Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello @MissClairely :) It is nice to meet you.
    When you are a full member and can start new threads, you could start a new thread in the Sims 4 Games Feedback section of the forums and post your thoughts there .
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback
    Happy simming! :)
  • Dragon_KweenDragon_Kween Posts: 43 Member
    G'day I'm your average Australian who probably has a slight addiction to the sims 4 but not enough to warrant concern from my parents of which I have escaped their tyrannical rule. I'm a twenty something year old who is disappointed at the lack of fantasy elements and relies so much on cc that my previous laptop deceased from a lack of space.

I like to write stories of questionable quality and hope to start writing the mishaps of my cc ridden sims and townies who seem to go all out on the cc like it's some sort of hip fashion statement. Oh, and I draw. I draw so much, my wrist is riddled with RSI like I'm a sixty five year old who doesn't look a day over twelve.

I have three noisy bird shaped children who scream if I so much as sit in another room. Oh, and I'm not a single pringle, but this isn't a romance novel.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
    Cool story, needs more dragons - Cries in baguette

• SloturtleSloturtle Posts: 7 New Member
    hey yall. long time simmer, first time caller. My name is Alex and I've been playing sims since way back in middle school, sims 3 was my jam. Just bought sims 4 last winter and so far enjoying it. I'm hoping involving myself in the community will help me understand some stuff about the game
    G'day I'm your average Australian who probably has a slight addiction to the sims 4 but not enough to warrant concern from my parents of which I have escaped their tyrannical rule. I'm a twenty something year old who is disappointed at the lack of fantasy elements and relies so much on cc that my previous laptop deceased from a lack of space.

I like to write stories of questionable quality and hope to start writing the mishaps of my cc ridden sims and townies who seem to go all out on the cc like it's some sort of hip fashion statement. Oh, and I draw. I draw so much, my wrist is riddled with RSI like I'm a sixty five year old who doesn't look a day over twelve.

I have three noisy bird shaped children who scream if I so much as sit in another room. Oh, and I'm not a single pringle, but this isn't a romance novel.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Hello @Dragon_Kween :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy writing. You may like to read the threads in the Stories and Legacies section of the forums, and start a thread there with your own stories when you are a full member of the forums and can start new threads.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    Perhaps one day your children will become simmers also!
    Sloturtle wrote: »
    hey yall. long time simmer, first time caller. My name is Alex and I've been playing sims since way back in middle school, sims 3 was my jam. Just bought sims 4 last winter and so far enjoying it. I'm hoping involving myself in the community will help me understand some stuff about the game

Hello @Sloturtle :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming when you were at school. and played the Sims 3 version. It is great that you are now enjoying playing Sims 4 also.
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, and find helpful game tips and information as you read the forum discussions.
  • QueenEbony1113QueenEbony1113 Posts: 380 Member
    Hi! New to this site, but not to The Sims. My introduction to The Sims was way back in 2012-2013 when a friend showed me The Sims 3 on his laptop and we made our group of friends on it. I didn't totally know how to play it back then but I really liked the concept. I first downloaded The Sims 4 around January 2019, but started avidly playing it long after I graduated college, when I had more time for it. And nowadays, especially since I'm at home most of the time, I play it almost everyday! I'd say I'm a "Fandom Player" since I've made my favorite TV show characters (Supernatural, AHS, Lucifer, and more), and it seems I've created some crossover stories in-game. Kind of like watching fanfiction, but I'm partly in control (I like to have autonomy on). Though to make the characters as accurate as possible, I've had to download a lot of CC and script mods to give the angels and demons additional powers. I also use a mod to give my Sims more than 3 traits so that they're more true to character.
    2bcb85bc6df30a1fc5a19f876b8e2f22.jpg
    My real name isn't actually Ebony!
    Mainly a Fandom Simmer!
    I'd totally make Sims videos of the characters in my game but I don't know what to call my channel!
    Twitter: FrerardChild
  • GwenleahGwenleah Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello, I'm new to being active on the forums but have been lurking around for awhile and playing the Sims 4 for a little over a year. It's been an amazing adventure, especially during these past few months of social distancing and such. There's a lot I've not attempted yet, I"m sure but lots I have too. My favorite part is building (I think I should have been an architect in r/l) and I love setting up new homes and community buildings and making them efficient and easy for my Sims to navigate and live in. I don't like to clutter them up with too much junk though! :)

As far as about me....hmmmm...well, I"m on the flip side of 55, love & respect all animals and nature and have long believed we each have a talent we can use to help better the world in some way. The trick is to find what it is, do our best and then know when to let others continue when your job is done.
    Hi! New to this site, but not to The Sims. My introduction to The Sims was way back in 2012-2013 when a friend showed me The Sims 3 on his laptop and we made our group of friends on it. I didn't totally know how to play it back then but I really liked the concept. I first downloaded The Sims 4 around January 2019, but started avidly playing it long after I graduated college, when I had more time for it. And nowadays, especially since I'm at home most of the time, I play it almost everyday! I'd say I'm a "Fandom Player" since I've made my favorite TV show characters (Supernatural, AHS, Lucifer, and more), and it seems I've created some crossover stories in-game. Kind of like watching fanfiction, but I'm partly in control (I like to have autonomy on). Though to make the characters as accurate as possible, I've had to download a lot of CC and script mods to give the angels and demons additional powers. I also use a mod to give my Sims more than 3 traits so that they're more true to character.

Hello @QueenEbony1113 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you first started simming when your friend showed you Sims 3 on his laptop. You would have had fun creating sim forms of your friends :) It is great that you started playing Sims 4 at the start of last year, and are playing it now more as you spend more time at home. It is creatively nice that you make sim versions of your favourite tv show characters! :) You would enjoy seeing how their lives develop in your game!
    Gwenleah wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new to being active on the forums but have been lurking around for awhile and playing the Sims 4 for a little over a year. It's been an amazing adventure, especially during these past few months of social distancing and such. There's a lot I've not attempted yet, I"m sure but lots I have too. My favorite part is building (I think I should have been an architect in r/l) and I love setting up new homes and community buildings and making them efficient and easy for my Sims to navigate and live in. I don't like to clutter them up with too much junk though! :)

As far as about me....hmmmm...well, I"m on the flip side of 55, love & respect all animals and nature and have long believed we each have a talent we can use to help better the world in some way. The trick is to find what it is, do our best and then know when to let others continue when your job is done.

Hello @Gwenleah :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been enjoying playing Sims 4 over this last year. There are lots of things to do and discover when simming! Building is a very special and enjoyable part of simming! It allows us to express our creativity through our builds we create and have fun at the same time!
    It is lovely that you love animal and nature. Sim cats and dogs are very cute in the game!
    What you have written about everyone having a special talent is beautiful <3
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yo. Been lurking around the forums for a bit now. Been playing the Sims 4 for a few months now, with a rotational play with ALL of the premades and a few of my own all bashed together. So I have opinions on Goths, Landgraabs, Calientes and other such households. I do have a very big soft spot for the Windenburg families though.

Oh but my first Sims game was the GBA version of Sims 2! Mom didn't want me playing games where "I was god." I'm a nice to the Sims...mostly. Kinda amused at what a self-propelled drama machine I can be sometimes.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
    Handel wrote: »
    Yo. Been lurking around the forums for a bit now. Been playing the Sims 4 for a few months now, with a rotational play with ALL of the premades and a few of my own all bashed together. So I have opinions on Goths, Landgraabs, Calientes and other such households. I do have a very big soft spot for the Windenburg families though.

Oh but my first Sims game was the GBA version of Sims 2! Mom didn't want me playing games where "I was god." I'm a nice to the Sims...mostly. Kinda amused at what a self-propelled drama machine I can be sometimes.

Hello @Handel :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version of Sims 2, and now over the last few months you have been playing Sims 4. It is great that you have been rotationally playing the premades! You would be enjoying discovering more about these families and what they are like as they live their sims lives in your game!
  • notthatbellagothnotthatbellagoth Posts: 20 Member
    Hi gang!

Very long time Simmer and relatively long time lurker but with all that's going on in the world it felt like the time to be able to thank everyone for helping make my hobby (hobby is a gentle word for an obsession right? :D) even more fun. I've been playing since Sims 1 and profoundly identify with being too depressed to do homework. I was into a veryyyy long term process of making a TS2 emulation save file in TS3 (both Pleasant View and Strangetown, hence the name inspiration) just before TS4 came out so I am very divided focus to say the least. I also use the game to try out characters in my own writing and make families for my friends' lots and vice versa. I love seeing all of your creations and benefit a lot from your tips so I'm excited to help out!
    Hi gang!

Very long time Simmer and relatively long time lurker but with all that's going on in the world it felt like the time to be able to thank everyone for helping make my hobby (hobby is a gentle word for an obsession right? :D) even more fun. I've been playing since Sims 1 and profoundly identify with being too depressed to do homework. I was into a veryyyy long term process of making a TS2 emulation save file in TS3 (both Pleasant View and Strangetown, hence the name inspiration) just before TS4 came out so I am very divided focus to say the least. I also use the game to try out characters in my own writing and make families for my friends' lots and vice versa. I love seeing all of your creations and benefit a lot from your tips so I'm excited to help out!

Hello @notthatbellagoth :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years. It is great that you enjoy writing and make simversions of the characters that you write about. You would enjoy seeing how their lives develop in your game.
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @notthatbellagoth :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years. It is great that you enjoy writing and make simversions of the characters that you write about. You would enjoy seeing how their lives develop in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you so much rose! I've been lurking in your room challenge thread forever and this week's theme actually tipped me over into giving it a try. I think it's impossible for me to become a member and be able to post pictures by the deadline but hopefully I can participate soon!
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @notthatbellagoth :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years. It is great that you enjoy writing and make simversions of the characters that you write about. You would enjoy seeing how their lives develop in your game.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you so much rose! I've been lurking in your room challenge thread forever and this week's theme actually tipped me over into giving it a try. I think it's impossible for me to become a member and be able to post pictures by the deadline but hopefully I can participate soon!

You’re welcome! @notthatbellagoth :)
    If you would like to enter this week’s challenge , I can post the pictures for you if you post the image links on a post in the thread, or I will look forward to you entering a future week’s challenge! :)
  • getdabbygetdabby Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Hey, new here but not new. I've been playing on Sims my entire life, I'd say. I'm just now getting into the whole Sims Forums/Discord jazz. :)
    getdabby wrote: »
    Hey Hey, new here but not new. I've been playing on Sims my entire life, I'd say. I'm just now getting into the whole Sims Forums/Discord jazz. :)

Hello @getdabby :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is a very nice that you have been simming for a long time and that it has been a part of your life as you were growing up . Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, find game play ideas, and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You’re welcome! @notthatbellagoth :)
    > If you would like to enter this week’s challenge , I can post the pictures for you if you post the image links on a post in the thread, or I will look forward to you entering a future week’s challenge! :)

That would be amazing I'll do that. :) V excited!
  • Jose_16Jose_16 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello my name is Jose. I really like playing science of life themed games, especially the sims 4. Sometimes it's fun to play sims 4 if you have a lot of college assignments but are bored to do it lol. Oh before it, I tried playing sims 3 and that's what made me interested in playing sims until now. I like to go on adventures in this sims game like Salvadora Jungle, Strangerville, outdoor retreat and the latest is Star Wars. Nice too meet you!
    Jose_16 wrote: »
    Hello my name is Jose. I really like playing science of life themed games, especially the sims 4. Sometimes it's fun to play sims 4 if you have a lot of college assignments but are bored to do it lol. Oh before it, I tried playing sims 3 and that's what made me interested in playing sims until now. I like to go on adventures in this sims game like Salvadora Jungle, Strangerville, outdoor retreat and the latest is Star Wars. Nice too meet you!

