Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which household room light option do you mainly use?

I used to use the always on option for all rooms until recently. Now use the auto light option because it just makes more sense lol.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Which household room light option do you mainly use? 116 votes

Always on
18%
Alexaisimgirl1010WyrrenGwastenMicaduhboy2u2foxybillySindocatOnverserJackOnYourBackcatmando830KathykinsquinhobpEnkiSchmidtj1z1SAEldarinsmurfy77RavenSpitRouensimsSayNoToGnomesCavapoo_King 21 votes
Auto lights
75%
crocobauraauroraael14GalacticGalbecca022IceyJColorist40JueJuePlayerSinger2010sam123TheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917SusanaLeoteBloosmooMeteoraStormbabajayneelanorbretonhaneulBeardedgeekMariefoxprice83 88 votes
Turn off
0%
Other:
6%
storyyMLadyAzzerataydevSweetieWright_84musteniizecsonAdmiral8Q 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2020
    Auto lights
    Auto-lights...but am curious who would be so evil to themselves to force themselves to manually turn them on each time their sim enters a room
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Auto lights
    Started using auto lights in the bedroom. It felt more realistic for the lights to go out when my sims are sleeping.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Auto lights
    Auto-lights...but am curious who would so evil to themselves to for them to manually turn them on each time their sim enters a room

You know im cracking up at that :D because the option is there for a reason so there is really somebody torturing their sims lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Auto lights
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Auto-lights...but am curious who would so evil to themselves to for them to manually turn them on each time their sim enters a room

You know im cracking up at that :D because the option is there for a reason so there is really somebody torturing their sims lol
    Torturing themselves too😭😭
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Depends on the room. Bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices are set to auto lights. Rooms in the heart of the home that sims pass through all the time (kitchens and living rooms) are always on.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Auto lights
    Inside the home is autolights & the outside lights stay on.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Other:
    I usually pick a couple of lights that are always on. I pick lights that are on routes that are frequently used. Otherwise I use auto-lights.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other:
    I only autolight Bedroom, Kitchen and Living Room, I left bathroom and dining room lights always on.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Other:
    So_Money wrote: »
    Depends on the room. Bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices are set to auto lights. Rooms in the heart of the home that sims pass through all the time (kitchens and living rooms) are always on.

I used to have everything on all the time, just tweaked the colour tone and brightness. More recently though I've been doing the same as SoMoney, but have a few small or dim lights on all the time in bedrooms that stay on when the main bright lights are "auto-off".
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Auto lights
    Auto lights just because it's beautifull to watch :)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Auto lights
    Auto lights, but I'll often have wall lights in halls or in the bathroom that are always on. Same with nightlights in toddler and kid's rooms, unless I put in fairy lights.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Auto lights
    I also have the nightlight in the kids' rooms always on, but otherwise auto light. And yet somehow the monster on the bed still shows up. Coolala, why won't you Defend?!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Always on
    Always on, just because I'm too lazy to change it lol
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Auto lights
    Always auto lights, with one exception. In a dorm room, if one roommate is going to sleep I turn the overhead light off and any other roommates will use a lamp in the same room. I just think it’s considerate.
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Always on
    Always on because I am lazy and forget that I can use auto. In my legacy family I use auto because it is the house I spend the most time in. I usually have one light in the hallway always on, like a night-light.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Auto lights
    and I always change them all to cool white to get rid of the yellow tinge. If I use candles I will most times set those to always-on after I set auto lights.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Auto lights
    Mostly auto lights, but hallways and bathrooms I generally leave on all the time.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Auto lights
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    and I always change them all to cool white to get rid of the yellow tinge. If I use candles I will most times set those to always-on after I set auto lights.

Heh. I am the opposite. I find most houses from the gallery are way too sharply lit. I prefer to have spotted table lights and then floor lamps with a soft glow, so very shadowy rooms with interesting light / dark differences.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Always on
    Always on. I'm too lazy to try anything else to be honest. I don't like rooms being dark.
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    There are options? Not something I've paid much attention to. I think my default is always on, but auto-lights would be good sometimes.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Other:
    I use both "auto" and "always on," depending on the household or gameplay style that I'm playing. For example, in a household that is eco-friendly, I use auto because it makes it seem like they are intentionally turning lights on and off in each room (no idea if it actually affects their power usage honestly). Sometimes I'll use "always on" for certain areas in the house just for my own ease.

I keep all the lights on when I just want to see everything all the time. Which is most of my saves!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Always on
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Started using auto lights in the bedroom. It felt more realistic for the lights to go out when my sims are sleeping.

This, exactly. Autolights in bedrooms. Anywhere else, the just stay on.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Auto lights
    joRN1414 wrote: »

Heh. I am the opposite. I find most houses from the gallery are way too sharply lit. I prefer to have spotted table lights and then floor lamps with a soft glow, so very shadowy rooms with interesting light / dark differences.

I tried that but everything seems just too underlit. You do have a point though, so I'm going to try it. I tend to use a lot of windows too, and that provides some of the same effects in rooms my Sim isn't in. lol.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Auto lights
    Auto lights, mostly.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Auto lights
    @joRN1414 I always change mine too, but I set them to neutral. I don't like the default yellow tinge either. It makes white objects look so dingy and blue objects look green. I also use a lot of windows and mostly the small, round overhead light in rooms, but I don't go overboard with them, just one in each room. The one exception is bedrooms, I like to put table lamps and candles in there for a softer light. Sometimes I'll even put wall lights behind paintings for an even softer effect.