Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skintones update leak ?? (True!!)

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I really hope they cover All types of Skin Tones including the Occults.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I wonder how the new skin tones will affect existing sims and DNA passed on...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Yes but I'm sorry the problem is currently with darker skin tones, its not an "all colors matter" thing.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

doubtful they cant even sun tan
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Yes but I'm sorry the problem is currently with darker skin tones, its not an "all colors matter" thing.
    The problem is currently with darker skin tones for YOU but for me the problem is lighter skin tones being oddly colored low quality and some looking zombie like.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

The problem is currently with darker skin tones for YOU but for me the problem is lighter skin tones being oddly colored low quality and some looking zombie like.

All of the (human) skin tones are getting an upgrade - they are just focusing on the darker skintones because those were just sad.
  • NolaQueen90NolaQueen90 Posts: 4 New Member
    Where's the slider for decor and clothes too??? JUST BRING BACK CREATE A STYLE & we wouldn't have these issues.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    Maybe. But I rather them focus on gameplay depth & other things then representation. That’s just me tho.

Spoken like someone who's already being represented...

They can still work on the other things, too.

How do you know if I feel represented or not? Are you assuming my ethnicity ? You actually wouldn’t know I had vitiligo if I didn’t mention it just now. I always use makeup and long sleeves or sweaters to hide it. So don’t try to come at me with that lame attempt of yours to try to prove a point.
    I don’t play the sims to create myself even tho I know others do. But I think this is something that should of been in the game from the start. But most importantly gameplay depth. Purely my opinion. It’s a little late for them to be adding representation. That Afro for example was a darn shame from the start. Yet 6 years in its barley going to get addressed.
    Post edited by Justin on
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    edited September 2020

to be fair, theres problem with fair/pale skins also. They are not the right shade and undertones for that is also horrible. And theres just not really good choises for fair skins. There is okayis middle toned skins tho.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
    edited September 2020

But to be fair, theres problem with fair/pale skins also. They are not the right shade and undertones for that is also horrible. And theres just not really good choises for fair skins. There is okayis middle toned skins tho.

Also I would like to add how it would actually be even more better if they add blemishes. A lot of light skin people have blemish issues. Same goes for darker skin tones.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member

But to be fair, theres problem with fair/pale skins also. They are not the right shade and undertones for that is also horrible. And theres just not really good choises for fair skins. There is okayis middle toned skins tho.

Also I would like to add how it would actually be even more better if they add blemishes. A lot of light skin people have blemish issues. Same goes for darker skin tones.

That would be cool too^^
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I certainly hope additional skin details and slots for blemishes will be added if not a pet style CAS detail brush. With a face/body brush it would be possible to layer and place moles etc. anywhere possible.

I certainly hope additional skin details and slots for blemishes will be added if not a pet style CAS detail brush. With a face/body brush it would be possible to layer and place moles etc. anywhere possible.

That would be nice. If that’s not possible at least add it the way they do it for pimples etc. but being able to place it anywhere like a brush would be more beneficial. For now I use one of the MAC blushes as a blemish for some of my sims. Hopefully for sims 5 they add more freedom on CAS when it comes to better skin details.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

With a pet style brush it would be possible to do some real make-up on the sims provided they include adequate close-up zoom and fine brushes. People could paint scars, make-up, blemishes, tattoos, probably even new skins. I saw someone painted a starry night dog and a galaxy cat, imagine what could be done with a sim. Hopefully, the designs could be saved and transferred to other sims too.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020

They added them with the Parenthood pack, but I wouldn't mind them tied to gameplay too rather than just be a cosmetic feature. Also I wouldn't mind some unnatural skin tones too. Hyperpigmentation, vitiligo, and body freckles would be nice too. I do like how Get Famous added some scars to the game too, but I wouldn't mind more of them and body scars and body hair. There are a lot of CAS features that can be improved upon. So this is a good first step. I agree with @CAPTAIN_NXR7 a color wheel and CAS system like the pets have would be the most ideal solution.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/09/23/the-sims-4-is-getting-new-skin-tones-skin-tone-makeup-sliders-and-more/

I just saw that on sims community. There was a post apparently leaked on an official forum.
    We’d get 100 new skin tones, sliders, even makeup sliders.

Do you think this is true ?
    Sounds kinda too good to be true, but I hope

Update : It’s true. Yay!!.

Uh, Maxis announced this how is this a leak? We already knew it. Maxis already told us.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited October 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/09/23/the-sims-4-is-getting-new-skin-tones-skin-tone-makeup-sliders-and-more/

I just saw that on sims community. There was a post apparently leaked on an official forum.

Uh, Maxis announced this how is this a leak? We already knew it. Maxis already told us.

Apparently the OP wasn't aware of the official announcement when she made this thread. She edited her initial post. 🙂
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    When I made this thread, it was still a leak!!
    Cinebar wrote: »

Apparently the OP wasn't aware of the official announcement when she made this thread. She edited her initial post. 🙂

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Maybe. But I rather them focus on gameplay depth & other things then representation. That’s just me tho.

Spoken like someone who's already being represented...

They can still work on the other things, too.

How do you know if I feel represented or not? Are you assuming my ethnicity ? You actually wouldn’t know I had vitiligo if I didn’t mention it just now. I always use makeup and long sleeves or sweaters to hide it. So don’t try to come at me with that lame attempt of yours to try to prove a point.
    I don’t play the sims to create myself even tho I know others do. But I think this is something that should of been in the game from the start. But most importantly gameplay depth. Purely my opinion. It’s a little late for them to be adding representation. That Afro for example was a darn shame from the start. Yet 6 years in its barley going to get addressed.

I never expected a game have my skin tone.I hope thru focus other things as well.I play a game to play.
  • CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    I am wondering if/how this will affect those of us with default replacement CC skintones.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I wish beauty spots and other skin details would be kind of genetic and not just a makeup thing. We could always pay a hefty fee to get stuff like that removed, but I'd love to see them randomly positioned on the body, yes - beauty spots should not be limited to the face. In my game I run a DNA string on the side, telling me if any child ought to have a pot or not.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wish beauty spots and other skin details would be kind of genetic and not just a makeup thing. We could always pay a hefty fee to get stuff like that removed, but I'd love to see them randomly positioned on the body, yes - beauty spots should not be limited to the face. In my game I run a DNA string on the side, telling me if any child ought to have a pot or not.

I totally agree! Freckles, moles and other skin qualities should be based on genetics. And I love the idea of getting them removed for a price. Makes me wish there was plastic surgery like in the Sims 3. It would be really cool if there was a plastic surgeon career and your sim could change all of the ugly townies into beautiful sims :D
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    This is amazing, I just really wish they could add a color wheel for hair color and eye color too. I'm 100% fine with clothing and objects not having a color wheel, because it honestly gets overwhelming choosing specific colors for everything.. and time consuming. But I think everything about our sims genetics should be customizable. I mean, we can do it for pet fur so why not sim hair??
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    They just shared this. We can now see what the skintones and sliders will look like.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/november-skin-tones-update
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am so impressed by what they're doing with skintones. The ability to potentially create 1000s of skintones sounds fantastic!

Does anyone know which flattop hairstyle they're talking about?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: