Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I just say...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited October 2020
    That trailer was hysterical! :D I'm wiping tears here hahah

Those were the days, where the Sims team DARED, and wasn't afraid of stepping on toes and being overly considerate just in case someone got triggered. I wish we had such a team again. TS4 is absolutely lacking in the weird, goofy, absurd, unexpected department.
    Post edited by Kathykins on
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    You know the game's a bore when the high point of a sim's day is when they harvest their crops and sell them. Oh, the things I can do in 2!
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    You know the game's a bore when the high point of a sim's day is when they harvest their crops and sell them. Oh, the things I can do in 2!

LOL

Yep.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I bought the game used at a yard sale for $5 early in the year. On disk, and didn't have to deal with this Origin or Steam nonsense (I wish EA would take a page from GOG, and not require a client that takes more information than really is need; or in my opinion, legal).

This is the thing. Despite the fact that the graphics are mediocre because "It's a game from 2005"; I love the fact that TS2 really does the Sims best, which well, the Sims themselves are the main part of the franchise. Their animations are detailed, to the point they rummage through drawers to get stuff, instead of it poofing out of nowhere. They are very intelligent, and their behavior is the most life-like of the series. They actually had interpersonal relationships that affected other Sims as well. My Sim became friends with Cassandra Goth, and about every morning, Mortimer would come over and squabble with my Sim. And, you had to have relationships with multiple coworkers as a condition of a promotion. Getting promoted in TS4 is way too easy.

TS2 neighborhoods maybe like TS4 worlds, but at least we can mess with the stuff outside of lots in world view. You can't do that in TS4 at all.