Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Getting Bored Again So Went Into CAW

...and started messing around with worlds again. Made a quick little world for a Castaway although...this sucker is a huge-🐸🐸🐸🐸 lot; a 64x64 lot. And I may consider making a world to work with on my Selfacy/Legacy as I want to have that story finish up...I may only go up to the fifth generation, since I pretty much lost my interest with that particular story-line.
    Screenshot-111.jpg

That Castaway Island is called Pilot Isle and is pretty much a simple little island. One community lot and one 64x64.
    Screenshot.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @kristenleighwhite Great pics! Love the ghost family.

@AnnaLoo91 Great pics!

@Chi5678 Sorry about your crash.

@OliviaAR I like her casual hair.

@RedDestiny92 Yeah, I tend to skim and grab the basics of most posts, so my comments don't always make the most sense if the question is answered in the post already.
    ****I like Luisa's hair.

@Silverofdreams30 Great Sims.

@dreamyari Cute Sims.

@Sleepstar Congrats to all your Sims!

@Shadow_Assassin Great pics!

@Brandontaylor Congrats on the wedding and the Simbot romance (at least I think that's what's going on).

@GraceyManor Poor dude just wants a girlfriend.

@Nikkei_Simmer How do you manage a lot with that many spawners? My games start to lag if I have more than one or two.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Still playing TSM. I'm currently playing Meat Quest IV with the Merchant.
    Of9dwpc.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    The spawners are on the island...but not on the lot - the island is considerably bigger than 64x64. :)@MoonandStars83 - Since this is for anytime I want to stick a couple of sims on their own little personal island, I figured, each game will have a different house on the 64x64 lot. Going in to the game to see if my placement of the sidewalks worked ok and that they can get from one lot to another without routing errors.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Valili! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    0mG4jf.jpg
    0mGhgP.jpg

Davey Ziggfield Napalm Molotov
    0mGIu8.jpg

Masaki
    Old guy can also cute
    0mGX3q.jpg
    0mGOCn.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited September 2020
    Is there another program aside from Delphy's simpack converter, that allows me to convert .simpacks to .packages?
    Delphy's isnt working.

Untitled.png
    This is what its doing...normally the .packages don't look like that!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

Island Home For Sale

50398721751_ec722a956d_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    BlackSand wrote: »

Island Home For Sale

50398721751_ec722a956d_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

What's asking price? Is there property transfer taxes on that? :D My sim-couple can afford $642K.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    What's asking price? Is there property transfer taxes on that? :D My sim-couple can afford $642K.

Meh ... It just looks expensive ... Only $168k.
    The cost includes the boat and skis too.

It's only 2 Bedroom/3 Bath ... More stuff to do outside rather than inside.
    Good size for a couple with two kids maybe ... There are bunk beds in the kid's room.

I added an arbor, but I'm not really sure I like it.

50398571903_d48360d33f_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited September 2020
    Is there another program aside from Delphy's simpack converter, that allows me to convert .simpacks to .packages?
    Delphy's isnt working.

Untitled.png
    This is what its doing...normally the .packages don't look like that!

It looks right to me. I generally get it to extract small numbers of packages at a time so I know what they are and change the names. Or, I might want to use s3pe to combine them all into a single package if a lot of packages come out of a single Sims3Pack file.

I don't know of any other program to use to extract the package files.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Didn't play at all yesterday as I haven't been at all well; still isn't feeling up to playing The Sims 3
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    Haven't had time to play today, been downloading some new clothing.XD
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Got a little bit busy last night so sorry for not giving feedback. I'm not really too far behind so I'm going to focus on getting caught up tonight and then will play the Langerak save one more time before I start playing the challenge again. I've been slower on the challenge right now but it'll pick up soon.

@Nikkei_Simmer Man do I hope they had a backhoe to dig out that lake. Could you imagine trying to do that all by hand with only six people?
    River got lucky not to be bitten.
    Hopefully they find the missing people, or at least some new ones move in. There are certain Sims they are better off not having around.
    Great update!
    Looks like it's got a good amount of spawners for fishing and other things.

@Karritz Sounds like Oscar and Louise had quite the life. I really can't wait until I get to see some of the things they were up to.
    The daughters look pretty good, even if they aren't drop dead gorgeous. Makes it more realistic at least.

@MoonandStars83 Thanks, I'm looking forward to Daisy growing up, I kind of have a plan for her as long as it pans out the way I want it to.
    Never have got to play Medieval but it looks fun.
    Thank you, and yep, the two Plumbots are in a relationship. A proposal is coming up next time I play that save, which will actually probably be right after I finish feedback.

@kristenleighwhite I think she'll be in Midnight Hollow much longer than she thinks.
    Great update!

@AnnaLoo91 Sounds like Josie has a choice in who she wants to be with.

@Chi5678 That's a bummer, hope your computer is fixable.

@OliviaAR Workaholics are never happy unless they are working all the time.
    Bella and Mortimer look nice.
    Great update!

@RedDestiny92 Louise looks nice.
    Congrats to the newlyweds!
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you.
    Quinton turned out quite nicely. I'm curious as to what a child between him and Ariana will look like, regardless of the fact I'm making Daisy the heir.
    Great job on the Sims!

@dreamyari Serity and Haven are pretty Sims.

@GraceyManor Is Leota still behaving now? Hope she doesn't try to steal Kim's friend for herself.
    William, you're going to have to make it where Kim can't see you either, otherwise you aren't going to be able to sneak around and scare her friends.
    Sebastian a deceased Sim too or is there another reason William doesn't like him?
    Great update!

@BlackSand Awesome house and island!
    @Brandontaylor
    Sebastian appeared very briefly when Cosette was alive, Remember Claire
    hired him to keep her away from William? But then Claire took things into her own hands..
    @BrandonTaylor thank you. I like to have a good variety in my sims and not many of them come close to being drop dead gorgeous. I keep my old sims backed up and I've noticed my style of making sims changes over the years so another way I get a good mixture of sims is to keep adding old sims to my new games along with some newly made sims. Sometimes I give my old sims a makeover and other times not. Mostly a makeover means a custom skin and maybe new hair and sometimes a few outfits get changed. I'll post some pictures later of a household I made new yesterday. It has 2 brand new sims and a few older sims that have had something changed, mostly just new skin if they had a default EA skin. But some got new hair and clothes or some new makeup and a couple even got their heads made a little narrower.
    I didn't do much with my video yesterday. I was trying to work out a suitable ending. It seemed to need something more than that's it for that adventure a new adventure will be in the next video. Then somehow this morning I was thinking and I thought about what Craig and Judy would like to do at the end of such a long and complex adventure. I thought they might like to have something to eat and perhaps get to taste some of that nectar they've been finding in the Tomb of Isael.

So they have a little celebration down in the Nectary Cellar.

The-End001.jpg

The-End002.jpg

I'm going to watch the video now and then fix anything that I think needs fixing and try to make it a bit shorter. It runs for about 44 minutes which is a bit too long, but the tomb is really big and complicated and I thought it best to keep it to a single video.

I think the next tomb might be even bigger and more difficult. I'll see how things go.

Happy Simming All
    edited September 2020
    Thanks for the comments @Karritz and @Brandontaylor ...
    But @Nikkei_Simmer and @CravenLestat inspired me to make an island home.

I built it in Dragon Valley because it isn't laggy and I had already emptied the world.
    Since then I moved it to IP ... And I am cleaning that world up now, so I can can test the lot there.
    It transferred between worlds well ... So that's a plus ... :D

Happy Simming!

BlackSand wrote: »

Meh ... It just looks expensive ... Only $168k.
    The cost includes the boat and skis too.

It's only 2 Bedroom/3 Bath ... More stuff to do outside rather than inside.
    Good size for a couple with two kids maybe ... There are bunk beds in the kid's room.

I added an arbor, but I'm not really sure I like it.

50398571903_d48360d33f_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

Ah...that's still affordable and it's got a nice million dollar waterfront view.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    My sim finally made out with a vampire hahaha
    5zUb897.jpg

In case any of you who are new (or those of you wanting a refresher), I made a thread of my old Jones/Langerak family posts so that I can keep the history straight without having to look all over for the posts. It'll be a bit slow going trying to get it caught up to recent updates but I'm getting there. I'll also be slowly adding the family tree in as well because I'm playing this family as long as I can in as many towns as I can and there will be a lot of relatives. I'll make some small edits to the posts where I maybe misspelled something or any other grammar corrections. Anyway, here is the link to the thread and it'll also be in my signature.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981908/the-jones-family-multi-generational-story
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    Kim: You chased him away again William! Stop it.
    William: Its for your own good, Kim.don't trust him.
    Kim: Right now I don't trust you.
    William: You...don't mean that.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    George: How is a spirit suppose to enjoy his retirement with all
    this bickering?
    Kim: Your darling son keeps chasing away my friends.
    George: Is this true William?
    William: Its for her own good, father.
    Kim: You wouldn't know "my own good." If it bit you in your behind.
    William: Kim!
    Kim: Please do something about him.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    William: Its Sebastian, father..
    George: I know very well who it is, William...but you need to stop acting
    childish.If you like this young lady, tell her.
    William: What? I don't....I mean I do as friend...but not in the way your
    suggesting.
    George: William....
    William: Lets drop the subject.

Screenshot-21.jpg
    William: Maker's breathe....
    Leota: Why you feeling so down?

Screenshot-23.jpg
    William: You wouldn't understand..
    Leota: Your jealous...just admit it.
    William: I am not jealous! I wish everyone would stop suggesting that.
    Leota: You are easier to read than my spellbook.
    William: Oh go dabble with your magic and leave me alone.
    Leota: As you wish...Mr...Envy.

Screenshot-26.jpg
    William: What are YOU doing here?
    Sebastian: I'm taking the lovely Kim on a date.
    William: You what?!
    Sebastian: Is that a problem?
    William: I...ah...no, not at all.

Screenshot-27.jpg
    Kim: I'm sorry to keep you waiting.I'm all ready.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    William: :o

Screenshot-31.jpg
    Kim: William, close your mouth.We are not a codfish.
    William: ....Sorry, its just you look...
    Kim: And please, as a favor to me, don't follow us? Please..
    William: Kim....
    Kim: We'll be fine..Goodnight.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    edited September 2020
    Things certainly have a way of changing in our saves, don’t they? Take a look at this excerpt from Melanie (Jones) Langerak’s point of view.

6WjuZCe.jpg
    Melanie: If you didn’t already know, I’m attracted to Garry Sekemoto. I wanted to flirt with him but he already has a girlfriend, Carina Alvi. I don’t like it but I respected it, albeit grudgingly.*

Melanie was indeed going to end up with Garry. Carina may not have liked it but Melanie wouldn’t care at this point in her life, being a teen and all. Now read this next excerpt and you’ll see what I mean about things changing.

6JUojTm.jpg
    Then it was time for Quinton and Ariana's wedding. I can't remember all the guest’s names but the fairy is Rain Langerak and she is the bride's sister-in-law through Evan. By her wing is Quinton's mother, Carina Sekemoto, Garry Sekemoto (Quinton's father) is looking at Dwight and Abigail.**

Notice how Garry is now an elder and is the father to a son named Quinton? Also, notice I mentioned Carina Sekemoto is Quinton’s mother? Now read this one last excerpt.

9SOFpf6.jpg
    Quinton and Ariana exchanged vows then Quinton kissed his bride. He ended up taking the Langerak last name which kind of fits, seeing as how he doesn't have a good relationship with Garry. He does have a great relationship with Carina though.**

You see, Melanie did not end up with Garry Sekemoto as he ended up having Quinton with Carina Alvi. Melanie moved on with a man named Dwight Langerak and they had triplets named Evan, Abigail, and Ariana. Recently, Dwight and Melanie had a 4th child, Michael. Ariana (pictured above) is the 4th generation heir and she fell in love with Quinton, the son of her mother’s former crush. Things like this are the reason I love Sims 3 so much. The twists and turns our Sim’s lives take are so interesting and really show what the spirit of this game is. Hope you all enjoyed this post, I had fun looking back at all this.

*Took place in the 5th or 6th week.

**Took place in the 18th week and was from a recent post.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @BlackSand Awww yay I motivated you :* Sims 3 is truly a great game where we can just live on an island in a world never intended to have islands.I remember being on my Sunset Valley island straight across from Sunset Beach and that evil mwahaha voice in my head talking for my sim "That's right citizens of SV,stare from the shoreline like confused hermit crabs and marvel at my private paradise"

Sims 3 I love you <3

And your house is lovely my sim seen the real estate listing and headed straight for the open house.He would have bought it if would have had a basement torture dungeon.Such a disappointment :#
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited September 2020
    Sims 3 - Rebuild Sunset Valley
    Chapter Three - "Oops"

