Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Boomhauer and Dauterive (King of the Hill): It seems like every time I try to further the relationship of Bill Dauterive and Rose Nylund, embarrassment and sadness seem to get in the way of getting it further. Thankfully it's easier with Boomhauer and Jade Rosa (one of the pre-made Sims) and acting in character, he had a one-night stand with her. But since it was "try for a baby", I had her move in when she got pregnant. Here's Bill holding Jade and Boomhauer's son, Patch (named after Boomhauer's brother in the show).
    10-03-20-9-37-13-PM.png

Granted the real craziness was when the Gribble family (King of the Hill) would make too much noise (complete with hearts coming out of the door) and answer the door. Here's two of the outfits that Dale greeted us in.
    10-03-20-8-07-37-PM.png
    10-03-20-9-24-42-PM.png

Then there's this little thing Dale did when he was in the apartment.
    10-03-20-9-35-02-PM.png
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    So you could say Eve was upset at being attacked in her home (again!) and losing Akira to the finitude of humanity but that would have been an understatement. But she was done bickering with Eli, if he wanted a war she'd make sure her opening salvo was one of overwhelming force.

From what she had overheard as a child between Mirimata and Eli she knew the Sages acted as lynchpins, literally keeping the Magical Realm together via cooperative magic. And while Eli might be a bit of a magical outcast demonstrating that she could imperil the only unifying symbol spellcasters across multiple worlds had would make it clear that she would only be pressed so far.

And so on an attack on the very heart of spellcasters the vampire Eve Sin attacked the Magical Realm and drained the life force of all three sages...

YS3dfl1.png

tjkNUMU.png

xq0Uzhu.png

Kiw2h7V.png

Meanwhile, Willow adopted a new baby, Eden. It would mark one of the last times Mirimata showed any interest in her family.

qD03IqR.png

Eli enjoyed the role of gay uncle though.

5i5s4Xq.png
    &PHgr;
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Ok, this just took hours to write, lol. But it catches me up to my last post on page 780. I will start to get to those tomorrow, hopefully. But once again it is 2 am and, per Dr's orders, I should go to bed!

@Metior_Ice pg 779

Ahhhhh, ok, it all becomes clear now! Lol! I missed stuff here and there, and must’ve missed the point when the whole thing became a legacy story/challenge. I mean, I didn’t miss it entirely. I’ve seen that there are new characters, and that it’s a legacy story now. I missed hearing that the point of the legacy is to bring the twins back to life, lol. That is an important part to know!

Those are some absolutely wild tasks that must be performed! Yikes! But I just love how it’s going to work, and the reason why!
    The idea is that the absence of the Talismans and the Presence of one of the Evils is preventing them from being brought back to life. Returning a Talisman to a shrine and completing a quest helps to heal the islands and removes a negative element afflicting the gameplay.
    All of the negative NAPs that are enabled are just terrible in terms of making it easy to finish these tasks! Yikes, really they are nightmares, lol!! But how super cool that Eco Living came out and you can make this amazing plot!

So, you said that Reef completed his Quest. It sounds to me as if his tasks were the first ones in the Zephyr’s quest’s spoiler. Does that mean that each quest will be done by another heir? None of them will have to do a bunch of the quests themselves, right? Because the first heir did the first of Dylan’s quests, so that’s what I’m inferring.

Did you make this all up? The rules and plans? I feel like I read that you did, but I can’t remember for sure.

And yes, I’m glad you have lots of ways to get the boys back to life! They were so close, like you said. And they were good people/mermen too! And Oh Lord, it took you such a long time to get them just how you wanted them!

That’s a great idea to have them invent a potion of youth once they become scientists! Then you won’t have to worry about aging at all anymore!

And ok, I’ve heard of that before. That the Sims in the played Sims category will not age up on their own. I just play with aging off altogether. I had to lol at this too!
    I don't think you want to see what Max looks like.
    Now I really want to see what Max looks like! Lol! I have seen how he ages up in a bunch of people’s stories, and often it’s not that great! lol

I can’t believe that you found 30 merfolk in your game! Holy Cow! I know of 5 that are always there when you start a new save, right? Nalani, and Uhu, and Paka, and darn I can’t remember any other names. Other than those, I rarely see any.

I saw your reply to someone, I’m pretty sure it was ryttu3k, about how you know very little about the premades in the game. That’s how I was before joining this thread too. But from my observations it often seems that if you include premades in your stories, more people will read them. That is, as long as you make them (mostly) act like they are supposed to act. Or you have a very good reason to make them act differently. My Don does not act like canon Don at all right now. But that’s because of what Thorne did to him.

It was explained to me once, and the gist of it is that original characters that you make up yourself are interesting, but unknown, so as a reader you can’t try to predict what will happen with a situation, because you aren’t invested enough in the characters to try to keep track of all their idiosyncrasies.

The premades, particularly the ones from the older expansions, are known personas, and it’s fun to see them interact with the characters that people have made themselves, because with the premades involved, you can try to predict what will happen, and it will be fun to see if you’re correct.

Like you can count on Don Lothario and J Huntington III to be players, and to most likely break your sim’s heart. You can count on Wolfgang Munch to be gloomy, and “naughty” but he is always actually sweet underneath, and it’s fun to see him interact with babies and stuff.

The Landgraabs are always amazing to include. Nancy is an unbelievable snob, plus, a high level criminal. Her son Malcolm is stuck up, and evil! So you can never predict how awful either of them can be. Most of the premades have Over-the-top personalities, and very likely have extra programming to make them do things much more than a regular Sim with a certain trait would.

So if you can find a way to incorporate the premades into your story it might be really fun! I’m sure lots of people here could give you advice! One person comes to my mind right away, and that’s Daephene. She has millions of descendants from her original Sim, and every descendant has married a premade Maxis Sim. So all of us know the spouse of her original character. It’s super cool. Sarabeth2984 does it often also. (I’m sure I’m forgetting others of you that also do it, and I’m sorry about that!!) And of course there are many exceptions to this rule, there are very popular stories with all original characters. No Maxis premades at all.
    @AlwaysAsking and @RedDestiny92

I’m looking at you Thorne and Don. If one of the stories didn’t end with a shark attack I would be more confused.
    I’m laughing at this! Are you implying that the stories Should result in a shark attack? Because Thorne is so awful? Or remembering the story when one of them did die from sharks? :D

I have been writing my Thorne and Don saga since last year at around this time. My Thorne is a pretty rotten guy, sometimes. Usually he has a very good reason for being so awful. My Don started off as a really rotten guy, but that rotten Don is canon Don, as he is supposed to act.

At some point I put them up in my gallery, as a couple, and some people here used them to write little stories. RedDestiny92 was one of those people. Hers ended with Don accidentally falling in the shark pool. But hers was a short story. She was surprised about how close the guys are, and that they follow each other around, etc. That particular Don that I uploaded does not act like regular Don anymore, he’s been molded by what happens in my gameplay, and she noticed it, and wrote a short story about them.

My own story is not complete yet. And as you saw, Thorne is having a hard time controlling his thoughts again. Things are never good when he loses control, especially because Don is so dependent on him for everything. Not just money, but also Don’s emotional state, and his ability to make his own decisions, and most of his self-esteem. He can’t function well without Thorne there with him and Thorne being in a good mental state.

@sunblond pg 779

Oh good. Another person who understands the difficulty of letting a Sim die. I don’t think I’ll get over it though. But most people are able to rationalize that this is just a game! lmao. I’m not a rational person.

And I don’t use any mods or CC, but if my Sims suddenly start dying of emotional deaths constantly I just might have to finally put in an exception to my rule. Because I’m not dealing with that over and over! All of that “Exit without Saving” rigmarole. It’s quite a pain.

I do understand how you came to make this plan with Becca though. You’re right. You have been making families and Sims in nearly every way, shape, and form. So I guess it’s natural that you try this too. But it was Omar!!!!! Sweet wonderful Omar! Ok, granted, there are no actual bad Sims in your game, lol, so how do you pick?

Lol, it’s funny how you play God, and don’t play God, as the situations arise. I just tried forcing a romance. Nope, wasn’t gonna work out. lol So I don’t blame you for that! And it’s interesting to me how some of the Sims have no trouble being with either gender, but some of them are pretty “straight” or pretty “gay” for the most part. Like I said, I don’t use mods or CC, so I don’t have any easy way to check their gender preference.

That’s nice how you picked out who would be Omar’s new wife, but were prepared to abandon the plan if they didn’t “click” when they met. And a fun way to try out some potential spouses! In a different save!

@Dust_Bunny2010 pg 779
    I envy your ability to art.

Thank you! Making them was lots of fun!
    Her story took a life of its own, so I decided to start from there. By counting years and comparing to the human lifespan, some 210+ years should've passed since 2004-2005, which is the official year when TS2 takes place (Bella Goth disappeared sometime in 2004). Luise was actually investigating the disappearances of (in)famous Sims, such as Bella and Don, for her history major thesis at Sim State.

Ok, but that was always confusing, because I remember her freaking out about someone being there, because they were supposed to be gone. Perhaps it was Bella, but I know it was someone.

