Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NAP help please

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
I think most of us are familiar with the complaints and problems of Sharing is Caring, Foodies Unite and other Neighbourhood Action Plans.
I have read that by turning off NPC voting players can regain control over what NAPs are implemented.
I have just purchased EcoLifestyle.
One of my current Sims is a Scientist. Therefore he travels off lot to attend work...

While my Sim was at work at the lab, I got a notification that “Voting has closed” and “Sharing is Caring received the most votes and will be enacted immediately”.
Upon returning home, I had him check the local community board which, strangely, reassures me that “No NAPs are in... let’s get voting”.
NPC voting is most definitely disabled via Game Options and was since Ioading the game upon installation of the expansion.
Because he received the notification at work, is Sharing is Caring somehow enabled in that ‘neighbourhood’ even without a board?? Was the notification probably in error?? I don’t quite understand what is happening and hope someone can help, thanks.

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I believe I read that you will still get the notification, but no NAP will be active. If you turn on testingcheats and shift-click his mailbox or maybe even the voting board, do you have an option to insta-repeal anything? If not, you should be safe.

I would just cheat 4 safe NAP's to be sure, to be honest. I usually pick Green Gardening, Upcycling, Eco-friendly and Self-sufficiency. As far as I know, there is no autonomous behaviour connected to those.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Kathykin’s is right, even if the NAPS are off, you will get the notification but nothing NAP related will happen.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks Kathykins and Pamtastic. That’s good. B)
    Can someone tell me if NAPs are applicable in neighbourhoods with no community boards? Cheers.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    I think most of us are familiar with the complaints and problems of Sharing is Caring, Foodies Unite and other Neighbourhood Action Plans.
    I have read that by turning off NPC voting players can regain control over what NAPs are implemented.
    I have just purchased EcoLifestyle.
    One of my current Sims is a Scientist. Therefore he travels off lot to attend work...

While my Sim was at work at the lab, I got a notification that “Voting has closed” and “Sharing is Caring received the most votes and will be enacted immediately”.
    Upon returning home, I had him check the local community board which, strangely, reassures me that “No NAPs are in... let’s get voting”.
    NPC voting is most definitely disabled via Game Options and was since Ioading the game upon installation of the expansion.
    Because he received the notification at work, is Sharing is Caring somehow enabled in that ‘neighbourhood’ even without a board?? Was the notification probably in error?? I don’t quite understand what is happening and hope someone can help, thanks.

You will still get the notifications. You can click on the mailbox to make sure no neighborhood action plans have been enacted. I am pretty sure the notifications always apply to the sims home area, not his work area. I hope that helps!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    In all honesty there is one NAP that is both good AND broken, allowing player to get so many votes it is not even funny - Self-Sufficiency. This plus decently sized garden and you will be pushing any NAPs you want in matter of days. So I would say it is a question of getting good NAPs and preventing bad ones AKA gameplay. In addition, this is why fences and Private Dwelling trait are there. And people are saying that Sims 4 is not deep...
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if NAPs are applicable in neighbourhoods with no community boards? Cheers.

they are, each neighborhood will have NAPs except for strangerville, the magic realm and all destination worlds.
    if you started the game with NPC voting off it shouldn't be a problem though.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat