Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Does A Sims Mobile Game Look So Much Better Then Sims 4?

pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
Why does Sims Freeplay look so packed with content and fun content then Sims 4? It makes me want to play the mobile game but I hate that its in real time.
tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well its way older I think it might be around 14 years old
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Different developers, different producers and different game designer, and maybe higher budget? I dont know because they havent complain about something is too expensive to make.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I couldn’t deal with the graphics in the Sims free play. They are really ugly even for a mobile game. I did try the other Sims mobile game but that’s like the Sims 4 only it has way worse gameplay and lots of micro transactions.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    No idea, I think both The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Mobile look okay, they even got bunk beds which look exactly like something that should have belonged in Tiny Living...

But from what I have played from the the sims mobile the animations are much more simplified, I remember selecting my sims in the the sims mobile to watch tv and they sat down in the sofa and stared at a turned off tv.

So I don't know if they maybe save some money on that, but I think the answer is probably because there are different people that are making content for that game.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Tbh I think its just money. Everything costs in mobile games, the nicer they make things look the more likely people are to buy the hundreds of micro transactions. Pretty sure the game makes a lot of money from that, really hope S5 doesn't follow the same theme but that's another conversation.

Agree on the real time thing, that's the one feature that stopped me playing. It's too slow, I don't wanna wait five irl minutes for my sim to shower
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Though none of the mobile games (including the sims) ever interest me, i think the closest sims game to a pc version on mobile was The Sims 3 Mobile, no microtransaction, using object does not require energy etc.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i know one thing. i think they are the best babies in freeplay. i have so much fun with the babies in the game. of course thats after doing the nanny quest which lets them do things outside the crib.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Because it is based off of the Sims 3 while Sims Mobile is based off of the Sims 4. It does have my favorite babies in the franchise and the preteens are cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Honestly I think if sims mobile wasn't in real time and didn't have the microtransactions it would be the better game compared to ts4.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Honestly I think if sims mobile wasn't in real time and didn't have the microtransactions it would be the better game compared to ts4.

Yeah, I wish the game was just 20.00 dollars upfront, with updates, and side quest.With no real time .
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    They have more stuff because players buy and buy. They make new content that costs $100 and players buy it and then crave more. It becomes an addiction for some I know too well.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Put together, the microtransactions and ads make the company more than you would think. The Sims 4 has neither microtransactions nor ads. And since the Sims 4 is not an online-hosted game, advertisers don't have a lot of incentive to advertise on the platform anyway, since they have no way of measuring their market impact (otherwise known as "eyeballs").

Also, the Sims Freeplay has been out for several years longer than the Sims 4. As a result, it has accumulated more content over the years. Also, Freeplay is closer to Sims 3 in its interface. Sims Mobile is closer to Sims 4 in its interface. I did not see a lot more content in Sims Mobile than Sims 4 last time I played. The Sims 3 also, if you remember, has micro-transactions in the form of the Sims 3 store online. Those also helped fund the development of the Sims 3 game.

If they do any advertising in the Sims 5, I hope it is ONLY player-optional ads. For instance, ads shown on the Sims TV sets, billboards around town (which everyone expects to be advertising anyway), branded content, or "click here to watch an ad and get a reward". I absolutely HATE it when ads are intrusive and Pop up in my face when I didn't ask for them. Mobile games that use that method I quickly stop playing.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    From where i'm standing FP is a atrocity. They have the ugliest sims ever. Why is it even still a thing btw? They have TS Mobile that's miles better. Ughh.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Money can't be it because see know 🐸🐸🐸🐸 well the Sims 4 team makes a lot of money. They've said do themselves.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?