Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get more buy wishes/whims?

SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
I'm doing a sims 3 version of my whim challenge where I only do stuff that my sim has a whim for and only buy something if she has a whim for it. It's been almost a year in game and her house is still mostly unfurnished. She's had wishes to buy basic stuff like a fridge, bed, washing machine and sometimes she wants skill related objects. But she never gets other buy wishes. I think 3 times total she got a wish to buy something 100/500 simoleons. Is there a way to trigger more of those wishes? I built a huge 2 story house and it's a little frustrating that it's still empty.
She has a horse and most of the horse training equipment, but no kitchen table.
Post edited by SeashoreLivia on

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    You can trigger wishes by doing something ... Pick a flower, read a book, paint a picture, walk to the park ... etc.
    If you don't do anything the game assumes your Sim doesn't need, want or wish for anything ... :D

Generic "buy wishes" usually come after your Sim gets some kind of payout.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    The problem is that my sim isn’t allowed to do stuff until after she gets a wish for it. My play style must be confusing to the game.

She’s had lots of promotions since she’s at level 9 of the medical career, so I’m not sure why she didn’t get more buy wishes. I think I read somewhere that nraas had a cheat to reset wishes, so I may try that once summer starts so it’s been a full year.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    It could be trait related.What are her traits?
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2020
    BlackSand wrote: »
    You can trigger wishes by doing something ... Pick a flower, read a book, paint a picture, walk to the park ... etc.
    If you don't do anything the game assumes your Sim doesn't need, want or wish for anything ... :D

Generic "buy wishes" usually come after your Sim gets some kind of payout.

Happy Simming!

This!!!

Whenever you get a decent sum of money from selling a painting or finishing a task is when they throw the buy something for XX simoleans

Best way to start a game and the reason I do is the wish fullfillment points you normally cannot get so is fun to start with nothing.

These are triggered by situations starting with nothing to your name there are a bunch to learn here are basics examples

Sim is tired/Buy a bed pops up
    Sim is smelly/Buy a shower pops up
    Sim has to pee/buy a toilet
    Sims is hungry/Buy a fridge Buy a Stove pops up
    Sim fun level low/Buy a X could be chess table,dartboard etc they choose randomly for it I believe

You have to learn the levels of happiness in each category and certain moodlets that trigger stuff.You would never see the buy a sprinkler or pool table if you always had high fun see what I mean.The factors have to be in place
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    It could be trait related.What are her traits?

Bookworm, neat, hopeless romantic, dramatic, and green thumb.

I wanted to give her the materialistic trait like in ts4, but it’s not in the game unless it’s in a pack I don’t own yet.

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    No, there's no materialistic trait in TS3.
    edited September 2020
    She just got a wish to be worth more than 500,000 and currently she's at 318,470. So I guess this means I can buy a bunch of furniture (and use motherlode to cheat some money)!
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    She just got a wish to be worth more than 500,000 and currently she's at 318,470. So I guess this means I can buy a bunch of furniture (and use motherlode to cheat some money)!

That's one way to do it I guess.

I don't know if this will help, but in TS3 someone created this http://buckeygirl80.blogspot.com/p/intro-and-rules.html[url][/url]. It may be something you'd like, though given what you've written here on this thread, it may not suit your style.

<insert inspiring comment here> :)
    MamaSimTee wrote: »

That's one way to do it I guess.

I don't know if this will help, but in TS3 someone created this http://buckeygirl80.blogspot.com/p/intro-and-rules.html[url][/url]. It may be something you'd like, though given what you've written here on this thread, it may not suit your style.
    I'm probably fulfilling that wish the wrong way, but I really want to furnish the house. I don't think my sim will ever get enough buy wishes on her own. She also owns several businesses around the town which will help her worth though.

Thanks for the link! That sounds similar to what I'm doing, except I play with autonomy off and use money cheats.
    An update!
    My sim married Connor Frio, and he gets buy wishes all the time. I guess my sim just didn’t want anything.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    Pick a snob trait

Snob is also a materialistic, you can farm lifetime happiness with a snob Sims, basically they always want to buy stuff and get potent moodlet from new object
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I think the autonomy off might be a part of the problem. My sims keep throwing all sorts of wishes but I have their autonomy on full. They just roll wish after wish constantly. I sometimes get rid of unfulfilled promised wishes because something more interesting pops up before I can fulfil the wish I promised earlier. If my sim needs money I tell them to pick a flower (for example) that is then followed by a wish to pick 5 flowers which is followed by a wish to pick 10 flowers followed by a wish to pick 20 flowers. Selling all those flowers is quite lucrative. But if you can't tell them to pick that first flower, best was I can think of that might trigger that wish would to be in a place where there are lots of wildflowers growing. But you might need to have autonomy on to make them wish to pick flowers.