Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shaymantha's showcase

Comments

• Options
    ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    chips46 wrote: Β»
    Great areas of your Science Lab build and amazing detail on the lot great work Sammy :)

Welcome back Maria and thank you very much for popping by and giving my work some more ❀ 😊
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Hi Sammy! I'm sorry to say that I honestly haven't had sims in the scientist career nor have I been to any sort of IRL lab to give any solid credible statements.

But I do like how streamlined and futuristic the exterior turned out to be. Make the corners rounded and it could pass of as alien-tech. The lab layouts are great (function wise) and wastes no space. The alarm lights indicating danger level are a nice touch *chef kisses*.

I really wish I could say more. It's a cool build and I'm sure you put a lot of thought into it. But I'm really out of my element here. lol I'll make it up to your next one.
  • Options
    Awww thanks my dear friend @orenjiAi for the feedback you have given though! I do appreciate your efforts and the time taken.

You did however spot the danger lights that I'd actually forgotten about even when screen shotting this build lol! 🀣 It's been a while since i played it πŸ˜… As for the rounded corners for an alien tech vibe i cant even put them in since we cant have round rooms πŸ˜”πŸ˜„

My next build is my military barracks so be careful what you wish for πŸ˜‰hahaha
  • Options
    My next build is my military barracks so be careful what you wish for πŸ˜‰hahaha

Get that fire exit door, I'm off!

lol
  • Options
    Lol what did i say? πŸ˜…πŸ€£
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hello all this next build is quite fitting to be the 3rd i post on here since 2 members of the family i had living at Oasis mansion went on to investigate the Strangeville mystery (my scientist and her alien housemate). The alien changed to military career by this time too.

The Barracks

This is a build that can be used as both a residential lot or community Gym and easy supports 8 sims. I personally used it as residential first to save going through loading screens every time i had to go home XD (lazy i know but i'm sure you'll agree that they can get annoying!) :joy: When i had completed the playthrough and moved my sims back home i changed it to a gym venue.
    VfUmMLu.png?1

First off is the outside areas to which i even build an assault course though sadly it's decoration only :( unlike the sims 2 where it was a career reward if i remember rightly.
    JbhShrr.png
    S1138eY.png
    2K6SNiy.png
    MAtcrP3.png
    OxKQw7O.png
    6OBu3F9.png
    foQWFlz.png

Next is the basement with a vault (which i may or may not have pretended to be the weapons lockup) XD It's got a mission breifing room as well as spy room kind of. Also storage space and woodworking tables.
    Wk4yLzi.png
    4aqhCtz.png
    Ir0HNNn.png
    rcKDVeB.png
    KTf9s4i.png
    JyxKFFb.png
    W2MILXs.png

Next is the ground Floor consisting of a games room, bar area, dining room, kitchen and it's gym area with pool and hottub. The basement is accessed from the gym. Also has bathrooms which lead out into the game/bar rooms as well as the gym.
    Q94ESmW.png
    mYtpzTR.png
    J3JsuEc.png
    0ZRnNGy.png
    RIQhLsj.png
    Fy4xTvy.png
    lRw0RoO.png
    X3Xw8MO.png
    ohRQtEm.png
    FkUqStq.png
    tJh3RxQ.png
    1HLwTru.png
    zIE3AL6.png
    YJHfGZI.png
    1hNphis.png
    2BwUnOK.png

The top floor is just the sleeping quarters and more bathrooms
    1BRrsC6.png
    8wNpcf9.png
    ZUpqkBD.png
    R8THFLr.png
    cqYLZms.png
    i7WKQzc.png
    FggwYjz.png
    wtLcAu9.png

You'll be glad to know that's it for this build hope you guys enjoy it :blush:
    Post edited by Shaymantha on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Barracks is a great build for Strangerville! :) Very nice exterior design, and the banners give a great look to front area walls! The design and layout of the assault course is very creatively great! Very nice water area design! The basement briefing room is very nice with the podium, flag and wall map great touches. Sims will enjoy doing woodworking on the crafting tables and using the listening device items. Very nice gym, pool, hot tub and basketball areas ! The blue wall tiling looks great and Sims will enjoy using the fitness equipment to keep fit whilst in Strangerville. Very nice kitchen, bar and dining areas! Sims will enjoy cooking meals, dining at the tables and having drinks from the bar. The games area is very nice for sims to enjoy playing games in the gaming cube or console games on the tv. The curved red seating is very nice. Very nice chess and card games tables area, They will enjoy karaoke and dancing to the stereo music. The sleeping quarters area is very nice. The layout is great!
    It is a very nice Strangerville build :)
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words on 'The Barracks' @rosemow :blush: I enjoy reading your lovely reviews and i'm glad you like my decor assault course it just didn't feel like an army barracks without one lol. I was in the army cadets, a youth organisation doing army themed stuff in my teens for 4 and a half years which i enjoyed very much. Going on camps and stuff doing assault courses along with various other stuff gave me the inspiration to do an army style base in Strangeville instead of another house. As for the briefing room indeed i agree the wall map with the podium are great items to use in a room similar to the classrooms we used :smiley:
  • Options
    The Barracks is a wonderfully simmified interpretation of build that pays tribute to our heroic soldier Sims. I am very impressed with the well-thought out assault course which for some reason makes me think of @Shaymantha screaming "Pinkev I will pin πŸ“Œ you!" as LilKev lamely trips into the water. The exteriorβ€”even the layoutβ€”would not be out of place in an IRL military camp. You had the character down to a tee. But the interiors shocked me a little NGL with how decorated and homely it turned out to be. But then again we need to cut our heroes some slack and they deserve some luxury. I am loving your mess hall. You did a great job of conveying what it is even without using the Discover University cafeteria station. The commons/game room looks like it'd be fun to laze around in (is that allowed?) and I find myself getting fond of blue things lately (same goes for your gym too). :)
  • Options
    Lol Kev i'm crying with laughter here since you gone and give me bad ideas again! >:) I'll be getting banned soon for bullying @orenjiAi! :joy: Joke ofc :smiley:

