Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month! New Free Content!

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really like having more murals :)
  • notthatbellagothnotthatbellagoth Posts: 20 Member
    > @SilentKitty said:
    > I really like having more murals :)

The murals are stunning. Can't wait to put them all over Del Sol Valley and make it the Los Angeles it was born to be!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nice surprise! Lots of good stuff. That's my new favorite grill.. how pretty. Thanks team :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    > @SilentKitty said:
    > I really like having more murals :)

The murals are stunning. Can't wait to put them all over Del Sol Valley and make it the Los Angeles it was born to be!

That’s a great idea :)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The CAS was neither a hit or miss for me, although I do like some of those jacket recolours. I think the freezer bunny was fun too. I really really love all of the BB though. What great items and colours! I'm likely to make use of all of that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Credit where it's due, these items look great! I'm glad they remembered kids for once too. The pergola is my favourite <3
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    What about the skin tones? I thought they were going to show us ?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    What about the skin tones? I thought they were going to show us ?

They said several times in chat and I think on Twitter that they weren't covering this skin update in the live stream, probably since it really falls more under bug fixes than an update. The new tones and sliders in December are a much bigger deal, imo, and we're more likely to get a preview of those.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It looks like it's just a foundation.
    Simburian wrote: »
    That wooden base for the pergola. Is that new too?
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    The octagon coffee table from the pre-IL update is my favorite Sims 4 object ever, so I like it when we get things like this. The Haute Hacienda set from the Sims 3 store was one of my favorite all time sets, and this really reminds me of that.

I really hope we get some good fixes so that we can enjoy playing with all of the lovely stuff.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    What a nice surprise! I especially like the build/buy items.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    So now we know why the gurus were tweeting all those food pictures... those tweets were all about this new update rather than hints about the next EP.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited October 2020
    Justin wrote: »
    I like the BB objects but I don’t understand why they collaborated with a tattoo artist & only gave us one tattoo & cholo style reskins of jerseys. Not my cup of tea. I was expecting beautiful Latin dresses or at least a sombrero hat.

I know, right? If that butterfly is so important, shouldn't it have been in there too? Although, there might be more stuff that we didn't see because that was the absolute worst LS I've ever had to sit through. Unorganized, uninformed, unplugged, unbelievable.

They should have added a new Mexican food cart.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So now we know why the gurus were tweeting all those food pictures... those tweets were all about this new update rather than hints about the next EP.
    One of them posted Ceviche, that’s soooo goood. Might make some this week now 😋😋
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm currently converting the Rattlesnake Juice bar from Oasis Springs into a Latin restaurant; I'll use the new food recipes from the update, the foods from Selvadorada, and the Latin foods (taquitos, burritos, etc.) from CL. My waitstaff will be dressed in the outfits from the Day of the Dead update a few years back. B) Not sure if I'm going to keep it in Oasis Springs or if I'll move it to Willow Creek or Newcrest.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    One of them posted Ceviche, that’s soooo goood. Might make some this week now 😋😋

That was Simguruninja. It looked delicious!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'm currently converting the Rattlesnake Juice bar from Oasis Springs into a Latin restaurant; I'll use the new food recipes from the update, the foods from Selvadorada, and the Latin foods (taquitos, burritos, etc.) from CL. My waitstaff will be dressed in the outfits from the Day of the Dead update a few years back. B) Not sure if I'm going to keep it in Oasis Springs or if I'll move it to Willow Creek or Newcrest.

Ooh great ideas! I'm going to have to make some changes to one of my restaurants.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Ooh great ideas! I'm going to have to make some changes to one of my restaurants.

When Seasons released, I enclosed Hogan's Burger Bar (one of the venues that shipped with Dine Out) and renamed it BurgOpolis, so diners wouldn't get drenched while eating. I usually have that in Oasis Springs but most of my families are in Willow Creek or Newcrest so it might make sense to move BurgOpolis to one of those towns and have La Cucina Restaurante (my Latin restaurant) in Oasis Springs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Love the idea for the conversion too @stilljustme2. I like to keep the builds they give us but that makes sense there. I'll steal the idea to use in my game or see if you upload later :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited October 2020
    Don't really care for cas cause idk
    I just really dislike the shapes of those shirts even if patterns are cute
    and as someone mentioned already too similar to existing ep shirts

but I really love the chairs, grill, pots and murals cause I already know so many builds to blob those on
    table unsure cause I really wish it existed in 3 tiles and 2 tiles wide but idk?

and the whatever shade thing is just... idk I just never seem to use those no matter how cool you make them

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,659 Member
    Are grills now locked between 1 AM and 7 AM? I hesitate adding even more grills to my game, at least until they get some lock system. Items look good, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    What a wonderful update! It’s like getting a mini-stuff pack for free! And all that color and all those foods are right up my alley. I’m crazy about those murals and chairs. Thanks, Sims team! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

I love this! Will you be posting it on the gallery when it's complete? Is the version you already have up there?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I already got sims that are Hispanic, the Estrada household, so having some Hispanic themed stuff in there could bring them to life a little more at least since they can't live in Selvadorada, but having a few additions can bring them close to it.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Reminds me of some of the art and yummy food I experienced growing up in LA. The grill looks so amazing. Thanks EA! 👌
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie