Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims Story so far ... Updated. I MAY have done something stupid!

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
Bailey Fraser is a conservationist and archeologist. She was the first Sim this game, exploring Sulani and Selvadorada as a single adventurer. Bailey had cause to rescue a man from Key Point beach who was stupidly out in a Monsoon storm without shelter. Naturally, Bailey offered the stranger a place to dry out and sleep for the night; a camp bed in her living room. One night, became a week, then two, then longer. One thing lead to another and it wasn’t until they were, um, intimately involved that Bailey discovered that Darin is an alien. Specifically a Sixamite. :*

After doing Odd Jobs in his new island home, Darin got the necessary reference to work for a laboratory on the mainland. He has to be careful that none of his colleagues find out about his true origins. Especially the alien obsessed Bonnie Sheffield. Meanwhile Bailey, having cleaned up the island/s, has entered a more activist/political part of her conservation career. The couple have moved to Evergreen Harbour. Darin is closer to work and Bailey wants to make her stamp here. o:)

What Darin didn’t explain to Bailey is that he ran away from Sixam to escape an arranged marriage. Enter Kailee Zaragoza. Kailee and Darin have known each other from a young age. Darin was unimpressed with his elders plans and attempts to “control everything about” his life. Kailee accepts the status quo of her culture and community. She has also had a little bit of a soft spot for Darin. She has come to Sulani to find Darin. Kailee quickly interviews as many locals as she can, including a few former neighbours and good friends of Darin and Bailey. They are only too happy to tell her exactly where Darin has gone.

One night (night on the town BTW), Darin is taking Bailey for a quick date/drink at the local bar (the one that came with EL). There in the bar is Kailee... :o {perhaps sooner than I had planned...}
Post edited by NRowe on

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited October 2020
    I haven’t set their relationship in game, technically Darin and a Kailee do not know each other. I am contemplating using MCCC to change this. Advise on what levels to use appreciated.

UPDATE: (Obviously I was mid-game when I first posted).
    I set the relationship to basic Friends but “It’s awkward” romantic. This seems to have given Darin and Kailee status as exes of sorts. Then I discovered MCCC Control will allow me to do some interactions from Kailee. Therefore I had Kailee compliment Darin’s appearance (flirtatiously/romantic interaction). After all, I figure Kailee does not quite understand or accept Darin’s rejection of their arranged relationship.
    Naturally this did not go down well with Bailey, who immediately got a strong Sad moodlet from a straying love. Darin was embarrassed. The whole time, a fairly crowded bar is watching.

Eventually I end the date early on bronze. At home, Bailey goes and cares for some needs and goes to sleep. Darin gets leftovers, cause he’s hungry (and for some reason, now bored?). I have him nap on the bed beside Bailey rather than get in at first.
    The next morning, Bailey commiserates to her faithful dog and takes him on a jog. Darin (ever the goofball) is now feeling playful. He goes gets a needful haircut (thanks SimRealist for Organic). When Bailey comes to yell at him some more, he tries to explain again, but not having much luck.

That’s where I’ve left it at the moment. Darin is in the metaphorical doghouse. Kailee may or may not understand. I’m thinking of having her move in as a roommate with Darin’s coworker (Bonnie, mentioned above)...
    I want the Double Life aspiration and Darin had his cover blown.

Post edited by NRowe on
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I’m loving the story. Poor Bailey, falling for a guy with too many issues.
    Will Darin ever accept his life in Sixam? Or are you planning for him to always be the black sheep of the family? Will Kailee eventually convince him? 😮 so much scandal here...... give me more!!!
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Great storyline! Are you writing any fiction? If not, you ought to.
    Thanks @clover24. I know the way I want it to go, but won’t say right here. I would <3 to know what others would do or want to see.

Thank you @Jasonschick80. It is one of my RL aspirations to write, someday. I have started a couple of Sim blogs before. This current game is not (yet) a story. I really want to get past my wall and into a third generation and sometimes the pressure of writing interferes with the playing. I can look at some more informal way to update if people are interested (like clover).
    edited October 2020
    UPDATE: Bailey was upset with Darin for days. Kailee rang Darin to come around and she did pop by for a brief visit. Just talk, Bailey was even there, though she half concentrated on work on her computer.
    Anyway. The moodlets eventually wore off and Darin slowly, slowly convinced Bailey his affections were where they had been all along -with her. The two just finished a make up woo hoo session and had fallen asleep when Darin got up. He has gone to investigate the weird lights.

Seems Kailee has told Sixam exactly where to find him?! I also have MCCC in my game, so I am desperately hoping that Bailey and Darin are not pregnant at the same time! Chances are low, but absolute chaos may ensue. :#
    edited October 2020
    UH-OH! :o Bailey at least is pregnant. She has the Throw up option on the toilet.

Whew! Darin is NOT experiencing sudden weight gain or expecting a Sixamite baby (at least, he’s not carrying one himself :D ).
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    edited October 2020
    NRowe wrote: »
    Seems Kailee has told Sixam exactly where to find him?! I also have MCCC in my game, so I am desperately hoping that Bailey and Darin are not pregnant at the same time! Chances are low, but absolute chaos may ensue. :#

I'm loving your story! I don't have MCCC, yet one of my households had both parents pregnant at the same time, mom from Try for Baby and Dad was an alien who was abducted.

Sounds like you'll only have one pregnancy right now.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You are having me re-thinking getting MCCC. Where do I find this Mod?
    edited October 2020
    @catmando830 deaderpools site is here https://deaderpool-mccc.com/

There is a thread in the mods discussion dedicated to MCCC and an uber helpful discord channel.
    I use it primarily to set custom age spans. But there are options for cleaning things up, stopping annoying autonomous behaviour, allowing NPCs to marry and have children and of course the risky WooHoo (which allows a custom chance of pregnancy from regular WooHoo, not try for baby).