Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments in the Eco living worlds

Hi,

can anyone tell me if we can bulldoze the apartments in the eco living worlds and replace them as I went in search of gallery creations and could not find anything specific.

Does this mean we can change the rooms like we can in myshuno only and if so will someone be kind enough to explain how I add an apartment room to a building as I have never done that before. Or maybe there is some sort of cheat to change these apartments?

Any advice would be welcome thanks :)

Comments

• Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I can't answer any of your questions but it should only take a few minutes to try bulldozing a lot in a new world or right after a save.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    You can only change the interior of the apartments, just like in San Myshuno. You have to search for rooms in the gallery to find changed apartments.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/902379/tutorial-how-to-share-apartments-in-the-gallery-for-the-upcoming-city-life
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member

(Ignore this if you're already familiar with how the San Myshuno ones work - it's the same.)

You can't download entire apartments, you can only download specific rooms, so often what apartment creators will do is design their layout and then take a single wall piece out (can't recall if it needs to be in each enclosed space, or just one for the entire apartment) and then upload it to the gallery as a room. So if you search that category, maybe by address, you should hopefully find some replacements for the specific apartment you're interested in. You can just drop it in like any other room, except it fills the entire footprint of the apartment, then replace whatever bit was missing.

I do wish they'd add an apartment category.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Sketch793

The reason I did not bulldoze impulsively was in case there were building restrictions so looking at other players replies my gut feeling was right on this occasion :)

@Gagea

Thank you for the link I will read that over and see if I feel competent enough to have a go at it. Does the apartment lot from the gallery need to be the exact name for the lot/apartment that is being replaced or will any apartment fit in build mode as it downloads?

Thanks @Simpatsyann

That kind of answers my question that I asked Gagea above so I will have to research further as I am so bad at this sort of thing and it usually ends up worse than what i am trying to achieve-) when you say you would like an apartment category what difference would that make to this current system? Hopefully make it easier in some way to add apartments to lots?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Definitely don't bulldoze them, theres bugs with the apartment vanishing and breaking if you do that. The best way to change them is if you search for a room on the gallery with the name of the aparment lot and then just place it in its place. :)
    Hi @Onverser

This is one time I am so pleased I waited for further info on the subject instead of just going ahead and making a mistake lol As soon as I sort community lots out and how they work I will turn my attention back to the apartments. I have suddenly developed that bug again where sims will not cook so that's annoying me at the moment :)
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Onverser

This is one time I am so pleased I waited for further info on the subject instead of just going ahead and making a mistake lol As soon as I sort community lots out and how they work I will turn my attention back to the apartments. I have suddenly developed that bug again where sims will not cook so that's annoying me at the moment :)

Have you tried moving the counter away from the wall?

I while back, I was trying to get a Sim to cook a meal for a screenshot. She wouldn't cook until I actually moved the counter. Then, she prepped the meal from the back of the counter, go figure.

Perhaps it's a problem with a mod or cc. But if it is, I haven't been able to find the culprit.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Hi @Cynna

I tried all the usual moving everything out of the way to see if anything was in the way (as it's usually the culprit) however this time it was a mod and while I have managed to get it down to one of 5 I still have to find exactly which one it is before I can continue playing :/
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Definitely don't bulldoze them, theres bugs with the apartment vanishing and breaking if you do that. The best way to change them is if you search for a room on the gallery with the name of the aparment lot and then just place it in its place. :)

Yeah, definitely don't bulldoze them. I did that in one save and ended up with a mess.

But I have had trouble with some downloads too. Never had a problem downloading San Myshuno apartments, but the harbour ones don't seem as stable. Some downloads work fine and some don't, or maybe it's something the creator has done, I don't know. I would just be sure to save your game before trying so that you can revert back if it doesn't go well.
    Hi @Cynna

I tried all the usual moving everything out of the way to see if anything was in the way (as it's usually the culprit) however this time it was a mod and while I have managed to get it down to one of 5 I still have to find exactly which one it is before I can continue playing :/

Cool. If you happen to find the cause, will you please consider sharing? I haven't managed to pin anything down. I gave up on the idea of taking a screenshot of a Sim preparing food as the counter is currently in the middle of the kitchen and she's using it backward.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Hi @elanorbreton

Thanks for that extra info i think I will just redecorate them for safety sake at this point.

