Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No rumors, Guru teasers, leaks or anything regardin the next DLC?

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Sep. 3rd : "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack"

EA Translate

In just a matter of months we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack

So true! And looong after it all comes out, we'll probably never find out what ‘Porc du jour’ even is...

Coming Soon™ and and Weeks are just the same in Maxis book.
    I don't know what it means to me, but I'm still wanted that new and upcoming EP with some romantic stuff in it
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    They said they would do better at staying in communication with us maybe now is when they should start that better communication, bc they could totally be being way better about this, you know as they claimed they would be.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Sep. 3rd : "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack"

EA Translate

Well... they may have already been ‘sharing’ details about their new Expansion Pack if we were to go by all the bake off Twitter pics and take those as a hint. Or puppies...(perhaps we get Werewolves after all :D ).

No, it’s certainly not the kind of sharing the community needs at this stage. It has indeed been a month since that announcement and it’s time for some solid information, especially if they say things like ‘a matter of weeks’. Otherwise it’s best to say nothing at all. Of course these kind of statements are the dangling carrot that keeps the community engaged.
    I expect a trailer after the patch next week. Although I’m glad I haven’t been putting money on any of my expectations, because at this point I ‘d be a broke mess.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

EA Translate

Well... they may have already been ‘sharing’ details about their new Expansion Pack if we were to go by all the bake off Twitter pics and take those as a hint. Or puppies...(perhaps we get Werewolves after all :D ).

No, it’s certainly not the kind of sharing the community needs at this stage. It has indeed been a month since that announcement and it’s time for some solid information, especially if they say things like ‘a matter of weeks’. Otherwise it’s best to say nothing at all. Of course these kind of statements are the dangling carrot that keeps the community engaged.
    I expect a trailer after the patch next week. Although I’m glad I haven’t been putting money on any of my expectations, because at this point I ‘d be a broke mess.

I can see why the food pictures can be considered a hint, but I really hope nobody bred puppies just to advertise a new pack. That would be just wrong. I wonder what changed in game development that they can no longer advertise their upcoming packs with the current pack like they did for TS2 packs. The little flyers were great and while they no longer release physical copies CDs and flyers, they could probably find another way to let us know what the next pack will be.
    crocobaura wrote: »

EA Translate

I can see why the food pictures can be considered a hint, but I really hope nobody bred puppies just to advertise a new pack. That would be just wrong.

Nah, I don’t think the cute puppy pictures are a hint either. It’s just that they’re kinda casually thrown in there with all the food.
    I wonder what changed in game development that they can no longer advertise their upcoming packs with the current pack like they did for TS2 packs. The little flyers were great and while they no longer release physical copies CDs and flyers, they could probably find another way to let us know what the next pack will be.

I imagine the reason they stopped announcing dlc long before its release is because the sims player base is much bigger than it was for TS2.
    Based on previous titles simmers now have expectations of the game that no one had prior to TS2. Throw social media in the mix and the amount of backlash because of all the things that aren’t added in a pack will just take painfully longer. We also live in a society in which folks (especially the teens and YAs this game is intended for) have very short attention spans. The ‘Heat of the Moment’ will be lost if a company announces dlc too early, which will have a bad effect on sales. That’s my guess.

EA Translate

I can see why the food pictures can be considered a hint, but I really hope nobody bred puppies just to advertise a new pack. That would be just wrong.

Nah, I don’t think the cute puppy pictures are a hint either. It’s just that they’re kinda casually thrown in there with all the food.
    I wonder what changed in game development that they can no longer advertise their upcoming packs with the current pack like they did for TS2 packs. The little flyers were great and while they no longer release physical copies CDs and flyers, they could probably find another way to let us know what the next pack will be.

I imagine the reason they stopped announcing dlc long before its release is because the sims player base is much bigger than it was for TS2.
    Based on previous titles simmers now have expectations of the game that no one had prior to TS2. Throw social media in the mix and the amount of backlash because of all the things that aren’t added in a pack will just take painfully longer. We also live in a society in which folks (especially the teens and YAs this game is intended for) have very short attention spans. The ‘Heat of the Moment’ will be lost if a company announces dlc too early, which will have a bad effect on sales. That’s my guess.

That's their accounts, they can post whatever, and they posted pics of their kids and wife and nobody thought those were hints to future packs. :lol: The problem with the way they currently announce packs is that it leaves too much room for speculation and it tends to get really wild. When they stated from the beginning what the new pack was, people focused on the features that were announced and didn't speculate as wildly as they do today. Like people were speculating about farming and French romance packs and we got eco lifestyle.

