Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Randomizing Drama

Does anyone use a system to randomize drama in their game (besides through mods)? I’m getting close to trying something out with dice rolls. So far I have a few ideas written down and I am interested in what other people do! Or if you have ideas, do share.

(I know that a lot of people use MCCC Story Progression, but I don’t think I want to go this route for a few reasons. I don’t want to deal with updating mods every game update. I’ve seen some results from it that are just too crazy for me. I think I read somewhere that you can adjust the settings but I don’t know if I want to use it badly enough to waste time experimenting with what it does in my game. I also don’t like having extra notifications I have to read, and I want the final veto on what might happen)

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think you're looking for Random Occurrence Scenarios! They used to be very prevalent in TS2 and I use them there all the time still. I adapted the document I use to work with TS4 although I barely use it in this iteration since I play it more like a dollhouse than I do TS2. If you google Random Occurrence Scenarios (or ROS for short) in combination with The Sims 2 (or maybe 3 or 4 might have them as well) you'll find these documents with random events you can roll in your game. It can go from having a picnic to your sim accidentally getting pregnant to having to get married to the sim with the highest relationship. Endless ideas. Very fun!
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    The dice roll thing sounds like fun! I may start a new save and try that. I mostly play in story mode so my playing is somewhat linear but, admittedly, for my NPC sims, I use MCCC. I can't help but laugh every time Lily Feng has a baby or Judith Ward ends up married.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @Duvelina - thanks! I came across some dead links but I’ll keep looking.

I’ll post what I have so far in a few.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have this to randomize injuries when my sims get into a fight. I can't take the credit, but I have no idea where I got it from anymore. You can randomize using random.org and putting numbers in front of everything as well.
    *sim: Sim Name, date: ???
    *event: ???

*injury:
    Miraculously fine [5]
    Brain injury, mild, vision impaired, wear glasses [2]
    Brain injury, mild, change a trait to random [2]
    Brain injury, moderate, change a trait to adhd
    Brain injury, moderate, change a trait to insane
    Brain injury, moderate, change a trait to dunce
    Brain injury, moderate, change a trait to hot-headed
    Brain injury, moderate, loss of libido, unflirty trait
    Brain injury, moderate, amnesia, delete all relationships
    Brain injury, moderate, amnesia, delete all traits (temporary, 4 weeks)
    Brain injury, moderate, amnesia, delete all traits (temporary, 6 months)
    Brain injury, moderate, amnesia, delete all traits (permanent)
    Physical injury, mild, superficial, scarring [3]
    Physical injury, mild, spacial difficulty, change a trait to clumsy [2]
    Physical injury, mild, temporary, minus one fitness point [2]
    Physical injury, mild, temporary, minus two fitness points [2]
    Physical injury, moderate, permanent, change a trait to lazy
    Physical injury, moderate, permanent, minus all fitness points & change trait to lazy
    Physical injury, moderate, one health strike
    Physical injury, moderate, two health strikes
    Physical injury, severe, three health strikes
    Physical injury, severe, four health strikes
    Physical injury, extreme, five health strikes

*recovery:
    two days
    four days
    one week [3]
    two weeks [5]
    three weeks [3]
    four weeks [2]
    six weeks
    eight weeks

I can't take credit for the ROS here either, but once again, I have no clue who wrote it anymore. The numbers behind the prompts are for percentage chances. I use a little program that came with the ROS that takes those chances into account when randomizing for me. You can randomize using random.org and putting numbers in front of everything as well.
    There might be some events in minor that you'd put into major. I haven't looked at it in a while.

Watch out, huge lists incoming!

Minor events
    *d100:
    $1-100
    *d4:
    $1-4
    *d6:
    $1-6
    *d20:
    $1-20
    *d12
    $1-12
    *d10
    $1-10
    *d2
    $1-2

*Minor events:
    Fancy Eating: Go to a restaurant for lunch or dinner. [2]
    Day out: take every eligible sim on your lot to a community lot and have fun. [3]
    Picnic: Make some food and take it to a park with your family to have a fun picnic day. [3]
    Day trip: Go to another neighbourhood for the day. [3]
    Movie night: Gather your friends or family, grab some popcorn, and settle in for a movie [2]
    Slumber party!: A family member visits and stays 2 nights. [2]
    Camping Living: (Child/Teen) Backyard camping, eat outdoors and sleep in a tent for 1 night. [2]
    Overdue: Books are due, visit the library. [2]
    Festivals Galore: Visit a festival in San Myshuno. [2]
    Work Is Part of Life: (Teen) Get a part-time job. [3]
    Creepy Evening: (Teen) Sneak out and visit the cemetery in Brindleton Bay on Deadgrass Isle at night with at least 2 sims. [2]
    Friendly Face: Visit and befriend the neighbours. [1]
    It's Not a Phase, Mom: (Teen) Drastic make-over in specific sub-culture style. [2]
    Defying the System: (Child/Teen) Naughty kids, gain at least 2 mischief skill points. [2]
    After School Activity: (Child/Teen) Join an after school club! [2]
    Grounded: (Child/Teen) Not allowed to leave bedroom after dinner, for 2 days. [2]
    Old appliances: Add the Gremlins lot trait for 4 days. [1]
    Yard sale: Sell crafted items using the sales table from the City Living EP. [2]
    Neglectful housekeeping: Add the Grody and Filthy lot traits for 4 days. [1]
    Charity work: Visit a local elderly, cook them a meal and perform at least 5 friendly interactions. [2]
    Sibling Rivalry: (Child/Teen/YA) Siblings with the lowest relationship perform 3 negative interactions each.
    Some Time With The Bros: (YA+) Have a boys or girls night out, visit a bar with at least 2 friends of the same gender. [3]
    Treat Yourself: Buy a reward from the aspiration points reward store. [3]
    Enriching Life: Pick a collection and collect at least five new collectables. [2]
    Earning Your First Dollar: (Child) Set up a lemonade stand using the lemonade pitcher from the Backyard SP and the sales table from the City Living EP. [2]
    Picture Or It Hasn't Happened: (Teen, YA) Perfect your selfie game, take a selfie in 5 different rooms or lots. [2]
    Making Friends: (Toddler, Child) Playdate, visit a friends house. [2]
    Best Time of Your Life: (Teen, YA) Go clubbing until at least 2am. [2]
    Quality Time: Have a father and son or mother and daughter day, work on their relationship and visit a community lot together. [3]
    Being Sick Is No Fun: Caught a bug, stay at home from work or school and give illness symptoms for 1 day (use the cheat testingcheats true, then use the following cheats, alternating: sims.add_buff Fever_severe and sims.add_buff CoughSneeze_severe). [2]
    Nicest Person Around: Bake sale for charity, bake and sell at least 4 baked goods (remove the funds using the cheats testingcheats true and Sims.modify_funds -x).[1]
    A Day to Yourself: Spend a day fulfilling your aspiration requirements. [3]
    Spa Relaxation: Spa day with best friend. [2]
    Blind date: Pick a single sim in the household, walk over to a random sim and ask him/her on a date. How will your date end? [1]
    New outfit: Sick of your current clothes, your sim decides it's time for a new wardrobe. Go shopping and pick out a new everyday outfit for them. [1]
    Family day: Invite over your known family members and their family. [3]
    Games night: Electronic or board, it's up to you. Your family spends the evening playing game (and no homework for any of the children). [3]
    Family games night: Electronic or board, it's up to you. Invite d6 of your family's closest relatives for a gaming night (and no homework for any of the children). [2]
    Large pet adoption: Your sims have decided it's too quiet without the pitter-patter of furry paws and have decided to adopt a pet. Make a visit to the local pet shop, call the pet adoption agency, or make a pet in CAS. [1]
    Small pet adoption: Feathers or fur, it doesn't matter to you. Choose a womrat, bird, or small dog (if there's space) to adopt in to your family. [2]
    Sleepover: Have your teen sim invite over d4 of their closest friends. If there aren't enough beds, grab some mattresses and camp out in the living room. Snacks, drinks, and late-night gossiping or gaming competitions are highly encouraged. [2]
    Vacation day: Your sim wants a day off work to relax. Either take a vacation day or pretend you're sick (we accept no responsibility for negative effects from lying). [2]
    Online friend: Attempt to strike up a new friendship with someone over the internet. You can IM and call, but only invite them over when you've become friends. [2]
    Green thumb: One of your sims has been bitten by the gardening bug, and wants to join the gardening club! Make over your garden as best you can, and join the gardening club. [2]
    Local lottery winner: Your sims win a small prize on the lottery. Add d10 * 100 to their family funds. [1]
    National lottery winner: Your sims win a medium prize on the lottery. Add d10 * 1,000 to their family funds. [1]
    Tax Refund: Add to funds: 1-2 Sims in household: (d100) x 5 3-4 Sims in household: (d100) x 10 5-8 Sims in household: (d100) x 100 Use familyfunds cheat to pay from Mayor's household if there is enough. [1]
    Taxes Assessed: Deduct from funds: 1-2 Sims in household: (d100) x 5 3-4 Sims in household: (d100) x 10 5-8 Sims in household: (d100) x 100 Funds are given to Mayor's household. If funds are lacking, take amount due in objects. [1]
    Insurance raises premiums: Deduct from funds: (d100) x 5 [1]
    Charity Strikes!: Donate to: 1. Orphanage 2. School 3. Firemen's Association 4. Police Fund 5. Church and Vicarage 6. Hospital
    Deduct from funds: (d6) to choose charity (d100) x 10 for funds [1]
    Secret Santa: Deduct from funds: Give all Sim households §100 [1]
    Car Repairs: Deduct from funds: (d100) x 10 [1]
    Stock Market Crash: Deduct from funds: (d100) x 1000 [1]
    Repo Man Rampage: (d4) for # of times to not pay the bills.[1]
    Being Blackmailed Deduct from funds: Pay Sim with lowest LT daily rel. or Sim with strongest furious state (d100) x 10 every day for (d6) days. If Sim can't pay, then deduct the same amount due in ASP points. Make sure to use familyfunds cheat to transfer the funds. [1]
    Blackmailing: Add to funds: Receive from Sim with lowest LT daily rel. or Sim with strongest furious state (d100) x 10 every day for (d6) days. If Sim can't pay, then deduct the same amount due in ASP points. Make sure to use familyfunds cheat to transfer the funds. [1]
    Unexpected fight: Your sim picks d6 arguments with the sim they have the highest relationship with. [1]
    Expected fight: Your sim picks d6 arguments with the sim they have the lowest relationship with. [2]
    Enemy!: Make d4 enemies. [1]
    Slacker: Call in sick for d4 days in a row. If your sim gets fired, they are not allowed to re-enter the career track for at least two rotations. [1]
    Power outage: Your sims are not allowed to use any electrical items for d4 days (stoves and fridges are exempt). Hope you know how to keep your sims happy. [3]
    Fitness focus: Your sim has decided to go on a fitness regime. Keep them exercising until they become fit, and only allow them to eat 'low-fat' food (e.g. salads, yoghurt and fruit). [2]
    Vacation: You've been saving your money for this. Take a weekend break to a vacation destination and do nothing but relax and enjoy the sights. [1]
    Write a novel: You've been hit by the writing muse and are itching to start a novel. Write d2 novels and see what the publishers think of your new talent. [2]
    Paint: You've gotten the urge to immortalise a scene around you in paint. Paint d2 paintings and see what the general public think of your new talent. [2]
    Roommate wanted: You've been struggling with money, so a roomate sounds like a good idea to give you extra cash, and them a place to stay. [2]
    Acting out: A child or teen in your household has gotten in to a bad mood: no homework, deliberate bad interactions, skipping school or sneaking out of the house if they can get away with it. After d4 days, they return to normal. [2]
    Do It Yourself: Your sims have decided they've got enough skill to manage repairs and childcare on their own. For one rotation, no repairmen, maids, nannies, gardeners, butlers, or any other kind of NPC help are allowed: if you have NPC help already, you must fire them. [2]
    Find inner peace: gain at least 2 wellness skill points by meditating and doing yoga. [2]
    Living with nature: Your sims have decided to spend some time in the great outdoors. Purchase as many tents as needed, along with a grill and a small pond. Babies and toddlers may be kept inside. [1]
    Going vegetarian: Your sims must not eat any meals with meat in them (dairy is fine) for two rotations. [2]
    Dating for success: One sim in your household decides to try and make a living off of date gifts. [2]
    Win small prize in the Sim lottery: Add to funds: (d100) x 10 [2]
    Win medium prize in the Sim lottery: Add to funds: (d100) x 100 [2]
    Selected as Resident of the Year: Add to funds: Every household gives you §100. Use familyfunds cheat to transfer funds. [2]
    Family Reunion: Invite over as many family members as the lot and your processor can handle and then take several photos of the event (in-game or selfies). Give a photo to each household. [3]
    Meet someone new: Pick someone Sim has not yet met or make a new Sim in CAS. [4]
    Date night!: Sim must take spouse/partner or highest LT rel. Sim on (d4) dates every night until complete. Take spouse/partner or highest daily rel. if single. [2]
    Blind Date Rampage!: Sim must go on (d4) blind dates - one each night - until complete. Meet random sims on the street. [2]
    Woohoo RIGHT NOW: Sim must drop everything and woohoo RIGHT NOW, for (d4) times. Choose spouse/partner or highest daily rel. if single. No mood cheats allowed, but Sims may satisfy a critical need - but then back to the bed! [2]
    Completely Silly Fight: Sim picks fight with Sim with highest LT rel. [2]
    Completely Understandable Fight: Sim picks fight with Sim with lowest LT rel. [2]
    Make like Rabbits: Sim must woohoo (d6) times in the next 24 hours. No mood cheats can be used. Take spouse/partner or highest daily rel. if single. [2]
    Graduate with honors from your socializing skills class: Win (d4) new friends. Use MCCC to make new friends. [2]
    Fail with shame from your socializing skills class: Make (d4) new enemies. Use MCCC to make new enemies. [2]
    Party!: 1. Barbecue 2. Sports 3. Pool/Jacuzzi 4. Sleepover 5. Costume 6. Bonfire (d6) to pick party. [2]
    Weekly Night OUT with the Gang!: • Poker Night • Bowling Night • Dance Club Night • Movie Night • Concert Night • Billiards Night Every Tuesday night at 6:00 pm, choose one activity above to take (d6) of closest non-family Sims (highest LT rel.) out to. This tradition must be continued for (d6) weeks. If Sim works on this night, then change to appropriate day and time. For Concert night, have Sims go watch other Sims playing instruments. For Movie night, take Sims to a lot with a large T.V. [2]
    Weekly Night IN with the Gang!: • Poker Night • Movie Night • Sports Night • Billiards Night • Chess Night • LAN Party Night Every Tuesday night at 6:00 pm, choose one activity on the left to invite (d6) of closest non-family Sims (highest LT rel.) to do in Sim's home. This tradition must be continued for (d6) weeks. If Sim works on this night, then change to appropriate day and time. For LAN Party, buy one computer for each Sim and play computer games together or play together on a console. Sell them back at the end of the night if funds are tight. [2]
    PMS Strikes!: Annoy the next walk by for (d20) times when sim is on period. [2]
    V.iagra Overdose!: Flirt with the next appropriate sex walk by for (d20) times [2]
    Spamming!: Sims sends email to (d20) Sims [2]
    The Woohoo Scavenger Hunt: Sim must Woohoo once in every type of Woohoo object in 24 hours. Woohoo objects are: • Bed • Hot Tub • Woohoo Bush • Closet • Backyard Observatory • Sauna Sim may buy objects or just visit community lots. No mood cheats allowed. [2]
    Wife-Huntin': Make 3 CAS *male* Sims or choose playables. Marry them to one of your sims. Grant them a (d100) x 100 "wedding present". [2]
    Husband-Huntin': Make 3 CAS *female* Sims or choose playables. Marry them to one of your sims. Grant them a (d100) x 100 "wedding present". [2]
    Demoted: Sim loses one job level, or if self-employed one business level, or if an employee lose one day's pay. [2]
    Promoted: Sim gains one job level, or if self-employed one business level, or if an employee gain one day's pay. [2]
    Bonus for a job well done: Add to funds: (d100) x 10 [2]
    Project Due: Sim must write a novel and finish it in next 24 hours. Demoted if deadline missed. No mood cheats allowed. [2]
    Laid off: Sim is laid off with 3 days pay. Use familyfunds cheat to add whatever sum three days pay would be. Must be unemployed for (d6) days before new job. Sim can go back into same career. [2]
    Your employee quits! (maid/gardener/nanny/employee): Deduct from funds: (d100) x 10 to entice worker back. Use familyfunds cheat to transfer funds to the worker's household if the worker is a not an NPC but a playable Sim. [2]
    Depression: Sim can't fulfill whims for (d6) days. [2]
    Broke a leg!: Sim must stay home for 3 days. Sim must go to hospital for first day, free will off the entire recuperation period. No stairs. [2]
    Fakin' and Slackin': Sim calls in sick for (d4) days in a row. If the Sim is fired, you must accept that consequence. You may get the Sim a job in the same career again if that happens. [2]
    Flood!: Place at least 10 sinks in locked room and break them. Do not allow them to be fixed for 24 hours. All rugs and furniture that touches the floor must be replaced. Sell sinks back after flooding is done. Use Boolprop (shift-click on the object) to break it. [2]
    Car Accident: Sim must lose car and spend (d4) days in hospital. Sim must go to hospital (move them in). You can either build a hospital or put the Sim in the Sim bin for the duration. [2]
    Errands: Sim must visit (d4) community lots before the end of the day. [3]
    Self-Love Reward!: Sim can get herself one gift of any price from the catalog or a community lot. Use (d100) x 10 amount of funds as a "gift certificate" to shop with. Can also be used to buy clothing. [2]
    Crime does pay: Sim must spend all free time when not tending to needs or at work stealing money from people or stealing items if kleptomaniac for (d6) days. If caught, Sim must go to jail for (d4) days. Either put Sim in Sim Bin or create a jail using Simlogical's jail system and move Sim there for duration. [2]
    Makeover Shopping Spree!: Add (d100) x 100 funds to spend on clothes, hair, makeup or accessories. [2]
    Inner Peace: Sim must meditate for 6 consecutive hours per day. Regime must continue for (d6) days. [2]
    Hobby obsession: Gain at least 2 skill points in your favourite, or next highest, skill. [2]
    Hobby Infatuation: New hobby, buy a skill object for a 0 points skill and gain at least 2 skill points. [2]
    Grant from the Interior Design Institute!: Sim receives (d100) x 100 to be used for redecorating ONE room only. No building allowed, only redecorating in the chosen room. [2]
    Cosmetic Surgery!: Sim suddenly feels a desire for a new look. Deduct (d100) x 100 for the cost of the surgery. Attempt to get the Sim to look quite different. [2]
    Lost a Dare!: Sim must walk around in a mascot or other silly outfit for (d4) days. Sim must also go on at least one date/outing while wearing outfit. Take as many pictures as possible! *smile* [2]

Major events
    Nothing major. Life goes on as normal. [90]
    Death: It seems you've met an untimely demise. Your death method is d10 (No death from old age). Roll d6. 1 - 2 Sim doesn't die 3 - 4 Sim can be saved 5 - 6 Sim dies [1]
    Bankruptcy: Your sims lose all of their money (including in bank accounts), and end up having to move in to a cheap apartment (large enough to accomodate them, but not large enough for expansion). Hope they can make their money back soon! [1]
    I Quit: Your sim decides they've had enough, and quits their current job. They cannot get back in to the same career field for at least two rotations. [2]
    Mid-Life Crisis: If married/partnered, Sim starts an affair with Sim with highest LT rel. for (d4) days and has to talk about midlife crisis to someone to trigger the event. If Sim with Love aspiration and not married/partnered, then Sim must change appearance *completely* for (d4) days, incl. hair and clothes and makeup. [2]
    Creature of the night: Somehow your sim has become infected with vampirism. Not allowed to cure for two rotations. [2]
    Creature of the sun: Somehow your sim has become a plantsim. It's temporary, so will cure itself. [2]
    Alien abduction: It looks like you've been 'chosen'. Get abducted [4].
    Fire!: Fire breaks out. [2]
    Massive repairs: Break d10 items on your lot and either attempt to repair them yourself or call in the professionals. [2]
    Social worker: Looks like someone thinks you're a neglectful parent. You have 24 hours to be friends with all of your children (toddlers are exempt) otherwise you face losing everyone! [1]
    Unexpected pregnancy: Oops, maybe you should have been more careful. Invite over the sim you have the highest chemistry and relation with and get pregnant/get them pregnant. Good luck working out child support. [3]
    Breakup: It looks like it's not working out. Break up with your current partner. [2]
    Business failure: Turns out your business wasn't as successful as you thought it was. Lay off all employees, close a business, and figure out what to do next. Not allowed to open a new business for two rotations but can continue with existing businesses. [5]
    Win large prize in the Sim lottery: Add to funds: (d100) x 1000 [2]
    Distant relative(s) move in: (d4) for # of relatives. Make Sims in CAS. If Sim's household is too full to add the # of Sims you rolled, then either move out some Sims or up the household limit using MCCC. [3]
    Adoption: Share the Love: (d4) for # of children. If Sim's household is too full to add the # of Sims you rolled, then either move out some Sims or up the household limit using MCCC. [3]
    Shotgun wedding: Pick Sim with highest LT rel., invite them over and marry them on the spot. Pick a Sim on the lot who is not married already or reroll if no single Sims in the household. [3]
    Sudden change of life plans: Sim must quit his current job (even if s/he owns a business) and choose a new career (or buy a new business) immediately. [2]
    Fired!: Must be unemployed for (d6) days. Sim can go back into same career. [2]
    Wrongly Jailed! (or, Yer Honor! I'm innocent, I swear!): (d4) for # of days spent. Either put Sim in Sim Bin or create a jail and move Sim there for duration. [2]
    City reclaims land: Have 24 hours to move to a new lot. May take any objects you wish in Sims inventory. [1]
    Tsunami!: You lose d(10) x 1000 in structural damage of the house and you have to replace all the furniture. [2]
    Serious Self-Doubt: Change Aspiration for (d6) days. May keep or change back as desired. [2]
    Dumped! (Or, "It's not you, it's me. I just don't want a commitment."): Sim gets unceremoniously dumped. Make sure the OTHER Sim, the spouse/partner of your Sim does the dumping. Spouse/partner moves out if on lot. Fight until the option is there. [2]
    Child/Teen runs away: (d6) for # of days. Move child/teen out of the house. [2]
    Insane!: Sim goes insane for (d6) days. Must go to hospital or Insane Asylum for stay. You can either build one of those lots or put the Sim in the Sim bin for the duration. [1]
    Psychotic Sociopathic Murderer Syndrome: Sim invites (d6) Sims to the lot and murders them. Afterwards, roll (d6): 1. Sim gets away scot-free. 2. Sim is apprehended by the police and sent to jail for (d12) days. 3. Sim is apprehended by the police and sent to jail for life. 4. Sim frames another Sim (pick Sim with lowest LT rel or strongest furious state.) That Sim goes to jail for (d12) days. 5. Sim frames another Sim (pick Sim with lowest LT rel or strongest furious state.) That Sim goes to jail for life. 6. Sim is put to death for the crimes. Create Sims in CAS to be murdered if you do not wish to use your other playables or NPCs. You may roll to see which way each Sim is murdered. You may also roll to choose which way your Sim is put to death if #6 is rolled. If you are particularly sadistic, use WinterMuteai's Electric Chair to carry out the death sentence. Either put Sim in Sim Bin or create a jail using Simlogical's jail system and move Sim there for duration. [1]
    Transgender: Your sim realised they are the wrong gender! Change the appropriate stuff in CAS and let them live their best life [1]
    When switching households in my rotation, using 2 dice, roll once. If doubles, roll again for more chances of drama.

