Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What future packs would you like to see in ts4?

Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
Batuu was a bit of a flop. My first pet stuff was a flop and Get to work was a bit of a flop.

What packs would you like to see in the future?

I would love to see a music pack because my sims often have one of their hobbies as music and I think that skill could be taken further with like, say music concerts. I don't think there would be enough to work with to make it a game pack or an expansion, so it would be a stuff pack.

An education pack would also be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work with the like following your sims to school like in get to work you follow them to work.

after school activities pack? I think (correct me if I am wrong) the only 'after school careers' are scouts (seasons) and drama class (get famous) it would be cool to see some activities like;
Basketball/ Netball/ Soccer/ Tennis/ you get the idea clubs
Arts and Crafts club
Gaming club

Politics game pack where you could be a politician ( I know this comes with city living) and your sims could elect the governments and the governments could have different polices and if your sims became prime minister or something like that they could change the polices?

Electronics game pack stuff pack where there could be an app store on the ipad or computer?

Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    As far as what was a "flop", it actually can be deceiving. I know that My First Pet was actually a top seller for Stuff Packs. I don't think Get To Work actually did badly either, as far as I remember. And no one has any idea how Star Wars actually did. Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Packs I'd like to see in the future (not necessarily in order):

A pirate seafaring adventure
    Superheroes and Villains
    Werewolves
    Fairy Tales
    Romance and dating
    Apocalypse
    Happy Haunts
    #Team Occult
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    Depends who you’re asking. First pet wasn’t well received but apparently wasn’t a “flop” as it sold well. (Source : https://simsvip.com/2018/05/16/despite-community-sentiment-the-sims-4-my-first-pet-stuff-sold-well/)

Get to work? I don’t know how well received that went but I don’t consider it a flop as it’s one of my favorite expansions packs (even though there can be improvements in it)

Batuu was badly received. worse then I’ve ever seen & rightfully so but there are those that are enjoying it. As for sales, we probably won’t hear about it anytime soon.

As for what I would like to see in the sims 4 is gameplay depth & bug fixes . That’s my main concern before they release any new packs. with every pack comes bugs & they have yet to fully fix many of the bugs that were brought with eco living , the windows update , gardening etc. without those fixes it makes my game unplayable. Gameplay depth is very lacking & despite all the packs I own it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s shallow at its core. I would also like for them to improve & update existing worlds (Sulani with underwater lots, more water activities to do. Sims 2 & 3 both had amazing interactions you can do compare to sims 4. Sims 4 island living is very lackluster ( here’s a comparison video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6YW96ToIY

Get to work could use improvement in the doctor career by adding more nurses & actually have them work instead of being on their phone and slacking off, add more to aliens & improve that sad place called Sixam. I would also like for them to add more professions as it’s a ripe off compare to sims 3 ambitions ( here’s another comparison that shows how much more we got for our bucks back in the day:
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Comparison_between_work_themed_expansions
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    The only pack I'm longing for is a music pack. I want it to include saxophones and drums, and I want the ability to create all kinds of musical groups, from a capella choirs to symphonies to punk rock trios. I also want it to include the ability for Sims to dance to classical and jazz music. Well, while I'm dreaming, I would love it to be a big pack and include all kinds of dance. I'd love to see couples slow dancing and Sims ballet dancing. They could do jazz dance and belly dance too. Plus it will include a world with fourteen lots of all sizes. :smiley:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    1. An Into the Past pack where Sims get to travel to the stone age, the dinosaur age, and the bronze age. Supernatural potential: Werewolves
    2. An Atlantis pack with underwater zombies and lots that you can build completely underwater. I wouldn't mind having Steampunk style with this and water theme style.
    3. A rock band/broadway show pack with musical instruments and couple and group dancing and singing and playing in a band together. Supernatural potential: Genies.
    4. Farm Pack with farm animals such as llamas and unicorns and horses and chickens.
    5. Back to School pack with the return of imaginary friends. Kids get to go to school with preschool, grade school, high school, home school, and military school. Option to go on camp field trips too and proms.
    6. Superhero pack. I think it would be a creative way to represent disabilities. Sims could have X-ray vision, rocket wheelchairs, flame thrower canes, prosthetic legs and arms with cool tech kind of like Inspector Gadget, chest plate like Iron Man, sonar ability, telepathy, etc. I guess the feel of the pack would be related to this article: https://folks.pillpack.com/why-the-world-needs-more-disabled-superheroes/ Basically a way for more representation in the game and comics with the superheroes are one way that has been done.
    7. This was an idea from Koffee. Basically she wanted a wedding pack for different cultures. I think it would be a nice way to get more romantic interaction in the game.
    8. RV pack, which would require a car patch. Travel the world with an RV you can drive around. Would make fun use of Tiny Living and would be neat to make a retirement community. It would be fun to bring back the gardening gnomes from the Sims 1 with it and make flamingos help with fishing. Could bring back mini golf with it too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I would love to see a music pack because my sims often have one of their hobbies as music and I think that skill could be taken further with like, say music concerts. I don't think there would be enough to work with to make it a game pack or an expansion, so it would be a stuff pack.

A music pack is somewhere at the top of my list. Putting it in a stuff pack because there’s not enough to work with? Yikes! :#
    My idea of a music pack is EP worthy (Probably 2) and it includes options to create bands, musical ensembles, choirs, perform gigs. It would also add more music instruments and skills (where are me drums?!). Going to a concert or playing at one should be a new experience (combination of TS3 Late Night and Showtime perhaps?). Get famous will finally make sense to me if I can play with my talented but incredibly arrogant Rockstar! 🎸

Other than that...plenty of occult stuff: everything that has been mentioned already in this thread. Also worlds without modern background buildings or just no buildings at all. If we’re not getting a CAW tool I need them with lots of empty lots. And underwater worlds with empty lots. And cars. Horses and Unibeasts too. But I don’t want them to spawn everywhere like Judith Ward. Oh no.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited September 2020
    Batuu was a bit of a flop. My first pet stuff was a flop and Get to work was a bit of a flop.

What packs would you like to see in the future?

An education pack would also be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work with the like following your sims to school like in get to work you follow them to work.

after school activities pack? I think (correct me if I am wrong) the only 'after school careers' are scouts (seasons) and drama class (get famous) it would be cool to see some activities like;
    Basketball/ Netball/ Soccer/ Tennis/ you get the idea clubs
    Arts and Crafts club
    Gaming club

Politics game pack where you could be a politician ( I know this comes with city living) and your sims could elect the governments and the governments could have different polices and if your sims became prime minister or something like that they could change the polices?

Electronics game pack stuff pack where there could be an app store on the ipad or computer?

I love your ideas of a music pack, an education pack and a politics pack. I'ld also want a real estate pack with the ability to own and run hotels and multiple houses. And i wish sims 4 don't end without werewolves and horses... :)

Imo get to work wasn't a flop. I love the retail system, that accepts any product to be sold, and the active professions.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    A Generations pack for sure that adds so many things to do for every life stage!

Reducing teen height slightly (there is a mod for this and it works perfectly) and pretty much everything that was in the ts3 version.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    As far as what was a "flop", it actually can be deceiving. I know that My First Pet was actually a top seller for Stuff Packs. I don't think Get To Work actually did badly either, as far as I remember. And no one has any idea how Star Wars actually did. Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Superheroes and Villains
    Werewolves
    Fairy Tales
    Romance and dating
    Apocalypse
    Happy Haunts

That. Also a medieval pack.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

Superheroes and Villains
    Werewolves
    Fairy Tales
    Romance and dating
    Apocalypse
    Happy Haunts

That. Also a medieval pack.

