Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Challenge Idea

smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
I know that many Simmers live in all parts of the world and we will not all be experiencing the same seasons at the same , and most often many seasonal builds are more actively loaded according to the seasonal pattern of here in the US ( where I am from and live) , as far as I have always noticed.

I thought I would try to create a challenge ( no points system or anything just a few small rules to follow in hopes of any that someone is interested in getting, of those you share after you build, that more Simmers have a chance of getting and using them). And this can stretch your creativity, see what you come up with.

Description of challenge itself:

With many beginning or about to begin new seasons, it would be fun and interesting to see what you can create by picking one of the 4 Seasons and then choose one of the 2 options given for that Season and create your build. You are allowed to make things smaller or bigger. You may use any lot size as long as it is available in Newcrest( to help those without the largest lot sizes). Not allowed to use any modded or CC items. You must use lot type provided but may add any lot traits you want. You may use MOO, however please do not overdo it, play test and be sure your build can be uploaded as is and with things being functional. You should try to include a description, or story around your build if you'd like. You should give some info behind your creation here, where you share it. Can't wait to see! You do not have to use a Newcrest background or lot, just don't go over the biggest size available in there.

If you want to try harder, more challenging mode, same rules as above except change the following: Cannot use MOO, Cannot use cheat to make bigger or smaller, must use few packs as possible, and lot size cannot be larger than a 40x30.

Choice options per Season:

Spring:
CHOICE 1: Arboretum/Botanical Garden type venue ( listed as a park)

Spring is full of beginning of life on the Earth, flowers begin to bloom and sprout of many colors. Try to create an Arboretum to showcase gardens that have some rare or interesting flowers that many Sims would like to come and see. Flower Arrangements have taken a turn as a highly sought out gift for themselves or other Sims, be sure to incorporate these in your own way. Try to bring this to life just as the Season itself.

CHOICE 2: Spring Festival Venue ( generic lot)

Families are beginning to venture out more as snow melts in some places, not all. Rain becomes an issue more often, making it more difficult to do activities with your friends or family. Create a Spring Festival Venue, an all around about Spring and things you can do during it, keep in mind any holidays you want to include in aspects in creating the Festival, if it happens in Spring then you can add it to the Venue. Make sure there is a roof overhead, to encourage Sims coming out even when there is so much rain. Be sure to include activities that would have at least something for all ages available.

Summer:

CHOICE 1: An Outdoorsy type lot ( park)

Summer is a more active, in some places, time for many Sims to want to do things outdoors. Depending on where you live there could be holidays, or certain activities that people enjoy and engage in during the warmest Season. Create a Park that has something for everyone, all ages, be creative and see what inspires you, do you enjoy rock climbing, a game of horseshoes? Do you have any musical concerts in the park where you live? Try to think outside the box a little and make a fun and exciting Park that many Sims would enjoy visiting as often as you let them. Don't forget a safe area for watching fireworks!

CHOICE 2: A Public Water Park/Pool

During the summer many Simmers and Sims alike feel like its just too hot to really do much, they feel like lounging about in any way to keep cool. Using your creativity to make either an interesting Public Pool, or a Water Park. They both must be functional, please test to make sure. Try to add activities themed towards which you create, to make Sims comfortable visiting for many hours, and make sure there is something for all ages. Can't wait to see what you all create with this one.

Fall/Autumn:

CHOICE 1:

Autumn Farmers Market( retail)

Fall has arrived ( it actually is the first day of it here today in US), and the cooler crisp air has arrived. Many like to visit Farmers Markets ( or what you may have similar, where they sell produce and other hand made items) so they can purchase fresh ingredients for that Butternut Squash soup they suddenly want, and look over hand crafted items for sale. Be creative, you may include mannequins, that have to include adult of each gender ( works for YA up to elder) and child of each gender, that sport an outfit for : Everyday Wear, Formal Wear, Cold Weather Wear and Party for a costume for each of the genders and ages. The choices you use to create outfits are up to you but try to bring out your inner Stylist. Include produce, and hand made items for sale as well as knittables. You may include Fall related Flower Arrangements, woodworking items, basically anything for sale that your Sim can make.

CHOICE 2:

Spooky Haunted House Attraction or Ghostly Graveyard for Ghost Walk Tours (generic lot for either)

If you have ever wanted to create your own Haunted House now is your chance. Be sure to make it feel like an attraction to visit and not just a spooky old home. Give one part a vibe that could run chills down a Sims back, and one that will make them laugh from all the fun they take their kids in to see. You should create both types in a creative way to allow Sims of all ages to have fun. If you choose the Ghostly Graveyard for Ghost Walking Tours, you may include urns or tombstones from Sims that have actually passed on, or use the ones in Build Mode, or a combination. This one should have a Spooky Vibe. Try to recreate what you think Sims would enjoy seeing on a Ghostly Tour.

Winter:

CHOICE 1: A Winterfest Festival( generic lot)

Imagine the time of year where snow starts to fall, you want to feel warm and cozy, but can't ignore the call of hot cocoa and roasted marshmallows at the local festival. Try to create a Winterfest Festival that has activities for all ages, you may add a selling table to try to sell woodworking or knittables( if you have Knifty Knitting). Be sure to incorporate a skating rink ( if you have this pack) to your festival and an appropriate Food Stall. Imagine the fun you can have even in the cold.

CHOICE 2: Christmas (Yule) Village (retail lot)

Think of a time of year many find magickal, whether its due to the Snow or your annual visit to the Christmas (Yule) Village. You find displays full of toys for kids, knittable clothing, toys and decor. Flower arrangements made that set a nice tone for winter gifts to your older friends. Be creative as you can, you may include 2 mannequins for each gender for adult ones ( YA up to elder) and 2 for each gender for child. If you use mannequins Everyday Wear, Formal Wear, Party Wear ( costume related to this for child or a more New Years Eve or Christmas (Yule) day outfit for adult one, and a Colder Wear outfit.

I hope you find this fun and interesting and share your builds here. Be sure to include any stories or descriptions you have about your build choice, be sure to include at least a brief list of some things they will find in it. Can't wait to see what you all create, and hope you find this enjoyable, and inclusive.

Post edited by smurfy77 on

Comments

• Options
    In case anyone is not feeling this, i have never made a Challenge before, if you have any suggestions to help make it better I would be grateful, I had just wanted to think if another way to include others ( hence the no CC or mods) and I am going to try to create one of each option here, maybe I stated it wrong bc you can always post another too, if the ideas aren't what you like any feedback is appreciated, thank you 😁
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think this sounds like a great challenge, I like the idea of extending the associations of seasons; and your rules, especially the limited ones - it will be interesting to try those.
    I missed where it says deadline though.

There are a lot of build challenges in the section The Sims 4 Lots; so even though this section is called challenges perhaps those wanting to build mainly read the other one.
  • Options
    I think this sounds like a great challenge, I like the idea of extending the associations of seasons; and your rules, especially the limited ones - it will be interesting to try those.
    I missed where it says deadline though.

There are a lot of build challenges in the section The Sims 4 Lots; so even though this section is called challenges perhaps those wanting to build mainly read the other one.

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if should put a deadline lol, just really had some ideas and welcome anyone to mess around with any of this to turn it in to something. Thank you so much for your feedback, I wasn't really sure if the rules were good loll
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Oh, that sounds great, I'll try it this weekend then.
  • Options
    I chose Spring, choice 1, an arboretum. I gave it lot assignment National Park, and placed the grill in an unaccessible basement, not wanting it in the lot. National Park has fewer visits than Park, and less children.
    EA Gallery ID: DonroaAkashu
    Name of build: Midtown Meadows Arboretum
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/75EADBCC04CF11EB8FBEB16ACE59D5D9?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=midtown meadows arboretum&max=50&maxis=false

Rules: I tried the hard ones, so no CC, no MOO, only 3 packs: base game + Seasons EP, Romantic Gardens SP, Holiday Celebration Pack (free). It is built on Midtown Meadows in Newcrest, 40X30, and meant to be placed there. I did not enlarge/minimize any items; but it is a feature in the game, and no cheat is necessary to do so. The commands differ according to keyboards, for my swedish one I enlarge with key: Å; minimize with key:´ (acute accent). I also did not use any debug objects, or any other cheats. Two items I would have wanted to add: the woohoo bush and the museum sign (GT?), otherwise I'm quite happy with it.
    Description: The National Park shows a botanical collection of the tree flora in Newcrest, focused on the ones common in the northern area Bridgeview. But lingering you might find some unexpected exotic examples as well.. It is a small park, with a gazebo used for the detailed studying of springtime seasonal flowers. It is open to the public and its different parts provide entertainment for all, walking the paths, watching the trees, finding all the treasures hidden.

