Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Youtube Channel - Any Advice?

Hey all!
I've got a plan this semester. It's purpose is to destress as homework and photoshoots line up at the door and my list to finish everything with best grades possible lengthens! Likewise, part of my plan is to play the sims 3 for a couple hours every Friday, and post videos accordingly on my new Sims only channel. Problem is i have no idea how to expand my channel. Attract viewers, push forward and continue to post videos, etc. I've had issues continuing previously because of failed equipment. In addition, a minute videos takes an hour to upload to youtube with my terrible home internet (school has EXCELLENT internet, so i'll be uploading from there).

I'd love any advice! How do i attract viewers? How does one persevere and continue to post videos? Should I do a lets play on the individual expansion packs, or stick with challenges? (Because the expansion packs have been out for a very long time so i thought it would be a waste of time)

Equipment shouldn't be a problem. I'm using my brothers set up, and he's a pretty good youtuber! He's been at this a long time and his channel is growing!

(channel is HERE)

Comments

• SingingSimmerSingingSimmer Posts: 43 Member
    Hi, I'm also just starting out as a simmer on Youtube! But in my limited experiences from another channel, my best advice would keep creating consistently and to promote properly. I've gotten a few vies on my first video just by putting my channel name on here (it's SingingSimmer, if you hadn't guessed XD) Good luck! I gave you a sub to get you started ;)
  • DeviSimmerDeviSimmer Posts: 232 Member
    hi. i also have a Youtube channel and i open it something like 7-8 weeks ago. i have 40 subs for now and im doing CAS videos.
    as a viewer i love to watch challenges and CAS videos, but as a youtuber i love making CAS videos. also i dont have a mic so i cant do something else then CAS... in my channel i did CAS challenge, celebs CAS, collabs and now im doing a new series about fashion around the world.

anyway i think that you should do what you love to do in sims, i also recommend you to get sims 4 so you will attract more PPL.
    to attract more PPL post evreything that you upload in this forum, also open tumblr and post there as well. i also have a facebook page for my channel (DeviSimmer) but i only have 1 like in there so i dont recommend you to do it as well.
    i hope that i could help you and if you want help with something tell me :D
    3410792.png

DeviSimmer - create|CAS|SIMS
    find me on youtube & tumblr - DeviSimmer
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFm5IJhxHDszR3XdDW78DEw
  • Winglessangel0920Winglessangel0920 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys! I just started youtube too (for sims anyway) and I'd say one of the things to focus on is make sure your tags are good, and make sure your thumbnail will attract viewers! :) You can customize a thumbnail and it helps! :) If any of you would like to check out my channel please do so :) I don't have many sims videos yet, but I plan on uploading more! :) winglessangel0920 on youtube :)

• marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    Hey! I'm not a youtuber, but I'm a viewer. What I like to see on sims videos is: fast building of iconic places, like the Hogwarts castle (have u seen that? Amzing!), expansion packs demos (like showing short gameplays), tips and tricks. But by far my favorite thing to watch is comedy or stories. Like those super famous sims 4 series. You don't need to force yourself to be funny if you're not that kind of person, but show your creativity by narrating your sims stories or fun moments. Those are the best videos (in my opinion, of course)! I think is so cool to see those perfect sims life, or troubled, or even comic. I think you should give it a try :smile:
  • MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    Mari your ideas are very great!I just started youtube too and I didnt know what to make:">
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • lilapedota18lilapedota18 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I just started a youtube channel for my sim as well and I'm really excited for it because I have been playing this game for so long, and I've always wanted to share my games! But if anyone wants to talk to me and we can work together to build our youtube channels that would be awesome or even just someone to share our sims stories with :) I also desperately need advice on how to start up my channel!! So my channel is simslaney and my twitter is _simslaney_ and my gmail is lildotsims@gmail.com
    thank you!! I'm excited to check out all your channels as well!!
  • SimmChoolySimmChooly Posts: 93 Member
    My advice, and I think someone else said this too, is CONSISTENCY! Keep at it! Not every video is going to be a viral sensation, but with consistency, momentum will pick up. The more videos I post, the better I get at making videos, editing and playing sims. As I improve my building skills, my videos will improve. Be patient with yourself, be kind to others and share in the love.