Also, I don’t remember if Don ever appeared in your story. I kind of feel like he was at the outdoor party, where she ended up showing that she was a woman, but I’m not sure. So I don’t know how her research ended up. I know she was writing about all of it.
    The effects of Cherenkov radiation as well as lingering vampiric physiology did something to her body that reanimated it and well, she was thrown into TS4's reality

Is this aspect from your original TS2 playthrough?
    I'm happy to report their marriage was a happy, and incredibly fruitful (4 kids!), one. They died not so many days apart, and the eldest took succession.

And Ok, Yay!! Did they ever have a son?

@Daravi

Awww, thanks :blush: I’m glad you like “real” Thorne. I do too, lol :smiley:

And oh, ok, yeah, when the romance bar drops you never know what will happen.

That’s so sad that your family’s older pictures were lost during the war. I’m sorry about that. A party in the 50’s is probably funny to look at though.

I’ve been told that this is from Easter morning when she was about 3. So that would make it 1911.
    KUbeWOP.jpg

This was written on the back of it. I have asked a few German people that I know if they can read it, but they all said it was too crackled/messed up to read. I can clearly see my Grandmother’s name, Wilma, but I can’t figure out anything else.

klmJEzb.png

@Lyrie pg 779

Thanks so much. I’m glad you see Don and Thorne’s relationship strain. I feel like all I’m portraying is Thorne’s paranoia.

And yeah, lol, It’s so easy to get distracted by Ian and Lawrence! Lol! Just look at their little sweet selves. And this is Joey’s save! I don’t even play them in this save!!
    bt3RMJo.png

ozK7BgR.png

mEMIeIp.png

NI3xFyH.png

vh3hvlw.png
    Oh yes you are right, Lilith has been forgiven her, it is still a Mckenna hang up, but she has come a long way, but still has some to go until she can fully forgive herself. I think like Throne all three Stone siblings need a nice ticket to therapy. Even Max and Lili sure things are going good for them, but without inner peace and help or healing trauma and passed strife it can still stick around and cause issues.
    Maybe we can find a good counselor and share him/her? Lol! But yeah, for sure. Healing from trauma is extremely difficult. And they do need to get past it. Although I really think that Rainbow is doing wonders for Max. His determination to make sure her childhood is nothing like his has really made him mature, and think some deep thoughts. Hopefully the girls will be ok. I mean, Lilith went through absolute Hell with Mckenna, and even if she has forgiven her, the scars are still there, you know? And Mckenna went through so much from her mom, yikes! And then the day she made Rainbow’s mom so angry that she died!! I do remember that’s when she had her epiphany.

I’m not sure how you can be patient enough to wait for toddlers to grow up! Lol, But with the last name Zest, it will be fun to see the teen aged variety!

And the “couple not couple” dynamic is adorable, and very realistic in my opinion. I’ve had relationships start off like that, lots of times!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    @ryttu3k "Oh my, angry ex-husband. It'd be a shame if he was to cross paths with two Sith Lords, one of whom is the son of the Grim Reaper... " Well it's good that you said this because today's update is titled
    The Gang Plans a Murder

But before any of that dark stuff happens, Grim's sister Raven came to visit.
    FK4VbiS.png
    Oh and looks like she'll be giving Octavia her first grandchild. Too bad she took so long to get that bun in the oven, Ariel could've met her first Great-Great Grandchild.
    wB00gXa.png
    Nothing to see here, just the kids playing video games with their Uncle Vader.
    b2WSvwP.png
    Later that day, Grim and Vader had a nice little Lightsaber duel.
    3ZhtHFJ.png
    If only those two knew that the REAL show was outside that window.
    YdPAr6e.png
    Grim: "Well since my girlfriend is the bread winner I should make dinner for when she gets home. Surely I have inherited my dad's cooking skill."
    5dBwea1.png
    Grim: "And the spoon dissolved, Nice."
    GVzM8lH.png
    Sabrina: "Oh Grim, the kids told me that you've been really supportive of them recently."
    Grim: "Oh yeah, I'm just doing what I can to be a positive influence in their lives."
    3l8HVml.png
    Earlier at dinner time.
    Hunter: "There's a bandaid in my beans."
    Grim: "No, that's a flavor patch, now shut up and eat."
    cbtilJy.png
    Darth Vader: "Now if you're going to live under this roof you need to learn how to use a lightsaber. Now this lightsaber I'm letting you use was once used by a great Jedi whom I respected very much."
    Hunter: "Oh that sounds nice."
    Darth Vader: "Then I helped kill him because the Dark Side is crazy yo."
    Hunter: "Oh."
    PBcxwRH.png
    Darth Vader: "Now be careful or else your face will look like Grim's."
    GeYVCbw.png
    Grim: "Ha ha, my face still hurts."
    LIcT4Ds.png
    Judging by the look on Hunter's face, she's having a great time and Vader is a wonderful teacher.
    HOoAvkl.png
    Later that day.
    Darth Vader: "And that's when I killed that room of children."
    3I149sD.png
    Sabrina: "Whoa, that's a terrible story."
    Darth Vader: "I know right? And my wife STILL died in the end and I lost both my legs and was set on fire in a Volcano. Talk about awkward."
    0EwzkFV.png
    Grim: "Hey Vader, can you leave us alone for just a second?"
    Darth Vader: "Sure thing Grim, I really warmed her up with that story about the Younglings....oh those poor Younglings."
    Z5UQ6xH.png
    And so Grim living true to his title of "He Who Moves Too Fast In a Relationship", Grim continues to move pretty dang fast.
    eeaUAhb.png
    Casey: "What are we doing in the bathroom, Uncle Vader?"
    Darth Vader: "Giving your mom and soon to be Step-Dad some much needed privacy."
    fFZC1BM.png
    Luckily Sabrina isn't getting any younger either and is able to keep up with Grim's speed.
    d7Y1ZEq.png
    Also you know who we haven't seen in a while thanks to Batuu not letting you bring your familiars out? GOOD OL' SKULLSCRUSHER!
    Skullcrusher: "Oh boy, It's been years since I've felt fresh air but I'm just so happy to be here that I don't hold any hard feelings towards you!"
    Good Ol' Skullcrusher.
    mG0RyIu.png
    Darth Vader: "Now Grim, there's no easy way to say this. But I'm dying."
    i89umas.png
    Grim: "Oh Vader, I'm so sorry to hear that."
    vURijIb.png
    Darth Vader: "Now listen, you can feel bad for me later. Before I die I want to help you get rid of that Ex-Husband. His face displeases me and his existence is an insult to our very way of life."
    vURijIb.png
    Grim: "Listen Vader, this is NOT a good time to talk about Murder."
    U9O1c9J.png
    21 minutes later.
    Grim: "NOW it's time to talk about murder. Let the first meeting of the secret council of murder commence."
    93ibxLZ.png
    Grim: "Now I'm sure you all know my dad, Grim Reaper Sr and Sonya?"
    Grim Sr: "'Sup."
    Sonya: "Ey yo."
    yO1qNrj.png
    Grim: "Luke Skywalker, I'm surprised you're here though."
    Luke: "I'm not actually here to join in on the murder. I'm just here to try and talk you guys out of this."
    2A3ucNP.png
    Grim Jr: "Alright everyone, Satan will be here soon with the cookies, but until then we need to discuss our plan to kill my Fiance's Ex-Husban-Sonya what are you doing?"
    btqFUpr.png
    Sonya: "I wanted to sit at this couch instead. This is where Darth Vader is!"
    Darth Vader: "Yes yes, the ladies love the Dark Side."
    Yh0jWpe.png
    Grim Jr: "Uh oh, Ex-Husband is already here. Gotta hold him off until Satan gets here."
    tHbsiJD.png
    Grim: "Might I offer a nice bowl of beans? I assure you, it's not poisoned."
    WGXR1lv.png
    Ex-Husband: "Eat this!"
    X0VCNCn.png
    Bonk
    Skullcrusher: "Oh boy Master, that certainly looked like it hurt!"
    0t09HLc.png
    Grim Sr: "Hey Punk, get away from my son and come get a piece of me!"
    BSks9ai.png
    8 Seconds later.
    Grim Sr: "STOP STOP! I YIELD I YIELD! PLEASE STOP BEATING ME!"
    nJVgdJC.png
    Darth Vader: "Oh come on, let me get my lightsaber out first!"
    UFTwDZC.png
    FssQEZS.png
    Darth Vader: "Is it alright if I stay out of the rest of this attempted murder?"
    PyE7EVO.png
    Sonya: "I assure you, it is unwise to challenge me."
    KryIZ0N.png
    oWHYrSp.png
    Sonya: "Nevermind, carry on with your day."
    Ex-Husband: "Man do I sure feel powerful!"
    i49pp56.png
    Luke: "Now listen, as much as I like to see a bunch of villains get their faces beaten in. I think this all has to come to a stop."
    Ex-Husband: "You better get out of my way or you're next."
    Luke: "Please, what are you going to do to a ghost?"
    HNee3Kw.png
    TcmkpMM.png
    Luke: "Oh my Jawa's."
    Sabrina: "You should never underestimate the Ex-Husband. Now you see why I left him."
    T2IgQnq.png
    Satan: "Hey guys, sorry I'm late but....Who's this?"
    Ex-Husband: "I should be asking that question, who the hell are you?"
    Satan: "Literally Hell itself, I'm Satan it's nice to meet you."
    Z2rdwKi.png
    Ex-Husband: "Oh look at me, I'm Satan. I got lame red skin and a lame suit."
    Satan: "Hey don't mock me!"
    9COMW8L.png
    Ex-Husband: "Oh look at me, I'm Satan. I'm about to cry because someone made fun of his stupid lame suit."
    Satan: "Alright I've had enough of this already."
    gamdwoB.png
    Ex-Husband: "IT BURNS!"
    J1t2XHk.png
    Grim: "Thanks Uncle Satan, I knew I could count on you. Now where's those cookies?"
    fsGUgp1.png
    Satan: "Would you look at that, I was late but I STILL forgot the cookies? Aren't I a wacky character?"
    Audience: *Applauds*
    Casey: "Wait, did you guys just kill my dad?"
    smmMyKU.png
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,320 Member
    @Lucy_Henley
    I play the game in danish :)
    It's like teens randomly make angry sounds and look like the whole world is against em and I wonder if I let em do the wrong things.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited October 2020
    Responses to stories:

@MelsieYT omg the twins bedroom is the most adorable thing ever! Also I love how your game looks, is that a reshade filter? It's so pretty <3

@Lucy_Henley I love how responsible Xanthe is, first she makes a mess and then she cleans it us :D

@Duvelina Enjoyed reading your latest update about Max! The story is so intruiging, I can't wait to find out what happens next :)

@haneul Oh my, Aster's story is just... wow. Great storytelling, I was on the edge of my seat to see how it works out. I'm sure Deli learned a lot from her experience. The artbreeder versions of your sims look beautiful <3

@Daephene woah, that's quite some drama! I love how Brittany Cho and Billie just got together after that affair thing :joy: You go, girls! Congrats to Jacob and Olivia <3

Responses to mentions:

@DeafSimmer, @Svineprutter, @Lucy_Henley, @Duvelina thank you so much for your lovely replies! <3

@ryttu3k
    god O started out so bad and then... yeah definitely cried over 2.13. And yeah, sorry, non-Torchwood fans XD Oh jeez, bringing in L? Time for trauma.
    Hehe yep... Even L... aaaahh we're so far away from that, maybe nothing will even happen :D
    Ianto, crusher of hopes and dreams! (And ooh that reminds me I need to find a Halloween costume for Luca on Simsta XD) Dinosaur works too, and hee, the Spider-man one! And Totoro!! Oh my goodness Rhi clinging to Liliana's leg XD I love how Ianto is still a toddler himself but still tries to wrangle the others XD
    He feels bad for the adults... And I myself was always that crazy toddler that protected grownups from our baby abuse ;)
    Aww, Thor being able to talk openly about his background is really nice. Loki!! Oh my god are those cherub versions of Aziraphale and Crowley? XD
    Why did you say that, I can't unsee that now!! :D Anyway, no, they're just random cherub tots I created and we probably won't see any more of them (although they're cute and I kinda wann...) Az and Crowley are supposed to be older.
    Oh boy, Ianto, what are you planning?
    Heheheheeee :smirk:
    Thank you! :blush:

@haneul
    Your sims turned out wonderful with Artbreeder. The toddlers are too adorable.
    Thank you! I was surprised myself that they turned out so well :)
    I love Morgan's question about crushes. It's perfectly sweet and complicated, but poor Kristian.
    Haha yes, Kristian really didn't get lucky there :joy:
    Coffee is a unique first word. I'm still so invested in seeing how Ianto progresses as a toddler and child since he seems to not completely lose his mind in accordance with his theory about how newborns grow. He thinks in such a unique way I wonder how he'll cope with the others around him as he grows even though he seems to do relatively well with his sister.
    I must say, I love how you're analyzing his character. You're pretty 'spot on' on quite a few things there ;)
    Thank you! <3

"And... and... and we really really love you..."
    t2qi7NE.png

"And I promise I'm eating all of my vegetables and being a good girl, grandpa!"
    e3jlpSz.png

"Uncle Thor told us all about your adventures and we... we..."
    SUmsIiy.png

"We wish we could meet you so much, Grandpa!.. You were a real super duper hero..."
    6NIdRsB.png

My sister can be very emotional when it comes to dead people. I'm a bit more cynical.
    QCOdYNp.png

Of course after all of Thor's stories about how amazing our grandpa was we all wanted to go see his grave. The twins already been there, but we... we hadn't. And it was a rather interesting experience.
    VIGVcL7.png

"Bunny!"
    b7q5sCM.png

To Rhi, it seemed unfair that our grandpa's body was lying underground. To me, it seemed unfair that someone decided to leave an innocent toy on a graveyard. Have you ever watched Toy Story? Imagine if it would end with Woody being the toy lying on Andy's graveyard. Nope, instead he was given to Bonnie... which dared lose him in the sequel that-shall-not-be-named... Anyway, toys are meant for children. And I was a child.
    e0eaWBo.png

"Ianto no, that's Dad's..."
    EtOGpDX.png

"It's okay, Peter. He can have it."
    I59WiIL.png

"You take good care of that bunny for grandpa, okay?"
    And that's how Myfanwy joined my life. Which means beloved. But in welsh.
    kbk7lFG.png
    More under the cut:
    "Why did you go? You didn't see me or Rhi."
    42WHoW7.png

"You woo'd like Rhi. Eve'yone likes Rhi. Maybe you'd like me too."
    kOzVtFD.png

Myfanwy was my guide to Grandpa. The creature between two worlds, the one that used to belong to him and now belonged to me. I suffered her loss the most when the time came. Even though she was just a toy.
    q41vBcH.png

"Hey Pa? Is that normal?.."
    "What?"
    "Well Ianto stopped playing with the other kids at all..."
    tsVRrqO.png

"Instead he's just sitting with that bunny and mumbling something under his nose... D'you think Dad's grave could've... I don't know... affected him? Maybe we shouldn't have..."
    "I'm sure it's fine. Children react to death in different ways..."
    SWmy2eS.png

I could spent hours staring at Myfanwy and thinking about Grandpa. There are people of the light, people of the dark and all of the ones in-between. Or so the tales say. Most of the people in our family were definitely in the light. My parents, Rhi, the twins. I felt like grandpa Steve. Thor and Peggy were closer to the gray area. But I always felt like I was a person of the dark.
    dWKz7i5.png

And for the record, by dark I don't mean evil or anything like that. Most people think that darkness represents either evil, either stupidity. I saw it differently - I saw it as awareness. The ability to see the reality, the choices and the consequences. Not convince yourself that you're living in a world of fluffy cotton candy clouds and nothing is hiding in the dark ready to snatch you when you lose guard. I understood what grandpa Steve had a little bit of it - he may just be the kindest person I know but he suffered a lot in life. But I haven't even lived long enough - why was I stuck in the dark?
    8VzP2kb.png

Something told me that my grandpa was the same way. In the dark, with me. Perhaps that's why I always felt a connection to him. Perhaps that's why I was always so fixed on him. I needed to talk to someone who understood... And for some reason I convinced myself that he was that person. The only person that could understand me was dead. He was dead because of a psychopath and my sweet, lighthearted family decided to just... let it go. Because they belonged in the light. So they forgave. I wanted revenge.
    sGpSQ0n.png

t2CVX8y.png

And I wanted my superhero grandpa back.
    7U4lH03.png

"How's it going, kiddo?"
    8sPBZuq.png

"Rhi ate my cupcake and Mom won't give me coffee..."
    niWVhFJ.png

"Oh my, that does sound tough. How dare they? To my own grandson... looks like I'm going to have to have a serious talking with them, hmm?"
    rLpHoUq.png

"It's okay, I'm not mad! Let's play!!"
    fcBkNNL.png

"Oh you want to play? You want to play, huh?"
    "DINOSAUWS IN SPACE!"
    a4Whxdv.png

"Weee, we flying!"
    "Yup, we are flying to the stars, kiddo!"
    tDLrlde.png

"Oh no! Where's Ianto? I swear, that kid always disappears out of sight the moment I look away..."
    i8oLsyB.png

"But I'm over here, grandpa!"
    k45dCba.png

"Yup, that you are..."
    Q6Y1fHk.png

"How's the weather up there in space, hmm?"
    DOxEmuM.png

"It's raining dinosauws!!"
    "Oooh, that's some great weather you got there..."
    lBeiyi3.png

Now just for the record - obviously none of this happened. I'm not stupid or insane, I didn't hallucinate my grandpa. Ghosts don't just jump out of old toys and play with you - there's load of paperwork to be done for a ghost to ever appear to you...
    TPNHQAP.png

But I did imagine him often. Playing with him, talking to him. All in my head as I cuddled Myfanwy.
    fcf9xdt.png

He was my imaginary friend. My superhero. And I always thought what it would be like if he was still alive.
    gHDIccn.png

"That was some great playing, kiddo!"
    "Round two, round two!"
    8dTwCg7.png

"I'm still concerned, Pa... He's been standing like that for ages..."
    I6IGBEg.png

"Round two, round two!!"
    "What's he even talking about?.."
    Yes, I was weird. But enough about that.
    jmw7F94.png

