Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken family tree issue

Can I possibly get some help with my sims family tree and relationship? For some reason my sims daughter is showing up as a step daughter to her actual father and I'm not sure why and also their relationship doesn't show him as the father in the family tree either...
Ds7QqbC.png
Connor is the real father of Nicole. He's the only sim that my sim has woohoo'ed with ever. I don't know what went wrong here but is there anyway to fix the relationship maybe with a mod or something?

I will really appreciate any help, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    NRaas MasterController has the commands required to fix that (MC Cheats add-on module required). The commands go NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Family > Add/Remove (Parent, Sibling, Child) and then you are prompted for the identity of the second sim you are trying to relate the first one to.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    NRaas MasterController has the commands required to fix that (MC Cheats add-on module required). The commands go NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Family > Add/Remove (Parent, Sibling, Child) and then you are prompted for the identity of the second sim you are trying to relate the first one to.

Thank you so very much. <3
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Right now your game is thinking that the mother is the only one that has genetic ties. You have to link both parents for the child to be considered both their genetic offspring. Hence the reason the daughter is showing up as a "step-daughter".
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Right now your game is thinking that the mother is the only one that has genetic ties. You have to link both parents for the child to be considered both their genetic offspring. Hence the reason the daughter is showing up as a "step-daughter".

I don’t really understand how the relationship got broken. I’ve fixed it now though thanks to @igazor and the MC mod.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I don’t really understand how the relationship got broken. I’ve fixed it now though thanks to @igazor and the MC mod.

Before I started to add mods to my game in 2014/15 I had stopped playing families altogether because the family tree always broke and I'd have toddlers who were not even in the family and the relationship with their parents was Stranger. So after repeated disasters with the family trees I started making groups of 8 sims with different traits and putting them together in a big house and see what happened. It was always very entertaining and I ended up with lots of interesting sims with lots of skills to add to my new games as townies or even to add as part of currently played households.

Then after adding my mods and fixing the family trees I've found myself doing all sorts of things to my sims. If I have 2 versions of the same sim I either make them siblings with one getting a slight makeover. Or on occasion I've made them cousins by adding an extra 6 sims. The extra sims are the parents of each of the two sims. One of each set of parents are siblings. Then I add the grandparents who are the parents of the siblings. If they are all ghosts I don't need to play them their tombstones just go into the mausoleum. That's all a bit complicated. I'll go now and do something else so as not to confuse you too much.

Main thing is you solved your problem and are enjoying the game.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    Really, this is unusual? I dunno, the TS3 game I'm playing has a reputation for having things like family trees fall apart every time the player sneezes hard (and in this neck of the woods it is actually allergy season for many of us). So what game is everyone else here playing? :)

But seriously, I think this kind of thing is to be expected, and that's partly why the MC commands exist and are as easy to use as they are. Glad that's being helpful.

I never experienced family trees falling apart first-hand myself though, maybe one time with a sim who was actually supposed to only be a step to one parent because they were a Science Center clone of the other. Certainly I got the age randomization from throwing sims into CAS that everyone "loves" so much. But to be fair in my earlier non-mod (or non-NRaas) days, most of the sims I played were single or recently partnered with no or not very many kids yet.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    My Sims' family tree broke on vacation....
    Be safe.