Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Have you NOT done?

13...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    There so much I have not done yet:

Complete any career (I think i never reached level 10 in any of them)
    Visit SIXAM
    Do robotics - never even checked out the possibilities
    Complete a collection
    Grow a cowplant
    Grow any of the special plants (like the UFO fruit planr?)
    Play the Vet career
    Complete the Aspirations (ok, I think a couple were completed, but it happened unintentionally)
    Explore the Jungle of Selvadorada thoroughly (only went 3-4 gates in there, found the temple twice but never explored it).
    Join any of University's secret societies
    Join any of the UNI clubs (a couple students joined the football one, but I never checked out the Debate or Painting (?).
    Hardly did anything related to ECO yet
    Explore the secret lab of StrangerVille (love the world, just did not run the story there yet).
    Have a sim max the Wellness skill (assuming they gain some benefits?)
    Focus on Herbalism. One sim has started, but I doubt he will reach any far, LOL.
    Train a pet

And there must be more. I will be busy with this game for 5 more years, regardless of future packs :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Anybody got any tips for making Selvadorada not miserable?

Have your sims increase their logic, handiness, fitness, charisma, and Selvadoradian culture skills. They will get out of situations without harm more easily and it also helps when navigating traps in the temples and story cards between gates.

Since your sims are spellcasters, learning spells to conjure up food and raise hygiene are also helpful.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There is a lot of things I haven't done in TS4 but mostly because I don't really want to like the collections have never really interested me. Gardening is something I haven't really put much effort into. Finding the secret worlds doesn't interest me because I've read that they are disappointing. I've never played an alien or plant sim and I'm sure there is lots more but it's hard to think what off the top of my head.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Herbalism, that doesnt interest me at all, it just feels like playing with free camera to look for a herbal plant and then grill them for a mere emotional moodlet.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

Hmmm... What have I NOT done? :p:D

(Just being silly for a laugh ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp4wmJASgZ4
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @MissClairely What I did with Selvadorada was make the area at the botton right into a resort. I put in a spa lot, upgraded the museum to include picnic and playground areas, turned the upstairs of the cantina into a small nightclub, and downloaded a big fancy resort house from the gallery. I send my sims there a few times where they buy as many of the protective items as they can and work on gaining the Selvadoradan Culture skill. Once they have that maxed they can eat the local food with no trouble, and after a few trips they will have gathered most of the potential supplies that make sure they'll get the positive moodlet. And they'll have befriended some locals who can help if they get cursed. Also in the meantime, as the sims are going on with their lives in between vacations, they can afford some traits or potions from the aspiration rewards that will help counter most of what they do get. That way when they go into the jungle on a later trip I can keep them mostly happy. Also, take the tent and the cooler from Outdoor Retreat in their inventory when you go to the jungle, so they don't have to go back to base and start back at the beginning each morning.
    Unfortunately the firepits from Outdoor Retreat spread fire way to easy, and are bugged when it comes to putting them out.

I haven't tried the new ability to elope on vacation lots, because I enjoy throwing wedding parties. So the closest to destination weddings I've come is using a wedding venue on a beach in Sulani. I've also seen some nice wedding venues on the gallery for the Ruins or the Bluffs in Windenberg. But the waterfall in Selvadorada that makes everyone flirty seems like a natural place to do it if I decide to.

To get back on topic, I also have not thrown the majority of the party types in the game. Mostly I have had tons of weddings, the occasional dinner party when required for an aspiration, a spooky party or two, and several toddler play dates. I probably have thrown birthday parties in the past, but I haven't bothered for a long time since they get the happy moodlet just from the cake. When the sim who's going to take the Party Animal aspiration grows up, I plan to have him throw every type at least once.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited September 2020
    Here's 10 of them:

Haven't visited Forgotten Grotto.

Never owned a retail photo studio.

Never completed any of the Location-based aspirations.

Still haven't experienced any of the gameplay associated with Realm of Magic.

Played an alien.

Haven't collected every Voidcritter.

Never used the weather changing contraption lol.

Played the art or food critic career.

Haven't had a sim get all of the positive Parenthood values.

Never made a tiny house.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Hmmm... What have I NOT done? :p:D

(Just being silly for a laugh ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp4wmJASgZ4

Is it weird that I was just listening to that song a few days ago with my daughter haha!
    Is it weird that I was just listening to that song a few days ago with my daughter haha!

Yes. Totally! The awesome kind of weird. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hard to mention it all. I have a list with 1049 features of all packs and base game (except for SW, that i don't own) and i have explored something like only 100 features by now... i have so much yet to do...

Ok, I may have asked you this before or it was someone else, but could I get this list from you and where did you find all the pack features? Or did you just cracked your brain for those :p

I'm not on my pc now but i'll try to remember to share it here when i'm back at home :) i've compiled that list supported by simvip guides. They're so so complete :)
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    My list is still long:

I have not:

Let a playable sim die intentionally (Not to be confused with killing a sim intentionally. I have done that >:) )
    Visit the secret areas
    Uncovered all the vacation areas and completed those aspirations
    Completed the Vampire Family Aspiration
    Visit Batuu (my own storyline is just too active right now)
    Leveled a spell caster
    Visited all the places the spellcasters can go
    Cured a vampire
    Gotten all the degrees for University
    Leveled all careers

There is a ton more but these stand out.

The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SofieSimsxSofieSimsx Posts: 38 Member
    I still haven't played as a Spellcaster! I still haven't played University (waiting for my legacy kids to grow up so I can experience it with them). I haven't visited Salvadora yet. I haven't played half the careers/aspirations. Now that I think about it, there's still so many things I haven't done, ha.
  • lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    I never played any part of these packs: eco lifestyle, strangerville, island living, jungle adventure. And the dectective career from get to work, and city living careers. Yes, I have all these packs.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have a long list.
    • Bought JTB (and probably never will unless it goes on a $5 sale).
    • Reached the top of most careers (only one)
    • Played most careers
    • Unlocked all the doors in Jungle Adventure
    • Played in Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow, or Brindleton Bay
    • Had sims fight
    • Had sims divorce
    • Had a sim die of anything besides old age (except the one time my sim died using the murphy bed for the very first time)
    • Finished most aspirations (only ever finished three)
    • Played with aliens
    • Had a sim abducted
    • Revived a sim from the dead
    • Finished university (the one time my sims attended was to test the pack)
    • Rode a bike
    • Had triplets

And a lot more I can't think of right now.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    I wouldn't worry about things that "You haven't done". There is so much in the game that it gives freedom to do what one likes, rather than "achievements". Don't feel obliged to do everything.

@KayeStar I haven't instigated fights, but have seen NPC fights. Unless this counts, I had her fight Father Winter for a present rather than ask nicely. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsJ2erWiNuA

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    I have not done anything of the list lol
    5zUb897.jpg

• LeilathaLeilatha Posts: 24 Member
    My "never" list will focus on the base game, because when I buy a pack I check everything, do aspirations, career, watch all the places in the world and check if there is a forum thread "Did you know that in pack XXX ...", and then I test everything in my game.
    I've never:
    - finished all base game aspirations
    - finished all base game collections
    - played all base game careers
    - played with already existing family
    - had more than three generations
    and probably a lot more. Usually in my gameplay I have a specific story or just weird mods (currently with serial killers) so I focus on what fits, not what I have never played before, but I promised myself that in the future I'll have Sim with every aspiration and collection finished.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Up until today I had never used the obstacle course from Cats and Dogs. I was also unaware that you could light the hoops on fire. Thank goodness my sims dog was short haired 😄
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Up until today I had never used the obstacle course from Cats and Dogs. I was also unaware that you could light the hoops on fire. Thank goodness my sims dog was short haired 😄

I have also never used those. Lol
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Reading these lists makes me feel like I've played this game too much for I've done most of them, some on the daily. XD

Although, there are still some things to do:
    I haven't really played with mermaids (they're meh to me...have used them to test builds but that's about it)
    I'm not really a legacy player past 3 gen. (sigh, I get too attached or distracted LOL)
    Not played with all the pre-mades - thinking maybe halfway?
    Not done any NK or JTB yet...one day I will have and conquer them (I hope)
    I've not made a servo only because it's so tedious - get bored after making bots.
    Oh, and the secret society...they never came after leaving the stuff and I think I got impatient with the process.
    And seeing the Northern lights - but only because I've not had EL for all that long.

I tend to get bored with the tedious tasks yet I love all the collections and miss the postivity one that can no longer be done (without cheats). IDK if I'm weird or super basic. Perhaps it depends on the day. :D
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    here is what i havent done

finished most of the aspirations
    made ambrousia
    brought a sim back to life
    sim die of emotional death
    go to the hidden or lot
    build a servo
    finish all careers at level 10
    never joined the secret society
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    A more detailed list:

Never done anything at all with the Magic pack, not even visiting the world. I bought it ONLY because of the very attractive leather dress... (yeah, yeah).
    Never played as any kind of supernatural except vampire.
    Never played about two thirds of jobs, including flower designer (don't remember the proper name for it), actor, doctor...
    Never lived in half the worlds
    Never used about two thirds of the traits
    Never used about four quarters of aspirations
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hard to mention it all. I have a list with 1049 features of all packs and base game (except for SW, that i don't own) and i have explored something like only 100 features by now... i have so much yet to do...

This is an excellent idea and something I might work on today. I play one main family with one sim completing most of the careers, aspirations, etc. so gameplay is very slow for me.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I've never had a retail shop or business. (Not interested. I did it in TS2 but realized that it was more work than fun playing it.)
    I've never had a vampire, alien, mermaid or other "supernatural" sim (except for Realm of Magic, but I think of those more like studying herbalism than being "supernatural.") I do have the EPs for those, because of build things and clothing.
    I don't have and have no interest in getting either the Spooky stuff or Baatu packs. Not my cup of tea and no useful build or clothing items.
    I've never done Serial Romantic or either of the Deviance aspirations. Not my cup of tea. (My Sims are all faithful good people. I consider being a "straight arrow" to be an admirable thing and I don't want my Sims even to be lacking something I would admire. But when I say "straight arrow", it has *nothing* to do with gender or sexual interest. I've had plenty of gay Sims.) My Sims have not had any criminal jobs either. And if I had my way, they wouldn't do mischief either. (I don't know why they would have to have "mischief" in order to get a science or computer degree. I find that annoying!)
    I've never played on the shortest lifespan. I'm doing a "legacy" right now on "normal" and finding it frustrating that they can't get all the skills I want them to have in the length of time they live. I generally play on "long."
    I have never played a large family. My Sims usually have just one child but then "foster" a child who grows up to be the spouse of the main child. No "100 baby challenge" for me! I did end up with triplets once. I hated working with that family. I was so glad when they grew up and I could move some of them away.
    There are some careers I haven't done that I might do sometime: Education, Law, Military, Politician, Diver, Fisherman. But there are some I have no interest in: babysitter, barista, fast food employee, lifeguard, manual laborer and retail employee.
    I've barely done anything with pets. I think I've only had one Sim (in TS4) who had a cat. (I used to have pets in TS1, TS2 and TS3 though.) But in my regular families I don't bother with them. So no "vet" career or aspiration either. (I haven't seen a "vet" career though. At least not that ever showed up in my Sim's lists.)
    I've never played a family living in Oasis Springs, Magnolia Promenade, Forgotten Hollow, Brindleton Bay, Del Sol Valley, Glimmer Brook or Britechester, although I've had venues in all of them except Forgotten Hollow. (The *only* reason I bought Vampires is for the clothes and buy/build items. The world is too dark and I don't like vampires in the game.)
    I've never played a Sim from the Gallery. (Although I've used many a house, although I always "renovate" them to my tastes. Mostly I build my own.)
    I've never entered a contest on TS4. I prefer to stay as far away from "competition" as possible. I prefer cooperation.
    I have a very limited set of traits that I'm willing to use. I don't use most of them. (I've done good, genius, creative, athletic, perfectionist, the eco ones and a couple of others. But most I'm not interested in playing.)
    My Sim kids don't do the after school activities. They're too interested in homework, skillbuilding and improving things like emotional control, manners, etc.
    The only "skill" my Sims haven't done is bowling. Not my cup of tea. (And veterinarian or pet training they haven't done, although I might try that sometime.) And they do "mischief" only accidentally (or because University requires it.) They've not gotten beyond 2 on Vampire lore (and only that much because they get the whim to "research Vampires on the computer." I've never bought any of the "vampire tomes" for them.)