Pictures:
    From above
    rlKQWtO.png

Within the trees
    kBSMPtR.png

The gazebo
    2X6aChc.png

Tips: If you add a hashtag you can find several builds at the same time. If you post in the section for Lots: The Sims 4>Creative Corner>The Sims 4 Lots, more players that build regularly might see the thread. Perhaps you can also ask rosemow if they want to mention your challenge in the Build Challenges Link Thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838133/build-challenges-links-thread#latest
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I chose choice 2 for summer mainly because I already had a public pool done that is still one of my faves. It includes a bar and grilling area, two gazebos, one with its own private area and fountain, a kid area with all kinds of water toys, a hot tub, AND a lazy river WITH a tunnel.....did I miss anything? lol Like I said I built it a few months ago, so I had already used Move Objects and I'm sure theres a few debug items in there somewhere. I just went and took the pictures and saw a few things I had missed back then but hey, ya live and ya learn.

EA ID: Clousinators
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BF8F83836C8611EA8DA1F2ED66B80B86?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    Image Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/qw9XTHC
    A few pics:
    RxLQRFI.png
    JG61rgS.png
    scbGiyA.png
  • Options
    Oh, I like that waterplay aspect. Do the sims swim around in it?
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @Auroraskies I know that they CAN swim through the entire thing because when I tested it I clicked my way through as a sim and had no problems.... I don't know if a Sim will actually swim laps around the "lazy river" without being instructed to do so
  • Options
    I chose Spring, choice 1, an arboretum. I gave it lot assignment National Park, and placed the grill in an unaccessible basement, not wanting it in the lot. National Park has fewer visits than Park, and less children.
    EA Gallery ID: DonroaAkashu
    Name of build: Midtown Meadows Arboretum
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/75EADBCC04CF11EB8FBEB16ACE59D5D9?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=midtown meadows arboretum&max=50&maxis=false

Rules: I tried the hard ones, so no CC, no MOO, only 3 packs: base game + Seasons EP, Romantic Gardens SP, Holiday Celebration Pack (free). It is built on Midtown Meadows in Newcrest, 40X30, and meant to be placed there. I did not enlarge/minimize any items; but it is a feature in the game, and no cheat is necessary to do so. The commands differ according to keyboards, for my swedish one I enlarge with key: Å; minimize with key:´ (acute accent). I also did not use any debug objects, or any other cheats. Two items I would have wanted to add: the woohoo bush and the museum sign (GT?), otherwise I'm quite happy with it.
    Description: The National Park shows a botanical collection of the tree flora in Newcrest, focused on the ones common in the northern area Bridgeview. But lingering you might find some unexpected exotic examples as well.. It is a small park, with a gazebo used for the detailed studying of springtime seasonal flowers. It is open to the public and its different parts provide entertainment for all, walking the paths, watching the trees, finding all the treasures hidden.

Pictures:
    From above
    rlKQWtO.png

Within the trees
    kBSMPtR.png

The gazebo
    2X6aChc.png

Tips: If you add a hashtag you can find several builds at the same time. If you post in the section for Lots: The Sims 4>Creative Corner>The Sims 4 Lots, more players that build regularly might see the thread. Perhaps you can also ask rosemow if they want to mention your challenge in the Build Challenges Link Thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838133/build-challenges-links-thread#latest

I loved it! Beautiful build, i am not so great at those and I would most definitely use that in any game!
  • Options
    I chose choice 2 for summer mainly because I already had a public pool done that is still one of my faves. It includes a bar and grilling area, two gazebos, one with its own private area and fountain, a kid area with all kinds of water toys, a hot tub, AND a lazy river WITH a tunnel.....did I miss anything? lol Like I said I built it a few months ago, so I had already used Move Objects and I'm sure theres a few debug items in there somewhere. I just went and took the pictures and saw a few things I had missed back then but hey, ya live and ya learn.

EA ID: Clousinators
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BF8F83836C8611EA8DA1F2ED66B80B86?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    Image Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/qw9XTHC
    A few pics:
    RxLQRFI.png
    JG61rgS.png
    scbGiyA.png

oh wow! Lazy river was always my fave part of a water park! I love this so much!!
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it - it was a very good community lot idea, and it was interesting to make it work with so few packs, so a lot of fun. I never use CC or MOO and usually build small; but have almost all DLC, and like using a lot of it, so it certainly was a challenge.