"Nooooo! Thor no go!"
    mTWp2zx.png

"Yeah you can't leave!"
    lsF9sYu.png

"Children, I cannot ignore something so sacred, you have to understand! I am leaving tonight!"
    LCnzvJ2.png

No doubt, Thor was everyone's favorite person to play with. And the day he was set to leave on a secret mission to seek the wisdom of Sulani or something like that was the exact day we were leaving.
    6la2k5G.png

"We gonna miss you, Thor..."
    Gv5Aiqa.png

"Oh, I'll miss you too, little peanuts."
    LfSGyEK.png

November crept by suddenly.
    zr2qAki.png

We spent the last hours together at a bonfire, even though the weather was too hot.
    fyG19NK.png

AC7aOTY.png

f7C8zlh.png

jDCPDYz.png

fYkKORT.png

Everything was wonderful about that night.
    1bK7B4O.png

The crackles of the fire, the jokes and giggles of our parents...
    FH1Qu4n.png

Wonderful.
    t9RRlm0.png

I was happy on Sulani. And so was my sister. What we had there felt like a real family. A small house, lots of kids running around, tons of relatives fussing over you...
    R2oqKJS.png

I don't know why our parents were so determined to end it.
    "Promise you'll visit next year, okay? And videocalls - I'm expecting videocalls every week! Ohh, I'm missing you already... stay for another couple of months?"
    "Haha don't worry Pa, it's not like we won't see each other again..."
    F5OOsqn.png

I don't know why they had to snatch us out of a warm and cozy nest where we felt safe and loved.
    "You are literally too cool for my brother..."
    WT7o2wQ.png

I don't know why they felt like moving from a bright and sunny island to a gloomy and rainy town was the best option for us.
    "Bye bye Rhi! Have fun in Brindleton Bay!"
    "Goo'bye!"
    75YNloK.png

They took us - two pampered, spoiled, gently coddled by our grandparents children who took exceptional love and care as granted. They took us and just... threw us out in the cold.
    7T0ZLz2.png

Now I may be overreacting. But that's... that's how it felt. Almost like betrayal. I'm glad my uncle and aunt never had to experience that. No child ever should.
    zaX9Cy7.png

I remember very clearly how we left. Rhi was holding mom's hand and Dad was carrying me. I didn't quite understand what was happening and where were we going. I didn't know that within hours I'd be causing a tantrum because of the harsh wind hurting my low immune system and that within I week I'd be lying with a sore throat and yelling at anyone coming near me.
    ZmZwfVj.png

But I remember that as I sat there, cuddling Myfanwy and taking a last glance at the little cottage that became my home, I felt like something very important was being taken away from me. And there was nothing I could do to prevent that.
    KJKuHo9.png

I was helpless.
    LTpzYuF.png

Bonus: of course Ianto's favourite toy to autonomously play with would be an alien :D
    D8DlhDb.png

Stinky baby Ianto.
    216LJEn.png

Also I love how he always watches how Gwen works!
    AuPsL9o.png

Look at that lil' face, waaah <3
    Ks8awsl.png
    |Navigation|Beginning|Previous update|Next update|
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited October 2020
    2WgpoP.md.png

Here are my three favourite sims of the moment! I give you Tracy Donahue and her younger twin brother and sister Kade and Blake. Their mother, Darcy Innes, (i'll introduce her soon no doubt!) is fabulous, having spawned 17 children so far. They live in the Donahue mansion with their father and step mother, also known as the Kardashians of Oasis Springs... and they're brilliant. They grew up smart and intelligent and kind, but Tracy is a bit of a fame seeking nightmare and looks like she'll go down the famous route! I've followed them since birth and its so exciting to see them grow! :)
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    So, Lea is back home temporarily from her Adventure at the Batuu Journey Amusement Park. She decided to go shopping then hang out with her boyfriend, Brett.

Earlier in the week she decided to blow-out her natural hair and go for a straight look. Trying on a new athletic outfit and an everyday outfit.
    Lea-Shopping-Day-1.jpg

Another everyday outfit and a formal outfit.
    Lea-Shopping-Day-2.jpg

Lea went to the Eco Salon and decided to go back to her natural normal everyday look. She bought this outfit for parties and this one for the beach.
    Lea-Shopping-Day-3.jpg

She found this cute outfit for Summer and this ensemble for Winter. A girl must have her matching polish for her nails of course.
    Lea-Shopping-Day-4.jpg

So, Lea’s boyfriend, Brett, came to pick her up at her house in Evergreen Harbor—Conifer Station.
    Love-1.jpg

He’s very affectionate.
    Love-2.jpg

They went to the outdoor skating rink in Willow Creek at Magnolia Blossom Park where the Eco Footprint is Green. This is there first-time skating and neither one of them is doing to well. Yet, they will keep at it.
    Love-3.jpg

Brett decides that is enough since this is his third time going down. Plus, they both want something sweet.
    Love-4.jpg

It’s getting cold so they decide to change into something warmer. Enjoying their ice-cream cone together.
    Love-5.jpg

Some little kids playing at the park bump into Brett and he drops his ice-cream cone.
    Love-6.jpg

Ending this wonderful day on the swings with the boy who has her heart.
    Love-7.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    @MelsieYT omg the twins bedroom is the most adorable thing ever! Also I love how your game looks, is that a reshade filter? It's so pretty <3

I WISH it were reshade. It'd make my life so much easier. I edit all of my screenshots before I post them to Tumblr... thousands of them at this point... At least you noticed it, which makes me feel better about how tedious it is. (I have a psd file so it's not even THAT bad lol)

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    Now that Peter had obtained Virtuoso rank, he was able to ask Simeon for the Ultimate Practical Spell.
    "Well, congratulations for becoming a Virtuoso, Peter!" Simeon said. "Right..."
    He waved his wand.
    "Now you are able to perform the Rite of Ascension upon someone," Simeon explained.
    "Awesome!" Peter grinned. "Ah look, there's Morgyn, I can ask him for the Ultimate Untamed Spell..."

fZGtUA6.jpg

"Aha, a new Virtuoso, I haven't had one of them for a while," said Morgyn Ember, smiling. "The Ultimate Untamed Spell will enable you to clone yourself for a while! Just utter the word Duplicato, and there he will be."

kg9lody.jpg

It was very late, and Peter couldn't find the Mischief sage, so he went back to San Myshuno.

The following day was Friday, Science and Technology Day at Llama Elementary, which was right up Artemis's street. She was a genius kid, but knew she was rather young to decide definitively on what she wanted to do when she was older. And anyway, any kid surely loved the idea of making fun potions and potential explosions with a chemistry set!
    "Hmm... what goes well with this mixture?" she asked herself, consulting the manual for the potion table.

zfvitPV.jpg

Even though she was a very confident reader, Artemis felt it was always fun to be read to. Caroline was good at doing voices, which wasn't surprising given her talent at acting.

BHAxjIh.jpg

It was also Love Day!
    "You know, I'm a Virtuoso Spellcaster now..." Peter whispered.
    "I know that," Caroline replied. "Unless you're implying you're a virtuoso elsewhere...?" she added, raising her eyebrows.

uyVEy5l.jpg

I briefly went over to the Paraskevas family, and Helen grew up! I think we can tell what her favourite colour is...

c0vi8od.jpg

Saturday was Talk Like a Pirate Day. Although there was no requirement to dress up, Caroline and Erytheia felt it was a fun thing to do. (And yes, the others dressed up too!)

CyVljM4.jpg

So. The older twins had to make a BFF in order to achieve their resolution of completing an aspiration milestone, and it was taking FOREVER. So, I used a cheat. What popped up as an interaction that long after I put the cheat in? "Become Best Friends Forever."
    :|

egBt2KB.jpg

Summer had come to San Myshuno, and the thermometer was already rising. The children took advantage and spent time outside.

kVYIj7b.jpg
    E4VEzBT.jpg

Erytheia had invited Helen into her children's club, and Helen decided to pop over for a quick visit before her first meeting, so that she could get to know some of the other members better.

W4OytX2.jpg

Peter returned to the Magic Realm, and found L. in the basement.
    "The Ultimate Mischief Spell..." she said, waving her wand. "You now have the power to make other people ugly, and they will repel those around them."
    Doesn't sound very nice, Peter thought. Well, it's not called 'Mischief Magic' for nothing!

OQL2hpH.jpg

Very soon, Peter had just one potion recipe left in order to have learned all there was to learn about magic.
    "And why spend ages in front of the cauldron on the chance of randomly learning it, when I can just ask Simeon?" he muttered to himself. "Hi, Simeon, I've only got one potion left to learn. Can I ask you for the recipe?"
    "Of course you can! Hmm... let's see... yes, the Potion of Immortality. Always a popular one! You'll need a mandrake, some sage, a morcubus and a diamond."
    "Thank you so much! Now I know everything!"
    "Well done. You have studied hard, and will be in a great position to teach others. You have children, don't you?"
    "Yes, four. None of them are old enough to practise magic yet, though. I'll be bringing them here when they are."

z5sapsZ.jpg

Man, I really should have put some suncream on, Peter thought to himself as he practised the guitar in readiness for work. My cheeks still feel a little hot. And thank heavens I didn't sunbathe nude...

