Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Little Lumberjacks - My variation on 100 baby challenge.

2...Next

Comments

• Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    Zora1327 wrote: »

Glad to see you can see the kids' grades now, but now you can't potty train? It must be really stressful to play the sims 4 in this state. :( Just wondering, what does it look like when you try to potty train using an adult? And is anything else broken?

In my old 100 baby challenge, one of my boys were named Caron and one of my girls were named Kailani. In the new one, my third child (and girl) is named Chrysanthemum. Only hard "c" names I had in my challenges so far, XD. I am thinking about using a boy name, Kale, for my "k" child (since my matriarch is having twin boys). It's short for Kalen or Kayle, I guess. Although Kailani and Kale are "k" names, sooo.... I'm rambling, aren't I? XD
    Anyway, here are some boy names: Callum, Craig, Cash (one of my old matriarch's baby daddies, lol), Colin, Connor, Keenan, Keeran, Killian
    Girl names: Carlina, Catherine/Katherine, Chrisanta (variation of Chrysanthemum), Kathryn, Katharine, Caralyn, Cora

Yeah anything with a pop up selection is broken, so bathing kids (but fortunately i can do this when they get low hygiene by having theadult click "check toddler" as they'll do it on their own then). Cooking. Going to hospital (I can send the sim alone but can't join them), travelling off the lot, ordering gifts, hiring services, and family trees, all broken anythinng you'd select another sim/item from a pop up menu)

I'll take a screen cap next time but basically I get a giant bright purple dot covering up the screen instead of a menu.

Thanks for the names!!!!

Hmm, what are you planning to do about the problem? And are you able to click on anything once the giant dot appears?

You're welcome! :)

I can't click on anything in the menu as the menu doesn't show up, but I can play as normal with the dot on the screen blocking part of it. I can't do anything about it I don't think until I get a new computer, but I can't afford that right now haha. So I just make do with the dot as best I can :)

Haha, okay! Well, looking forward to your next update! ;)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    @Zora1327

In case you are curious, this is how my menus and tabs look haha

jybMz2B.jpg
    8jCB3hk.jpg
    2fqU17a.jpg

The purple dot is the pop up menu... nothing is clickable.

But I can see skills and now grades, just can't see the responsibity/manners type thing so Im having to skip that step

Can't potty train so tots will have to be independent... oh well haha
    I can do most other stuff. But can't quick except the "serve dinne" options so i can pick one of 5 or 6 choices, not the full list and can't travel or have others join at hospital
    Also can't buy/order stuff... one of my kids was sick and I can't get medicine so he had to tough it out.

And update

Calvin, Clara & Carter became teens!
    Cayden and Calla became kids
    Baby Christopher was born
    It's a full house until I can move out the teens!
    edited September 2020
    @Zora1327

jybMz2B.jpg
    8jCB3hk.jpg
    2fqU17a.jpg

But I can see skills and now grades, just can't see the responsibity/manners type thing so Im having to skip that step

I can do most other stuff. But can't quick except the "serve dinne" options so i can pick one of 5 or 6 choices, not the full list and can't travel or have others join at hospital
    Also can't buy/order stuff... one of my kids was sick and I can't get medicine so he had to tough it out.

And update

Oof, okay! I guess I can kind of see something beyond that mess of a menu but everywhere else is just broken... ):
    Oh, also are you able to view the ages and/or see the calendar?

Cool!
    edited September 2020
    @Zora1327

jybMz2B.jpg
    8jCB3hk.jpg
    2fqU17a.jpg

And update

Oof, okay! I guess I can kind of see something beyond that mess of a menu but everywhere else is just broken... ):

Cool!

you can see beyond the menu a bit but you can't click on anything. The first one where it shows both toddlers in the menu, it opens up that far about 5% of the time, but I can't click on either toddler. Most of the time it appears like the screenshot in row 2, a weird yellow rectangle and a purple dot.

I can see the calender no problem haha, but not how old they are. Which is fine with the calender at least I see when bdays are.

I use the cheat menu to age them up when they are ready since I can't bake cakes. (Cuz cakes are on that cooking menu i can't open haha)

And the "responsiblities" thing I can see the words but it doesn't tell me how many points they actually have in either direction, the indicators are gone.

Their school menu is a mess but i CAN see it.

Family trees cannot be opened

But the skills/needs/inventory tabs work fine haha! Thankfully for that, not sure how I'd play if they didn't
    @Zora1327

jybMz2B.jpg
    8jCB3hk.jpg
    2fqU17a.jpg

And update

Cool!

you can see beyond the menu a bit but you can't click on anything. The first one where it shows both toddlers in the menu, it opens up that far about 5% of the time, but I can't click on either toddler. Most of the time it appears like the screenshot in row 2, a weird yellow rectangle and a purple dot.

I can see the calender no problem haha, but not how old they are. Which is fine with the calender at least I see when bdays are.

I use the cheat menu to age them up when they are ready since I can't bake cakes. (Cuz cakes are on that cooking menu i can't open haha)

And the "responsiblities" thing I can see the words but it doesn't tell me how many points they actually have in either direction, the indicators are gone.

Their school menu is a mess but i CAN see it.

Family trees cannot be opened

But the skills/needs/inventory tabs work fine haha! Thankfully for that, not sure how I'd play if they didn't

Okay, then, haha!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @SimAlexandria Do you use any mods at all? I had the same thing following the early September patch and it was just the UI cheats extension mod not agreeing with the update, so if you have any script mods, try taking them out/updating them.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria Do you use any mods at all? I had the same thing following the early September patch and it was just the UI cheats extension mod not agreeing with the update, so if you have any script mods, try taking them out/updating them.

I'm sure she is using some mods since her sims can age while pregnant so that her matriarch won't be too far behind her husband when it comes to age. I'm guessing she is using MCCC to do so.

Thank-you! I don't have many mods, and MCCC is up to date but I DO Have UI cheats installed too and haven't updated it in AGES when I come to think of that. I'll try that!!

It worked!!! Thank-you sooooo much!! At least as far as being able to see the responsiblity stuff and family trees etc! I'm assuming the rest will work too but didn't get a chance to try yet, tysm! I haven't had any kids move out yet so I can make sure they have those traits from the start :D