Another great tip is to watch other simmers videos. Not just the larger channels, but your fellow newbies too. Watch how they edit, film, talk, etc. What can you learn from watching their videos, reflection is always helpful!

Also, another piece of great advice I got from Bring the Party is to practice talking to yourself before filming, in your room, by yourself, no one home... do you need to cheer up, calm down (lol),etc. Plan your talks, which is something that I still need to practice with, and keep your viewers hooked.

Hope I helped, I'm still learning too. The best we can do is the best we can do. Good Luck!! <3

• MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    Nice advice Chooly , your awesome!
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    That can be a challenge until a YouTuber makes it to the big time. Personally, I'm not into YouTube to become a celebrity, but just to do it for fun. I have over 1,000 subscribers, and I do Sims 1 videos. Even though my equipment is not super-fancy, my setup gets the job done. I do my best not to make videos that are crud, and I am looking for ways to improve while still being true to myself.

The only reason I went viral is that one of my Sims 1 videos got embedded on a Buzzfeed article about "23 Unforgettable Moments of the The Sims 1" and I got over 100,00 views in 2 weeks. But that was 4 years ago.

But if anyone wants to go down memory lane for Sims 1 content, my YouTube username is SariaFan93.
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • XlucidelliaXlucidellia Posts: 13 New Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpCS1_yCb8
    heres one of my videos i just posted, i would love some feedback from some fellow simmers,it would mean alot!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'll admit, I don't really know ow tagging works...I looks, and successful youtubers seem to put about million tags in! I only ever put a handful--I couldn't even THINK of that many tags! And often people tag things that are only vaguely related, or tag all their other videos in their videos...is that a good/okay thing to do? Anyway, I'm really just another newbie looking for advice :-P

Like, here's my most recent video

https://youtu.be/VQeH1F81FvI

The tags I used were: sims 4, let'splay, get to work, sims story, powerpuff girls, professor utonium, scientist career. Are there other tags I could/should be using?
  • POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    I would love some feedback on how tags work as well - because like @FanPhoria I have a hard time thinking of more than a handful. I don't want to put irrelevant tags.
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm the same way, I think I may use around five tags per video. lol Sad, I know. But I just don't have a clue what to add in other than what my video is related to.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CoCoaKarmaCoCoaKarma Posts: 2 New Member
    all of you have good content, me still a newbie and much more to learn, feel free to check it out and give me honest feedback, so I can improve. thank you
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfEuQVxxTL0-M6cR-jhbOuQ/videos
  • WhinyBritWhinyBrit Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi there, new joiner here 😊
    I have created a new channel that is mainly Sims 4 content. If you like the Sims and get enjoyment from hearing a sarcastic person tell embarrassing stories then you might be interested in my channel!
    Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqwmtYeuSTET9rSd7dNR_XQ
    I wouldn’t suggest kids watching as some of the stories are adult themed…
    If you create Sims content as well then please send me your link as I’m always looking for new videos to watch 😊
    Have a great week!
  • TouchingmyfootTouchingmyfoot Posts: 21 Member
    First of all PLEASE IGNORE MY USERNAME, OKAY? I made this account 10 years ago and I don't know how to change it or if I even can :D

anyways, so I really like to do builds/reno's/townie makeovers. I decided to just start filming then and posting them.
    Anyway, if anyone would take the time to check them out that would be cool. They're all speed throughs, otherwise they videos would be hours long. I don't really have super great building techniques. I like to keep the houses I make simple so that they're cute but also easy to use in Gameplay without sims glitching and getting stuck. I'll link my three most recent videos if anyone wants to check them out and I'll definitely return the favor! :) The first video is a reno, the second one is a makeover, and the third is a build. All my reno's/builds are also in the gallery under my UN: amyycameronn

Also, I'm not sure how to put my actual video here? So...LINKS IT IS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyzxw3cKI7M&t=1111s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS3K93T4-O4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tr4Dcph4L0&t=242s
  • siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    Hi everyone, here's my last Sims 4 speedbuild in stop motion.
    Come to see it and leave a comment, I'll appreciate!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCzdxF9seg