Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Showtime

SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
I heard a lot of speculations about potential TS4 Showtime. I think that this pack can be great because EA can finally intorduce some of missing content which should be in previous packs as Get Famous and Cats and Dogs.

1. Pack like this can finally have big city world with a lot of lots.
2. Magican carieer can intorduce small pets like birds, lizards or rabbits ect.
3. Finally singer carrer and bands can be introduced into the game.
4. Model carrer can be available now as it was in TS Superstar.
5. If we can be a model, than it is really probably that we can have a lot of CAS stuff.
6. More ways to be a celebrity with Get Famous Expansion.
7. Possibility to have theme parks and circuses witch acrobatics and objects from TS Makin Magic.
8. More apartments.
9. More active and unplayable careers which could have been in Get to work.
10. New type of vechicles. Maybe finally cars.
Post edited by Sthenastia on

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Where did this speculation originate may I ask?

I also agree with all the things you mention, but having all that in just one EP sounds too good to be true.
    An EP dedicated to bands alone would be good enough for me!
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member

I also agree with all the things you mention, but having all that in just one EP sounds too good to be true.

I wouldn't mind bands, but what would you have in mind to make them EP worthy rather than GP?
    edited October 2020
    @kristenleighwhite Below I've copy-pasted my list of ideas for bands and musical ensembles that I mentioned in another thread:

Bands and Musical Ensembles.
    • A system very like the GT Club mechanics will give a player the option to form a band or a musical group.
    • A sim with enough skill in a particular instrument can start a band or ensemble and start a band practice.
    • A band or group with high enough band skill will be able to organize a gig, or attract a manager who will organize gigs for them.
    • A band may be invited to play at a Wedding or other Event.
    • A band or group will receive ratings based on their performance and music sales.
    • The group can give their revenue a boost with sales in merchandise.

Some bands or ensembles that can be created:
    • Rock/ Indie/ (Synth) Pop band.
    • Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • Choir. (kids,classical, gospel)
    • String Quartet.

Instruments and skills that currently exist but can be used in combination:
    • Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

Instruments and skills to be added to such an EP:
    • Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • A Rapper Mic/ Sound Box?
    • Saxophone

Crossover with other EP's:
    • Bands performance level will influence the Fame system in GF.
    • A Sim with a DU degree in Fine Art or Drama will get higher pay out for completed gigs.
    • Gigs will be added to the calendar in Seasons.
    • Create a Merch. Store via GTW retail.

I can see this as part of an EP as I'm aware it takes a considerable amount of resources to record music for different genres at different levels in different combinations and create animations based on each variant.

But hey, it would be nice.

ETA: I'd like to add that a world with music venues and stages could (should) be part of this EP.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited October 2020
    I haven't seen a speculation about a Showtime pack, just Reality TV, a Winter Theme, or a Romance pack. Someone else said maybe Pirates. But those are the only recent speculations I've read.
    edited October 2020
    'pologize. Double post. :#
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    I just can't get into the idea of a Showtime pack because I think some or most of these things should have been in Get Famous. But since that pack covers the acting career and a luxury lifestyle, a more grungy Bands GP would make sense to me. Or even a performing arts EP with magicians, a classical dance school, circuses, opera's and all that jazz.

Oh and I want all the stuff on your list!
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    They had there chance with the Acting thing so nope. This reminds me of my First Pet.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    @kristenleighwhite Below I've copy-pasted my list of ideas for bands and musical ensembles that I mentioned in another thread:

• A system very like the GT Club mechanics will give a player the option to form a band or a musical group.
    • A sim with enough skill in a particular instrument can start a band or ensemble and start a band practice.
    • A band or group with high enough band skill will be able to organize a gig, or attract a manager who will organize gigs for them.
    • A band or group will receive ratings based on their performance and music sales.

• Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • String Quartet.

• Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

• Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • Saxophone

• A Sim with a DU degree in Fine Art or Drama will get higher pay out for completed gigs.

I can see this as part of an EP as I'm aware it takes a considerable amount of resources to record music for different genres at different levels in different combinations and create animations based on each variant.

ETA: I'd like to add that a world with music venues and stages could (should) be part of this EP.

I think it's just a matter of time before we will get some kind of bands system/pack in the game. It's a very timeless theme and would probably sell very well. Now that you mention it, the amount of sound effects and new music would maybe be too much for a GP, so maybe an EP is more likely indeed..
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    I just can't get into the idea of a Showtime pack because I think some or most of these things should have been in Get Famous. But since that pack covers the acting career and a luxury lifestyle, a more grungy Bands GP would make sense to me. Or even a performing arts EP with magicians, a classical dance school, circuses, opera's and all that jazz.

Oh and I want all the stuff on your list!

I would love a Showtime pack, especially if it enables a Singer Sim. (I currently use two mods for this.) The sad thing is with GF is that singers aren't recognized at the Starlight Accolades. If they do create another pack based on Showtime, I hope with all of my heart they would include a Music Awards night, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

• Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • String Quartet.

• Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

• Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • Saxophone

That actually looks good to me! I could see that working well for an EP, especially because they "reuse" some mechanics e.g. the club system reused in a sense for a band format.
    It isn't my first choice, as I am not super into fame or music in general. That is definitely my husband's forte. I do enjoy having teens work on a garage style band in the sims 3, so if I could do something similar in sims 4, I would be happy. I do fall under the perhaps unpopular opinion that I want to see some different themes, and I DO think bands should have come with GF. I am in the small group that enjoys JTB. I'm pretty open to whatever they put out though, even if it is not my preferred theme.
    I haven't seen a speculation about a Showtime pack, just Reality TV, a Winter Theme, or a Romance pack. Someone else said maybe Pirates. But those are the only recent speculations I've read.