EA Translate

That's their accounts, they can post whatever, and they posted pics of their kids and wife and nobody thought those were hints to future packs. :lol: The problem with the way they currently announce packs is that it leaves too much room for speculation and it tends to get really wild. When they stated from the beginning what the new pack was, people focused on the features that were announced and didn't speculate as wildly as they do today. Like people were speculating about farming and French romance packs and we got eco lifestyle.

I agree that this wild speculation is not very healthy for a lot of people because they have such high hopes for certain themes and features. When it’s not what they thought it would be (like those Farming and French romance pack leaks ) it’s all the more crushing. Most leaks don’t come from official sources though, but they still have a huge effect on people.

Personally I don’t mind hints, I enjoy speculating and looking for clues because I know the outcome doesn’t touch me on an emotional level, other than ‘hey I got that right!’ Or ‘hey, I totally missed that one’. The speculation game itself is more fun to me than the official announcement of that DLC, since -although I know what I would like- I have zero expectations for packs.

The problem is that the hinting or teasers are inconsistent. We went from nothing to quarterly teasers to roadmaps with or without hints to no hints at all. The community does not know what to expect and when to expect it. We’re missing some kind of routine that’s not there. Everything seems to be subject to change these days so I can imagine all this guesswork causes anxiety within a community.
    For example, the Sims 3 store always released premium content once a month. If you know that’s what’s going to happen, there’s something to look out for. It’s like getting the daily newspaper. You know it will be available each day.
    There has never really been a steady routine in TS4 pack announcements since its initial launch. It’s been messy from day 1.

EA Translate

I agree that this wild speculation is not very healthy for a lot of people because they have such high hopes for certain themes and features. When it’s not what they thought it would be (like those Farming and French romance pack leaks ) it’s all the more crushing. Most leaks don’t come from official sources though, but they still have a huge effect on people.

Personally I don’t mind hints, I enjoy speculating and looking for clues because I know the outcome doesn’t touch me on an emotional level, other than ‘hey I got that right!’ Or ‘hey, I totally missed that one’. The speculation game itself is more fun to me than the official announcement of that DLC, since -although I know what I would like- I have zero expectations for packs.

The problem is that the hinting or teasers are inconsistent. We went from nothing to quarterly teasers to roadmaps with or without hints to no hints at all. The community does not know what to expect and when to expect it. We’re missing some kind of routine that’s not there. Everything seems to be subject to change these days so I can imagine all this guesswork causes anxiety within a community.
    For example, the Sims 3 store always released premium content once a month. If you know that’s what’s going to happen, there’s something to look out for. It’s like getting the daily newspaper. You know it will be available each day.
    There has never really been a steady routine in TS4 pack announcements since its initial launch. It’s been messy from day 1.

We've had a new pack released almost every month, it's not like anyone doubts they will release a pack soon. It's the content that people would probably like to know more. I don't remember anyone being so worked up on what the next TS3 Store update would be.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If this isn't announced in 2 weeks it will probably get leaked. DU was leaked last year.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    [/quote]Oof. No. That would be an utter nightmare for those of us with eating disorders IRL.[/quote]

Right?? Especially those who have been hospitalized with long lasting health issues because of it. I can only think of the 1965 sleepover Barbie.

UCn1rk5.jpg

Yikes. I'll pass.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
    I think the best time to announce Expansion Pack 10 would be on Patch Day Tuesday but they probably won't announce till the following week.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I can’t stand the wait anymore! Just let my hopes down already!!!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Same, like waiting is like bad for us, like come on! Ughhh!!

Same. I need something to look forward to and I'm ready to put up my Next Official Countdown Thread.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    They've all gone quiet lately except for the food and Ninja's lovely golden retriever puppies, as if they are having a rest before facing our wrath or otherwise (hopefully) when the Patch or EP information comes out.

I'm keeping an eye on their headers though as sometimes you get early warnings on those.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Frost just posted this... maybe a hint?

edited October 2020

Interesting...surprises included. Although if they decide to speak in Spanish I won't have a clue about what they're saying. :#
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    He's still redacted I see... I wonder what it is
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Interesting...surprises included. Although if they decide to speak in Spanish I won't have a clue about what they're saying. :#

They could be previewing some of the improved skin tones coming in tomorrow's patch; there are some very dark Hispanic/Latinx folks especially from the Caribbean and South America.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    i hope one of the Surprises is happy haunts :)
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member

They could be previewing some of the improved skin tones coming in tomorrow's patch; there are some very dark Hispanic/Latinx folks especially from the Caribbean and South America.

Allready confirmed that it is not about skintones. I think its about clothing ang hairstyles.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Please let it be about hair colours!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited October 2020
    They will announce that they allow us to give names to the gnomes :p

Name them Hispanic names only? :lol: Maybe we get sombreros and mariachi and flamenco. :)