First Roll
    2: no drama. (This is always a result of doubles, so roll again.)
    3: AFFAIR! *
    4: no drama
    5: no drama
    6: ADDITIONAL AFFAIR (only applicable for cheaters) *
    7: no drama
    8: GOOD THING! (I decide... get a pet or have a surprise baby)
    9: no drama
    10: no drama
    11: SOMEONE MIGHT DIE (try for an emotional death or make a townie sacrifice)
    12: no drama. (This is always a result of doubles, so roll again.)

* Second Roll for Affairs!
    2: no drama, roll again
    3: HAVE A LOVECHILD WITH AFFAIR
    4: no drama
    5: no drama
    6: GET CAUGHT CHEATING
    7: no drama
    8: no drama
    9: no drama
    10: no drama
    11: DIVORCE (either due to unhappiness or getting caught)
    12: no drama, roll again

Basically I would decide whom in the household would do these things and with whom.
    Thanks for those lists, @Duvelina
    I’ll see if there are any ideas I want to add into my roll system.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't do this myself but I've had lilsimsie videos suggested to me in the past where I've seen that she uses a random wheel spin to determine her sims life. It's actually a pretty cool idea. Maybe that would be something that interests you.

https://youtu.be/hyNMqarnVto
    Thanks, @Sharonia
    I already have the families, I just want to insert a little drama here and there, otherwise I know I won’t do it on my own. Lol
    babajayne wrote: »
    Thanks, @Sharonia
    I already have the families, I just want to insert a little drama here and there, otherwise I know I won’t do it on my own. Lol

I think she uses the wheel in her actual game play as well to determine lots of things like pregnancies, work stuff, relationships etc... I once started watching her Island Living let’s play and she was explaining it a bit more how it works there. I usually just make up drama in my head well I did in TS4 anyway. I’m playing the Sims 3 now and that seems to have it’s own dramas.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    So far, I haven't had to leave it up solely to my own imagination or even a roll of the dice. I do use Slice of Life, but I'm uncertain that it was responsible for what happened. My Sims all went of to Uni together. I had the four siblings and two friends from their neighborhood in the very same dorm. My Global Superstar Rocker, found himself totally in love (full friendship bar/full romance bar) with the two female friends. LOL What ensued next was easy. He couldn't choose.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Thanks, @Sharonia

I think she uses the wheel in her actual game play as well to determine lots of things like pregnancies, work stuff, relationships etc... I once started watching her Island Living let’s play and she was explaining it a bit more how it works there. I usually just make up drama in my head well I did in TS4 anyway. I’m playing the Sims 3 now and that seems to have it’s own dramas.
    Are you using NRaas story progression or just the in-game settings? I have been thinking of going back to TS3 too... the drama has much bigger consequences there. It might not be very satisfying in TS4.
    So far, I haven't had to leave it up solely to my own imagination or even a roll of the dice. I do use Slice of Life, but I'm uncertain that it was responsible for what happened. My Sims all went of to Uni together. I had the four siblings and two friends from their neighborhood in the very same dorm. My Global Superstar Rocker, found himself totally in love (full friendship bar/full romance bar) with the two female friends. LOL What ensued next was easy. He couldn't choose.
    @GalacticGal Storytelling and story creation is definitely a strength of yours. I am ok at it but I need a little inspiration sometimes.
    I’m at the point where I’ve done a lot with my families and some characters have achieved so much, I don’t know what they should do next. So I figure if they should have an untimely death, it won’t be so bad at that stage of their life, I’d just be waiting for death by old age anyway. Or maybe an affair would bring some interesting results. The hows, whys, whos are easy for me to apply; but actually deciding to pull the trigger is the hard part for me.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Thanks, @Sharonia

Are you using NRaas story progression or just the in-game settings? I have been thinking of going back to TS3 too... the drama has much bigger consequences there. It might not be very satisfying in TS4.

Yeah I did install the story progression mod. It just sounded more fun. I'm not very experienced with TS3 so far but I'm enjoying it so much.