XwHndpB.jpg

Seems like even Sages enjoy a relaxing time at the spa! Wonder why Simeon's looking so annoyed. Maybe the massage therapist wasn't very good?

QIATzC5.jpg

"Hey look!" Erytheia said. "We're wearing the same t-shirt, nearly... is that weird?"
    "No!" Alexander grinned. "I think it's pretty cool."
    "Thanks. You know... I really like you. As a friend, I mean," she said quickly, flushing the same colour as the aforementioned top.
    "Don't feel embarrassed, I like you too. We're too young to date, anyway."
    "Oh, I know that," Erytheia said, "I just... don't want to be teased, you know? So many of the girls think boys are awful smelly beings, I don't want them thinking I'm weird for having a boy as a friend."
    "Well, we're Spellcasters, aren't we? You could always say you're going to turn them into a frog. They don't know we can't cast spells yet..."

(It may appear as though Erytheia was "friendzoning" Alexander, but she was just nervous! Plus, they're still only children).

wp4fvEq.jpg
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2020
    @haneul I support Aster’s decision to do the right thing 100%.

@AlwaysAsking

Yeah, the legacy is all about bringing back the twins.

I made up most of the Legacy play style on my own. The idea is to find ten things that can make gameplay more difficult and use the founder and heirs to complete quests that undo an obstacle. The things I identified are:

The Eco State of the Neighborhoods.

This required editing every lot to turn it industrial. The smog makes all sims uncomfortable and causes outside tables to get dirty often.

The 3 Lot Traits For Every Single Lot
    For Sulani, I chose Volcanic Activity and Earthquakes as lot traits for every single lot.

Every single lot that doesn’t have the Oceanic Paradise Trait has the Cursed Lot Trait. Oceanic Paradise is a Sulani unique trait and can’t be changed.

4 NAPs
    Again, I simply chose whichever NAPs made more sense for the story and negatively impacted gameplay.

The quests can be anything from completing certain aspirations to doing a certain task that removes a negative element.

For Reef, he had to collect all the different sea shells and finish the Curator Aspiration before returning Zephyr’s Urn to his home and setting his spirit free (Effectively making his ghost playable and ensuring that it isn’t culled.)

Kylen’s quest is to become a Musical Genius and win a Karaoke Contest at Triton Beach (Former Sand Simolean Beach) and retrieve Dylan’s Urn.

Set up takes hours, but the effect definitely adds a greater challenge. Legacies are hard enough when you need to worry about getting a heir. Now, there are extra obstacles.

When the twins were murdered, it broke Sulani, and I can feel the desolate conditions in the gameplay. My sims are tense often, and the power and water loss complicates things. My sims also can’t do whatever they want without getting fined for some things.

The fines eat into income and how quickly the legacy house develops. If it wasn’t for the bug spawning books in my sim’s inventory every second, the house probably wouldn’t look like it does.

Unlike Zephyr, Dylan’s spirit had been roaming around Sulani. Zephyr was stuck in the Eco Center and only appeared at 3 am. Dylan’s ghost wanders Sulani during Remembrance Day. The most heart braking part of Dylan’s appearances is how he seems to appear in places after Zephyr was there. In other words, Dylan seems to be looking for Zephyr but can never find him. The two are always missing each other.

Once the twins are brought back to life, Mua Pel’am will be restored. That’s one very intricate detail with Dylan and Zephyr. They are mermen descended from island elementals and conceived on Mua Pel’am. Their absence disrupts the flow of the Island’s Spiritual Energy. I imagine them as being more at home in the water, and in a way, an underwater lot would be better for hiding their mystical nature from the world. For now, they are the only inhabitants of Mua Pel’am, and I’m doing my best to build their home in a way that hides them from the rest of the world.

The negative conditions improving after completing self-made objectives feels like story progression. The quest isn’t to clean up Mua Pel’am, all of Sulani needs restoration and healing. And because the NAPs and Lot Traits impact Townie Behavior, there is a noticeable effect from positive NAPs after playing with negative ones.

Also, each heir will complete a quest, but every time I complete a quest, getting the satisfaction points from previous aspirations has become easier.

Like the Curator Aspiration, this aspiration has been easier to complete because certain milestones are a household achievement.

So, because Reef completed that aspiration, the household had everything needed to complete the Aspiration. Kylen completed the Curator Aspiration as a teen.

I ended up making over 30 merfolk for my game. Some of them are from old play through a while others are premades or townies I created.

Thanks to the legacy, the former members of the legacy household are creating a new pod of merfolk the “Kailani” pod made up of all the relatives of the Kailani Legacy. I couldn’t wait for death by old age, so I just gave up control over my legacy sim, restored their youth, and made them townies.
    edited October 2020
    @AlwaysAsking With Thorne and Don, I was talking about following the story where Don died in the Shark Pool.

I had to start another post for the premades.

I think I get what you mean with the quirks from premades.

I know Dylan and Zephyr do almost everything together and will autonomously do stuff near each other. One of the more recent instances of that was how Zephyr swam next to Dylan to go to sleep even though I didn’t tell him to do that. If they were in the ocean, sleeping close to each other would be a very good survival habit. Dylan walking in on Zephyr hacking the Landgrab systems was pretty funny. Zephyr was so nonchalant about it and Dylan probably didn’t know what was going on.

But, they do Everything Together. Dylan and Zephyr definitely prefer to hang out together. I expect them to always have each other’s backs.

Makoa has been fun to interact with. I noticed that he tends to like to hang out with merfolk. Whenever my merfolk gather to chat, he swims up to them to join the conversation.

The Kealohas are a part of the Legacy’s Circle of family friends. Makoa appears a lot.

Makoa was there when Calum introduced Dylan and Zephyr to the pod.

He regularly comes over to the Kailani house to hang out.

Dylan and Zephyr would meet him on the beach.

Makoa and Liliana Kealoha are often just friendly people to hang out with. The other Sulani Premades... Well, they aren’t as nice, and I swear they only visited to use Calum and Arihi’s stuff and eat their food. Extra Food was never for the benefit of Calum, Arihi, and their twin boys. It’s different with the Kealohas.

I do think Zephyr is low key a minor deviant, but in his defense, I don’t think hacking into the Landgrab System and taking money from them is that criminal given what you said about Nancy. However, I’m also pretty sure he never returned the book he took from the beach lot. But, Zephyr definitely needs to be watched around computers. I wouldn’t say he’s evil or mean, but he’s too smart... I don’t have to worry too much with Dylan, he gets happy from being Angelic while he never had the Angelic Trait.

Yeah, the St. Taz families aged out of existence because they weren’t the most neighborly neighbors... I swear, if I had a simolean for every time they came over with extra food and ate my leftovers and used my stuff instead eating the “flower emoji” food they brought over. I did like the erratic behavior of the chieftain elder.

Edit: I will say that Calum enjoyed the traditional island food more than the gourmet lobster thermidor, or similar high quality foods the neighbors ate whenever I stockpiled food.

In fact, I think they came over with extra food specifically because my sims had better food in their fridge.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @FurryModSpinel Wow, Justin and Supriya are so tame in my game. Sounds like a lot of drama!

@Lady_Earth I love how the shows you draw from span so many decades. I don't know all of them but it's still fun to read about their shenanigans. The King of the Hill bit with Dale cracked me up. Baako Jang used to always answer in the maid outfit in my game.

@revgrv Ok that bit from their mother's point of view was not what I expected! But really cool. I loved the alien baby interlude... like this happened but we are not doing that, lol.

@Becka28 Glad to hear one of Rohan's grandparents is reasonable. That's just so many kids to keep track of...

@Metior_Ice I love the way you make humor out of the thought bubbles... like the clay bit with the school project. Must have more!

@sunblond I enjoy your picture comments along with your stories. I laughed at "uh, honeymoon stuff" and "um, more honeymoon stuff" especially. Nice complements to your main text.

@Beardedgeek I don't think I've been around long enough to recognize Agathe.. when I joined the thread you had a couple in Del Sol Valley if I recall. Look forward to getting to know her though!

@Duvelina The scene with Allyson and Fatima is so sweet! Fatima is very empathetic. I hope they can be friends.

@DarkAngel1994 Wow you make some nice looking sims. Axel especially is very nice.

@Daravi I love that you're giving me a non-American view of the history of these decades. I don't get a lot of that around here.

@Lyrie That is Yuki Behr, I just changed her hair and some of her clothes. She's just what Adam needs to draw his attention to the world outside his little rich boy bubble.
    I love your Matty and Mckenna update! I am so happy for them. It is so nice to see people who have gone without love in so much of their lives find happiness eventually.

@Svineprutter Looks like you have a wide variety of sims! Is that.. Eliza Pancakes? If so, you've improved her.

@Lucy_Henley Congrats to Peter!

@ryttu3k I hope you didn't think that was a complaint, I do enjoy watching people revisit the same premades with a different story! But also it's fun to mix new blood in like Knox. Your revamp of the Landgraab and Villareal families is cool. The kids would all end up so much happier in that reality.

@Dust_Bunny2010 I don't know whether to pity Summer or be happy for her... I guess it depends on whether May ends up meddling in ways that help her with Travis or hurt her.

@Koteyka Don't worry, Adam's just a rich kid who has never looked beyond his protective bubble, so Yuki being cute is just his motivation for character development, lol. I don't know what to say about your last updates besides they're adorable and I can't wait until I understand what's going on with Ianto. In the meantime it's a nice mystery though.

@MelsieYT The twins' room is adorable! Such nice pregnancy poses too... I don't have any mods at present but those of you who post poses make it really tempting.

@heyroberto Those are some serious horns! Hope the relationship goes well.

@DeafSimmer Do you create all the individuals for your covens and gangs yourself? There are a lot of good looking sims in there.
    Also I really like those shots in Granite Falls with the mist.

@hanuel I hope Deli gets some happiness soon, poor thing. Sounds like others in her family have had problems, but they all seem happy now other than her...

@RoffeyGlesh Seventeen children! I thought my Athena was doing good with 9.

@Hearts4u Lea has some nice looks! Cute date, hope they continue to do well together!

Shoutout to @DoodlyDoofus and @RedDestiny92 whose stories I did not have specific comments for but did enjoy reading!
    edited October 2020
    Daephene wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice I love the way you make humor out of the thought bubbles... like the clay bit with the school project. Must have more!

I think Sara started to wonder where Rylan found more clay. I think that’s a mystery we will never solve.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Daephene wrote: »

I think Sara started to wonder where Rylan found more clay. I think he that’s a mystery we will never solve.

Merman magic... somehow...
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2020
    My current mini saga ... A tale of Two Dons

Part one is Here
    Part two is Here
    part three is Here
    Part four is Here

I started a new save so I could finish up the home I'm making for Uncle Joey's Nalani and their 3 children (in Uncle Joey's save). But I knew I'd be in this save for a couple of days waiting for some pregnancies to be over.

bk2UWra.png

So I decided to finally take "me" and put me with Don Lothario. But, I was not going to be the one to instigate anything with him. I wanted to see the "true" Don Lothario moves. I moved us both to different lots in Sulani, and here I am sitting in the bar waiting for him to show up.

Silly me, he doesn't go to bars... he goes to gyms. So no luck that night.

C8U67pJ.png

The rest is in a spoiler to make the thread load faster for folks with slow connections!
    I go back to my place, which is the beach on the other side of the map, and sleep the rest of the night, and far into the next day.

bKtRLz5.png

After some grilled dinner, I decided to take a little stroll

Q9mk47p.png

Up over the hill,

CCwl1lh.png

And down to Don’s house.

MD7q15S.png

For some reason he was using the computer in a child/teen room upstairs instead of his own, in his own room. Lol! Anyway, standard greeting – "Hi! Nice to meet you! You have a beautiful home! What are your interests? Where do you work?"

0R8roMR.png

And ok! A nice big hug fairly quickly!

r8nk67A.png

And then, I (me) think it was a request from him, not an offer from me (her), because I (me) didn't queue this up, and nothing actually appeared in my (her) queue.

Gb1Sy9D.png

But there I was, giving him a hand massage.

osvsbQQ.png

Happily!

IDRMkYl.png

Oh, ok, why not?

rt5zMom.png

A Swedish massage too….

pOIshpQ.png

This time I am at least getting a hug out of the deal.

rjZWw3R.png

Oh, and look at those beautiful eyes ....

USxy4cy.png

Who could say no to them?

TkrbMj5.png

Obviously not me! *sigh*

PLmSoqn.png

He's all gushy this time.

0MxaPMN.png

And then pensive. What are you thinking about, Mr. Lothario?

Sl5pCf3.png

Oh, James Bond. He wanted to watch James Bond. I was not thrilled.

NsFCctb.png

"How can you watch this trash? It is so degrading towards women! I can't believe you are watching this!"

16RbAkl.png

He actually "shushed" me! I (me) almost died laughing! :D Now, I've (me) never gotten the "watch movie with" option to work before, so I (me) have no idea if this stuff was normal.

Uw4NDEk.png

But we actually got up to go discuss this movie in more detail off to the side.

z4X0GZQ.png

I guess he couldn't believe my opinion of his movie choice (Btw, I (me) love James Bond movies, but it appears that I (she) doesn't, lol)

osvix4j.png

Let's forget that blasted movie, look at my pictures!

t2Q9SAQ.png

And get some pretty eyes flashed at me again.

CKKORbl.png

Well, he just wanted to go work out again. I was not thrilled. And yes, I hit like a girl.

thpqhWp.png

But I guess the frustration finally got to me, because I was hitting that thing pretty hard within a few minutes, Lol!

Yaz4ljr.png

I even got him into the hot tub! And nothing! Not one time has he been flirty with me since I met him.

4ORjeKK.png

But ..... then I (me) noticed his hair. In his swimming suit he's in different hair, and I (me) realize I've downloaded Uncle Joey's Don. Hmmmmmm. This is going to be much harder than I thought.

7iopSea.png

Ok, time to pull out the big guns. He and I go to a restaurant that has never once failed to elicit a flirty response from a couple. Never failed ever!

Ama9WWO.png

I mean, look at this!! Geoffrey and Clara making sweetie faces at each other? What is that about!?

0VyPgx8.png

(A nicely made over) Marcus Flex looking fondly at ....

HOFnT8x.png

This! (who was promptly deleted when I got to Manage Families! lol!)

5N4GQMy.png

Well, I did not get flirty

m4605AT.png

He did not get flirty

078oMsV.png

Clara looked all swoonish about Geoffrey though...

XJi5qHd.png

Ok, he brought up a bed. I think he was warning me about the dangers of it or something though .... that doesn't look like a proposition to me!

8T7SY4M.png

Another fun couple! At least they aren't making googly eyes at each other.

hFNH9fz.png

Don and I did have a moment of closeness, lol!

dEVlLVm.png

And ok ..... What's good for the goose...

kWu8AgU.png

Is good for the Gander? I guess?

(For those of you not familiar with the premades, the first couple I showed you, when I said Clara and Geoffrey were making sweetie faces at each other, are the spouses of these two. As in, his wife is currently hanging out with her husband! Lol! The first two were Clara Bjergsen and Geoffrey Landgraab. These two are Nancy Landgraab and Bjorn Bjergsen :smiley:)

rWMKEDF.png

After we paid the bill and walked outside .... he poofed away. Of course he did. The man is infuriating!

cKw8KxH.png
    To be continued …. Including …

HkHjtWp.png

Ok! I am reposting a comment I made on Sept 7th for those of you who were not posting here at that time. It is a quick update on a heart health appointment that I'd just gone to, which should explain why I'm not around as much as I used to be.

I did not get great news at that appointment. I have a Very high build-up of plaque in my arteries considering I'm only 53. If I was 70 or so it would be more expected. But that means that I have to avoid any more build-up for the next 20+ years in order to be "normal." And as a diabetic that's very hard to do.

(The rest is in a spoiler as it's not directly Sims related, but it does apply to this thread, so it's here)

Spoiler
    The cholesterol particles in my blood stick to the extra sugar molecules in my bloodstream. Then they catch onto the walls of my blood vessels. And I became diabetic at 30, while most people develop it in their 40's. So I've had a lot of extra time to have that build-up occur.

To fix some of the cholesterol problems I have to take a medication that I've tried before. It makes my muscles hurt, and seize up. To the point that I can't walk up and down the stairs.

And my cholesterol isn't actually high, it's in the normal range, but because of the diabetes, and already existent build-up, it has to be lower than normal.

So... I have to be healthier. Which means enough sleep. Which means I can't comment here nearly as much. I regularly stay up until 6 am to try to catch up here. This is because I am such a slow typer, and because I can't see that well.

Anyway, from now on I'll be restricting my comments to brand new people that I've never seen post here before, so that they feel welcome, and people who actively comment on things that I post. The rest of you will get clicked as awesome, obviously 😊

I am not caught up now either, but I'm going to give myself time to get there. Thanks for understanding 🤗

Ok, end of my public service announcement - lol

Now, comments on the posts / updates that I mentioned I'd be responding to. Page 780/781 for now.

@adduapina
    I am going to try getting a Sim through university myself soon! It does sound like a lot of work! I’ve heard a lot of stories about it. Is there a specific problem with the way it works for you? Like the other families aging up while you have to micro manage the person going to college? I play with aging off, so at least I’m not worried about that.

And wow about finishing all the builds in a neighborhood in Oasis Springs! That’s an accomplishment. Why were you doing that? Those houses drive me crazy, they are all so dark and drab inside. :smiley:

@blueybluesky
    I love your artbreeder results! Your Sims are already beautiful as Sims, and they are even more amazing in their “real” renditions! :blush:

@Daravi
    Yes, I understand the reason that you'd want to keep your explanation of WWII rather simplistic. The rise of nationalism is frightening for Sure.

And wow about the provisional apartment making it through the war 😄

Pg 781 Oh wow! The factions are already forming! Thank goodness Wilhelm said no!

@ryttu3k
    Awwww, I think your "real" Jamie is super cute! You got the freckles and curls back! Did you use photoshop for that? I wish I still had it. I could fix the messed up eye colors and skin tones of the Sims I did.

Johnny's place is super cute! I've only played in there a couple of times, but holy cow I remember the bedroom being almost pitch black. So depressing.

I love your reference to the kitchen being complete with neon cocktails 😅

The outside is so much nicer! It's all quite lovely.

19 Cullpepper is - umm - interesting :wink: Love your intro -
    don't mind the strange smells or leaks, they add character.

Is that one of the TLC places?

Omg - Spacey - not spacious 😅 Super cute room though.

The art room is adorable, and I love the "artistic" curtain

And ooooohhh I love the pink room of cuteness. That would be mine for sure!

The balcony is nice. I hope it includes a fire/smoke alarm.

That's always the first thing I check for when I get a place from the gallery. One of my whopping 2 deaths in Sims 4 came from a fire in a gallery house. Of course I quit without saving, the woman who died was not important. But her teens were friends of my played teens. Lol. So she had to live.

I thought I was crazy, but now I don't think I am. I believe your link to Salim's place actually goes to Cullpepper. Can you check if I'm correct? Otherwise I am confused ☺

Sandtrap Flat is adorable. I thought I redid that one too, but now I believe I'm getting it confused with another of the OS places, but the one I'm thinking of has 3 bedrooms. Unless I added those? Lol!

Anyway, those houses need so much improvement, and yours is super nice. I love the white and turquoisey blue. I do believe that the home my father grew up in was decorated in turquoise, and he was born in 44. So that would fit your midcentury timeline.

Did you add extra windows in the bedroom? I don't remember anything in OS having that fun window arrangement. 😊 All in all - very nice! Great that there's a pool now!

Your original build is adorable 😊 The outside (and even roof) looks like such well used space. Is the weather in OS more mild? As in, no super rainy seasons, and no snow? When I make builds I generally make them for me, and I don't have Seasons. So I forget to add elements that people with Seasons would need.

It is a tiny living home, right? And how cool that it's under 20,000. 😊

One of these days I'll get EL. Maybe you can remember to remind me about your latest places that seem like they should be downloaded after I get it. Like the lemon farm, and this one 😊

@Lady_Earth
    You've been commenting for a few days, but that's how far behind I am! Lol!

Anyway, I love how your game is made up of people from tv shows. Especially when it's a show I know about. I used to watch Married with Children all the time, and I'm familiar with King of the Hill, though I didn't watch it regularly. The other shows are not familiar to me, but I see that other people know about them, and it sounds like the pairing off, and subsequent drama with characters changing partners is quite entertaining 😂

And oh God, I hate the bear phase 🐻

@FurryModSpinel
    Your game play does sound like Kookie Drama.

Omg at Justin Delgado! Sheesh, such OOC behavior in my experience Do you use mods? Perhaps that explains why he was acting like that! Lol! And then how you divided everyone into “camps” You sure have random occurrences a lot.

@Daephene
    Ok! That explains the time I went into my game and saw all the things that had been downloaded. I had been rather confuzeled, lol And Thank you! I’m glad you liked a few things :smiley:

Thanks for all the answers to my questions. The reason I’d asked about Bo being the only vet was because I was wondering where pets were going before he became the vet? And an even bigger question….. If your game doesn’t have a vet, do the pets stay healthy!?!? Because if that’s the case I may actually allow some families to have pets again, LOL

And Ok, thank God! Bruce is still around for a while. It will be sad to see her husbands go, but not as sad as Bruce and Walker.

I just love this update!
    Also they found Waldo.
    I am totally going into Manage Households and changing that sim's name to Waldo.
    I certainly hope you remembered to do that! :D

The whole thing is awesome! Yuki is perfect as the person who would want the whole renovation thing to be an artsy place and not some corporate giant. The fact that he wondered why her parents didn’t just buy her stuff is cool, on two levels, as in, hmmmm, is he a bit spoiled? Lol, and also – oh yeah. Yuki doesn’t have parents!

And then this is so funny:
    He had never been more excited to organize for a cause in his life. Whatever that meant.

@revgrv
    Ok cool, thanks for letting me know which one is Eli. I’ve seen bits and pieces of your newer stuff, and yes, it looks like things get worse…

@Becka28
    Lol, yes, I can totally see me doing something like the name mix up in a sleep deprived state. Oh well, people who download them should know enough to change his name when he shows up as “son” in the panel. Lol

I’m glad you got to see some family! And yes, hopefully by Christmas you’ll be able to see your sister.

Lol, I love your opening line!
    My boys not getting engaged at the romance festival...
    Doesn’t it figure that the crabby grandparent comes over more that the nice one? I though Rohen had moved in earlier? Maybe this is more official.

Why does Ekram’s presence make everyone crabby? And yes, excellent reasoning for him to dislike Quin. And he may have a point, considering Quin and the chess games! Lol!

Their day at the park is cute! But another chess partner got flirty with Rohan? Like, it wasn’t Quin? Well, apparently Rohan has that “certain something”

Do you think that “protective” behavior that Rohan did for the lady Bjorn was hitting on is new? I had something like that happen too, and of course the queued activity was unhelpful. So I’d like to know what’s going on.

And no, Sims can never like each other too much, Or Ian and Lawrence are in trouble! Lol

@Svineprutter
    @AlwaysAsking
    Thank you. It's been a while since i last played Sims 4.
    Maybe Knitting Clubs are best suited for family households and multiple members from active household. Then we can control more sims and choose to knit and benefit from Club Perks too. I'll make do with what I got and maybe experiment with alternative households later.
    LoI think you’re right about this, which is kind of annoying. A club that consists of only your own played Sims isn’t accomplishing quite what I had in mind. But maybe if you just want to crank out a million infant onsies, or women’s sweaters it’s a good way to do it?

Have you tried anything else? Oh, and if you already answered that somewhere a head of here, just give me a wink and let me know I’ll find out soon. Lol

Hey! That’s quite a party! No knitting there! lol

@Lyrie
    Oh cool! Rainbow learns creative skills very quickly. That’s great!

I’m glad you found some mods to help with the restaurant problems. I’ve also discovered that ordering the special is usually helpful! Lol!

I’m looking forward to the Rainbow Hazel connection going full force! And maybe it will help Hazel with her upcoming difficult childhood.

Empathy is Rainbows highest character value. That certainly shows. You’re doing a great job at that! So the upcoming little tot should have a wonderful big sister!

Mckenna’s fondness for the central park is great. At least she has one nice remembrance from her past. So she and Matty’s “outing” there looks really sweet!

I can’t believe she did all that stuff herself! Whispering, and tickling and blowing kisses, who is this girl? Lol! Isn’t that interaction of playing in the fountain so cute?

All of her thoughts and admissions are beautiful! You wrote them so well. It seems like you might have felt the way she does once upon a time. Trust is so hard to earn! Especially for someone like her. It’s so great that he earned it, and that she can be herself around him.

And wow! Was that an autonomous first kiss???? I mean, that’s like quadruple speed of Max doing it! Lol!

It’s sweet, and beautiful, and the ending, with the dancing, and thoughts of the future is so inspiring. Oh Lord I hope nothing messes this up! Really really, I do!

tagging @Silverofdreams30 @mercuryfoam and @RedDestiny92 (btw Red, did you ever get the notification that I put in one of these last comment pages? here? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17674806#Comment_17674806 )
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    @AlwaysAsking and @Daephene - I'm so glad you're enjoying my updates. It means a lot.

Gribble (King of the Hill): Being an erratic sim make Dale quite the little character. Here's him having some dinner with the welcome wagon.
    10-04-20-2-40-44-PM.png

Oh, and here is Gregory House (House) falling asleep on the floor.
    10-04-20-2-49-45-PM.png

There would've been a chance for Dale to actually have a legitimate child (unlike the show), but the pregnancy test came out negative. But on the more interesting side, Joseph got to meet a ghost.
    10-04-20-3-00-40-PM.png

House: Gregory House eventually fell in love with Edelgard from the Fire Emblem series and moved in with her and her two adopted Mystics, Jackson Jerkyl (Monster High) and Kayota Jiro (My Hero Academia).
    10-04-20-4-47-16-PM.png

Looks like Robert Freeman got into another fight for no reason and won that one again.
    10-04-20-8-01-24-PM.png

For some reason Edelgard wanted to flirt with Dale, thankfully her husband and teens weren't there. Though not much came from it.
    10-04-20-8-04-32-PM.png

And finally, here is Gregory and Edelgard's daughter, Lisa, who is named after his boss from the show.
    10-04-20-9-48-30-PM.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    I’ve been back with the Matsumotos/van Beerses. I think I’m just going to have to call it the Sulani save for now :D:D
    The main news is that Lucy had her baby! It’s a little boy, Lars. The cutest thing is that the triplets are all friends with him! I think it’s an automatic thing that happens when a baby is born, it’s friends with any children in the family. They’ll be growing up together for a bit. Lucy and Max will have to move out at some point, but it won’t be for a while. The house will need an extension soon :D:D:D
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Diary of Roxanne Denney Monte**gro

-I swear that Darsh is like a big kid. He took Austin to CeekCon in San Myshuno, and he got to miss school, just when did mom and dad get so lenient, I ask you? Anyway, it seems like a total waste of time and Austin is missing school for it, well, I never! Running around and taking pictures with adults, mind you, dressed up like TV and movie characters in broad daylight. And, who else was there, Bobby, of course, in a costume, I’m just surprised that Than Jeffries wasn’t there too is all. And playing games on those 3D gaming rigs, like Austin doesn’t get to play games enough as it is. That boy already has every game I’ve ever heard of for his console. Felipe goes over there and plays games because Austin has games he doesn’t have, and Felipe is a grown man with a job, just saying, all men are just big overgrown kids, if you ask me.-

TvFJ6zw.jpg
    Darsh and Austin try the Gaming Rig.