I think it's a newer speculation...something about a pink plumbob being posted and having it line up with sims 3 showtime. I'm not super committed to any of these speculations though. I see where people are getting their ideas (the end of the nifty knitting trailer reminiscing about skiing, etc) but I can't tell if people are just hoping for themselves. I'm definitely curious and open minded, though admittedly I've been playing 3 more than 4.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Would happily Buy a showtime expansion. Get famous is my fave

• Hip Hop/Rap group.
    • String Quartet.

• Piano.(BG) Synth (CL)
    • Acoustic Guitar. (BG)
    • Violin.(BG).
    • Singing. (CL)
    • Organ. (Vampires).

• Electric Guitar.
    • Bass Guitar.
    • Drums.
    • Cello & Double Bass.
    • Saxophone

That actually looks good to me! I could see that working well for an EP, especially because they "reuse" some mechanics e.g. the club system reused in a sense for a band format.
    It isn't my first choice, as I am not super into fame or music in general. That is definitely my husband's forte. I do enjoy having teens work on a garage style band in the sims 3, so if I could do something similar in sims 4, I would be happy. I do fall under the perhaps unpopular opinion that I want to see some different themes, and I DO think bands should have come with GF. I am in the small group that enjoys JTB. I'm pretty open to whatever they put out though, even if it is not my preferred theme.

I think if bands came with GF we wouldn't have had the actor career. I'm not at all into the fame aspect of the sims, I have very little (to no) interest in celebrities, but music and bands is just my cup of tea. I'm always up for more experimental themes too. Still happy with my cheating and misbehaving Smuggler in Batuu. ;)
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member

Pixelade made a video on Youtube yesterday for example.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited October 2020

Pixelade explains here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPtJnIDsoRc&t=273s
    Thank you for the source @Sthenastia & @catloverplayer.

I can see how these objects and descriptions could seem like hints toward a showtime pack. Not sure about the flirty Plumbob lamp though. I still get a romance vibe from that one.
    The amp that came with Moschino left me wanting for more, because I had hoped my sim could plug in his guitar and wake up the neighbors. Maybe we’ll know more next week...
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    It's probably just reality TV.

Reality TV show
    Showtime

Also, the patch notes had what seemed like a parody of reality TV in general.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited October 2020
    Not to be a negative Ned here but, there is absolutely no way that Maxis is going to be giving us more lots than Forgotten Hollow/Del Sol Valley, there's also no way we'll be getting bands AND more pets in one pack they will for sure split them up and make them DLC for DLC again. This idea is great, however judging by Maxis' recent actions with the past few 'Expansion Packs' (which are supposed to be HUGE); Get Famous, Discover University and Eco Lifestyle may as well have been Game Packs considering they just came with a few outfits, B&B items and the big selling points were the 'fame/acting' system, the GPA/Degree system and the N.A.Ps/eco footprint, there is no way Maxis would cater to all of our wants and supply us that much content in one pack (even if it was an 'EP') and still charge only $45-50 USD. "Less for more" has been their motto since 2014, and I absolutely expect this trend to carryover into The Sims 5.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    It's probably just reality TV.

Reality TV show
    Showtime

Also, the patch notes had what seemed like a parody of reality TV in general.

What they said in the patch notes about writing a sim's name on the bed I thought it referred to the Assign bed option. If it is indeed reality TV, I am really curious how it would be implemented. Gameplay in the Sims is already like reality TV so I wonder what new things such a pack could bring.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I definitely want a Showtime pack, and I don't think it would be a MFPS. Remeber in Sims 3 we got Late night introducing the fame system and acting career, and then we got Showtime? That would be the same exact thing.

I don't think they would do the singer/magician/acrobat thing, though, cause that would be 100% copying showtime. I would be happy with a good and detailed singer active career (kinda like Sims 1 Superstar, where you would actually record songs, perform live, release records) and bands, with concerts and maybe even music festivals.

I would also like the singers/bands to have multiple genre options, like having a rapper, a pop singer, a rock band, a jazz band and etc.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love a Sims 4 Showtime with proper bands, singers, dancers, jugglers & to have Genies back.
    These are one of the reasons I keep going back to play Sims 3.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    My Sims need real bands so badly!

50430692606_2d7d30161b_b.jpg
    50358537932_74ae136e1d_b.jpg50362329651_c4f52de18b_b.jpg

I want everything @CAPTAIN_NXR7 said, but I also want it to include the ability to dance to jazz and classical music, plus more dance styles for our Sims! And drums and saxophones are mandatory! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Do you remember this?

42333-the-sims-superstar-windows-screenshot-the-skydiving-simulator.jpg

9v4bp5blfvpx.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Fashion_Runway.jpg

I think that we have enough content to get another pack with object which are not implemented in Get Famous expansion. Anyway I am curious how EA can translate potential Showtime expansion, because in Polish TS3 Showtime and TS4 Get Fameous are translated to "Become a Star".

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Do you remember this?

Fashion_Runway.jpg

I think that we have enough content to get another pack with object which are not implemented in Get Famous expansion. Anyway I am curious how EA can translate potential Showtime expansion, because in Polish TS3 Showtime and TS4 Get Fameous are translated to "Become a Star".

I look at that picture and can't help but wonder if we are getting fashion shows back. Ever since I installed Journey to Batuu I randomly get my sims to climb on top of tables and counters after clicking the go here option. I don't know if it's a bug of sorts, but they can walk on the tables and counters afterwards and they can talk to people on the ground. I have to remove the table or counter to get them off though.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Do you remember this?

42333-the-sims-superstar-windows-screenshot-the-skydiving-simulator.jpg

9v4bp5blfvpx.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Fashion_Runway.jpg

I would actually cry if we got this!!!

I've wanted this kind of stuff in TS4 since GF came out!