@Cynna

I can only tell you which mod it turns out to be when I find which one it is and if that's helpful of course I don't mind sharing that info if that's what you are asking for?
    Hi @elanorbreton

Thanks for that extra info i think I will just redecorate them for safety sake at this point.

@Cynna

I can only tell you which mod it turns out to be when I find which one it is and if that's helpful of course I don't mind sharing that info if that's what you are asking for?

Yes, please. Also, thank you.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    @Cynna

Was just checking that's what you meant. I will post the offender when I know which one it is that's causing my issue.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    @SPARKY1922 - Since the footprints are static, I think it would be terrific to have a separate category where you could download complete apartment renovations sorted by address, rather than having to search the room category which is kind of a workaround anyway.

@SPARKY1922 and @Cynna - I'm not sure if it's of any use to you but my adult sims couldn't cook when I had the "kids can cook" mod in; they also couldn't garden when I had the "kids can garden" mod in. However, these seem to work okay for others.
    edited October 2020

@SPARKY1922 and @Cynna - I'm not sure if it's of any use to you but my adult sims couldn't cook when I had the "kids can cook" mod in; they also couldn't garden when I had the "kids can garden" mod in. However, these seem to work okay for others.

Thank you for the info. However, I've never used that mod.
    @Cynna

Was just checking that's what you meant. I will post the offender when I know which one it is that's causing my issue.

I appreciate it. :)

I'm not new to this particular rodeo. I've been modding my games since TS days. I know how to weed out bad or outdated mods and cc. However, I can't seem to pin down the reason why the Sims in my save suddenly prefer to prep food on the backs of the counters instead of the fronts.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Hi @Cynna

I have managed to find the mod culprit that had my sims waving their arms and refusing to cook soon as they have taken the food tray out of the Fridge and it's the Scumbumbo Team Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop mod (both versions) default disabled/default enabled and tested separately with no other mods in my mods folder. Then after some further thought I realized I had not enabled the counters for food prep which you have to do with this mod. so my own fault lol :#

@Simpatsyann

I agree it would be much better to have a separate category where you could download complete apartment renovations sorted by address it would make things so much easier.

I have just recently downloaded Realistic Kids Mods by Ferdiana is that the same mod that gave you some issues as I have not tried it yet? and don't want to add it to my mods folder only to keep having to check whats causing a glitch again lol

this is what one of the cooking skills states can do

List of this mod
    - Kids can cooking, grill, make popcorn, ice cream, coffee, make tea, and using cupcake machine
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I did not read this entire thread, but I guess you can't replace the full apartment, but would need to download rooms instead. The exterior can't be adjusted, so it might be just as quick to adjust the inner walls on your own.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    @Simmerville

your comment only makes me realize how completely rubbish I am at this sort of stuff lol I have seen fantastic apartments on the gallery for myshuno and not once have I ever dared to try replacing any of those apartments in case I inadvertently do something wrong-) so when you write about inner walls my eyes completely glace over haha
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    @Simmerville

your comment only makes me realize how completely rubbish I am at this sort of stuff lol I have seen fantastic apartments on the gallery for myshuno and not once have I ever dared to try replacing any of those apartments in case I inadvertently do something wrong-) so when you write about inner walls my eyes completely glace over haha

Oh, if there are many apartments on the gallery it should be possible grabbing them! Why don't you just test it, and simply not save your game if it goes wrong? I often test stuff in my game without saving, but I hardly use the gallery because I love to build.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    @Simmerville

All my sim playing days over a long period of time have resulted in me being in awe of any other players that can creatively build something wonderful because I am so useless at it-) so I go to great lengths to appreciate all builders/creators of any series as they truly make my own games/game-play so much better than anything I could achieve lol

I will be trying the myshuno apartments from the gallery once i have played with Eco community lots and and have got a handle on that lol
    Hi @Cynna

I have managed to find the mod culprit that had my sims waving their arms and refusing to cook soon as they have taken the food tray out of the Fridge and it's the Scumbumbo Team Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop mod (both versions) default disabled/default enabled and tested separately with no other mods in my mods folder. Then after some further thought I realized I had not enabled the counters for food prep which you have to do with this mod. so my own fault lol :#

Ahh, thanks for keeping me updated. I'm very glad that you solved your problem. :) I have that mod, too. However, the counters in my Sims kitchens are all enabled. My Sims simply seem to like cooking from the backs of the counters.

Though I don't play much in live mode these days, it still bugs me that the problem exists. I'll have to keep trying until I crack it. :D Thanks again.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg