Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• PeacefulSimPeacefulSim Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to have the option to have Sims living with disability. I went through that and want to be able to tell my story in the Sims. Having Sims with wheelchairs and canes and walkers would be more inclusive. I was young when I had to use a wheelchair and cane, so of course, they'd need to be sized for even children, teens, and adults, not just elders. I know it's a lot to change for animation and building, but I read some other threads suggesting it, too. It would be inclusive to include blind and deaf people also. Sim sign language?
  • AgentNorito10AgentNorito10 Posts: 4 New Member
    Please, reduce the time that the loading screens take. I wait at least 10 or 15 minutes to start playing my household. Firstly I wait for the game to take me to the main menu, then after I get to the main menu I press the play button to start and I wait for the game to take me to the household that I want to play, at last I find the household that I want to play and I wait again to start playing. After all that waiting it's time to do my homework and I waisted my time on waiting for the game to start. And there's the other thing, I want my sims to meet their neighbors who live across the street, my sims get out of their house, walk on the street and at the time they get to the neighbor's house, almost outise of the door, poof, there's a loading screen. That's rediculous, visiting the neighbors who live across the street, instead of knocking their door and start chatting, we get a loading screen. Come on, I want to play sims, not just sitting and waiting till I grow old. Pretty please EA, don't put many loading screens and please reduce their time.

Thank you
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I'd like the ability to stop eaves from seeping through walls. It really ruins the experience playing a house when you see a Sim walking up stairs to see roof tiles peaking through the wall.
    2quwd7.gif

• CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member

Most wanted
    - Bug fixes!
    - Better personalities (that impact gameplay more):
    Trait/aspiration overhaul
    * Likes/dislikes/interests/hobbies
    * Attraction system
    * Traits and aspiration affecting personality more
    Emotion overhaul
    Whims overhaul
    * Whims more depending on traits and aspirations
    Memory system
    - More relationship types, more unique interactions depending on relationship, one-sided relationships (e.g. crushes, disliking someone): more dynamic relationships
    * Add "family" to relationship panel
    - NPC story progression
    - More hobbies/after-school activities

CAS
    * Being able to choose more relationship types when creating a household, e.g. best friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.
    * Choosing non-binary and gender neutral pronouns (they/them, "partner" instead of boyfriend/girlfriend)
    * Better eyelashes
    * Nail polish
    * More piercings: belly button piercings, lip piercings, more piercings for the current placements
    * More tattoos
    * Body hair
    * Disabilities
    * More trait slots + more traits

Build/buy
    * Hammocks
    * Tree houses
    * Sand boxes
    * Bunk beds
    * Alarm clocks
    * More instruments (e.g. drums, saxophone, etc.)
    * More outdoor plants
    * Being able to combine lots, e.g. retail and residential, or vet clinic and residential
    * Pond/lake tool
    * Improving the elevators so that you can use them for all builds
    * Being able to paint ceilings

Gameplay/features
    * Improved babies of course
    * Roller skating, skateboarding, surfing
    * More pets, e.g. birds, reptiles, etc.
    * More stuff to do for toddlers, kids and teens - more unique gameplay and interactions for each of these age groups
    * More gameplay consequences
    * Improved family tree
    * More activities for holiday and club systems + more icons
    * More event types, e.g. baby shower, bachelor/bachelorette parties, family reunions, engagement parties, sleepovers for kids, funerals, etc.
    * More hobbies + after-school activities (e.g. sports, ballet, dancing, more arts and crafts, etc.)
    * Better sickness system for Get to Work - my sims getting a cold etc. and needing treatment in form of medicine or going to the hospital - and not cured immediately or only sick for a few hours
    * Being able to book gigs if you have a certain skill level in piano, guitar, violin or singing
    * Being able to walk toddlers and babies in strollers

Pack wishes
    * Generations/family
    * Freetime/hobbies
    * Farming
    * Hotels/resorts
    * Bands
    * Dating/romance
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Please, reduce the time that the loading screens take. I wait at least 10 or 15 minutes to start playing my household. Firstly I wait for the game to take me to the main menu, then after I get to the main menu I press the play button to start and I wait for the game to take me to the household that I want to play, at last I find the household that I want to play and I wait again to start playing. After all that waiting it's time to do my homework and I waisted my time on waiting for the game to start. And there's the other thing, I want my sims to meet their neighbors who live across the street, my sims get out of their house, walk on the street and at the time they get to the neighbor's house, almost outise of the door, poof, there's a loading screen. That's rediculous, visiting the neighbors who live across the street, instead of knocking their door and start chatting, we get a loading screen. Come on, I want to play sims, not just sitting and waiting till I grow old. Pretty please EA, don't put many loading screens and please reduce their time.

Thank you

...Without being rude: If your game takes 15 minutes to load you either need to take your computer to service, or replace it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Beardedgeek,

I don't play on a computer, I play on console and my game doesn't have any problems, I'm just overreacting about the time that the game takes to load, it really doesn't take much but it feels like 10 or 15 minutes and it's annoying. Then I play like 10 minutes. Finnaly my mother tells me that it's time for homework. I can't play much on weekdays because of school but in my class teachers don't give us much homework but I have after school activities and then I have to do the little homework that I have. I may be overreacting about it but I don't like spending my time on waiting for the game to start. And sorry for writing this as a comment, I'm new to this and I don't know how to write a comment on someone.
  • jenalynn84jenalynn84 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not sure how often this has been requested, but could we please have more natural hair colors to choose from, and perhaps more options for highlights? There are several punky/hipster dyed colors, but each natural hair color has anywhere from 1-3 shades and that is it. There are several shades of brown, blond, and red (and even black) that are not available. It would also be nice to have more hairstyles that include highlights since it is pretty common for women to add highlights to their color.

Additionally, I would like it if the hair styles with accessories had an option to change the color of the accessory independent of the hair shade. If I want a purple headband, I currently would have to choose blond hair, for example, and if I want a certain hair color, I am stuck with the color of the accessory and must tailor the outfit to the accessory so it somewhat coordinates. It would also allow for more variety among townies with the same hairstyle and color.

It would also be nice if when choosing bed/sofa/chair color that we could change the frame/leg color independent of the body of the piece so that we could coordinate the wood colors better with end tables/dressers/etc. This was a feature in Sims 3 and I really enjoyed that level of customization. It is especially disappointing with the dining chairs and beds, because you may have a certain color scheme in mind in which you want to choose a certain bedspread or seat cushion color, but then you have to work around the bedframe/chair leg color, making it more challenging to coordinate your home.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Beardedgeek,

I don't play on a computer, I play on console and my game doesn't have any problems, I'm just overreacting about the time that the game takes to load, it really doesn't take much but it feels like 10 or 15 minutes and it's annoying. Then I play like 10 minutes. Finnaly my mother tells me that it's time for homework. I can't play much on weekdays because of school but in my class teachers don't give us much homework but I have after school activities and then I have to do the little homework that I have. I may be overreacting about it but I don't like spending my time on waiting for the game to start. And sorry for writing this as a comment, I'm new to this and I don't know how to write a comment on someone.

What console cause I play on console (ps4) and I timed it at 5 minutes
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • jenalynn84jenalynn84 Posts: 2 New Member
    Could we see some improvements to facial hair? I would like to see an option to layer them so you could have 1 from each category if you choose ( for example 5 o'clock shadow from the beard category, a handlebar mustache from the mustache category, and a soul patch from the goatee category). Or, just include 5 oclock shadow as part of some of the goatee and mustache options if choosing multiple categories isn't possible. The mustache options are pretty lacking as well. There is either Tom Selleck, handlebar with no beard, or a skimpy whispy one.
  • LadyGremlinLadyGremlin Posts: 1 New Member
    [b]Things I would Like in Sims 4[/b]

[b]1. Build and Buy Mode[/b]
    There is a few things here that I want to cover in the build and buy mode. A lot of Catagories seem to be lacking in content.

• Wall Decor.
    There isn't enough good wall decor. And by this I don't mean cob webs, stains, stickers, or anything non poster/art.
    I would like to see more posters and paintings. They're so limited that after a while every build starts to have the same ones. There isn't enough variety.
    We need more variety of posters so teen rooms actually look like they belong to a teenager and not some guest room.
    A variety of Band posters is a must.
    A variety of paintings is a must.
    There should be more swatches too that are different paintings and not just different shades of the same thing. Like different frames or different designs.

•Curtains
    There are a number of windows that don't have curtains that fit, or if they do, the style just doesn't work. We need a variety of curtains and swatches of them. Plain and patterned ones. Maybe even duplicate existing ones to fit each size.

•Shelving
    This is a must, especially when you have a retail store. We need shelves that are able to hold collectables, gems, etc.
    And I don't mean wall shelves, I mean ones that stand up and aren't cluttered so that only one or two areas on the shelves can hold something. Shelf spaces that work in a retail store. Like a display cabinet with more space and able to hold collectables.

•Rugs.
    We need more rugs. Simple rugs, fancy rugs, of all sizes. Most of the rugs are way too out there or if they are what I'm looking for, they're too small. Dining table rugs, living room rugs, etc.

[b]2. CAS Mode[/b]
    There is a bit here.

•Male CAS
    Can we please, please, please have less metrosexual male clothing? Not many guys would actually wear some of the stuff there. We need normal male clothing with normal colors.
    Also less formal pants and more casual ones.
    Better summer wear for males.

•Female CAS
    Why is it that males have better variety for winter clothing? We need more winter clothing for Females.

[b]3. Gameplay[/b]

•Photos and painting
    More frame variety. A better way to paint in game scenes. It's difficult when I'm trying to paint a photo of someone but the game isn't frozen when I do it so they walk away from the spot I sit a sim down to make a portrait of them.
    Same goes for taking family photos.

•can we have grocery stores to buy groceries in bulk?

•More lots and Worlds. The one empty world gets filled up p quickly once I add in restraunts and other expansion lot types.
    edited September 2020
    I'd like to a colour wheel for all objects and items of clothing; we shouldn't be relegated only to a select few different colours.

Also, how about an in-ground spa? You see a lot of them coupled with pools.

Another also, The ability for walls to be placed in middle of tiles.
    Post edited by adamclark83 on
    2quwd7.gif

• MaryanRHMaryanRH Posts: 4 New Member
    This is what I'd like to see in sims 4;
    + a swing bench
    + goats
    + pottery station
    + kites
    + more aspersions and traits
    + a native american game pack
    + tricycles
    + ceiling wall paper
    + ceiling fans with lights
    + more relationship options
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    First of all, I read your note and I know some features need time but I think you should stop with the packs for a while and focus on the features that the simmers want. I believe that the simmers can wait for a while without a new pack.

Now onto the features that I want to see in the game:

2) More game play for teenagers. I'm not gonna lie, the teenagers are adults that go to school and do homework. In that case, I would like to see more teenage drama, fighting over a boy or a girl, sleepovers, prom, maybe online dating, cheerleading and sports teams. I don't want my teenager to be like an adult, that makes the teenagers boring.

4) SCHOOLS! OF COURSE SCHOOLS! And I don't want a rabbithole like in the sims 3, I want playable schools. It's fun following your child or teenager in school. It's fun to see the teachers that want to kill themselves because of the noisy classes. I want to see the kids making friends in school, having a exams or tests, having a crush on a boy or a girl, proms and other school events. I also want the same for university classes.

5) More community lots like grocery stores, malls, book stores, video game stores and others. And again not rabbitholes.

See, I agree on the teens (tho I don't want them shorter; I am VERY happy that SIms 4 has realistically sized teens; all the other games asumed all teens to be 12-14 years old for some reason.

But the rest of these? GOD No. PLEASE make rabbit hole options or the options to skip. I HATED having to go shopping in Sims 2 and I HATED school as a kid and would hate having to play thru it.

As someone who works with teenagers, I second this. Playable schools sounds like a chore.

I used Zeberu's playable school mod and it got stale really, really quickly.
  • MaryanRHMaryanRH Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd also like to see more dance options like; waltz, ballet, tango, tap, etc.

Another thing I wish could be done, is an option to disable playing video games on phone and computer. It gets really annoying when your sim plays video games no matter their traits and no matter the gameplay. I want to give my sims free will but it's hard when they do something completely out of character.

I'd also like more instruments. I want my sims to be able to play more then a violin, piano, guitar, DJ station, and organ. I want stuff like cellos, drums, trumpets, harmonicas, accordion, the one-man band thing, etc.
    More women's business shirts, maybe silk.

Also, why are the majority of button-up shirts hang out of pants/skirts rather than tucked in?
    2quwd7.gif

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited October 2020
    The ability to scale windows over multiple floors (and possibly doors) similar to how we can with columns.

Split levelling!
    For the recent release of the extreme super small saucer light, it was described as having the same brightness as the standard sized light. Since this small ceiling light is similar to modern day LED downlights, I'd like them to mimic them in terms of light output. They only shine downwards.
    2quwd7.gif

• tinkyforlifetinkyforlife Posts: 1 New Member
    More art please! Art that has POCs in them. I hate not being able to use portraits of black families, they have them for white people. Also more art all together with high environment ratings. Honestly you need to hire more POCs I think all these issues with lack of hair styles No dread locks! and issues w skin coloring and make up would not be an problem if you had a more diverse team. I saw you are contracting out for help with this. Why not just hire people!!! Please that’s what’s really going to make this game better, diversity in your company.
  • Jenn_AJenn_A Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I have a huge suggestion that I’ve seen A LOT. More modern pieces.
    Definitely more upbeat with the times.
    Maybe modern farmhouse? With pained windows, a window that can be a door? Something that lets in a lot of natural light. I want to do a theme where these rich people can live Luxury and make their home look as such but I’m having a hard time finding pieces that go together.
    Modern as in sleek clean counters and island counters and appliances, something that’s got white and black with marble for the kitchen. More neutral colors like grays and whites. I’d really love to see some more modern furniture and decor and a lot of clean sleek patterns. not really into the “funky quirky” side of things. The Spa day pack is as close to modern as it gets but definitely don’t want my home to look like a hotel. Just a few ideas.
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2020
    I just posted this on another thread regarding build mode, here it is again:

Build Mode:
    • Skylights - I know we have glass roofs, but I would like something like a window that can be placed on the roof
    • Full size sliding doors - I love the big and modern sliding doors from Eco Living, but I would like to see them in full height (floor to ceiling height) that matches the windows
    • Be able to place walk-in closets in half tiles - We can now place windows and doors in half tile, why can't we do it for walk-in closets?
    • Be able to delete 1 floor tile at a time like in Sims 2
    • Garage and garage doors
    • Big and frameless windows - for more modern look
    • Triangular windows right underneath the roof
    • Countertop stoves and built in ovens in the cabinet
    • Round walls
    • Round staircases
    • Round pools
    • Staircase for pools - so sims can walk down the pool instead of climbing down
    • Be able to place fountain on foundation - we can place pools on foundations, why can't we do it for fountains?
    • Smaller toilet stalls - the current ones we have are 2x3, I would like to see them in 1x2 for space issues
    • Wall mounted AC units
    • Heating/cooling vents on the wall and floor - I believe we have this in Sims 2
    • More ceiling-hanging plants
    • Be able to change color and dim the lights in build mode
    • 3 or 4 sided sleek glass fireplace that can be placed in the middle of the room as a room divider

World:
    A new neighborhood with Asian architecture from the far east. I would like to build a Japanese/Korean/Chinese traditional house but right now it is not possible.

Gameplay:
    • Be able to order items like medicine and upgrade parts from the phone and tablet
    • Be able to work from home for older careers before City Living, like office and tech guru
    • Be able to bathe the cats - some people do bathe their cats in real life, I am one of them. Why can't we bathe the cats in the game?
    • Shorten the time it takes to walk the dogs - In some neighborhoods my sim only comes back after over 6 hours for a short walk!!
    • Remove/rework the sharing is caring NAP - it's not cool to have things stolen from my sims' house

Post edited by chidoriaida on
    Pleeeeaaaaaase for the skintones and hair put sliders! For the skintones it'll be the same as before with the swatches but the only difference is that there'll be 100 skintones. And for the hair, we have three shades of brown, three shades of red, three shades of blonde, black and some colors that are out of place. I believe that we want realistic colors for hair and not a lot of other colors, those colors would be good for highlights. I know that there are some hair options that give us highlights but, wouldn't it be better to put highlights whenever we want and not have pre made? I personally think it's good! It would be fun to have a slider to choose the hair color and a slider for the highlights. Please put sliders. I can't understand why pets have color sliders and sims don't have. I don't think it's fair. I really want the sliders for the hair and especially the skintones, it's not realistic to have green, red, blue skintones, it's not realistic. And about the darker skintones, I hope you fixed them. I don't want to see again ashy darker skintones. Anyway, that's all I have to say for the hair an skintones.

Thank you
    What about auburn hair colour?
    2quwd7.gif

• LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    Kept looking where post this, couldn't find spot better than here:
    * please take down option remove wild plants in granite waterfalls. There's no reason to have that. All npc running around destroying plants leaving nothing to do there. Especially for sims with nature enthusiast traits, it's devastating.
  • AKsinsimmerAKsinsimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    [b][@TheSims
    Hi Sims team I am here to say that to add two things in Sims 4 in next patch update :

1)first of all add a grocery store in Sims 4 like Sims 3 where a dialogmenu
    Will appear when my SIM will go inside it, And buy Buy things which we seclect it.

2)PLEASE !!! Add atleast 10 empty lots in any 3 maps where we can build our houses, restaurant,clubs etc

[b]Some more little things [/b]

1.add a shopping bag with sim when they
    Come out from grocery store, As Sims 4 is
    A optimized game

2.As Sims 4 is a optimized game my main
    Fouse on to add more (10) empty lots
    PLEASE!! to make the game more better
    [b]AT LAST[/b]
    I REALLY LOVE SIMS 4 THAN SIMS 3 BECAUSE OF OPTAMIZATION,FANTASTIC CAS MODE AND build/buymode. SO ABOVE THINGS WHICH I HAVE METIONED
    AVOBE PLEASE PLEASE DO ADD THOSE THINGS IN NEXT UPDATE OF SIMS 4👆

THANK YOU 👍👍

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top