Hello @Jose_16 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing sims 3 and now play sims 4 also. Going on adventures in the game are very enjoyable and fun! It is great to see our sims exploring, visiting or holidaying at new locations.
    Simming is a great way to take a restful break from the pressures and stress of doing studies. It is very nice seeing how the lives of our sims develop in our games!
  • SimerallaSimeralla Posts: 949 Member
    Well I kinda made a entrance on another post, but this seems very official, where I can introduce myself: So yea Simeralla here been playing The Sims since like day 1 but never really did any forums or any social media sites. I am pretty traditional, I play The Sims to escape from the reality of our current world. I stick to what is in the game, I don't do CCs or anything like that. I use to back in the hay day but there was so much bugs that was in the game, that it ruined my game and I swore to myself I would never download any CCs again. Yes I know nowadays I am sure it changed but I just love sticking to the contents of the game. I always enjoyed building in the sims but never really shared until Sims4 came So I do have an gallery now and I do like to share. Glad to see a few have even downloaded my lots. I must say even if one person did, that would make me happy. So thank you all for letting me invade your forum and I hope to stick around and get to know all of you.
    Simeralla wrote: »
    Well I kinda made a entrance on another post, but this seems very official, where I can introduce myself: So yea Simeralla here been playing The Sims since like day 1 but never really did any forums or any social media sites. I am pretty traditional, I play The Sims to escape from the reality of our current world. I stick to what is in the game, I don't do CCs or anything like that. I use to back in the hay day but there was so much bugs that was in the game, that it ruined my game and I swore to myself I would never download any CCs again. Yes I know nowadays I am sure it changed but I just love sticking to the contents of the game. I always enjoyed building in the sims but never really shared until Sims4 came So I do have an gallery now and I do like to share. Glad to see a few have even downloaded my lots. I must say even if one person did, that would make me happy. So thank you all for letting me invade your forum and I hope to stick around and get to know all of you.

Hello @Simeralla :) It was very nice meeting you on the other thread and it is lovely that you posted here also :)
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over the time creating, building and playing in the game.
    Simming is a great way to take a break from real life and all that our day and lives are holding.
    It is great that you are sharing your creations on the Gallery :) Simmers will enjoy using them in their games.
  • UnyquezUnyquez Posts: 9 New Member
    Hmm.. i'd say i'm pretty multi-talented; i race, sing, rap, produce, act, draw a little, make sims builds, game at a high level, great shot in reality, write scripts, etc.

Personality wise i guess if you talk to me or listen to me on twitch you'll get a sense but.. i'm confident, big on trust, value my friendships and family, have a lot of unfinished goals. I believe i'm a Legend that just hasn't been noticed yet.

Former 11Bravo, SDM, has a CIB (EIB controversy lol).

Unyquez~
    Unyquez wrote: »
    Hmm.. i'd say i'm pretty multi-talented; i race, sing, rap, produce, act, draw a little, make sims builds, game at a high level, great shot in reality, write scripts, etc.

Personality wise i guess if you talk to me or listen to me on twitch you'll get a sense but.. i'm confident, big on trust, value my friendships and family, have a lot of unfinished goals. I believe i'm a Legend that just hasn't been noticed yet.

Unyquez~

Hello @Unyquez :) It was very nice to meet you on the other thread.
    It is great that you enjoy doing a variety of things and have many talents. Family and friends are very special and important in life and it is lovely that you value them,family life and friendships <3
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums theads, and meeting /chatting with fellow simmers.
  • UnyquezUnyquez Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-17682918"][quote="Unyquez;c-17682904"]Hmm.. i'd say i'm pretty multi-talented; i race, sing, rap, produce, act, draw a little, make sims builds, game at a high level, great shot in reality, write scripts, etc.

Unyquez~[/quote]

Hello @Unyquez :) It was very nice to meet you on the other thread.
    It is great that you enjoy doing a variety of things and have many talents. Family and friends are very special and important in life and it is lovely that you value them,family life and friendships <3
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums theads, and meeting /chatting with fellow simmers.
    Happy simming! :) [/quote]

It was nice to meet you too and preciate the responses and guidance. Seems like a good community here; i'll be around

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top