Thanks for popping by and leaving a fun review much appreciated! I was In the army cadets as i'm sure you may have read in my reply to Rosemow ;) and we once visited an army college for an open day and they had a room for games and relaxing that looked quite homely :open_mouth:

Yeah the mess hall turned out better than i thought glad you like it :smiley: and noes all blue things mine! muhahaha oh and maybe Heathers too :D

As for the assault course i miss the one from S2 that was actually useable! So improvising is what i'm good at ;)
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Great looking builds! :)

I really love how you put the rocket underground. :) The rocket is a lot of fun, but it always bothered me how it just didn't seem to blend in with the outdoor decor while sitting in my backyard or on the roof of my house (which forced me to have a flat roof). :#
  • Options
    Oh what a lovely surprise to see you my friend, thanks for visiting @luvdasims55 πŸ˜€ If you was still playing S4 i would have built the rocket house for you and let you do the rest to how you like. πŸ‘ Yeah the lack of the rocket not going with rest of my outdoor stuff really irritated me to the point of sinking the thing into the ground as you can see! πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    My Outdoor arena/ Party Park was my thank you build for gaining 20+ followers on gallery which i did not expect to get this quick! Built using base game pack only for everyone to enjoy :smiley:
    Party Park

XfER4dN.png
    Ny5NOOu.png
    G8ZxLWa.png
    sxO7YmY.png
    bJCfF9m.png
    YwbtRLc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    My 2nd thank you build for hitting my second milestone of 50+ followers just 10 days after hitting my first! :open_mouth: I'm thrilled to have made so many new friends already and I appreciate all the support everyone has given me even though i only been around for 2 months so far :blush: This castle was left unfinished so people could decorate it how they like and i do plan on doing a finished version sometime in the future just don't know when lol. Hope you guys enjoy it
    Castle Shell

njxnNU4.png
    uCW9xAW.png
    oK8z88N.png
    BLJUPoF.png
    t0ZlzGR.png
    6T9SfYC.png
    qO8SMO2.png
    YYWOd8Y.png
    3we28sO.png
    8yeuzkP.png
    7JmV9jn.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited October 2020
    Your Thankyou gift build for 20 followers is a very lovely outdoors arena/party park! :) The design, layout,and furnishings are very nice! Very great red curtained music stage with very nice side dressing room areas! The clothes and shoes racks, and beauty items are great for sims to use when preparing to perform, Sims musicians will enjoy perforning and playing the piano and the guitars. The star, cat musician and neon signs on the wall look great! Very nice glass roof side areas bar and stools counters! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having drinks from the bar. The neon bar signs and drinks are very nice on the walls, Lovely dining tables and chairs area to watch performances and also have drinks from bar. The griill and picnic tables area is very nice! Sims will enjoy meals in the outside air at the tables that they have cooked on the grill. The flowers on the patio edges are very pretty!
    Very lovely exterior design and layout of the castle! :) The arch windows are very nice. The surrounding fencing area with towers on the corners is great! The moat, the bridge with knights statues and the balcony are very nice!
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your kind words @rosemow :smile: The moat i'm very proud of getting it all the way round! Wasn't easy at all till i found a trick to doing it since i'm quite persistent! :joy:
  • Options
    My S3 band would have loved to perform in your park! Love the castle as well! Then again, who doesn't love a huge castle! :)

2 more really great builds! :)
  • Options
    Aww thanks @luvdasims55 the park is my S4 style of my S3 arena that i made for my S3 rock band that i had too :wink: Though makes me sad i can't have them back in S4 :( and no drums in S4!! What's my drummer supposed to use EA/Maxis steel can lids?! :joy:
  • Options
    @Shaymantha lol, glad your not the only one that has noticed no drums in 4. :/
  • Options
    Lol @luvdasims55 was the FIRST thing i noticed my rock band was my main save in S3 so i turned them all into occult pirates instead as im adaptable like that ;)
  • Options
    @Shaymantha OMG! A pirate band lol. :o Now that is hot! B)

Was gonna say, I don't think 4 has bands either. Unless the ability to form a band came out in a later pack. I'm not sure as I haven't bought a pack in ages. As popular as bands were in 3, hard to believe they wouldn't put it in 4. Then again, where are my doorbells? :/
  • Options
    Lol @luvdasims55 they not in a band. Sadly still no options for forming a band and still no drums too!! They all maxed on all skills for the packs i do own as not got them all myself atm.
  • Options
    @Shaymantha Ya, it really sux that you can't start a band. :/ Closest they come is in Get Together with a club, but it still isn't even close to being able to go do gigs at awesome venues. Think I'm gonna cry. :'(
  • Options
    Please don't @luvdasims55 or i'll cry too! :bawling: lol
  • Options
    @Shaymantha Ya, it really sux that you can't start a band. :/ Closest they come is in Get Together with a club, but it still isn't even close to being able to go do gigs at awesome venues. Think I'm gonna cry. :'(

And let's not forget...what's a band without the drummer? :o The drummer is the focal point of the band for crying out loud! :o