean.
    Stereotypical elder things, yeah. Obviously, not all old people are homebodies who knit all day - one of my grandmas took spin classes, while my other had dementia and would attack people with her slippers. Anyone at any age (except for babies) can enjoy knitting or partying. But low-key, low-tech and comfy hobbies would be a great way to set them apart from young adults and relax in their golden years.

I'm not asking for elder-exclusive hobbies, because as I said, most people can do whatever they want regardless of age. But I want comfy elder things for my low-key oldies. I don't care if it's stereotypical, I want them to enjoy those things.

That still don't answer my question, because I can't come up with anything that fits that description that they can't do already.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    There are more bugs in eco lifestyle than in the rainforest
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    There are more bugs in eco lifestyle than in the rainforest

To be fair, only about half is bugs, the others are working as intended, but the intention was not playtested so it's screwed up anyway.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Even if TS4 had been great it would have lasted too long now. Maxis" decision to continue this least liked iteration years longer than any other seems completely absurd to me. Every pack in this year has shown that there is no technical capacity left for exciting new game play.