NGOAHEy.jpg
    Darsh takes a pic with a cosplayer.

MIirezC.jpg
    They run into Bobby Frey in costume, of course.

-Nanny Prescott passed away, all of us are so sad. I mean she was just a huge part of our lives. Almost all of us, had her as our nanny and, of course, she’s been the nanny for our boys since they were born too. It’s just so sad, and it makes me feel old. I mean, was it really so long ago that I was a little girl crying over Omar getting a girlfriend and Nanny Prescott stroking my hair and telling me everything would be Ok? I will never forget that night as long as I live. Or the taste of that Mac n’ Cheese she baked that had a crusty top, that no one else in the world could make like her. Nanny Prescott made us all feel safe and loved, she will be sorely missed in this world.-

-Miranda has a “friend”, a “friend with benefits” she says. Apparently, he’s a lot like her, and he’s not looking for anything serious either. But the two of them have a physical attraction to one another and are friends. Well, I don’t get it, I mean if someone is your friend and you find them attractive, well, isn’t that how you usually fall in love. Otherwise it’s just physical, that I get, kind of, although the one time I tried, well, I kind of liked the guy, so, well, I’m no expert.
    It scares me, I mean, she hasn’t known this guy long. And, well, I asked her if she had talked to Tucker too and all, she said, not yet, but she was planning on it, although she was kind of reluctant to bring mom and dad and Austin into it. Austin being busy with getting his college applications in and still being kind of young and all. And, well, mom and dad, that part I totally get. So we went over to Tucker’s together and Darsh was home, but Miranda was OK with talking about it in front of him. And it turns out the guy, Eddie Sharma, well, Tucker met him, he apparently met with Tucker about legal representation at one point, he didn’t hire Tucker, but Tucker said he seemed like a decent sort and all. That did make me feel a lot better, to be honest.
    Finally, Miranda agreed to let us meet him, so me and Tucker are going over there this week to check him out. Seriously, she’s only had one boyfriend in her whole life, Dario Hecking, who, by the way is married to Silvia Flex from Paragon. They have a little boy now and Silvia is expecting again. I was worried that it would be a source of friction between them, Miranda and Silvia, I mean, but they both seem to be totally OK with it. Well, if it was me, I wouldn’t be, just saying. And I haven’t said one word to Felipe about it, I don’t want to go there, not just yet. My husband can be a bit white bread sometimes, yeah, I get the irony since he’s Hispanic.
    Well, Eddie Sharma is pretty much what I expected, he’s a bit nerdy, he’s into music, as in he plays the piano, but he’s a Scientist, looking at him he comes off as a total geek. I could easily picture him dressed up in a costume at that GeekCon. In fact, I actually was, while we were talking to him, I was wondering what kind of outfit he’d wear. Well, my mind wandered a bit. I was dying to spend some time with Carolina, now that she’s walking and talking and all, and she is such a little doll, I mean, I just want to be her favorite Auntie and spend time with her. Still, I feel better, I mean, it kind of seems odd or whatever, but who am I to judge, Miranda was never conventional about that stuff, she had a baby without a man in sight, after all.-

5UOfVJx.jpg
    Carolina is a toddler.

OfOvWat.jpg
    Friends.

nDgGH5t.jpg
    With benefits.

XF1aWsZ.jpg
    Meeting Eddie Sharma.

-Austin got into Foxbury Institute, he’s going for a Distinguished Degree in Biology, pre-med, yeah, to become a doctor. Boy, my brothers are kind of ambitious. Well, he is really smart, but, well, that’s really hard, and you go to school forever. OK, I worry it will be too much for him. He is my baby brother and, to be honest, we, meaning all of us, not just mom and dad, spoiled him rotten. He’s just not used to not getting his own way, he got so tore up over losing out to Kaden over being captain of that bowling team and, well, that whole crush thing on Christine Goth too, I guess. Well, on second thought, maybe he will make a good doctor, that’s kind of the way they are, isn’t it, used to getting their own way?
    Anyway, mom and dad threw him a big going away to college, graduation party. And they let him invite whoever he wanted, another excuse to use up some of the frozen fish in mom’s freezer, if you ask me.
    Austin went fishing with daddy and Tucker for the whole day before he left for college on Sunday, one last guy thing, I guess. So, I went over to see him late Saturday night, I had been into the city, Jennefer Koster had a baby girl and I went to see them at the hospital, another little girl for me to spoil, yay. So I went over to say goodbye to Austin and to give him some advice, of course. One last talk with his big sister, I guess. I can’t believe he’s all grown up and going off to Uni, I can still vividly remember when me, Miranda and Tucker used to have to help feed him and change his diaper. I didn’t say anything about that though, Austin really hates it when any of us bring that up. It seems like only yesterday that he would run up the steps to my room to talk to me about absolutely nothing most times, I swear I can almost hear his little feet pounding up those steps now, sigh. How in the world am I ever going to cope when my boys go off to college, if it tears me up this much with Austin, I ask you?-

1MhGz3Q.jpg
    Austin gets into FI and gets three scholarships.

uscod0m.jpg
    Party guests gather in the living room.

mKUQFYo.jpg
    Until the food is served.

ywv1AHF.jpg
    One last day fishing with Dad and Tucker.

-Victor is kind of bummed, again. His new girlfriend Jennie got early admission to some prestigious music college in San Myshuno, apparently it’s a big deal, Hector sure was impressed. The thing is, that she’s moving there with her cousin, Van Dawson, Sofia Bjergsen’s son, who’s starting San Myshuno University, so they’re getting an apartment together. I heard they are looking for a couple of other students from this area to share with them. I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that Victor and Jennie’s days as a couple are numbered now. I mean, I just can’t see Hector and Jade letting Victor traipse off to the city to see her. And she won’t be coming home a lot, not if she’s anything like me or my siblings, just saying.
    Anyway, Felipe said he thought he should step up his work out sessions with Victor to twice a week. And, well, I just told him that what he should do, is get his parents to buy Victor a membership at that fitness center in Windenburg. It’s really nice, I remember from when Tucker was on the swim team in high school, that they held meets there sometimes, because it’s got an Olympic sized swimming pool. Plus, he might make some new friends or at the very least he can socialize more, and they have trainers there to help him too. Felipe looked at me and said, Roxie, have I mentioned lately that I think you are one of the smartest people I know? That was definitely nice to hear.
    So, Victor did get that membership to the gym, I figured it would keep him busier at the very least. He and Jennie are still an item though, so it’s not over yet.-

LTFNzUy.jpg
    Victor gets some help from the trainer at the gym.

ZQgONOh.jpg
    Victor still falls a lot on this thing.

@Daephene Ah, yes, teenage mood swings, they do interfere with my plans for the game a lot too, by the way.

@ryttu3k More fabulously decorated rooms, sigh.

@Hearts4u Your sims are so attractive, the CC you use looks good in the game too.

@AlwaysAsking About Don, I find, at least in my game, that Don prefers nightclubs over bars, he almost always show up at that Blue Velvet Jazz place or whatever in Oasis Springs when my sims go there.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @AlwaysAsking

Don is such a flirt haha, he and your simself are cute together.
    so you are letting them do what they want?
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @AlwaysAsking

Oh boy, that's really hard to read. I try to encrypted it, but I'm still missing much words.
    It seems that is written in Kurrent (older form from Sütterlin, Sütterlin was developed in 1911, but I guess the writer learned the old form), But some letters I can't recognize even with the written Alphabet on a list. Another problem is the language itself, it has has change with the time and I don't know if there is a dialect too.

Schöner, ? jetz ließt er faßt/feßt (?) alle fort (that sentence makes absolutely no sense to me, so probably my translated words are just wrong)
    Beautiful, ? now he
    Wir haben auch schön ? ? Dorothea(?), (the first letter looks like the fine-written D, which isn't Kurrent) bekommen.
    We have gotten quite ???
    Wilma kann noch nicht laufen und steht auch noch nicht auf.
    Wilma cannot walk yet and can't stand up too. (For a three year old one that makes me wonder)
    Gesegnet Ostern und Gruß von(?) uns allen.

Blessed Easter and greetings from us(?) all.

I wish I could help more, but it's really hard to read and I haven't learned to write in Sütterlin and Kurrent when I was in the school. They got rid of it for reasons.

My old apartment had some interesting history. When I moved in, we had some really old neighbors there (90+), who had lived in this building for more than 60 years, and all had used to lived in this apartment too. They told me that shortly after the war, that three large families has used to lived in this 66m² apartment and they give me the information where my cellar lied, because every cellar was full with stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top