Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery Mansion Challenge

13...Next

Comments

• KaduMcFadu80KaduMcFadu80 Posts: 57 Member
    @KaduMcFadu80 Can children/teens be aged up early if they have A's in school? Or do we need to wait for their birthdays?

You can age up toddlers, children and teens whenever you like. The only person you can't age up prematurely is the matriarch.
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    I know it's been a while since this thread has been active ... I have a new question ... Since we now have ladders and they are found in the stairs section of build area .... Can ladders be counted as part of the 13 stairs ...

Thanks in advance
    I know it's been a while since this thread has been active ... I have a new question ... Since we now have ladders and they are found in the stairs section of build area .... Can ladders be counted as part of the 13 stairs ...

Thanks in advance

I would have to say that ladders would not be considered part of the 13 staircases requirement. So, feel free to put as many ladders in your mansion build as you like :)
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    @IllusoryThrall Thanks for the link to this challenge. It looks fun. :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • CeaufyCeaufy Posts: 4 New Member
    @KaduMcFadu80 Great challenge! I've just started it. I just have one question. How do you make a secret passageway? Is it just a matter of hiding a door with a larger piece of furniture, like a bookcase, for instance?
    @KaduMcFadu80 Oh and another question... Do the attic and the basement count in the 13 total rooms? How about the tower? Assuming it will have 4 floors, does that mean the tower will count for 4 rooms?
    Ceaufy wrote: »
    @KaduMcFadu80 Great challenge! I've just started it. I just have one question. How do you make a secret passageway? Is it just a matter of hiding a door with a larger piece of furniture, like a bookcase, for instance?

Sorry for the late response. To answer your question, a secret passageway is basically a hidden hallway connecting two rooms together. For example, you could have a "linen closet" in a bathroom that opens to a narrow passageway leading to the kitchen. Hope this helps. Glad you're enjoying the challenge so far.
    Ceaufy wrote: »
    @KaduMcFadu80 Oh and another question... Do the attic and the basement count in the 13 total rooms? How about the tower? Assuming it will have 4 floors, does that mean the tower will count for 4 rooms?

Attics and basements are levels of a house, like the 1st floor, 2nd floor and so on. If you were to add a room or more on those levels, then that would count toward the 13 room requirement.

Your question about the tower is a good one and I'm glad you brought it up. For a room to be considered a room, it will need to have a door or arch that sims can enter and exit freely and easily. The room must also have wallpaper, flooring and at least one piece of furniture in it as well.

I will be sure to update the challenge room requirements :smile:
    Thanks a lot for your answers. I've adjusted my house (that's nearly ready now!) accordingly. It's getting pretty interesting! As soon as I finish it, I'll add it on the gallery!
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    I've been thinking of doing this challenge again and wanted to find out if we can fabricate/juice station and knit to make money?
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    @Pebblycat I updated the rules to include knitting and juice fabrication. :)
  • LadyInBlackLadyInBlack Posts: 117 Member
    @KaduMcFadu80 Thank you so much for this challenge! In Sims 3 I was a passable builder. In Sims 4 I build square rooms. :neutral: I do greatly enjoy looking at each person's builds though.
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    @KaduMcFadu80 Thanks :) I forgot to ask about crafting on the fabrication machine?
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    All right, I've finished the challenged. My Lady Sarah Hunt just died (how sad). I've uploaded my mansion in the Gallery with the #mysterymansionchallenge. I've had a lot of fun making the house. I think it came pretty well. The garden is less impressive, but I'm no good at creating garden, sorry...
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Goodness, I think I'll have to try this one at some point.

Ru3xj4o.jpg?1

The last time I was ever there. Good ole Door to Nowhere.
  • GranEnigmaGranEnigma Posts: 1 New Member
    Hope this isn't considered necroposting, but I have a suggestion for a very important new rule. If you have the paranormal pack, you are required to make one of the hidden rooms a séance room, as she was obsessed with doing that and that is literally how she "received" messages for how to build the house.

She is also required to "communicate with the dead" every night at midnight (which is when she held the seances).

This is a really cool idea, and I plan on starting the challenge today. :)
  • legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    This is such a good idea!