Oh my, of course! I'd like a fantasy Medieval pack with dragons!
    #Team Occult
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    1. A pack with a grassland/Savannah look and African inspired build/buy
    2. Drums and marimba bands and world instruments (sitar, digerydoo, panpipes, saxophones)
    3. Better dancing and slow dancing
    4. Bipolar needs meters (can be too full or too hungry, too lethargic, too oversocialized, dehydrated, etc)
    5. More tattoos, body hair, wrinkles
    6. Landline phones (as decor pieces)
    7. A printing press, publish your own newspaper
    8. Non-binary pronouns
    9. Split-level entry homes. Sunken family rooms
    10. Round walls - even if we can't decorate them!
    11. And a ton more moustaches and beards!
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited September 2020
    Justin wrote: »
    Depends who you’re asking. First pet wasn’t well received but apparently wasn’t a “flop” as it sold well. (Source : https://simsvip.com/2018/05/16/despite-community-sentiment-the-sims-4-my-first-pet-stuff-sold-well/)

Get to work? I don’t know how well received that went but I don’t consider it a flop as it’s one of my favorite expansions packs (even though there can be improvements in it)

Batuu was badly received. worse then I’ve ever seen & rightfully so but there are those that are enjoying it. As for sales, we probably won’t hear about it anytime soon.

As for what I would like to see in the sims 4 is gameplay depth & bug fixes . That’s my main concern before they release any new packs. with every pack comes bugs & they have yet to fully fix many of the bugs that were brought with eco living , the windows update , gardening etc. without those fixes it makes my game unplayable. Gameplay depth is very lacking & despite all the packs I own it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s shallow at its core. I would also like for them to improve & update existing worlds (Sulani with underwater lots, more water activities to do. Sims 2 & 3 both had amazing interactions you can do compare to sims 4. Sims 4 island living is very lackluster ( here’s a comparison video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6YW96ToIY

Get to work could use improvement in the doctor career by adding more nurses & actually have them work instead of being on their phone and slacking off, add more to aliens & improve that sad place called Sixam. I would also like for them to add more professions as it’s a ripe off compare to sims 3 ambitions ( here’s another comparison that shows how much more we got for our bucks back in the day:

I would also say just because something sells well doesn't mean it was well-received either. I always feel like EA only cares about how many copies they sell instead of how many people were actually satisfied with the pack and the gameplay. I mean I've bought almost all the packs besides two and I don't think all of them are great. That's what reviews are for and feedback and if the feedback and reviews are split or mostly negative than I would say that the pack was a flop no matter how many copies it sold.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    1. A pack with a grassland/Savannah look and African inspired build/buy
    2. Drums and marimba bands and world instruments (sitar, digerydoo, panpipes, saxophones)
    3. Better dancing and slow dancing
    4. Bipolar needs meters (can be too full or too hungry, too lethargic, too oversocialized, dehydrated, etc)
    5. More tattoos, body hair, wrinkles
    6. Landline phones (as decor pieces)
    7. A printing press, publish your own newspaper
    8. Non-binary pronouns
    9. Split-level entry homes. Sunken family rooms
    10. Round walls - even if we can't decorate them!

I love your ideas too. A world music pack would be amazing. Hopefully could include an ocarina too. Basically I want something not so hollywood wise for a music pack, so I like your idea of a music pack much better than mine. Why I love forums with bouncing off ideas with other Simmers. That needs meter sounds interesting, maybe not that name since my sister has that, but I like the idea of it. I wouldn't mind landline phones as a gameplay option too for storytelling. A printing press would be amazing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Justin wrote: »

I would also say just because something sells well doesn't mean it was well-received either. I always feel like EA only cares about how many copies they sell instead of how many people were actually satisfied with the pack and the gameplay. I mean I've bought almost all the packs besides two and I don't think all of them are great. That's what reviews are for and feedback and if the feedback and reviews are split or mostly negative than I would say that the pack was a flop no matter how many copies it sold.

& as long as they’re making profit from these packs they don’t care about the feedback from the player base which is why we were told not to have any expectations on future packs as they are not going to deliver what most of the fan base has been wanting since the start.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I would also love a music pack. I am hoping for bands, more music genres and instruments e.g. upright piano, lute, harp etc.

Other packs on my wish list:
    Werewolves
    Romance
    Generations
    Horses
    Hotels/vacation
    Hobbies
    Cars/transport
    Fairies
    Historical/medieval
    Scobre wrote: »
    That needs meter sounds interesting, maybe not that name since my sister has that, but I like the idea of it.

Bidirectional needs meter?