Of course having to figure out what caused the disappearance of many of the townsfolk of Sunset Valley didn't prevent Haruo and River from having some private time of their own. After all this had been a mystery for at least an year and it would probably take a considerably longer time to figure it out. And of course, Haruo knew just how lucky he was with a wife like RIver.
    Screenshot-59.jpg
    ...after all he had been married to River for the past two years. They had been hit with the fact that all of Sunset Valley had vanished without a trace and his parents and her mother were both gone...for good it seemed. So what better to ease their worries and broken hearts but to make a family of their own. Though of course they didn't know it at the time.
    Screenshot-55.jpg
    In the morning Phil cut some of the gemstones that Franz had found as well as some of his own that he'd tracked down. These cuts would form the financial base of the ambitious plan that they were going to undertake. Eventually, they hoped that they could rebuild the town and make it just as vibrant as it was in the beginning. Though of course, it proved to be very un-nerving not to see a single soul other than a few tourists wandering the fields that made up what used to be the town. But eventually, they hoped, they would get the town back to what it was.
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    The weather was spotty at best, rain during some moments, sun coming out the next. but at least the summer weather kept rain warm.

As Noel was the better negotiator in this case, he was the one who went over to the elixir shop to consign any of the gemstones that were cut. He talked to a young lady by the name of Clarissa Dove. Clarissa was more than happy to take any of the gemstones off Noel's hands and give him a good cut of the proceeds of any sales that would happen between then and five in the afternoon when the sales proceeds would be tabulated.
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    Noel and Clarissa chatted for a while feeling out each other to see if the two of them could cooperate as business partners. Noel bringing in the cut gems while she found him the buyers. It was an amicable proposition and they would make a good partnership in terms of making sure any gemstones that Franz found were bought by willing buyers in foreign lands.Screenshot-62.jpg
    "I'm sure that we can do business together, Mr. Allan. I think you're going to find this a very profitable proposition."

"Well, I'm sure, Ms. Dove. I'm looking forward to working with you and that we can both have profitable transactions in the future."
    Screenshot-63.jpg
    Haruo, River and Bebe were busy trying to catch fish. What was astounding to Haruo was that even though he was an angler; he pretty much stank at catching fish. Either they weren't biting or the bait he was using wasn't up to par and the fish were ignoring him. Meanwhile his wife and her friend Bebe were catching fish left and right. That kind of cheesed him off. Wasn't he supposed to be the angler of the family? Oh well, maybe it was her luck that would feed the family. If he couldn't catch fish to save his life, maybe she would. If that was the case, then he'd go and get himself cooking books and learn to cook those fish that his wife caught.
    Screenshot-64.jpg
    At least then, he could maybe help the family...

Meanwhile Phil was in the garden doing his best to learn gardening and bring in the vegetables and fruits that were growing on the trees and bushes.
    Screenshot-65.jpg
    Most of this would go into the cooler and wait until they could get a stove and fridge...

...and the rest would go to the grocery store across the street which took as much fresh vegetables and fruits as the group could offer them.
    Screenshot-70.jpg
    Living off a floating deck was not quite what they'd imagined when they dug out the property and filled it with water. But the way it was, it was more than adequate to keep ne'er-do-wells off the property. If the water didn't stop them, the barbed wire fence surrounding the small little island they made for themselves, connected to the pier, would serve as a deterrent with razor-wire surrounding the tops of the fence. The flat roof kept the rain off and the tents were essentially rooms...in a rather airy structure.
    Screenshot-71.jpg
    Franz went off to go hunt for gemstones.
    Screenshot-72.jpg
    Haruo went off to the beach to go fishing for ocean fish.
    Screenshot-73.jpg
    ...and the girls went and fried up some fish to eat taking a break from their angling...
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    ...though of course when the men returned and tried to eat, their cheap firepit decided to repeated blow out their matches. So in lieu of letting the men starve, the Watcher deleted the firepit and generously provided a miracle in a kitchen area.

But not before Haruo got struck by lightning...mostly out of pure boredom by the Watcher. Hail NRAAS full of wrath...Thy shocking revelation is with thee. Gettest thy sim hence to a shower and washeth thyself off before thou gets hittest again with sacred fire and settest thy area alight.
    Screenshot-75.jpg
    ...AMEN
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @MoonandStars83

Thanks

@Brandontaylor

thanks, great updates
    good luck with the challenge save.

@BlackSand

Lovely house.