Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling Plumbots

So my sim is self employed as a bot builder, and I wanted to have her start selling plumbots to make more money. However, when I made a bot, whenever I tried to sell it at the bot emporium, it never gave me the option. The only choices I had was inspect a bot that's for sale or purchase a bot. I eventually realized that if I have two bots in my family, I can sell one, but not both. Is this normal? Do I have to own a bot in order to sell bots? Or is this a glitch?
PromSig.png
Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2020
    Is the plumbot with you? Your plumbot has to be on the bot emporium lot with you at the time that you click on the display.

I've never tried selling my plumbot because mainly he comes in handy for using Lord Vladimir's Enchanted Cauldron to conjure gemstones. Evidently plumbots can't get tired using the cauldron like sims can.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    Is the plumbot with you? Your plumbot has to be on the bot emporium lot with you at the time that you click on the display.

I've never tried selling my plumbot because mainly he comes in handy for using Lord Vladimir's Enchanted Cauldron to conjure gemstones. Evidently plumbots can't get tired using the cauldron like sims can.

That's the thing...whether or not my plumbot is on the lot it will not allow me to sell it.
    The only way i can sell a plumbot, is if i own at least two. One to keep with me and one I can sell. I can make six plumbots but I could only sell five of them. I must have at least one plumbot remain in my family, because it won't let me get rid of them all.
    PromSig.png
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    AnnaLoo91 wrote: »
    So my sim is self employed as a bot builder, and I wanted to have her start selling plumbots to make more money. However, when I made a bot, whenever I tried to sell it at the bot emporium, it never gave me the option. The only choices I had was inspect a bot that's for sale or purchase a bot. I eventually realized that if I have two bots in my family, I can sell one, but not both. Is this normal? Do I have to own a bot in order to sell bots? Or is this a glitch?
    Not sure it helps, but this is the way plumbot selling functions for me as well. If you only have one bot in the household you can’t sell them, but if you have two or more you can sell as many as you want—until you are back down to one.

I had also tried placing a bot display on my own lot and it worked the same way.

I can’t say whether or not it’s normal because I haven’t done any real testing without mods, but that may be the case.
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    Not sure it helps, but this is the way plumbot selling functions for me as well. If you only have one bot in the household you can’t sell them, but if you have two or more you can sell as many as you want—until you are back down to one.

I had also tried placing a bot display on my own lot and it worked the same way.

I can’t say whether or not it’s normal because I haven’t done any real testing without mods, but that may be the case.
    Thank you, you helped me a lot. That may just be how it works then. That's fine, I've gotten a bit attached to my plumbot now anyway lol. :D
    PromSig.png
    edited October 2020
    @starguru - so...if you make only one you're basically stuck with it. In other-words...it's a perma-bot. :mrgreen: You have to keep one of them. So if you make two, you can sell one or the other of them... if I'm reading you correctly.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @starguru - so...if you make only one you're basically stuck with it. In other-words...it's a perma-bot. :mrgreen: You have to keep one of them. So if you make two, you can sell one or the other of them... if I'm reading you correctly.
    Well, I wouldn’t say you’re necessarily stuck with them, since you can move them out. That’s what I did with mine, although I made a Plumbot partner for him first so he wouldn’t be lonely. :lol:

But yup, you understood correctly. There’s no option to sell the first Plumbot until you’ve created a second one; then the option to sell will appear. But after you sell either one, the option to sell won’t appear again until you’ve made more. I haven’t tested this in an unmodded game though, so IDK if this is a side effect of something else or if it is working as intended.

But if this is how it was meant to be, maybe that’s their ploy to get you to make several of them so they can take over the world! :p

AnnaLoo91 wrote: »
    Thank you, you helped me a lot. That may just be how it works then. That's fine, I've gotten a bit attached to my plumbot now anyway lol. :D

@AnnaLoo91 You're welcome!

But you see, @Nikkei_Simmer? That's how they get you! :o:lol:

edited October 2020
    Yup... @starguru, I make mine work for his room and board. :D "Make me some rainbow gems..."
    CCqVXnPWgAAt_f9.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've had sims make Plumbots to sell, and they were always able to sell all of them. However, once I had one of them make a plumbot with sentience, I had her keep that one. So I don't know if she would have been able to sell that one, as I never tried. Is it possible the game simply won't let you sell a sentient plumbot, unless you have more than one of them? Were the ones you guys were trying to sell sentient?
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I've had sims make Plumbots to sell, and they were always able to sell all of them. However, once I had one of them make a plumbot with sentience, I had her keep that one. So I don't know if she would have been able to sell that one, as I never tried. Is it possible the game simply won't let you sell a sentient plumbot, unless you have more than one of them? Were the ones you guys were trying to sell sentient?

For me, the sell option was never there with only one Plumbot, sentient or not. I could sell sentient bots if I had two or more bots, but I couldn't sell even non-sentient bots if I only had one.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    OK, long before I bought ITF, I started using mods. Now I'm wondering if some NRaas mod could be what made it possible for me to sell all plumbots. Maybe @igazor would know.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    OK, long before I bought ITF, I started using mods. Now I'm wondering if some NRaas mod could be what made it possible for me to sell all plumbots. Maybe @igazor would know.
    I'm afraid that plumbots are a life state that presents a pretty huge gap in my knowledge of how things can/are meant to work. I've not even really played with any of them, except for messing around a little bit on the side. Overwatch seems like it would be the most likely contender, but I don't see anything directly related in the post-ITF release notes.

Perhaps a post at NRaas would kick up a better informed answer.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net